Seriously...after all this hoopla... GMAYL should make #1! Elites agree¿?

Candylipsgirl

I wouldn't be shocked. It's three very provocative woman that make a lot of people angry, a lot of times for absolutely no reason.

Anyway, it has a real good chance of going No. 1 in the U.S. because it's getting A LOT of attention and there's really nothing out right now that's generating this much hype (correct me if I'm wrong).

The trick is whether she (and Interscope/LN) can keep this momentum going after Super Bowl. I think it's at least guaranteed a top 10 placing, but #1 might be overly optimistic.

I wouldn't be shocked. It's three very provocative woman that make a lot of people angry, a lot of times for absolutely no reason.

Anyway, it has a real good chance of going No. 1 in the U.S. because it's getting A LOT of attention and there's really nothing out right now that's generating this much hype (correct me if I'm wrong).

well the real competition will be from Adele and Kelly Clarkson for next week for she doesn't stand a chance this sales week, she only has three days...

Both Kelly and Adele are at 270 to 290 pt level so MADONNA needs to get around 30-40M audience and 260k sales to almost guarantee #1...

I am happy with another Top 10... ecstatic if it goes to #1

Isn't the fact that it will be played every hour on all CC stations a huge advantage?

It is, definitively. But i'm more optimistic for a top 5. At the end, what's REALLY important is the sales, not the chart position :thumbsup:

well the real competition will be from Adele and Kelly Clarkson for next week for she doesn't stand a chance this sales week, she only has three days...

Both Kelly and Adele are at 270 to 290 pt level so MADONNA needs to get around 30-40M audience and 260k sales to almost guarantee #1...

Gosh, I'm so out of touch. I didn't even know Kelly Clarkson was still around :lol:

Does anyone know the chances of her getting to number 1 in the UK? I've just seen this on another forum, which doesn't sound good to me, although I don't really understand the rules around downloads:

''According to the chart rules, if the track is being made available as an instant grat for purchasing the album, it will be ineligible for the Official Singles Chart until the album is released (see Section 7 of the Official Albums Chart Rules and Official Singles Chart Rules PDFs below).

http://c0903002.cdn.cloudfiles.racks...hart-rules.pdf

This will be the case with Give Me All Your Luvin’ as it was with Coldplay’s Paradise.''

So does this mean it won't chart until March?

Edited by slam3000

I'm clueless with regards to chart stats, but do recent Madonna songs tend to sell the most during the first week? I'm thinking her fanbase would have all bought it by the first couple of days. If so, I wonder what is the strategy in releasing the song and media blitz on a Friday. Wouldn't it eat away at her first full sales week (ie. next week)?

+ Kelly is also performing @ the Super Bowl and Adele is performing @ the Grammys (next Sunday though) - I'm pretty sure if M reaches #1 next week, after the Grammys Adele will be at the top spot again (I'm not even sure this scenario is possible, I just said how I understand things - feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :p )

Hopefully this whole Adele interest will fade away by the time the 2nd single is released (which, I guess, will be somewhere in the 1st 2 weeks of March) cause if somehow GMAYL doesn't reach #1, I'm sure the 2nd single will, especially if it's better than GMAYL. Don't know why, I just have confidence in MDNA. :)

Does anyone know the chances of her getting to number 1 in the UK? I've just seen this on another forum, which doesn't sound good to me, although I don't really understand the rules around downloads:

''According to the chart rules, if the track is being made available as an instant grat for purchasing the album, it will be ineligible for the Official Singles Chart until the album is released (see Section 7 of the Official Albums Chart Rules and Official Singles Chart Rules PDFs below).

This will be the case with Give Me All Your Luvin’ as it was with Coldplay’s Paradise.''

So does this mean it won't chart until March?

I don´t about GAYL, but Paradise´s sales went to the garbage until the album was released, they started to count chartwise after the album was out, only the ones that were bought after that point...

and, about CC helping madonna ´s song being number 1, well, lately CC hasn´t been helping to be number one so much, it´s been the sales.It should have been released earlier, maybe one day or too, and then with the video on american idol, the press conference...

I'm clueless with regards to chart stats, but do recent Madonna songs tend to sell the most during the first week? I'm thinking her fanbase would have all bought it by the first couple of days. If so, I wonder what is the strategy in releasing the song and media blitz on a Friday. Wouldn't it eat away at her first full sales week (ie. next week)?

4 Minutes was able to stay #1 for 20 days straight... spent 3-4 weeks above 200k+ right?

we will see how huge the SUPER BOWL influence is... this is her biggest chance to have her 13th #1... 4 Minutes was a poorly-planned-sorry-miss

I think it's all timed to make it number 1 instantly. It's the Britney scenario: Womanizer and 3 jumped to number 1 on sales alone. They didn't need radio support. Sure both songs dropped sharply, but who cares. So they use the Superball to create an unprecedented amount of buzz to make sure people rush to download the song.

I think it's all timed to make it number 1 instantly. It's the Britney scenario: Womanizer and 3 jumped to number 1 on sales alone. They didn't need radio support. Sure both songs dropped sharply, but who cares. So they use the Superball to create an unprecedented amount of buzz to make sure people rush to download the song.

how many sales days WOMANIZER and 3 had in its first week of chart eligibility? keep in mind GMAYL only has three days worth of sales for this week's chart (Feb 3-5)

It's aimed to debut at #1. Whether the public likes it or not, it will most likely debut in the top 5 if not the top spot since it's definitely getting a huge push from her record company on radio stations and with all the promotion. I would be more surprised if it didn't. This push certainly shows how influential a record company and promotion can be. I haven't seen a song get this much push in a long long time. The SuperBowl will definitely secure the song in the top 5 if not #1!

I don´t about GAYL, but Paradise´s sales went to the garbage until the album was released, they started to count chartwise after the album was out, only the ones that were bought after that point...

and, about CC helping madonna ´s song being number 1, well, lately CC hasn´t been helping to be number one so much, it´s been the sales.It should have been released earlier, maybe one day or too, and then with the video on american idol, the press conference...

What's the point in a release strategy where some of the sales just get binned and don't count towards the chart?

how many sales days WOMANIZER and 3 had in its first week of chart eligibility? keep in mind GMAYL only has three days worth of sales for this week's chart (Feb 3-5)

Womanizer 286.000 (moves 96-1)

3 255.000 (enters at 1)

Hold it against me 411.000 (enters at 1)

Considering the buzz surrounding GMAYL the above mentioned numbers should be possible.

The current record holder in first week downloads appears to be FloRida's Right Round with 636.000

Womanizer 286.000 (moves 96-1)

3 255.000 (enters at 1)

Hold it against me 411.000 (enters at 1)

Considering the buzz surrounding GMAYL the above mentioned numbers should be possible.

well MADONNA fans aren't really that rabid in the US unlike Britneys... it will be the casual fans and the Superbowl that will push GMAYL to those heights

What's the point in a release strategy where some of the sales just get binned and don't count towards the chart?

Because maybe Madonna just wants to this project to be an overall successful and she doesn't dwell on petty goals like adding a number one to her list like other artists who get their number one and then disappear?

I don't mean this in a bitchy way at all.

If any song of hers can go #1 its this one. It's most definitely going top 5. And probably a high debut. I'm afraid of Belly Clarkson though ruining #1

If any song of hers can go #1 its this one. It's most definitely going top 5. And probably a high debut. I'm afraid of Belly Clarkson though ruining #1

We should stan for Madonna, unite, and MAKE THIS HAPPEN.