MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

Guest bluejean

"Are you walking the dog, cause that dog isn't new." Need I say more? In fact, the dog without a bone thing is the only part of the review that sounds realistic!

:lmao: I know right.

Anyway there's no way they can cut MIA that close to release, the albums already been mastered.

I shudder at the thought of Candy Shop as 1st single. I guess Warner had their good point afterall.

:thumbsup:

They were by no means perfect, but sometimes I feel like Madonna fans are similar to housewives that get cheated on by their spouse and then only blame the mistress and not the husband. In the end, M is responsible for her career. If she has some disappointments due to her mistakes, maybe she will come back better next time.

:thumbsup:

They were by no means perfect, but sometimes I feel like Madonna fans are similar to housewives that get cheated on by their spouse and then only blame the mistress and not the husband. In the end, M is responsible for her career. If she has some disappointments due to her mistakes, maybe she will come back better next time.

I mean you can blame "Warner Bros." for a lot things, but in the end it was just a revolving door of different people and executives. The same people who were making decisions for Hard Candy were not the same ones who were making decisions for AL, ROL, LAP, etc. Anyway, it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to listen to CS and 4M and decide which one would make a better single. The fact that the leaked version of CS was identical to the released version was reason enough NOT to release it as a single, let alone the lead single. Unfortunately, Madonna/Interscope wound up making that same mistake with GMAYL. Except, I think I like CS more? It's at least listenable if you ignore the lyrics and dated Pharrell sound. The hook is good.

Where's your source?

Candy Shop and GI2M were both under consideration for the album name, with GI2m going into full effect till last minute. And again, I don't know where your getting your information from, but CS was supposed to be the 1st single, per Madonna's mind, but because 4M got a better reception at the listening party, 4M ended up becoming the lead.

This is correct.

I can totally see her picking Candy Shop, because she probably had a video in mind and it would have fit the whole candy theme to launch the album.

Exactly. I was kinda disappointed that CS never even became a single at all. I always imagined a pretty stellar and lavish video.

^ But I thought the boxing motif was the original theme? Didn't the belt say "Give It 2 Me"? What a mess of a project.

Yes. In fact the listening party that we keep referring too took place after the album photoshoot (early January). The party was decked out in a pink/candy theme, not per Madonna's request, but done by the WBR people since they knew a "candy" related track was on the album. So sometime after this, the candy theme took in affect. I don't know where the 'Black Madonna" came in though. I can only guess that that shoot didn't happen during the 2007 December boxing shoot but sometime after that in 2008.

Guest bluejean

I mean you can blame "Warner Bros." for a lot things, but in the end it was just a revolving door of different people and executives. The same people who were making decisions for Hard Candy were not the same ones who were making decisions for AL, ROL, LAP, etc.

Very good point.

Anyway, it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to listen to CS and 4M and decide which one would make a better single.

True, but its very hard for the artist to judge their own work since they are personally attached to it. Madonna has said herself that she's not good at choosing the singles.

By the time of that listening party she would have heard those songs a zillion times.

Guest bluejean

Yes. In fact the listening party that we keep referring too took place after the album photoshoot (early January). The party was decked out in a pink/candy theme, not per Madonna's request, but done by the WBR people since they knew a "candy" related track was on the album. So sometime after this, the candy theme took in affect. I don't know where the 'Black Madonna" came in though. I can only guess that that shoot didn't happen during the 2007 December boxing shoot but sometime after that in 2008.

Did the black Madonna shoot ACTUALLY happen??

I don´t know about the black madonna shoot...

but about the Lead single of HC, now it´s pretty obvious for everybody that 4M was the best choice, because it has been one of her best sellers...but, if I had been to that party with warner, it wouldn´t be my choice! I mean, I like the song, more than the melody the instrument that is sounding trhough the song (the one that timberland was supposed to be playing in the video in the beginning), I like the song, but it lacks of something in the melody, not very madonaesque...if you ask me, Dance tonight or, thinking in the US market, Beat goes on would have been my choice.Candy shop, never, I don´t understand why does she like it so much, it´s a good song, but that´s it, not single material.

Guest bluejean

I don´t know about the black madonna shoot...

but about the Lead single of HC, now it´s pretty obvious for everybody that 4M was the best choice, because it has been one of her best sellers...but, if I had been to that party with warner, it wouldn´t be my choice! I mean, I like the song, more than the melody the instrument that is sounding trhough the song (the one that timberland was supposed to be playing in the video in the beginning), I like the song, but it lacks of something in the melody, not very madonaesque...if you ask me, Dance tonight or, thinking in the US market, Beat goes on would have been my choice.Candy shop, never, I don´t understand why does she like it so much, it´s a good song, but that´s it, not single material.

Well, I think a huge part of its appeal is the inclusion of Justin Timberlake and that's why it was chosen. And it is catchier than Candy Shop. Eliminate that aspect and I probably would have chosen 'Give It 2 Me.' It screams HIT to me and I think the only reason it didn't do well is because it didn't sound fresh. THAT Pharrel/Timbaland sound had little appeal to Madonna's fanbase and sounded passe at that point.

Oh and I've never believed Beat Goes On would have done any better. It's sort of like the belief that Push should have been released instead of Jump.

Well, I think a huge part of its appeal is the inclusion of Justin Timberlake and that's why it was chosen. And it is catchier than Candy Shop. Eliminate that aspect and I probably would have chosen 'Give It 2 Me.' It screams HIT to me and I think the only reason it didn't do well is because it didn't sound fresh. THAT Pharrel/Timbaland sound had little appeal to Madonna's fanbase and sounded passe at that point.

Oh and I've never believed Beat Goes On would have done any better. It's sort of like the belief that Push should have been released instead of Jump.

could be, JT was huge back then, also he had songs with other singers that weren´t sueccessful.Anyways, is it only me, or dance 2night has the typical madonna melody? it could have been huge.As much as I love Give it 2 me, it´s too noisy for mainstream radios

Pardon me for getting a little back on track...

Has anyone found the GMAYL physical CD single for sale yet in the U.S.? I know Amazon.com has it, but it's the IMPORT for $10. WTF? The song was catered to the U.S. market and was a top 10 in this region, yet we have to buy the import. I'm not paying $10 for an import. I might have to pass up getting the physical CD for this single.

It's fun to speculate, but would any of the songs actually "have been huge"? I love everything on the album, but no lead single would have done better than 4 Min, and no second single would have been huge, if a track as amazing as "Sorry" petered out at 58.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/02/26/give-me-all-your-luvin-back-cover-hq-no-tags/

Give me all your Luvin’ – Back Cover [HQ - no tags]

The 2-track CD single of Madonna’s latest single “Give me all your Luvin’” can already be pre-ordered on Amazon: Amazon UK (£3.88), Amazon US, Single Import ($9.99) and Amazon DE (EUR 3,99).

Have a look at the HQ back cover…

20120226-pictures-madonna-give-me-all-your-luvin-back.jpg

In case you haven’t seen it yet, here is the front cover in HQ…

20120226-pictures-madonna-give-me-all-your-luvin-front.jpg