Madonna Super Bowl thread

Guest Not4Pussies

+1

And that sound of slashing swords = BRILLIANT :inlove:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that ' ka-Ching' Sound ! I hope she does this one the new tour !

MOST-WATCHED PROGRAMS IN U.S. TELEVISION HISTORY

1. 111.3 Million – Super Bowl XLVI, NBC (Madonna's halftime performance)

2. 111.0 Million – Super Bowl XLV, Fox

3. 106.5 Million – Super Bowl XLIV, CBS

4. 106.0 Million – M.A.S.H. Finale, CBS

5. 98.7 Million – Super Bowl XLIII, NBC

All Hail Queen Madonna! :bow:

Guest Pud Whacker

:bow:

My favorite part was when she was still on the throne and she did that cobra style dance with her hand when the swooshing sound came on. After which followed LADIES...LET'S GET TO IT...OMFG GHEY COMAAA

MIA has pissed me off. Why the heck is that all i'm hearing about today in the papers and on tv instead of Madonna's amazing performance? This dumb bitch MIA decided to flip the bird for what reason? Is she that desperate for publicity? I'm sure Madonna didn't know she was going to do that. Now, her stupid antics are getting all the attention.

Ugh.

I am annoyed at that actually. Not Madonna, but I wanted it to go flawless without being sidetracked by hitches - and it WAS, bar THAT s506.gif

MIA has pissed me off. Why the heck is that all i'm hearing about today in the papers and on tv instead of Madonna's amazing performance? This dumb bitch MIA decided to flip the bird for what reason? Is she that desperate for publicity? I'm sure Madonna didn't know she was going to do that. Now, her stupid antics are getting all the attention.

Ugh.

I agree.That was a stupid move,on MIA's part.She may even get fined for it.

Guest boytoyville

Madonna's Super Bowl Halftime Show Edges Out the Game

inShare.3Share thisEmailPrintMore from the WrapSean Lennon to Serve as Artistic Director of L.A. Animation Fest

3:27am EST

George Clooney Lacked Confidence? How 'The Descendants' Helped Him Grow Up

12:29am EST

Consumers Like Cloud Technology -- Just Don't Ask Them to Pay

06 Feb 2012

Clint Eastwood on Super Bowl Ad: I'm Not Obama's Puppet

06 Feb 2012

By Tim Kenneally at TheWrap

Mon Feb 6, 2012 6:09pm EST

Madonna might not have been the most obvious choice to perform at the Super Bowl halftime show, but she turned out to be a wise choice.

Also read: Super Bowl Most-Watched U.S. Show Ever; 'Voice' Scores Big

According to numbers released by NBC Sports on Monday, Madonna's performance was the most-watched Super Bowl halftime show featuring entertainment on record -- and actually edged out the game's averages in both ratings and total viewers.

Also read: NBC Apologizes for M.I.A. Giving the Finger at Halftime

Madonna's halftime performance, airing from 8 to 8:30 p.m. ET, was watched by 114 million viewers, and scored a 47.4 household rating, narrowly beating out the overall averages for the game, which averaged 111.3 million total viewers and a 47.0 household rating.

In the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic, the singer's mid-game spectacular also squeaked out a victory, grabbing a 41.5 rating, versus the game average of 40.5.

Of course, those were averages, and at times the game handily surpassed the average -- with viewership increasing throughout the night, the game peaked at the end from 9:30 to 9:58 ET, a half-hour that scored a 50.7 household rating/72 share, and 117.7 million total viewers.

Even so, there's no denying that Madonna's performance scored a solid hit, besting last year's performance by the Black Eyed Peas by 6 percent in the ratings and by nearly four million viewers. (It performed even better when compared to NBC's last Super Bowl halftime show, besting Bruce Springsteen's performance by 18.3 million total viewers.)

On the social media front, Madonna's halftime performance fared well too -- the show created the second-highest peak in tweets per second for last night's broadcast, generating 10,245 tweets per second at one point in the performance. (The highest Twitter peak came at the end of the game, with 12,233 tweets per second.)

Maybe M.I.A. wasn't really flipping the bird during the performance, but telling the audience, "We're number one"?

Christ is that IMPRESSIVE!!!

That was very rude. There is nothing wrong with Strawberry's posts. You are a new poster and to take such a hostile position with someone who has obviously been here longer is strange. Strawberry has as much right to their position as yours. Strawberry seems to love Madonna so what, exactly, IS the problem?

oh, whatever, that fruit has been stanning for Janet with stupid comments for a while and I didn't know being a newbie doesn't allow me to express my rejection towards it :lol: so get over it and back to the path! geez!

Madonna's Super Bowl halft time Show was the most watched moment in American television History

Russian-SWAT___Oh-my-god_.html

OH MY GOD!!

Insane!!!...I hope they are speaking about it everywhere!!!...it's a fucking achievement!!! I'm happy to live and witness all this!... :scared::bow:

can Beyonce, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Justin Bieber or Gaga top this?...maybe if they all gather together?...I wonder what Mariah is thinking of, maybe she wants her super Bowl moment as well... :lmao: ...sorry for bringing those names but it's inevitable!...just look at that!!!

Edited by m-dna

tumblr_lz09n8qRko1qkzr9fo1_500.png

I don't think anyone expected that. What a record! :wow:

Madonna's halftime performance, airing from 8 to 8:30 p.m. ET, was watched by 114 million viewers, and scored a 47.4 household rating, narrowly beating out the overall averages for the game, which averaged 111.3 million total viewers and a 47.0 household rating.

another record for all wannabes to beat! Bravo!

btw, enough already with the news of MIA flipping the bird. NBC was even too slow to censor her. reductive!

114M for MADONNA's Half-Time Performance

Who do you think should perform in next year's SUPERBOWL?

no one has asked that yet

I predict they'll probably ask Beyonce or Mariah Carey....or either a legendary rock band.