MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

Apparently Adele is selling +300K this week, is there any event near to the release date of MDNA where she can perform? I'm starting to feel a little worried about the #1 spot for the album really.

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

i really don't think HC was that bad. oddly enough, i personally think it sounds much better now than it did then. i do agree they should have really tried to release it in the fall/winter of 2007. it sounded pretty dated by the time it came out. still, i do like to give it a spin every now and then. it's a fun little album.

i think MDNA is going to be pretty different to it, though. i know that there was that one person who compared it to HC, and maybe i can see that in terms of it being a 'light/poppy' album, but i really think it's going to be like a splicing of 'music' and COAD. either way, i can't wait. :dramatic:

Apparently Adele is selling +300K this week, is there any event near to the release date of MDNA where she can perform? I'm starting to feel a little worried about the #1 spot for the album really.

god, i'm so over that cow. and i even imported the damn album from the UK because i didn't want to wait for it to be released here in the US. but now? i can't go ANYWHERE without hearing her wailing about her broken heart. she's talented, and the music is good, yes, but my GOD.

having said that, i doubt we have anything to worry about there. i think a #1 debut is pretty much a given at this point. the pre-order thing was a huge success, and remember...madonna will actually be doing promotion around that time, so people will be even more aware of it than they are now. i think we're safe. :thumbsup: well, unless adele dies or something, then we're fucked.

god, i'm so over that cow. and i even imported the damn album from the UK because i didn't want to wait for it to be released here in the US. but now? i can't go ANYWHERE without hearing her wailing about her broken heart. she's talented, and the music is good, yes, but my GOD.

+1 :thumbsup:

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/02/23/madonna-photoshoot-by-mert-alas-and-marcus-piggott-details-revealed/

Madonna photoshoot by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott: Details revealed!

We’ve all seen the incredible pictures taken by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott for the covers of Madonna’s MDNA album, the “Give me all your Luvin’” single and the tour poster.

Madonnarama just received some exclusive details on the different photoshoots by Alas & Piggott and we’d like to share it with our readers…

- The glamorous shoot has Madonna wearing an Antonio Berardi red dress with padded shoulders and matching red lips and red fingerless gloves. A multi-color filter has also been added to give it a broken-mirror kind of effect.

20120223-news-madonna-alas-piggott-photoshoots-details-revealed-mdna.jpg

- The sexy underwear session features Madonna wearing a black, very sexy boy short and a not too revealing demi cup bra (probably Michi). Add some high knee-boots and a 70ies magenta feather boa to go with it.

Madonna still has the red lips, the fingerless gloves and hair quite similar to the “Confessions on a Dancefloor ” era.

The colors for this shoot are also very intense.

A few of these have been selected, including one where she’s sitting on the floor.

- The Madonna World Tour session where Madonna can be seen wearing black sunglasses and a white jacket. One of the pictures has been used for the official tour poster.

20120223-news-madonna-alas-piggott-photoshoots-details-revealed-tour.jpg

- The black & white photoshoot which has Madonna wearing a Markus Lupfer “Star Intarsia Jumper” looking very young, beautiful and playful.

20120223-news-madonna-alas-piggott-photoshoots-details-revealed-gmayl.jpg

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/02/23/madonna-photoshoot-by-mert-alas-and-marcus-piggott-details-revealed/

We’ve all seen the incredible pictures taken by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott for the covers of Madonna’s MDNA album, the “Give me all your Luvin’” single and the tour poster.

Madonnarama just received some exclusive details on the different photoshoots by Alas & Piggott and we’d like to share it with our readers…

- The glamorous shoot has Madonna wearing an Antonio Berardi red dress with padded shoulders and matching red lips and red fingerless gloves. A multi-color filter has also been added to give it a broken-mirror kind of effect.

- The sexy underwear session features Madonna wearing a black, very sexy boy short and a not too revealing demi cup bra (probably Michi). Add some high knee-boots and a 70ies magenta feather boa to go with it.

Madonna still has the red lips, the fingerless gloves and hair quite similar to the “Confessions on a Dancefloor ” era.

A few of these have been selected, including one where she’s sitting on the floor.

- The Madonna World Tour session where Madonna can be seen wearing black sunglasses and a white jacket. One of the pictures has been used for the official tour poster.

- The black & white photoshoot which has Madonna wearing a Markus Lupfer “Star Intarsia Jumper” looking very young, beautiful and playful.

i'm dying to see the rest of the album artwork. i'm absolutely in love with what we've been given so far. i even ordered those new shirts on the livenation shop. :vogue:

dannylex- the only awards program upcoming would be possibly the Billboard Music Awards- but it aired in May last year, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Thanks Holi.

And to the Adele haters: She's awesome, the best thing that happened to music since Madonna, and the Queen herself agrees with me.

Thanks Holi.

And to the Adele haters: She's awesome, the best thing that happened to music since Madonna, and the Queen herself agrees with me.

i never said i hate her. i think she's very talented, and her music is really good. i love her personality as well. but she's overexposed as FUCK, is all. i just wish she'd go away for awhile. i mean, i can't even stomach her voice anymore because i hear it EVERYWHERE I GO.

Thanks Holi.

Since Madonna? Are you kidding. So much happened in 30 years and you are saying that Adelaide is the best thing out of the bunch? :lol:

i never said i hate her. i think she's very talented, and her music is really good. i love her personality as well. but she's overexposed as FUCK, is all. i just wish she'd go away for awhile. i mean, i can't even stomach her voice anymore because i hear it EVERYWHERE I GO.

I just don't listen to the radio since years I think but I get your point :thumbsup:

no worries, i heard she's taking a 5 year break before recording another album

Theres always someone who's super big with the masses very safe and easy listening, remember Dido, Norah Jones and now Adele.

Yeah but neither has been as bland and depressive as Adele.

Dido and Norah Jones were more eclectic within their signature voices and sounds. I prefer them anyday to Adele.

Guest Osh Şarif

Can't wait any more For The new session

The other thing about Adele is that she's always slightly off pitch. She gets so much love for her voice, but it DRIVES ME CRAZY. Obviously Madonna is just as bad, but people don't go around praising her vocals like she's Whitney Houston.

So all the info from the fan sites about her hair style was fake :rotfl:

:lol: Well they did say something about a white jacket, didn't they? So there was some half truth.

So all the info from the fan sites about her hair style was fake :rotfl:

gawd, i kept on imagining about that mohawky, upward hairstyle they were talking about... didn't care about the white padded jacket...

Just found this rumour on another forum

Madonna scrapped the release of 'Give Me All Your Luvin' as the lead single.

"Give Me All Your Luvin'" is sliding 29 spots on the Hot 100, it has now been changed from first single to 'buzz single,' created especially for the SuperBowl. The first official single off of her upcoming album "MDNA" will be "Girls Gone Wild." (produced by Madonna, Benny Benassi, Alle Benassi), which will be premiered this Friday.

According to HITS Daily Double, Madonna is set to premiere "GGW" this friday. She will release it on VEVO with a lyric video.

It's a smart move to turn "GMAYL" into a buzzsingle. It was pretty much only for the SuperBowl and the track did a 'good' job.

Billboard.com has posted an article about how Madonna's second 'MDNA' single 'Girls Gone Wild' came together. Read it below!

Billboard.com:

It was born from the remote union of two Italian producers and a Canadian writer, all signed to Patrick Moxey's Ultra Music.

"Obviously it's huge for us," Moxey tells Billboard.com. "We have both the producer and the top-line writer; that's 100% share."

The mid-tempo, four-on-the-floor party track is a tougher take on the style of Madge's 2005 effort, "Confessions On A Dancefloor," produced by Stuart Price: It's undeniably dance, but with stronger electro than house markings. ("MDNA" in totality will probably be more diverse, featuring the production of disco house champion Martin Solveig on four tracks, and the darker, trance-ier William Orbit on five.)

Moxey traces the song's beginning back to early 2011, when Ultra Records artist Benny Benassi was preparing to release "Electroman," his fourth studio album. Moxey thought his aggressive style would "work well with some of the major American superstar artists," so he requested additional tracks from Benny and his longtime production partner, Ale (Alejandro) Benassi, also his cousin.

Benassi is best known for single "Satisfaction," a robotic take on the Rolling Stones original, which snagged a high-profile Wendy's synch back in 2003. Since then, he's made his mark with a hard-hitting electro-focused singles and DJ sets that nonetheless mesh with different genres, snagging a "Best Remix" Grammy in 2008 for Public Enemy's "Bring The Noise." (Skrillex just took the same award this year for his take on "Cinema," a Benassi original.)

Moxey selected a few tracks and shared them with Jenson Vaughan, a young top-line writer based in Vancouver. Vaughn had done extensive work with U.K. producer Ian Carey, on collaborations with artists like Timbaland, Kelly Rowland and Snoop Dogg. "I was really attracted to his lyrics," says Moxey, "and I feel Benassi in my bones, because those bass-driven tracks are so inspiring. It's a bit like cooking, like, 'Ooh, what would this sound like together?'"

Vaughn returned a demo just a week later, which Moxey shared with Benassi's European co-manager Paul Sears, who in turn sent it to Guy Oseary, Madonna's manager. Soon, the Benassi boys were on their way to London (from their home of Parma, Italy) to record with Madonna. "She loved them," reports Moxey. "Benny is such a quality person; I think that made it all flow so much easier."

Two tracks from that session -- "Girls" and "I'm Addicted" -- made it onto "MDNA," with "Girls" opening the album.

"A brilliant way to have hits is to create hits," says Moxey. "When you have very talented people around you, you just make the introductions, and maybe give them some direction. It's the essence of the A&R process, but it's so natural -- it's not contrived."

Looking toward the release of the "GGW" video, Moxey says he isn't concerned with a reported lawsuit from Joe Francis, creator of the "Girls Gone Wild" series of co-ed flasher videos. "When I looked at ASCAP, I noticed there were approximately 50 records called 'Girls Gone Wild,'" he says. "This guy just thinks too much of himself."

:confused:

I've been saying all along that GMAYL should be treated as a "buzz single" :lol: I like the song,but it doesn't feel like a 'first single'...it feels more like a song to promote/hype her SuperBowl appearance.And now that football season is over,how can it possibly have longevity? As a "buzz single",it did its job (hyping the SuperBowl and reaching the Top 10 in America) but now let's move on the REAL first single.

A buzz single not the 'first' single even though the it had a video, worldwide release, a live performance and a physical release? It's going to be hard to justify that one! However, it does mean this place will be clogged up with the lambs going 'GGW' was the first single not GMAYL like Die Another Day/American Life!

A buzz single not the 'first' single even though the it had a video, worldwide release, a live performance and a physical release? It's going to be hard to justify that one!

hey...this is *Madonna* we're talking about.Even her "buzz singles" get the maximum treatment and promotion ;) That's how they can justify it.