MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

^Lead single, promo single, SB single- all the same. GGW is the second single- not hard to comprehend. It may get the push/promo of a lead single, but it's still a second single. The first singe hit the U.S. top 10 and was a fleeting hit, and now we await GGW.

To be honest...I like GMAYL,I think it's fun and catchy....but it never felt like a first single to me.It's too lightweight and poppy.I'd rather treat it as a promo/buzz single for the SuperBowl.GGW sounds more aggressive and more powerful,like a first single should be.I actually like the idea of buzz singles.It's the new way of doing things.

Just found this rumour on another forum

Madonna scrapped the release of 'Give Me All Your Luvin' as the lead single.

"Give Me All Your Luvin'" is sliding 29 spots on the Hot 100, it has now been changed from first single to 'buzz single,' created especially for the SuperBowl. The first official single off of her upcoming album "MDNA" will be "Girls Gone Wild." (produced by Madonna, Benny Benassi, Alle Benassi), which will be premiered this Friday.

:confused:

I'm sorry but WTF? It's too late. GMAYL is MDNA's lead single and nothing is gonna change that. If Madonna believes that they can simple scrap it, then she is completely deluded.

This is very messy. I can't believe it. :wacko:

I'm sorry but WTF? It's too late. GMAYL is MDNA's first single and nothing is gonna change that. If Madonna believes that they can simple scrap it, then she is completely deluded.

This is very messy. I can't believe it. :wacko:

It's not hard at all.All they have to do is announce that GGW is the official "first single" from the album and that "GMAYL" was the teaser/buzz single.It won't be a big catastrophe :lol:

That's just people messing around on a forum- anyone could have wrote that. M's team cannot change what already is.

And obviously GGW didn't premiere this Friday.

I agree.I think it's just wishful thinking ;)

It's not hard at all.All they have to do is announce that GGW is the official "first single" from the album and that "GMAYL" was the teaser/buzz single.It won't be a big catastrophe :lol:

Yes, they could do that, and they've pulled stunts like that before, but everyone always sees through it. GMAYL was announced as the lead single. They can't take that back. And like I said earlier, "buzz singles" don't have official big-budget videos and radio add dates.

Yes, they could do that, and they've pulled stunts like that before, but everyone always sees through it. GMAYL was announced as the lead single. They can't take that back. And like I said earlier, "buzz singles" don't have official big-budget videos and radio add dates.

I totally agree with you. It would be like a joke really.

1. "Girls Gone Wild" Jenson Vaughan Madonna, Benny Benassi, Alle Benassi[38]

2. "Gang Bang" Madonna, William Orbit[39]

3. "I'm Addicted" Madonna, B. Benassi, A. Benassi[40]

4. "Some Girls" Madonna, Orbit[39]

5. "I Don't Give A" Madonna, Martin Solveig[33]

6. "Turn Up the Radio" Madonna, Solveig[33]

7. "Give Me All Your Luvin'" (featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.) Madonna, Solveig, Nicki Minaj, M.I.A., Michael Tordjman[14] Madonna, Solveig[33]

8. "B-Day Song" (featuring M.I.A.) Madonna, Solveig[33]

9. "Superstar"

10. "I'm a Sinner" Madonna, Orbit[39]

11. "Masterpiece" Madonna, Julie Frost, Jimmy Harry[41] Madonna, Orbit[39]

12. "Falling Free" Madonna, Orbit[39]

Deluxe edition bonus tracks

13. "Love Spent" Madonna, Orbit[39]

14. "I Fucked Up" Madonna, Solveig[33]

15. "Beautiful Killer" Madonna, Solveig[33]

16. "Give Me All Your Luvin' (Party Rock Remix)" (featuring LMFAO and Nicki Minaj)

????

:lmao: next they will be claiming MDNA is a "buzz album"

1. "Girls Gone Wild" Jenson Vaughan Madonna, Benny Benassi, Alle Benassi[38]

2. "Gang Bang" Madonna, William Orbit[39]

3. "I'm Addicted" Madonna, B. Benassi, A. Benassi[40]

4. "Some Girls" Madonna, Orbit[39]

5. "I Don't Give A" Madonna, Martin Solveig[33]

6. "Turn Up the Radio" Madonna, Solveig[33]

7. "Give Me All Your Luvin'" (featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.) Madonna, Solveig, Nicki Minaj, M.I.A., Michael Tordjman[14] Madonna, Solveig[33]

8. "B-Day Song" (featuring M.I.A.) Madonna, Solveig[33]

9. "Superstar"

10. "I'm a Sinner" Madonna, Orbit[39]

11. "Masterpiece" Madonna, Julie Frost, Jimmy Harry[41] Madonna, Orbit[39]

12. "Falling Free" Madonna, Orbit[39]

Deluxe edition bonus tracks

13. "Love Spent" Madonna, Orbit[39]

14. "I Fucked Up" Madonna, Solveig[33]

15. "Beautiful Killer" Madonna, Solveig[33]

16. "Give Me All Your Luvin' (Party Rock Remix)" (featuring LMFAO and Nicki Minaj)

????

so,what is the other song that features Nicki Minaj?

Guest HaveASit

February 24, 2012

Single review: Madonna ‘Girls Gone Wild’ puts comeback back on track

Edward Daily

San Diego Music Examiner

Currently, San Diego’s Z93 is spinning “Give Me All Your Luvin’,” a song that has not gone down well with fans or the general public. Some have even called it Madonna’s worst song ever. That’s the bad news.

The good news: Madonna’s upcoming single, “Girls Gone Wild,” will not only put her comeback back on track, but will make listeners forget about “Give Me All Your Lovin’.” It is an absolute club banger and will rank up with “Vogue” and “Ray of Light” as one of Madonna’s best dance tracks.

The song begins with Madonna reciting some sort of prayer, before singing about being a good girl gone bad. There is no doubt that her misogynist critics will shout foul play against a 53-year-old woman singing about going wild. These are the same critics that probably praised Bruce Springsteen’s 2007 single “Girls in Their Summer Clothes,” even though Springsteen was four years older than Madonna when he released it.

However, there is a deeper meaning to the song—it is sort of autobiographical. It’s about a good catholic girl who decides she doesn’t want to play by the rules anymore. Does that sound familiar?

Madonna’s crisp vocals—very reminiscent of her 1993 hit “Deeper and Deeper,” get somewhat lost in the production at times. But it’s a production that is a definite winner. Those who thought Madonna lost her way after listening to “Give Me All Your Luvin’” will be pleased. “Girls Gone Wild” hasn’t officially been released yet, but you should start hearing it any day now.

February 24, 2012

Single review: Madonna ‘Girls Gone Wild’ puts comeback back on track

Edward Daily

San Diego Music Examiner

Currently, San Diego’s Z93 is spinning “Give Me All Your Luvin’,” a song that has not gone down well with fans or the general public. Some have even called it Madonna’s worst song ever. That’s the bad news.

The good news: Madonna’s upcoming single, “Girls Gone Wild,” will not only put her comeback back on track, but will make listeners forget about “Give Me All Your Lovin’.” It is an absolute club banger and will rank up with “Vogue” and “Ray of Light” as one of Madonna’s best dance tracks.

The song begins with Madonna reciting some sort of prayer, before singing about being a good girl gone bad. There is no doubt that her misogynist critics will shout foul play against a 53-year-old woman singing about going wild. These are the same critics that probably praised Bruce Springsteen’s 2007 single “Girls in Their Summer Clothes,” even though Springsteen was four years older than Madonna when he released it.

However, there is a deeper meaning to the song—it is sort of autobiographical. It’s about a good catholic girl who decides she doesn’t want to play by the rules anymore. Does that sound familiar?

Madonna’s crisp vocals—very reminiscent of her 1993 hit “Deeper and Deeper,” get somewhat lost in the production at times. But it’s a production that is a definite winner. Those who thought Madonna lost her way after listening to “Give Me All Your Luvin’” will be pleased. “Girls Gone Wild” hasn’t officially been released yet, but you should start hearing it any day now.

Awesome.

Someone who apparently heard the album posted this review on tribe:

Okay, so I heard the album today. I will have a full review of the album the week of it's release. Let's just say that even though this album is no Ray of Light or Like a Prayer, there is nothing to worry about here. Madonna has made a solid album with only a couple lousy tracks:

Give Me All Your Luvin and B-Day song. By the way, MIA's contribution has been taken out of B-Day song. From the sound of the people at Interscope, they wish MIA would be taken out for good everywhere. They are REALLY pissed at her.

Let me talk about the standout tracks first.

Girls Gone Wild--This song is EPIC. It immediately is on fire. It sort of reminds me of Deeper and Deeper. It may be overproduced, but so what. I can see a great video being made out of this.

Falling Free--What a beatiful ballad. Her voice sounds so pure in this. "Falling Free without a hand to hold. Falling Free like a dog without a bone" are they only lyrics I remember. Think "This Used To Be My Playground" but only better.

Masterpiece--You have all heard this. It is beautiful.

Turn Up The Radio--Definitely a club banger. If the lyrics didn't repeat themselves so much, this would have been my choice for a second single.

Gang Bang--Madonna wants to kill somebody in this song. It's not so musically impressive, but the lyrics really tell a story. I hope the story isn't autobiographical.

I F*cked Up--This song is Madonna basically saying sorry to people she hurt in the past. It sort of reminds me of Alanis Morisette's "Unsent." It has two slow parts, but the chorus is fast and really good.

The songs that didn't excite me:

I'm a Sinner--It sounded like a Britney Spears song. It wasn't bad, but several took a bathroom break during the song. "I'm a sinner and I don't care. I have given all I dare to bare." LOL!

B-Day Song--Abortional. Nanananananananananananana.

Some Girls--A good midtempo beat, but really bad lyrics. "Some girls they like candy. Some girls they like fun. Some girls like to f**k."

GMAYL--The worst song on the album besides B-Day song. The people at Interscope wanted to skip it, but some listeners wanted to hear it. One of the A&R guys told me that Interscope did not want to release this as the first single, but Madonna insisted they do.

Overall, I would give the album a B+ and that's just from one listen. It ranks up there with Confessions, but not Ray of Light or Like a Prayer.

Okay, so I heard the album today. I will have a full review of the album the week of it's release. Let's just say that even though this album is no Ray of Light or Like a Prayer, there is nothing to worry about here. Madonna has made a solid album with only a couple lousy tracks:

Give Me All Your Luvin and B-Day song. By the way, MIA's contribution has been taken out of B-Day song. From the sound of the people at Interscope, they wish MIA would be taken out for good everywhere. They are REALLY pissed at her.

Let me talk about the standout tracks first.

Girls Gone Wild--This song is EPIC. It immediately is on fire. It sort of reminds me of Deeper and Deeper. It may be overproduced, but so what. I can see a great video being made out of this.

Falling Free--What a beatiful ballad. Her voice sounds so pure in this. "Falling Free without a hand to hold. Falling Free like a dog without a bone" are they only lyrics I remember. Think "This Used To Be My Playground" but only better.

Masterpiece--You have all heard this. It is beautiful.

Turn Up The Radio--Definitely a club banger. If the lyrics didn't repeat themselves so much, this would have been my choice for a second single.

Gang Bang--Madonna wants to kill somebody in this song. It's not so musically impressive, but the lyrics really tell a story. I hope the story isn't autobiographical.

I F*cked Up--This song is Madonna basically saying sorry to people she hurt in the past. It sort of reminds me of Alanis Morisette's "Unsent." It has two slow parts, but the chorus is fast and really good.

The songs that didn't excite me:

I'm a Sinner--It sounded like a Britney Spears song. It wasn't bad, but several took a bathroom break during the song. "I'm a sinner and I don't care. I have given all I dare to bare." LOL!

B-Day Song--Abortional. Nanananananananananananana.

Some Girls--A good midtempo beat, but really bad lyrics. "Some girls they like candy. Some girls they like fun. Some girls like to f**k."

GMAYL--The worst song on the album besides B-Day song. The people at Interscope wanted to skip it, but some listeners wanted to hear it. One of the A&R guys told me that Interscope did not want to release this as the first single, but Madonna insisted they do.

Overall, I would give the album a B+ and that's just from one listen. It ranks up there with Confessions, but not Ray of Light or Like a Prayer.

I am confused by this...nearly half the album isn't that great but it's a solid album? :zombie:

And I'm sorry but "Falling Free without a hand to hold. Falling Free like a dog without a bone" :lmao:

Just a note-the person who posted the review found it elsewhere & didn't listen to the album themselves. They also added "take it with a grain a salt" although they believed it was probably true. It seems the only "awful" songs are GMAYL & Birthday Song. They should switch out Birthday Song if it's truly bad.

I Don't Give A, I'm Addicted, Beautiful Killer, and Superstar were not mentioned.

Edited by Louise Oriole

Someone who apparently heard the album posted this review on tribe:

So there was a listening party? If so we should get more reviews..

Madonna wanted GMAYL as a first single? I knew it..

Interscope probably wanted TUTR or GGW.

I knew Madonna wanted GMAYL as first single. She also wanted Candy Shop to be first single but I guess WBR was more decisive than Interscope at that time. Somebody should stop her making stupid decisions. I hope GMAYL won't harm the album sales..