Seriously...after all this hoopla... GMAYL should make #1! Elites agree¿?

Candylipsgirl

^ When the promotion for the pre-order ended on Monday night, the reduced-price album was removed from iTunes and re-added at its normal price. Since GMAYL hadn't yet been released officially as a single (the release date was 2/7), the iTunes exclusive for GMAYL was removed as well and re-added as a "single." Until Tuesday, it was being sold exclusively on iTunes as part of the pre-order promotion.

It makes "sense" to me, but it's just idiotic. When Celebration's price went back up to normal, it wasn't removed and re-added, so I don't know why they couldn't just do the same thing with MDNA and GMAYL.

Guest HaveASit

GMAYL debut = 13° hot 100 (115 sales + 46 airplay)

Next week she should enter the top 10, with better sales of GMAYL original version and the LMFAO remix

Madonna has now 56 hot 100 entries, only behind Aretha Franklin

Edited by Matheus

Next week she should enter the top 10, with better sales of GMAYL original version and the LMFAO remix

Billboard.com

Just outside the top 10, Madonna roars onto the Hot 100 at No. 13 with "Give Me All Your Luvin'," featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. The first single from Madonna's 12th studio album, "MDNA," due March 26, blasts onto Digital Songs at No. 7 (115,000) and Radio Songs at No. 28 (44 million).

Like Clarkson, Her Madgesty enjoyed a Super Bowl spotlight, having performed "Luvin'," along with portions of her past smashes, at the big game's halftime festivities. The track also received special attention from Clear Channel Media and Entertainment's more than 50 monitored pop stations, which played it at the top of every hour from Friday at 9 a.m. ET until kickoff Sunday night.

"Luvin' " marks Madonna's 56th Hot 100 appearance, tying her with Dionne Warwick for the second-most visits among women. Only the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin (73 entries), outdistances the Queen of Pop and Warwick in the category.

The No. 13 Hot 100 entrance of "Luvin' " ties 1992's "Erotica" for Madonna's fourth-highest. She arrived at loftier ranks only with "Ray of Light" (No. 5, 1998), "You'll See" (No. 8, 1995) and "Frozen" (No. 8, 1998).

:clap:

Her sales have to be really BIG for that to happen, given that her airplay is gonna drop hard.

Her sales have to be really BIG for that to happen, given that her airplay is gonna drop hard.

What she's already accomplished with GMAYL is already impressive due to how long she's been around. Those other artists in the top 10 will not be around in 30 years.

Airplay is still increasing and so are sales. GAYL climbed to #2 on iTunes before it got pulled and those sales will contribute to next week's chart position.

Airplay is still increasing and so are sales. GAYL climbed to #2 on iTunes before it got pulled and those sales will contribute to next week's chart position.

Airplay is still increasing, true, but on saturday the song is going to lose close to 30-40M AI so sales will have to be significantly higher for it to reach the top 10...

What she's already accomplished with GMAYL is already impressive due to how long she's been around. Those other artists in the top 10 will not be around in 30 years.

I agree.

Madonna will be on KIIS FM this Friday !

1027KIISFM 102.7 KIIS-FM

HUGE show Friday! The one & only Madonna will be @OnAirWithRyan! We’re talking Super Bowl, world tour & everything in between!

Madonna will be on KIIS FM this Friday !

1027KIISFM 102.7 KIIS-FM

HUGE show Friday! The one & only Madonna will be @OnAirWithRyan! We’re talking Super Bowl, world tour & everything in between!

Also can request now: Z100 Radio & http://www.kiisfm.com/pages/jojo_9at9/

(put age below 30 & the postcode: 1xxxx (5 digits)

Edited by cocobutter

I think she needs at least 200000 of sales to get a chance in Top 10 next week. The problem is there are many songs with both, good airplay and good sales.

nah... 150k-160k sales is enough for it to get into the Top 10...

#5 on iTunes...today. She needs to get out and promote !!!!

I agree. The time is right now but she will let the payola the music speak for itself. :chuckle:

This would be a perfect time for her to make a few TV appearances! The song has so much momentum right now.

Unfortunately, with the Grammys this weekend, her song will be cast aside for the moment as the focus will be on all those grammy nominated and winners. If she was smart, she'd make an appearance at the Grammys, if not perform, but I don't believe they let artists come on to perform a new song that isn't nominated, but I may be mistaken??

Bad news. Confirmation of what many of us in the UK knew/suspected:

Madonna's 'Give Me All Your Luvin'' single download sales discounted

Published Thursday, Feb 9 2012, 17:37 GMT |

A large percentage of Madonna's new single sales have been discounted.

The star offered fans a promotion which allowed them to download her new single 'Give Me All Your Luvin'' for free if they pre-ordered her upcoming album MDNA on iTunes.

However, the Official Charts Company has now confirmed that the free downloads offered on Sunday and Monday (February 5 and 6) will not be put towards her chart ranking.

Fans were left confused when 'Give Me All Your Luvin'' failed to make this week's midweek chart update yesterday (February 8) and started to question the Official Charts Company on Twitter.

They responded by stating: "It was viewed as an incentive to purchase the album before the single went officially on sale on Tuesday, so those sales were discounted.

"Madonna is climbing up the Official Singles Chart after two days on sale. Should go Top 40 on Sunday."

Meanwhile, 'Give Me All Your Luvin'' debuted at number 13 on this week's US Hot 100.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a364883/madonnas-give-me-all-your-luvin-single-download-sales-discounted.html

:(

Edited by slam3000

incentive or not, in the us it was preordered sale of 9.99, why couldnt she have said that minus the 1.49 of the single, the album was 8.50???

or it still wouldnt have mattered to them! whatever