MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

Idk...I think the people going in every thread screaming it's a flop...it's a flop are the ones most worried about it. I don't see how some can't see how annoying that is to see not in just one thread, but in all threads that pertain to the whole project. You got it in this album thread, the video thread, the Superbowl thread and sales and airplay threads. I mean....we get it! :lol:

Not directed at you obviously but sheesh....I'll just say we are in a transitional phase with Madge's career IMO. She's now primarily a touring artist, WB was all about pushing the singles to sell the albums. LN/Interscope is more about pushing the album to promote the tour...not the other way around as we are accustomed to. I truly don't think worldwide number one smash singles are necessarily a priority at this point. Obviously if it happened nobody would be complaining but I don't think they even expect that at this point with her.I don't care how good or bad the song is, she is just not going to get the same support she once did from radio...it's just not gonna happen. I'll just say the success of singles is only a small part of determining success of her eras. I think album sales and tour grosses are most important at this stage in the game.

Exactly.It's time for fans to let go of that dream.It's likely that Madonna will never have a Number One single again.The focus will be on record-breaking tours and the worldwide sales of the album.

Guest bluejean

I think the frustration for many is that this is the 1st time we've seen such big promo for a song, and if the song was actually a great song it would be #1 in the US.

Saying she'll never have a number one single again is inaccurate imo. If she keeps releasing songs like that then no, she won't. But that's really all it comes down to. And yes, people really got their hopes up. I was genuinely shocked that the song was at some point being discussed as a potential #1. I mean it almost seemed annoying to think that song could do better than 'Hung Up' did on the charts.

Just imagine if Hung Up had THAT push in the US. It would certainly have been a #1 hit.

I think the frustration for many is that this is the 1st time we've seen such big promo for a song, and if the song was actually a great song it would be #1 in the US.

Saying she'll never have a number one single again is inaccurate imo. If she keeps releasing songs like that then no, she won't. But that's really all it comes down to. And yes, people really got their hopes up. I was genuinely shocked that the song was at some point being discussed as a potential #1. I mean it almost seemed annoying to think that song could do better than 'Hung Up' did on the charts.

Just imagine if Hung Up had THAT push in the US. It would certainly have been a #1 hit.

Exactly. Your the only one in here with a brain. With all the promo if the song was great would have hit number 1 or 2 easily. I have yet to hear anyone say they like the song the majority hate it. I don't even care for number 1's or charts just great songs from Madonna is what i want. This is the first time EVER a Madonna song actually annoys me.

Guest bluejean

Exactly. Your the only one in here with a brain. With all the promo if the song was great would have hit number 1 or 2 easily. I have yet to hear anyone say they like the song the majority hate it.

There are people that like it, even non fans, but overall the response has been underwhelming.

Exactly. Your the only one in here with a brain. With all the promo if the song was great would have hit number 1 or 2 easily. I have yet to hear anyone say they like the song the majority hate it. I don't even care for number 1's or charts just great songs from Madonna is what i want. This is the first time EVER a Madonna song actually annoys me.

You do not know that for a fact.

You do not know that for a fact.

I know i know but it got a massive push and if it were a GREAT song it would have been much higher i believe so. Anyway who cares about charts now a days it's all about quality and for me its not there. Hopefully the album is great.

I'm still seeing her in Montreal and the tour will be HUGE as usual but it would have been exciting with a great lead off single. That's all im saying. The anticipation was bigger than normal for this Madonna release.

I'm not so sure back in 2005, as the peak of R&B/Hip-Hop domination on pop radio was JUST starting to wane very slightly that HU would've done much better than it did. Not that I ever heard that song on the radio back then, but playing it against other "hits" of the time, it sounds almost alien. You have to understand how anti "pop" US radio was back then. In retrospect, it seems that Kelly Clarkson's Since U Been Gone was kind of the beginning of pop being ushered back into radio. After that then Timbo/JT/Nelly F. started having many "pop" hits and the ball just rolled on from there til we reached the peak of the current pop explosion which IMO was Lady Gaga a couple years ago. Now, obviously dance/pop is THE sound on radio but it's all become a little samey and generic as the Hip-Hop/R&B was getting toward the end of it's reign. That's one thing I can appreciate about GAYL, it certainly doesn't fit in the generic mold of what's currently hot on radio.

I understand where you're coming from though as I agree with you that in comparison to some of her other songs in recent years (such as HU), GAYL isn't as good to me either. I do like it though, I certainly don't think it's one of her worst songs by any means. But I don't think it's as good as HU or even GT. However, there is not unanimous hate for this song so saying she should've released a better song is kinda a moot point. Who determines that it is bad? The song hasn't done terrible at all and many people actually love it, especially since the video and SB performance. IMO Madonna has released many great songs since her last number one in 2000, many better than her actual past number ones. It's an uphill battle though. Every 10 years or so it seems she reaches another "transitional" period. Think back to 1993 when Bad Girl became the first song since Holiday to miss Top 20, that was unheard of for her back then but once that happened it became more common. Then in 2003, Hollywood became her first single to completely miss the Hot 100, since then though many of her singles have had the same fate. Going back to Bad Girl for a minute, consider the fact that it had one of the best videos of her career to support it and she performed the song on SNL. Hollywood, was by far the most radio friendly song on AL...even moreso than DAD IMO. She promoted that album relentlessly it seems AND she performed Hollywood in what became one of MTV's most iconic moments (albeit AFTER the single flopped...but still it hadn't been THAT long) yet it did nothing for that song. Here we are in 2012 and it *seems* as though we are entering another "transitional" phase in her career. I think it's inevitable.

Honey, Madonna will NEVER hit number 1 or 2 EASILY again in the US. FACT. She's gonna need payola for a month and another Super Bowl audience for that! :lol:

I don't care what she releases. I have yet to hear anyone outside of this forum say that they hate the song...so where does that leave us??

Guest Xanthium

Personally I love the song. I think it's fun and catchy. But I would never pick it for a lead single. Absolutely not. Maybe as a 4th single to show some light-hearted fun. As a song, it makes an excellent album track.

Personally I love the song. I think it's fun and catchy. But I would never pick it for a lead single. Absolutely not. Maybe as a 4th single to show some light-hearted fun. As a song, it makes an excellent album track.

I question whether GAYL was made specifically for Super Bowl but I do wonder if it weren't for the Super Bowl if she would've picked something else as the lead single. Based on the GGW and TUTR clips, I'm not so sure those would've fared much better honestly. Of course it's hard to make proper judgement on 30 sec clips!

I question whether GAYL was made specifically for Super Bowl but I do wonder if it weren't for the Super Bowl if she would've picked something else as the lead single. Based on the GGW and TUTR clips, I'm not so sure those would've fared much better honestly. Of course it's hard to make proper judgement on 30 sec clips!

Personally I get the feeling that GMAYL is the hit worthiest single on the album. On the megamix it actually sounds iconic hit compared to the others..

Depends on the release schedule.

If Interscope had played all their cards right like releasing GMAYL and album deal right AFTER Super Bowl she would have had close 300000 sales in first week + airplay.

It would have been no.1 debut on Billboard.

Now that its divided for one week and 3 days, its considered a flop. Really sad.

Also, they keeped everything a secret until the last moment. There was no hype before this release. The business doesn't work that way, you have to promote weeks or even months before to build up the hype.

And radio gave Hung Up a cold shoulder back then. It also got very mixed reaction from her fans, just like GMAYL.

Honey, Madonna will NEVER hit number 1 or 2 EASILY again in the US. FACT. She's gonna need payola for a month and another Super Bowl audience for that! :lol:

I don't care what she releases. I have yet to hear anyone outside of this forum say that they hate the song...so where does that leave us??

Honey i also said who cares about number 1,2? It's about quality. The song is catchy but crap. I come on here once a day to see some news so i don't go by what members are saying i go out watch TV, listen to the radio(montreal usually love Madonna) my friends at my brothers 3 bars in Montreal the the majority of people think it's crap. Some people need to get out more. TMZ(one guy said is was crap), ETALK,MUCHMUSIC they all have said they don't like the song.

Or atleast ill say that is how it is in Montreal.

If everyone loves this song everywhere else i apologize for speaking on your behalf. LOL

Guest groovyguy

http://boyculture.typepad.com/boy_culture/2012/02/maximum-madonna.html#more

Have heard all the remixes of "Give Me All Your Luvin'" from the upcoming maxi—some good stuff...

Radio Edit—Clean: You've heard this one.

Album Version—Explicit: This is the "shit!"

Party Rock Remix—Superaccessible and fun.

Oliver Twizt Remix—Madonna's vocal sounds canned and tinny but is prominent. So-so.

Sultan + Ned Shepard Remix—I think this one is difficult to dance to, stopping the proceedings for her vocal and then dissolving into a frantic mess. So-so.

Nicky Romero Remix—Very true to the original with lots of chanting and that peculiar club buzzing in the beginning that sounds like mosquito electronica. Good.

Laidback Luke Remix—Wildly techno with an anthemic quality, I like parts of this one a lot. Just dislike that the vocal feels buried. But very hot.

Guest bluejean

http://boyculture.typepad.com/boy_culture/2012/02/maximum-madonna.html#more

Have heard all the remixes of "Give Me All Your Luvin'" from the upcoming maxi—some good stuff...

Radio Edit—Clean: You've heard this one.

Album Version—Explicit: This is the "shit!"

Party Rock Remix—Superaccessible and fun.

Oliver Twizt Remix—Madonna's vocal sounds canned and tinny but is prominent. So-so.

Sultan + Ned Shepard Remix—I think this one is difficult to dance to, stopping the proceedings for her vocal and then dissolving into a frantic mess. So-so.

Nicky Romero Remix—Very true to the original with lots of chanting and that peculiar club buzzing in the beginning that sounds like mosquito electronica. Good.

Laidback Luke Remix—Wildly techno with an anthemic quality, I like parts of this one a lot. Just dislike that the vocal feels buried. But very hot.

Why is this stupid blog pretend it has an exclusive when the remixes have actually leaked

Honey i also said who cares about number 1,2? It's about quality. The song is catchy but crap. I come on here once a day to see some news so i don't go by what members are saying i go out watch TV, listen to the radio(montreal usually love Madonna) my friends at my brothers 3 bars in Montreal the the majority of people think it's crap. Some people need to get out more. TMZ(one guy said is was crap), ETALK,MUCHMUSIC they all have said they don't like the song.

If everyone loves this song everywhere else i apologize for speaking on your behalf. LOL

So you're speaking on behalf of ALL Montreal ?

This is different kinda music than your usual gay bang, bang beats. This song is more like 60's vibe. Many of my older friends who are not Madonna fans adore this song. Also many teens love it. Didn't this top Canadian iTunes for several days???

Its very different from the usual shit on the charts. Once again Madonna is fiting the trends here.

Im sure many ghays wanted Confessions part 2, which is clubby. Perhaps GGW will please club/bar crowds more, but that is more chasing the current trends and thus boring. At least GMAYL is different.

WOULDA COULDA SHOULDA.

Stop with the "if it were better it would hit #1" hypothesis please. 90% of the current hit singles are pop trash.

Well, you failed. :lmao:

With a total of 6 posts in all threads on this song im the one being dramatic? You got me! LOL I could care less about the success of the song im not getting any money out of this the ones defending this song are more dramatic with 100 posts(100 word essays) etc.......LMAO

Irony.

Well...sad to say but let's face it...GMAYL is a turkey largely because of the release date. Let's just hope MDNA blows every other album on the charts out of the water.

Guest bluejean

WOULDA COULDA SHOULDA.

Stop with the "if it were better it would hit #1" hypothesis please. 90% of the current hit singles are pop trash.

Well that is YOUR opinion. I like alot of the songs on the charts and so do, um, thousands of others buying them apparently.

Well...sad to say but let's face it...GMAYL is a turkey largely because of the release date. Let's just hope MDNA blows every other album on the charts out of the water.

+1

it had only one promo, Super Bowl. There was no buzz before it. They keeped everything in a closet since the leak. Bad move.

But its no turkey, it has done amazing considering the bad promo. Top 10 sales in Germany, Japan, Canada, France, Italy, Spain, Mexico, USA...not to mention smaller countries.

And probably top 10 sales in UK just not counted towards the chart position.