New Tour Setlist (reports from rehearsals - SPOILERS)

IslandBreeze

Yeah, I wonder if people complained about Confessions and the interludes (A remix of a song played a few moments before?) and only playing 9 old songs, two of them being Drowned World/Substitute for Love and Paradise (Not for Me) which were done not too long ago.

Personally, I feel the Confessions Tour is considered a great tour mainly because the amazing first and last segments. Everything in the middle is a boring mess.

Yeah, I wonder if people complained about Confessions and the interludes (A remix of a song played a few moments before?) and only playing 9 old songs, two of them being Drowned World/Substitute for Love and Paradise (Not for Me) which were done not too long ago.

Personally, I feel the Confessions Tour is considered a great tour mainly because the amazing first and last segments. Everything in the middle is a boring mess.

I think it's just a mixture of nerves, anxiousness, and excitement and the only way to channel it is to throw opinions on the rumors and freak out just like many of us did with the album previews and the excitement of the album's release. Either way, I'm not putting any negative energy on the subject. I'm sure it's going to be amazing. :)

As for Confessions, I do agree the opening and closings were amazing and may very well be the reason why people favor it so much but I do think it had great moments in the middle and had this masterful cohesiveness to it as did the Drowned World tour. The reinvention tour felt a little bit all over the place in terms of cohesiveness but it was creative and fun.

I dont want to be seen as bitching, im sure its gonna be a great show. I do really hope skin, phisycal attraction, sanctuary and easy ride will be used one day. My fave song off the album falling free isnt there, ah well.... im sad but maybe she doesnt think it would keep everyone going in a stadium atmosphere. So strange about love spent but maybe for the same reason or maybe M would just prefer to leave the more sad/personal songs on the album and not take them around the world.

I feel like she has yet to have a good balance of old and new.

Re-Invention was an AMAZING Greatest Hits tour, but sadly the American Life album was nowhere to be seen (1 interlude, 1 sample and 4 performances?). And then you have Drowned World which was basically a Ray Of Light / Music tour which only included 2 of her 80s hits.

No matter what, no one was ever going to be pleased with the setlist. She just has too much material, it's almost impossible to please everyone. But getting a good balance of old and new is important.

1. The setlist posted by m.d.n.a. and confirmed by Boombox in the Chile forum actually features more songs than the Confessions Tour! Was that too short for you, too? Furthermore, apart from the first section (GIrl Gone Wild - Revolver - Gang Bang - Papa Don't Preach), we don't know the exact order of the songs, as was also made clear by m.d.n.a. The setlist he posted featured "Best Friend" as the 7th song (not including the intro), but the song order must have changed, now that it's definitely an interlude - otherwise, "Hung Up" and "I Don't Give A" would be part of the first section.

2. Since when does 5 songs equal "most of the songs" in a tour featuring at least 20 songs?

3.MadonnaTribe never posted an inaccurate setlist. They may have reported that songs "Deeper and Deeper" and "Erotica" were rehearsed for the Sticky & Sweet Tour and that "Impressive Instant" was rehearsed for the Sticky & Sweet Tour - but we have evidence that those songs were in fact rehearsed, as the respective tour demos have leaked.

4. The Confessions Tour completely ignored Like a Prayer, I'm Breathless, Bedtime Stories and American Life. Not to mention that the Drowned World Tour omitted any songs off Like a Virgin, Like a Prayer, I'm Breathless and Erotica.

:thumbsup: i like you

too many bitchy whiny people on here!! Regardless of what the setlist is, MADONNA will put on an amazing show and the songs will sound great.

As someone else pointed out, Love Profusion was not performed at the Reinvention Tour, and it got a video + single release. Of course, Love Spent is a much better and more powerful song, but...

Ultimately what I think gets a lot of us frustrated in the weeks prior to a tour is that we know that she doesn't change songs once the setlist is final. [Please don't bring up S+S tour because the two versions were months apart AND the point remains that once she chose the second setlist for the second leg, she didn't change songs afterwards either.]

So that's why we get upset at this or that song not being performed. It's not like one day she'll perform Masterpiece and on another date she'll do Love Spent instead.

On a side note, I honestly think that not switching up "filler"/low-intensity songs is a missed opportunity to sell more tickets - I would DEFINITELY shell out another ticket if I knew that on the second night performing in the same city she'll change three or four songs. Hell, I would even travel to another nearby city!

Also, it would help her not get bored (and this will be a long ass tour).

But oh well, pop concerts don't work that way usually. Perhaps people would be averse to it actually.

Ok...I'm praying that this "real" setlist is not true...

1. It's too short in general and has section with only two or three songs (a LITTLE under two hours or a LITTLE OVER two hours?)

2. most of the songs have been featured on her last tour

3. I remember we had a lot of "real" setlist that were posted by "reliable" sources like drownedmadonna and MadonnaTribe and guess what, they turned out to be fake :p

4. no songs from The First Album, Like a Virgin, Erotica, Ray of Light and Music??!! That can't be true! c'mon!

5. RETURN of CANDY SHOP & HUMAN NATURE?????!!!! WTF, Madonna?????!!!

Papa Don't Preach (last performed 2004)

Hung Up (last performed 2008)

Express Yourself (last performed 2004)

Open Your Heart (last performed 1991)

Justify My Love (last performed 1993)

(GANGSTA PIMP - Section)

Vogue (last performed 2009)

Candy Shop (last performed 2009)

Human Nature (last performed 2009)

Nobody Knows Me (last performed 2004)

Like a Prayer (last performed 2009)

The First Album: /

Like a Virgin: /

True Blue: (Open Your Heart, Papa Don't Preach)

Like a Prayer: (Express Yourself, Like A Prayer)

I'm Breathless/Immaculate Collection: (Justify My Love, Vogue)

Erotica: /

Bedtime Stories: (Human Nature)

Ray of Light: /

Music: /

American Life: (Nobody Knows Me)

Confessions on a Dance Floor: (Hung Up)

Hard Candy: (Candy Shop)

=> Sticky & Sweet Tour - Round III

=> WORST TOUR OF HER LIFE!!!!

oh so you've seen it?

shut the f*** up and sell your ticket

:thumbsup: i like you

too many bitchy whiny people on here!! Regardless of what the setlist is, MADONNA will put on an amazing show and the songs will sound great.

OBVIOUSLY!!

;)

Hell, I even loved Give it 2 me when I saw it live. (Then on the DVD, not so much...)

oh so you've seen it?

shut the f*** up and sell your ticket

No, you shut the fuck up and let people have an OPINION.

If these setlists are true, it seems she is repeating alot of tracks which have already been performed relatively recently. If people want to bemoan the fact she is ignoring the wealth of her material then that's perfectly fine.

Wasn't Love Profusion rehearsed for the "rock" section of Re-Invention? I remember reading that the performance was based on the Headclearn Rock Mix. There's probably some truth in it, seeing how Material Girl samples that mix.

It was. Mike McKnight, who was part of Madonna's live band from 1990-2005, revealed in an interview with DrownedMadonna that this is how the Re-Invention Tour setlist looked when rehearsals started in late February 2004:

1. The Beast Within (video intro)

2. Vogue

3. Swim

4. Nobody Knows Me

5. Express Yourself

6. American Life (Headcleanr Rock Mix)

7. Burning Up

8. Love Profusion (Headcleanr Rock Mix)

9. I’m So Stupid

10. Hollywood (VMAs mix)

11. The Devil Wouldn't Recognise You

12. Hanky Panky

13. Dress You Up

14. Take a Bow

15. Bedtime Story (video interlude)

16. Like a Prayer

17. Don't Tell Me (promo tour version)

18. Mother and Father (promo tour version)

19. Live to Tell

20. Into the Groove (GAP version) OR Holiday

21. Music

22. Crazy for You

23. Die Another Day

For the European leg of the Re-Invention Tour, the band prepared an acoustic version of "Love Profusion" that they wanted Madonna to sing instead of "Nothing Fails", but it was never rehearsed.

Other songs that were prepared for the Re-Invention Tour included Lucky Star, Bad Girl, Ray of Light, Skin, Nothing Really Matters, The Power of Good-Bye, X-Static Process and Easy Ride.

As someone else pointed out, Love Profusion was not performed at the Reinvention Tour, and it got a video + single release. Of course, Love Spent is a much better and more powerful song, but...

Ultimately what I think gets a lot of us frustrated in the weeks prior to a tour is that we know that she doesn't change songs once the setlist is final. [Please don't bring up S+S tour because the two versions were months apart AND the point remains that once she chose the second setlist for the second leg, she didn't change songs afterwards either.]

So that's why we get upset at this or that song not being performed. It's not like one day she'll perform Masterpiece and on another date she'll do Love Spent instead.

During Drowned World Tour she switched between You'll See and Gone on different dates.

During Drowned World Tour she switched between You'll See and Gone on different dates.

She only did You'll see on a few occasions. I think only one live version has leaked of it. If you look at all her tours, they are all a fixed set list. Sticky and Sweet did change for the second part but that was exceptional.

I must admit, I can't really judge what the show will be like just because so many times songs I've loved have fallen flat live (Give It 2 Me, Borderline!) and others have been remixed and been amazing.

My only real concern is we'll end up with another Gansta Pimp and Latino Gypsy variation. Other than that, so far, it's shaping up nicely for me.

No, you shut the fuck up and let people have an OPINION.

If these setlists are true, it seems she is repeating alot of tracks which have already been performed relatively recently. If people want to bemoan the fact she is ignoring the wealth of her material then that's perfectly fine.

debbie-downer.jpg

Actually, re-Invention Tour had five AL performances (AL/NKM/NF/M&F/DADay), 1 interlude (Hollywood) and 1 "sample" (Intervention). That tour came more than a year after the release of the AL album, so she probably had moved on, to some degree.

Look at Blond Ambition- only the LAP singles were in the tour (the tour started a year or so after the release of LAP), plus four from the then-current album (IB).

Naturally, the least hits-oriented tour was DW, and that was because she hadn't toured in almost eight years at the time- and she wanted to focus on ROL and Music.

HOLD UP WAIT A MINUTE LET ME PUT A GROOVE IN IT -

I think the big travesty is how American Life has been shunned in the past two tours. It's just not fair at all! Not one bit. And it looks like this tour will shun it too. Apart from a "Nobody Knows Me" interlude (which is okay but it's strictly for the fanzzzz init and let's face it, an interlude is NOT a proper live perf

I feel like this tour will be a combination between DWT and S&S. REALLY serious at time to keep the hardcore fans intrigued but a lot of HIGH ENERGY fun to keep the general public fans happy

i swear, i always feel like the cheese stands alone or something cause i always like what no one else does and dont get what the mass loves...

i love the idea of section 3...with Vogue, Candy shop/erotica, human nature etc.

and whats all the love for love spent...i havent been able to get through that track even 1 time...only 2 songs i skip over each time and thats one of them

About Love Profusion - yeah thats right, a strong song in a album and even a video but no performance on tour which made me sad. I really would like to listen to easy ride as well, but its Madonna, she does what she wants. On the other side I really dont understand why Candy Shop and Human Nature. It could have been better song choices !!!Nevertheless, I will wait till Tel Aviv show and start searching on youtube for videos to listen to and later visiting that show live :thumbsup:

Please someone answer me this:

How sure are we about the EY/BTW thingy??? It's literally the ONLY thing I'm worried about right now! :confused:

Sounds fishy to me. I wouldn't put stock in it

I personally think Candy Shop Erotica sounds really interesting (especially with the 60's/70's influence), and I'd love for her to perform Human Nature in its original form.

Hahah I love and respect that you remembered the single one occasion when she did this. Damn you! ;)