MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

Did I miss something? March 26th is a monday, aren't albums released on tuesdays?

I suspect it's a world-wide release, but ordinarily that date would be effective to International release. In the U.S., it would be the 27th. But it's possible, the digital release will be world-wide on the 26th.

At times, a label will release an album on a Monday- that happens regularly now during Thanksgiving week, for instance.

Way I see it, yeah, it's an extra day of sales, but anyone who REALLY wants an album would pick it up Tuesday, anyhow.

At times, a label will release an album on a Monday- that happens regularly now during Thanksgiving week, for instance.

Way I see it, yeah, it's an extra day of sales, but anyone who REALLY wants an album would pick it up Tuesday, anyhow.

I thought the same thing about "extra day" of sales unless Monday is the cut off date for the previous week? The whole chart thing confuses me at times. So many different rules.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/02/27/from-girls-to-girl-the-reason-why-madonna-changed-the-title-of-her-new-single/

From “Girls” to “Girl”, The Reason why Madonna Changed the Title of her New Single

Joe Francis – founder of GGW Brands which produces the Girls Gone Wild and Guys Gone Wild DVD series – seems to have gotten his way with Madonna without ever having to set foot in a courtroom.

Apparently Madonna has changed the title of her new song “Girls Gone Wild” to avoid any legal problems.

Just before the Super Bowl, Francis and his lawyer David Houston fired off a cease and desist letter threatening Madonna with legal action if she sang the song during her halftime performance, and also demanding that Madonna make things right on her new album.

Well, apparently Madonna and the record label, Interscope, have seen it Joe’s way … because it seems they have agreed to change the song title to “GIRL Gone Wild.”

Francis tells TMZ, the war’s not over…

“Clearly her label was trying to avoid legal action surrounding the song … BUT [the new title] is still infringement as far as the law is concerned, and we have been in touch with Madonna’s people in an effort to resolve this issue.”

Joe Francis says he’ll pursue new legal action if she doesn’t make further changes to the title.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/02/27/from-girls-to-girl-the-reason-why-madonna-changed-the-title-of-her-new-single/

Get the lyrics…

It’s so hypnotic

The way he pulls on me

It’s like the force of gravity

Right up under my feet

It’s so erotic

This feeling can’t be beat

It’s coursing through my whole body

Feel the heat

I got that burning hot desire

And no one can put out my fire

It’s coming right down through the wire

Here it comes

When I hear them 808 drums

It’s got me singin’ hey-ey-e

Like a girl gone wild

A good girl gone wild

I’m like hey-ey-e

Like a girl gone wild

A good girl gone wild

Girls they just wanna have some fun

Get fired up like a smokin’ gun

On the floor till the daylight comes

A girl gone wild

A good girl gone wild

I’m like a girl gone wild

A good girl gone wild

The room is spinnin’

It must be the tanqueray

I’m about to go astray

My inhibition’s gone away

I feel like sinnin’

You got me in the zone

DJ play my favourite song

Turn me on

I got that burning hot desire

And no one can put out my fire

It’s coming right down through the wire

Here it comes

When I hear them 808 drums

It’s got me singin’ hey-ey-e

Like a girl gone wild

A good girl gone wild

I’m like hey-ey-e

Like a girl gone wild

A good girl gone wild

I know, I know, I shouldn’t act this way

I know, I know, I know, good girls don’t misbehave, misbehave

But I’m a bad girl anyway

Forgive me

Hey-ey-e

Like a girl gone wild

A good girl gone wild

I’m like hey-ey-e

Like a girl gone wild

A good girl gone wild

A girl gone wild

A good girl gone wild

I’m like a girl gone wild

A good girl gone wild

Written by Madonna, Jenson Vaughan, Benny Benassi and Alle Benassi

Produced by Madonna, Benny Benassi and Alle Benassi

Guest groovyguy

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1680052/madonna-girl-gone-wild.jhtml

Madonna Drops New Single 'Girl Gone Wild'

Pop icon's inner dance-floor vixen comes out on second MDNA single.

By Jocelyn Vena (@jocelyn1212)

Madonna kicked the party off with "Give Me All Your Luvin', " and she's keeping it going with her second MDNA single, "Girl Gone Wild." The thumping song, released Monday (February 27), proves that this era of Madonna will certainly be focused on pumping out dance-floor anthems.

"Girl Gone Wild" is all about the heat of letting loose and dancing, certainly themes that Madge fans will find familiar. Produced by Benny Benassi, the track, though fun and funky, is a bit darker than her first single, which seemed to pay homage to the '80s version of the pop icon in its bright nature.

"I got that burnin' hot desire/ And no one can put out my fire/ It's coming right down through the wire/ Here it comes/ When I hear them 808 drums/ It's got me singing," she proclaims on the catchy, sing-along chorus. "Hey, ey, ey, ey/ Like a girl gone wild/ A good girl gone wild/ I'm like, hey, ey, ey, ey/ Like a girl gone wild/ A good girl gone wild."

The song chugs along thanks to more dance-floor confessions from the singer, which include, "The room is spinning/ It must be the Tanqueray/ I'm about to go astray/ My inhibition's gone away/ I feel like sinning/ You got me in the zone/ DJ play my favorite song/ Turn me on."

The video was shot earlier this month and was directed by fashion photographers Mert and Marcus, who also shot the colorful artwork for the album. It had been rumored that Britney Spears would be featured on the track, but that rumor was shot down by Madonna herself.

MDNA will drop on March 26. It features production from collaborators like Martin Solveig and William Orbit, Demolition Crew, Alessandro "Alle" Benassi, Hardy "Indiigo" Muanza and Michael Malih.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.billboard.com/news/madonna-gets-fired-up-in-girl-gone-wild-1006293752.story#/news/madonna-gets-fired-up-in-girl-gone-wild-1006293752.story

Madonna Gets 'Fired Up' in 'Girl Gone Wild' Single

After bestowing "Give Me All Your Luvin'" with a Super Bowl-sized debut, Madonna has unveiled "Girl Gone Wild," the candy-coated second single from her forthcoming studio album, "MDNA," on Monday (Feb. 27).

In the world according to this single, girls just want to have some fun, and "get fired up like a smoking gun"; Madonna, for her part, realizes that she "shouldn't act this way" and that "good girls don't misbehave," but fortunately for her, she is a "bad girl anyway, hey!" While "Give Me All Your Luvin'" featured a call-and-response structure and cameos by Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., "Girl Gone Wild" is no-nonsense electro-pop, with a driving beat and propulsive hook that recalls Madge's 2005 single "Hung Up."

Last week, Ultra Music's Patrick Moxey filled in Billboard.com on the origin of the song, which was helmed by dance music superstar Benny Benassi and his production partner/cousin, Ale Benassi, and written by Vancouver native Jenson Vaughan. The Benassi boys recorded the track with Madonna in London, and Moxey says, ""She loved them… Benny is such a quality person; I think that made it all flow so much easier."

Along with "Luvin'," "Girl Gone Wild" previews Madonna's 12th studio album, which follows 2008's "Hard Candy" and will hit stores on March 26. Along with the Benassi boys, "MDNA" will feature production from Martin Solveig and longtime collaborator William Orbit.

"Give Me All Your Luvin'," which Madonna performed during the Super Bowl halftime show earlier this month, dropped to No. 39 on last week's Hot 100 after climbing into the Top 10 the week before. "Luvin'," "Girl Gone Wild" and many more "MDNA" cuts will accompany Madonna on her massive 2012 world tour, which kicks off on May 29 in Israel and heads to North America in August.

Itd be great if it were a new video. That would mean she's putting more emphasis on her music videos this time around which is awesome. Now that I think about it, even though I didn't love GAYL, at least we got a fun video out of it and now are getting another good one with GGW, and maybe again with Kazaky.

Kazaky *Official* American Fan Page

Shock! Kazaky they withdraw in the new Madonna video

26/02/2012

The last time the group Kazaky pleased their fans music video for the song Dance for change, however, even a collaboration with Alan Badoev not caused a wave of popularity and the shocking way it was exactly a year ago with the debut video In the middle. Many critics believe that the four dancers has outlived itself, but the guys do not seem to agree with the apparent belief. Thus, the portal Pre-Party.com learned from reliable sources that Kazaky plan to appear in Madonna's new video "Girl Gone Wild". In his blog, famous choreographer and dancer Jonty Moaning (Jonte 'Moaning) congratulated the children with the news, as well as assured everyone that this joint work with Madge will make them popular all over the world. It is worth noting that you can truly be called Jonty "father" of the group Kazaky, because a lot of images and dance performances taken from the pa Moaninga, which already has worked with Rihanna, Beyonce and the mass of the world's celebrities. It suffices to look at the picture at least on his heel and Jonty this "famous" splits in the air - comes to mind is the same rack Arthur Gasparyan, painfully reminiscent of plagiarism. But judging by the mood Moaninga, he was not offended at the Ukrainian dancers, and even welcomes the beginning of young artists, no matter what methods they did! Here it is, the legendary dancer, Jonte 'Moaning And our shocking Kazaky By the way, the label Firework Sound, which Kazaky worked until last fall, in addition to cooperation with the group THE HARDKISS launched a new project - Eco DJ Chipollino. Great video, driving the music - it seems that work in full swing at full speed. It is still a mystery why the scandalous four dancers decided to go to an independent voyage, but as they say, a holy place is never empty!