Seriously...after all this hoopla... GMAYL should make #1! Elites agree¿?

Candylipsgirl

boytoy we r not obsessed just want the best for our queen :thumbsup:

Aye we all do :) Just relax and enjoy the moment though I say or you will miss it

Madona reigns supreme regardless :)

After the SB no way this isnt gonna be #1

it's the SALES from Feb 6-12 and AIRPLAY from Feb 8-14 for GMAYL that will serve it its best chance to get to #1...

4 Minutes went up faster than GMAYL in iTunes singles charts 4 years ago... but there were no simultaneous pre-order schemes back then...

they need careful planning this Monday...

Guest missy bi_tch

The trick is whether she (and Interscope/LN) can keep this momentum going after Super Bowl. I think it's at least guaranteed a top 10 placing, but #1 might be overly optimistic.

and remember madonna has this incredible streak or luck of stalling at #2 and #3, so near yet so far.

It will go #1 for sure, at the very least in the most "important" markets.

I'm not sure about the UK - it faces stiff competition (ironically) from two Aussies (Sia and Goyte). If it only just misses out by a handful of sales next week, the Friday release strategy will have denied it the #1 spot.

Unfortunately, I doubt that it will reach #1 in Australia. We're pretty much the only country in the world that hasn't sent MDNA to #1 on presales alone :( The video is also stuck at #2 behind LMFAO, who have been #1 on that almost non-stop for the past few months.

I'm not sure about the UK - it faces stiff competition (ironically) from two Aussies (Sia and Goyte). If it only just misses out by a handful of sales next week, the Friday release strategy will have denied it the #1 spot.

Unfortunately, I doubt that it will reach #1 in Australia. We're pretty much the only country in the world that hasn't sent MDNA to #1 on presales alone :( The video is also stuck at #2 behind LMFAO, who have been #1 on that almost non-stop for the past few months.

wait until they announce her tour arriving australia!

anyways, i think we are being too optimistic with her non-complete first week: i think it will reach the top 20 in the US, not even a top ten.Of course, if she does it, I´ll be more than pleased

it's the SALES from Feb 6-12 and AIRPLAY from Feb 8-14 for GMAYL that will serve it its best chance to get to #1...

4 Minutes went up faster than GMAYL in iTunes singles charts 4 years ago... but there were no simultaneous pre-order schemes back then...

These pre-order schemes seem confusing to me, and I've seen some comments on other forums about what will and what won't contribute to the single sales.

And I'm not fond of Friday release dates either. In the UK it means it only has 2/3 days worth of sales, which didn't work for Born This Way which was easily as eagerly anticipated/hyped as GAYL, if not more so. Could they not have delayed releasing the single until Monday here when M should be geting some good buzz after the Super Bowl?

It's my general (non-expert) impression that 4M seems to click better with the general public, even if hardcore Madonna fans hated it. GMAYL is being artificially propped up by the promotional machine leading up to SB, but afterwards.......

Will pre-order sales count toward single sales? It seems like having MDNA available for pre-sale has taken a chunk out of single sales.

U get the single with pre-order, so why wouldn't they count? at least in USA.

Will pre-order sales count toward single sales? It seems like having MDNA available for pre-sale has taken a chunk out of single sales.

according to HG, pre-order sales does count for the single...

I do wonder when will album pre-order sales stop counting for singles...

What's with peoples obession with it being a number one in the USAShe is still slaying and that's all that matters I cringe at the thought of those bloody Mary's flooding the phone lines requesting a song just to make it a hit :)

Aye we all do :) Just relax and enjoy the moment though I say or you will miss itMadona reigns supreme regardless :)

:demonic::thumbsup:

I don't know about Billboard's rules but pre-orders DON'T count towards single sales in the UK.

EDIT: I've just seen this on Drowned Madonna which suggests that pre-orders don't count in the US (and other countries either):

''We kindly ask you to buy Give Me All Your Luvin' as a single, to help it to reach the top of the single chart. We invite fans from UK, USA, Australia, Germany, Japan, New Zeland, Austria, Denmark, Cyprus, Honduras, Norway, Paraguay, Domenican Republic, Bolivia, Lithuania, Luxembourg and Malta to buy the Give Me All Your Luvin' as a single as well. Please, buy some more and spread the world on your Facebook wall and on Twitter!''

Read more: http://www.drownedmadonna.com/#ixzz1lSdvuFTy

Edited by slam3000

I don't know about Billboard's rules but pre-orders DON'T count towards single sales in the UK.

EDIT: I've just seen this on Drowned Madonna which suggests that pre-orders don't count in the US (and other countries either):

''We kindly ask you to buy Give Me All Your Luvin' as a single, to help it to reach the top of the single chart. We invite fans from UK, USA, Australia, Germany, Japan, New Zeland, Austria, Denmark, Cyprus, Honduras, Norway, Paraguay, Domenican Republic, Bolivia, Lithuania, Luxembourg and Malta to buy the Give Me All Your Luvin' as a single as well. Please, buy some more and spread the world on your Facebook wall and on Twitter!''

Read more: http://www.drownedmadonna.com/#ixzz1lSdvuFTy

Billboard counts singles that download as soon as an album is pre-ordered towards the singles chart.

Think about it - iTunes charge you the price of the single immediately, so you've paid for the single. They then charge you the balance on March 26th when the album is released. Essentially, you've bought the single for normal retail price, then made a commitment to buy the album on March 26th, and by doing so, you receive it for a special reduced price AND receive a special bonus remix. You've still paid full price for "Give Me All Your Luvin'" - you just get the rest of the album at a reduced price, so the single sale should count.

Billboard counts singles that download as soon as an album is pre-ordered towards the singles chart.

Think about it - iTunes charge you the price of the single immediately, so you've paid for the single. They then charge you the balance on March 26th when the album is released. Essentially, you've bought the single for normal retail price, then made a commitment to buy the album on March 26th, and by doing so, you receive it for a special reduced price AND receive a special bonus remix. You've still paid full price for "Give Me All Your Luvin'" - you just get the rest of the album at a reduced price, so the single sale should count.

Just seen this Tweet:

''MADONNA FANS! You should download Give Me All Your Luvin separately from the album. Getting it from pre-orders doesn't count on charts''

on the contrary, the only reason you are only charged for one song is because they only delivered you one... they will charge you the other 8.70 or something when the album is released, but technically the PRE-ORDER should count for the album... because when the album is released and a buyer purchases the album, iTunes doesn't count the purchase as 1 sales count for each songs released in the album...

However, if you go inside the MDNA PRE-ORDER page, and click that "BUY" for GMAYL, that is the surest way to count your purchase for GMAYL's chart ranking...

Just seen this Tweet:

''MADONNA FANS! You should download Give Me All Your Luvin separately from the album. Getting it from pre-orders doesn't count on charts''

You can only purchase it from the pre-order page. When you click on the single, it directs you to the album. In the press release, it states then when you purchase the pre-order, you get the GMAYL single too and immediately. Plus, even if you click to purchase just that track from the MDNA album, it still shows up in your itunes listed as "Give Me All Your Luvin'..." for the album name with the single cover pic, not MDNA with the album pic.

It doesnt matter how you purchase it.

I bought it twice, and on the second it, it said I already purchased the song.

You can only purchase it from the pre-order page. When you click on the single, it directs you to the album. In the press release, it states then when you purchase the pre-order, you get the GMAYL single too and immediately. Plus, even if you click to purchase just that track from the MDNA album, it still shows up in your itunes listed as "Give Me All Your Luvin'..." for the album name with the single cover pic, not MDNA with the album pic.

It doesnt matter how you purchase it.

I bought it twice, and on the second it, it said I already purchased the song.

You can purchase the single by itself on iTunes.

Just enter Madonna in the search field where all her releases are shown and click 'buy' underneath the Give Me All Your Luvin' single. I did it that way yesterday without pre-ordering the album.

Edited by veras95

Trust me - Billboard counts downloads bought as part of the pre-sale towards the Hot 100. I have no idea about other countries, though, but as I said earlier, it makes sense that GMAYL copies bought as part of the pre-sale should count towards the charts. The track has been paid for - it's not free. Does anyone know whether Coldplay's "Paradise" came with the album cover in the UK orr whether, as is the case with GMAYL, it came with its own separate single cover? How much were people charged instantly when they purchased the album?

Guest northernlad
I've just seen this on Drowned Madonna which suggests that pre-orders don't count in the US (and other countries either):

''We kindly ask you to buy Give Me All Your Luvin' as a single, to help it to reach the top of the single chart. We invite fans from UK, USA, Australia, Germany, Japan, New Zeland, Austria, Denmark, Cyprus, Honduras, Paraguay, Domenican Republic, Bolivia, Lithuania, Luxembourg and Malta to buy the Give Me All Your Luvin' as a single as well. Please, buy some more and spread the world on your Facebook wall and on Twitter!''

Are they just drawing countries out of a BAG at this point?

You can purchase the single by itself on iTunes.

Just enter Madonna in the search field where all her releases are shown and click 'buy' underneath the Give Me All Your Luvin' single. I did it that way yesterday without pre-ordering the album.

if i click in the single, it redirects me to the album page

if i click in the single, it redirects me to the album page

Don't click the single.

Click 'Buy' under the single. You have to go to all of her releases to do this.

Go to the iTunes home page

Enter 'Madonna' in the Search Store field

Then you will see the 'Give Me All Your Luvin' single next to MDNA.

Click 'Buy' under the single.

Do not click the single itself or it will direct you to the MDNA pre-sale.

Why is everybody preordering the album????? I mean, you can download the song and buy the album when it's released. I don't get these modern times. And all that for a simple remix????

The song is in Spanish radio nonstop. Yesterday i listened to it twice in less than an hour. HitFM is having a Madonna weekend too. It seems that Interscope has invested HEAVILY in this release!

Guest northernlad

Because it's discounted for the weekend in most territories sweetheart. It's just saving people a few bucks who would otherwise go for the 18-track deluxe version later on.

Why is everybody preordering the album????? I mean, you can download the song and buy the album when it's released. I don't get these modern times. And all that for a simple remix????

The song is in Spanish radio nonstop. Yesterday i listened to it twice in less than an hour. HitFM is having a Madonna weekend too. It seems that Interscope has invested HEAVILY in this release!

it´s because of the deluxe edition: it´s cheaper until monday and there are 3 songs that are listed as bonus tracks, but we don´t know if they are new songs, remixes...smart, they have been really smart.

Australian radio is ignoring it so far :( I've yet to hear it once...any other Aussies hear it over the weekend? Chart commentators are already expressing surprise that it's not doing better here :(