Madonna World Tour Schedule

Guest groovyguy

What I meant was she could get away with playing a lot of newer songs for DWT than she can now because she hadn't toured in so long and ROL and Music were very popular. Yes, people complained but it didn't turn them off from attending future concerts.

well, she hadn´t toured in 8 years, so we really wanted to see her badly!!!! if she had toured two years ago, believe me, the success of that tour would have been smaller.

and, anyways, she allways performs a lot of songs from her last album! in all her tours! in BAT, 5 from LAP and 4 from I´m breathless, in the girlie show 6 from Erotica...I expect a lot of songs from her last album too. And, RIT wasnñt a GH tour, the sold it like this, because it was good for them, easier to sell, but it had other 4-5 songs from her last album too...she hasn´t done a Greatest Hits tour yet

Posted on M Tribe

on the italian site quotidianamente.it is written that Live nation is planning a third show in italy..the show would happen in rome and it would replace Zagreb,,,,

:shock: and now what do i do with my GC florence ticket??

So the latest rumours in Brazil are saying the dates will be revealed on the second semester and she's gonna expand her field on latin america.

Reports say Lima, Peru and Cordoba besides BA, Argentina.

In Brazil six shows are in talking:

2 in São Paulo - 4 and 5 december, Morumbi Stadium

2 in Rio de Janeiro - probably after São Paulo, Parque dos Atletas where were the last Rock in Rio (it's pretty big, around 100-150 thousand people. Maracanã is out of schedule because of the reforms for the world cup. Gaga will be doing in the same place november)

1 in Fortaleza - there's a big stadium over there(70,000)

1 in Porto Alegre - 9 december, Beira-Rio Stadium(Paul Mccartney and others big artist already did. It seems tricky because of the reforms for the world cup, but sources say if don't work out she will be doing in another venue, another stadium or an arena most likely)

So the latest rumours in Brazil are saying the dates will be revealed on the second semester and she's gonna expand her field on latin america.

What does second semester mean?

Guest jamesshot

well, she hadn´t toured in 8 years, so we really wanted to see her badly!!!! if she had toured two years ago, believe me, the success of that tour would have been smaller.

and, anyways, she allways performs a lot of songs from her last album! in all her tours! in BAT, 5 from LAP and 4 from I´m breathless, in the girlie show 6 from Erotica...I expect a lot of songs from her last album too. And, RIT wasnñt a GH tour, the sold it like this, because it was good for them, easier to sell, but it had other 4-5 songs from her last album too...she hasn´t done a Greatest Hits tour yet

But all her tours before CT, her newer material was extremely popular and well known. By the time she performed LAP songs for BAT, they were already popular Madonna songs. For CT and SST, esp in the USA, those new songs were completely new to most of the audiences.

Rome si CRAZY. She's crazy. There are still plenty of tickets for Milan and Florence, three stadiums show in the same week? With her prices? It's not 2001 or 2006 anymore. I'm NOT going for sure.

You're wrong mate. There are just a few hundred tickets left between the two, Firenze and Milan. They are practically sold out. Do you think they would have added another date if this was not the case?

However, how Rome will sell is another stroy....I am certainly not buying another ticket. One is enough for me ;)

Knew she couldn't leave Detroit off the itinerary. Not the usual venue, though (Palace at Auburn Hills)- maybe it's not available, a la Madison Square Garden in NY?

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120312/ENT04/203120373/1361/Madonna-sets-November-date-at-the-Joe

Madonna sets November date at the Joe

By Adam Graham

Detroit News Pop Music Writer

Madonna's upcoming tour will be coming to Detroit after all.

The Material Girl has scheduled a Nov. 8 date at Joe Louis Arena, promoter Live Nation announced Monday. Tickets, $48, $93 and $173, go on sale at 10 a.m. March 19.

Detroit was initially left off Madonna's itinerary when dates for the upcoming trek were announced last month. Her hometown was a late addition to her 2008 Sticky and Sweet tour, as well, with a local date announced months after the rest of the tour had been rolled out. She eventually played a November 2008 date at Ford Field to more than 30,000 fans.

The tour kicks off overseas in May and touches down in North America Aug. 28 at Philadelphia's Wells Fargo Center.

Madonna's new album, "MDNA," will be released March 26.

But all her tours before CT, her newer material was extremely popular and well known. By the time she performed LAP songs for BAT, they were already popular Madonna songs. For CT and SST, esp in the USA, those new songs were completely new to most of the audiences.

they were known songs for the fans, not for the common people that just wants to see a great show: I remember watching her during the WTG tour on the TV, and I didn´t know who´s that girls songs, and the songs from I´m breathless were new for a lot of people too.Of course, some songs from Erotica, as In this life or Why is so hard, weren´t famous either

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6683

Madonna to perform in Rome on June 12

Speculations are roaring on the Italian news outlets about Rome being the city that will replace Zagreb in the itinerary of the Madonna World Tour 2012, following the cancellation of the concert at the Maksimir Stadium on June 11.

MadonnaTribe understands and can report that the rumour is true - but the date isn't.

The Tour should stop at the Olympic Stadium in Rome, Italy the following day June 12, 2012.

The city of Rome was originally included in a draft itinerary for the new Madonna tour, but was later scrapped in favour of the concert in Florence.

Following the cancellation of the stop in Croatia, Rome is now set to be the third - or we should say first - tour concert in Italy this Summer.

I thought she would go for a smaller venue in Rome. :scared:

there's not good one in rome...palalottomatica has a dreadful sound, the only smaller venue (flaminio stadium, 30000 capacity is under renovation). that's all we have...

Looking at the calendar, the European leg is relatively sparse right now. So far, she is only averaging approximately 2 shows a week for the 11 weeks she is in Europe. Contrast that with 3 per week over 14 weeks in North America. Maybe it is to avoid burnout?

I really want to see the Australian leg schedule! :drool:

Guest boytoyville

I am surprised to see Detroit added. That is super cool. Awesome about the Rome date as well. Three Stadium shows in Italy again for this tour. Yay, Italy lovews Madge!

Guest boytoyville

This tour is shaping up to be epic in it's length and scale of the tour. Doing arena's and stadiums in US and Europe and at 71 dates without any South American or Australian dates. Live Nation said approx 90 dates but I could see it being more close to 100. This tour is shapping up to tour more ground than ever before. I love it. Go Madge!

This tour is shaping up to be epic in it's length and scale of the tour. Doing arena's and stadiums in US and Europe and at 71 dates without any South American or Australian dates. Live Nation said approx 90 dates but I could see it being more close to 100. This tour is shapping up to tour more ground than ever before. I love it. Go Madge!

I was thinking this too. She's supposedly doing more Latin American shows than she did during the SST. Maybe they're thinking of doing nearly 90 shows by the end of this year (w/o including Oz next year)? She better get some rest before she starts up next year. I don't want the Oz press to tear her a new one :lmao: Do you think they'll add some Asian shows next year? M might be burned out by the time she's done w/ Oz. :dramatic:

Guest boytoyville

^ They should bring her to Japan again. There is good money in it, she is already on that side of the globe, and she didn't go there for Sticky and Sweet.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/madonna-tickets-bought-from-touts-will-not-be-honoured-flash--449645.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Madonna tickets bought from touts will not be honoured - Flash

Organisers of Abu Dhabi’s Madonna concert have warned fans that tickets bought from unauthorised sellers will not be honoured and touts that sell tickets at inflated prices may be banned from future events.

Tickets to the US pop star’s first UAE concert on June 3 sold out within one hour of going on sale in February, prompting organisers Flash Entertainment to announce a second gig.

At the time of writing, there were 158 listings for Madonna tickets on sale via online classifieds site Dubizzle.com. One of these listings was advertising two 'Golden Circle' passes for AED13,000 (US$3,500).

“Flash will not honour any ticket which Flash knows to have been purchased in breach of its terms and conditions,” a spokesperson for the company said in an emailed statement to Arabian Business.

“If Flash becomes aware that you are selling tickets for a Flash event online at a significant premium, Flash can take those tickets back from you. In such circumstances it’s also likely that you’ll be banned from buying tickets to future Flash events,” the statement added.

Ticket prices for both shows start at AED250 (US$68), with VIP tickets also available.

“Madonna’s track record as a world class entertainer and touring artist speaks for itself. Her artistry, talent and creative productions get bigger and better with each tour and Madonna 2012 will be no exception,” Arthur Fogel, CEO Live Nation Entertainment Global Touring and Madonna tour promoter, said in February when the concert was announced.

“We are thrilled to have her back on the road and know her fans feel the same,” he added.

The tour, her ninth to date, is to promote the 53 year-old singer’s 12th studio album MDNA. Part of her recent US$40m three-album deal with Interscope Records, the album is due to be released on March 26 and is already the most downloaded on iTunes in the US, UK, Germany, France, Spain, Canada, Italy, Sweden and the Netherlands.

Throughout her career, Madonna has sold more than 300m albums, has been awarded seven Grammy Awards and holds the record for the most successful tour by a solo artist in history.

UK pop legend Elton John has also announced that he would be performing at Abu Dhabi's Yas Arena on March 29.

Guest groovyguy

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/13/canada-bends-rules-for-madonna-concert-at-the-plains-of-abraham/?smid=tw-nytimestv&seid=auto

March 13, 2012, 2:59 pm

Canada Bends Rules for Madonna Concert at the Plains of Abraham

By IAN AUSTEN

OTTAWA — Although more than 252 years have passed since a battle was fought on the Plains of Abraham in Quebec City, it remains an area fraught with historical significance.

And, in a break with past policy for the area, which is now a large park, on Sept. 1 Madonna will be the first performer to stage a for-profit concert there.

As the site of the defeat of French forces, which turned what would become Canada into a British colony, the Plains of Abraham are a still-potent symbol of the tensions between French and English Canadians. And the federal commission that manages the land had barred for-profit events from its rolling hills and fields.

But the Madonna concert, which has sold 70,000 tickets, has been allowed to go forward; and, adding to the controversy, her tour promoter, Live Nation Entertainment, and its local partner have been granted use of the park rent free.

The plains have been the site of concerts before. A local, nonprofit summer music festival uses the park and sells passes that allow visitors to see a variety of acts. Paul McCartney also performed there in a free concert that was part of Quebec City’s 400th anniversary celebrations.

Exactly why Madonna gets a special deal, however, is unclear, particularly at a time when the Canadian government has been looking to cut spending and raise revenues other than from taxes. A spokeswoman for the National Battlefields Commission told The Globe and Mail that the arrangement was made “because we presume there will be major economic benefits for Quebec City.”

But André Juneau, the former head of the commission, told the newspaper that he disagreed with the decision.

“You can make an exception for one case, but then they should have to pay,” he said. “Otherwise, you open the door to anyone who wants to organize something commercial on the plains.

Tickets for the concert cost from about $70 to $300.

Like with the nonprofit music festival, Madonna’s organizers will have to cover clean up and repair costs.

But Le Soliel, a Quebec City newspaper, reported that other federal historic sites are much more financially demanding. Parks Canada requires a $10,000 fee and $2 to $3 a ticket to use its fortress in Halifax, Nova Scotia, for profit-making ventures. Organizers of a Metallica concert there last summer, the newspaper calculated, paid the national parks service at least $50,000 in fees as well as $10,000 for clean up.

Live Nation did not immediately respond to a request for comment.