GMAYL Reviews

IslandBreeze

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

negative review. i'm certainly not one of those loons who believes that the world should bow at her feet and love every single thing she does, but this one is just ridiculous. oddly enough, i normally like this site because they're run and seemingly target women in their 30's and over, and therefore are usually quick to call out the bullshit double standard between women and men and society's (and the media) perception of what they can and cannot do, especially as they get older. they defend older women acting sexy or dating younger men all the time, unless of course, and rather predictably, the woman in question is madonna. they ripped into her at the globes, and there were actually quite a few commenters defending her under the post. here, though, they all seem to hate it. mainly because they think madonna needs to 'act her age' or 'retire gracefully'. it's quite disgusting really...i never pegged the bloggers here or their readers as such hypocrites but oh well...here it is for those who want to see it...

http://www.celebitchy.com/206671/madonnas_new_music_video_for_give_me_all_your_luv_terrible_embarrassing/

Madonna’s new music video for “Give Me All Your Luv”: terrible & embarrassing?

Is a new Madonna video enough of an event that I should blog my reaction to each and every second of this catastrophe/masterpiece? I would do that for Lady Gaga – does Madge deserve the same treatment? I think yes. Especially when it’s her first single in a long time, and especially since Madonna’s new video for “Give Me All Your Luv” is so… interesting. Please note: It didn’t even register to me at first that “Give Me All Your Luv” was the name of Madge’s NEW single. I really just glossed over that at first, thinking Madonna had already done a song called “Give Me All Your Luv.” Doesn’t it feel like she’s already had a similar-sounding song title? Right?

Anyway, here’s the video. My thoughts are below:

0:13 – Wait, M.I.A. is in here? Is anyone else startled by a collaboration between two pop stars who know so little about international politics yet both front like they’re experts?

0:24 – Madge looks like she was about to fall down and break her hip as she came out of the doorway. Excellent trench coat too.

0:31 – MADONNA BUTT CHEEK. REPEAT: MADONNA BUTT CHEEK.

0:37 – Just noticed Madge’s glove-lets. She really hates her hands these days.

0:50 – In the part where Madge is wearing the black two-piece leotard, her hair looks great.

1:02 – I don’t get the “high school football game” imagery. Why cheerleaders? Why football players? Why is Madonna so desperate to surround herself with jailbait-y images?

1:20 – God, this song SUCKS.

1:24 – Madonna dances like she’s afraid she’s going to pop a hip too.

1:50 – Grandma hip thrust! Gross. Why all the closeup cutaways to her crotch?

2:02 – We get it, Madge. You like to be carried around by nubile young beefcake.

2:10 – OH DEAR GOD. Madonna tries the Marilyn Monroe crap again, only this time she’s looking especially drag queen-y.

2:20 – M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj are doing Marilyn too. I’m so embarrassed for both of them.

3:24 – WATCH YOUR HIP!!

3:34 – Butt cheek.

3:36 – Baby toss? Terrible. Basically, this is just awful.

negative review. i'm certainly not one of those loons who believes that the world should bow at her feet and love every single thing she does, but this one is just ridiculous. oddly enough, i normally like this site because they're run and seemingly target women in their 30's and over, and therefore are usually quick to call out the bullshit double standard between women and men and society's (and the media) perception of what they can and cannot do, especially as they get older. they defend older women acting sexy or dating younger men all the time, unless of course, and rather predictably, the woman in question is madonna. they ripped into her at the globes, and there were actually quite a few commenters defending her under the post. here, though, they all seem to hate it. mainly because they think madonna needs to 'act her age' or 'retire gracefully'. it's quite disgusting really...i never pegged the bloggers here or their readers as such hypocrites but oh well...here it is for those who want to see it...

http://www.celebitchy.com/206671/madonnas_new_music_video_for_give_me_all_your_luv_terrible_embarrassing/

Madonna’s new music video for “Give Me All Your Luv”: terrible & embarrassing?

Is a new Madonna video enough of an event that I should blog my reaction to each and every second of this catastrophe/masterpiece? I would do that for Lady Gaga – does Madge deserve the same treatment? I think yes. Especially when it’s her first single in a long time, and especially since Madonna’s new video for “Give Me All Your Luv” is so… interesting. Please note: It didn’t even register to me at first that “Give Me All Your Luv” was the name of Madge’s NEW single. I really just glossed over that at first, thinking Madonna had already done a song called “Give Me All Your Luv.” Doesn’t it feel like she’s already had a similar-sounding song title? Right?

Anyway, here’s the video. My thoughts are below:

0:13 – Wait, M.I.A. is in here? Is anyone else startled by a collaboration between two pop stars who know so little about international politics yet both front like they’re experts?

0:24 – Madge looks like she was about to fall down and break her hip as she came out of the doorway. Excellent trench coat too.

0:31 – MADONNA BUTT CHEEK. REPEAT: MADONNA BUTT CHEEK.

0:37 – Just noticed Madge’s glove-lets. She really hates her hands these days.

0:50 – In the part where Madge is wearing the black two-piece leotard, her hair looks great.

1:02 – I don’t get the “high school football game” imagery. Why cheerleaders? Why football players? Why is Madonna so desperate to surround herself with jailbait-y images?

1:20 – God, this song SUCKS.

1:24 – Madonna dances like she’s afraid she’s going to pop a hip too.

1:50 – Grandma hip thrust! Gross. Why all the closeup cutaways to her crotch?

2:02 – We get it, Madge. You like to be carried around by nubile young beefcake.

2:10 – OH DEAR GOD. Madonna tries the Marilyn Monroe crap again, only this time she’s looking especially drag queen-y.

2:20 – M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj are doing Marilyn too. I’m so embarrassed for both of them.

3:24 – WATCH YOUR HIP!!

3:34 – Butt cheek.

3:36 – Baby toss? Terrible. Basically, this is just awful.

tumblr_lytnpbYnUW1qbsecwo1_400.gif

Guest HaveASit

That review is the typical case of some guys desperate to publish their own opinion about something new and trending WW. You can see, he/she wrote, wrote and told NOTHING, only reported with a completely non sense point of view some scenes of the video. I mean, at least watch the video and take a conclusion about the hole thing, dont right something like this: OMG, her skirt was uggly, so the video sucks. If a site is a tool for expressing points of view, this guy should reflect more, because he is showing everything, but opinions.

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

That review is the typical case of some guys desperate to publish their own opinion about something new and trending WW. You can see, he/she wrote, wrote and told NOTHING, only reported with a completely non sense point of view some scenes of the video. I mean, at least watch the video and take a conclusion about the hole thing, dont right something like this: OMG, her skirt was uggly, so the video sucks. If a site is a tool for expressing points of view, this guy should reflect more, because he is showing everything, but opinions.

the site is run by women, which is what i found so bothersome about it. they defend every other woman who is 'older' and acts sexy/dates young men/etc but they rip MADONNA to shreds everytime she queefs basically. it's hypocritical. and considering the women who run the site, and most of their readers, are in their 30's to late 40's, you'd THINK they'd cheer her on as well. like i said, they're cool with any other woman doing it. if this had been barbra streisand in this video, they would have said she was paving the way for older women to be cool and sexy.

tumblr_lytnpbYnUW1qbsecwo1_400.gif

i love that gif! and yes, i agree!!! :lol:

Madonna Unveils Super Bowl Themed Video ‘Give Me All Your Luvin’

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/02/03/madonna-unveils-football-themed-video-give-me-all-your-luvin/?mod=google_news_blog

By Christopher John Farley

Madonna is set to provide the halftime entertainment at Super Bowl XLVI between the New York Giants and the New England Patriots on Sunday, but she ‘s already got her head in the game. She just released the video for one of the songs that she’ll perform during the show, “Give Me All Your Luvin’” and at a press conference yesterday she said that she’d been practicing as hard as some of the players who are set to take the field. The new video has football theme, and also features rapper/singers M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj as cheerleaders.

You’ve got to give the Material Girl credit for a number of things on this video. First off, the 53-year-old pop star appears to be in better shape than many college students, which is crazy. She also gets points for picking two of the coolest collaborators around–M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj–and getting them to literally serve as cheerleaders for the Madonna brand. And lastly, readers of the Wall Street Journal can appreciate the canny marketing involved with releasing a sexy football themed video shortly before a Super Bowl performance. Sorry Haters, Madonna still has it. This clip is a touchdown.

Christopher John Farley is the editorial director of the Wall Street Journal blogs. Follow him on Twitter at @cjfarley

:clap::wow:

Madonna Unveils Super Bowl Themed Video ‘Give Me All Your Luvin’

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/02/03/madonna-unveils-football-themed-video-give-me-all-your-luvin/?mod=google_news_blog

By Christopher John Farley

Madonna is set to provide the halftime entertainment at Super Bowl XLVI between the New York Giants and the New England Patriots on Sunday, but she ‘s already got her head in the game. She just released the video for one of the songs that she’ll perform during the show, “Give Me All Your Luvin’” and at a press conference yesterday she said that she’d been practicing as hard as some of the players who are set to take the field. The new video has football theme, and also features rapper/singers M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj as cheerleaders.

You’ve got to give the Material Girl credit for a number of things on this video. First off, the 53-year-old pop star appears to be in better shape than many college students, which is crazy. She also gets points for picking two of the coolest collaborators around–M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj–and getting them to literally serve as cheerleaders for the Madonna brand. And lastly, readers of the Wall Street Journal can appreciate the canny marketing involved with releasing a sexy football themed video shortly before a Super Bowl performance. Sorry Haters, Madonna still has it. This clip is a touchdown.

Christopher John Farley is the editorial director of the Wall Street Journal blogs. Follow him on Twitter at @cjfarley

:clap::wow:

I read that billboard and rolling stone gave it a bad review :(

edit: just read the rolling stone one, its short and basically doesnt like the lyrics. 2 stars. then again he also gave lana del rey's born to die 2 stars.

Slant's Sal C. weighs in:

http://www.slantmagazine.com/house/2012/02/single-review-madonna-featuring-nicki-minaj-and-m-i-a-give-me-all-your-luvin/

Single Review: Madonna featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., "Give Me All Your Luvin'"

by Sal Cinquemani on February 3rd, 2012 at 9:49 am in Music

"Have you ever watched a dog vomit and then immediately lap it up?" That was one of the only notes I made after a demo of Madonna's new single, "Give Me All Your Luvin'," leaked last November. I can't be 100% certain where I was going with that indelible image, but it seems instructive, perfectly encapsulating the essence of Madonna's music career as she approaches the end of her third decade as a pop star. Indeed, the very title of "Give Me All Your Luvin'" tells you all you need to know about Madge's primary purpose for continuing to make music today. That might sound cynical, but for the last few years, the Queen of Pop has been peddling a brand, not necessarily art, regurgitating the same themes and images and asking us to continue to consume them, no questions asked. After all, what were songs like "4 Minutes" and "Celebration" if not commercials for Madonna Inc.?

The last time Madonna got divorced, we got "Like a Prayer," so it's hard to ignore how decidedly vapid "Give Me All Your Luvin'" is by comparison. There's nothing wrong with that per se: She's done frivolous bubble-gum pop before, and while the timing for a song like this might be perfect for pop radio (with boosters Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. tacked on for added marketability, natch), it feels shockingly…reductive. "Every record sounds the same/You gotta step into my world," Madonna sings, but even if "Give Me All Your Luvin'," produced by French DJ Martin Solveig, doesn't really sound like anything on the radio right now, it also doesn't sound like what "Justify My Love" sounded like in 1990, what "Frozen" sounded like in 1998, what "Music" sounded like in 2000, or even what "Hung Up" sounded like in 2005. The song is catchy, sure, but its few charms—'60s surf-pop guitar, vintage video-game effects, and references to her past songs—are fleeting at best.

More importantly, we've heard it all before. "Beautiful Stranger," which shares more than a few similarities with the new single, at least sounded like it was being sung by a grown woman rejuvenated and exhilarated by love at first sight; here Madonna's just playing head cheerleader for a team of one (it's telling that, aside from Nicki and Maya, the cheerleaders and football players featured in the music video are essentially faceless slaves). The issue isn't Madonna's age (she's made a career out of thwarting expectation and convention, which is why she still matters), but authenticity: The difference between, say, "Into the Groove" and "Give Me All Your Luvin'" is that Madonna's demand for us to give her all our money—err "luv" (because, you know, that's how the kids talk now)—is coming from a queen on a throne, not an unknown hipster on the dance floor with the whole world at her fingertips. The marketing synergy behind the single's launch, including a partnership with Clear Channel and a much-buzzed-about Super Bowl halftime performance, is breathtaking, but the bold, blond ambition that was once charmingly calculated now just seems calculated.

oh people were just waiting to do that lol

Oh I know, it still annoys me.

He's right that the song isn't as innovative as some of her other lead singles but people are fretting too much and expecting her to create this gigantic innovative gem....It's okay for Pop stars to create frivolous pop songs sometimes though.

Oh I know, it still annoys me.

He's right that the song isn't as innovative as some of her other lead singles but people are fretting too much and expecting her to create this gigantic innovative gem....It's okay for Pop stars to create frivolous pop songs sometimes though.

it's clearly to tie in with super bowl, something like Frozen wouldn't really have worked.

BILLBOARD Track Review: Madonna, 'Give Me All Your Luvin''

by Andrew Hampp | February 03, 2012 1:00 EST

MADONNA FEAT. NICKI MINAJ AND M.I.A.

"Give Me All Your Luvin'" (3:22)

Producers: Madonna, Martin Solveig

Writers: various

Publishers: Webo Girl Publishing Inc. (ASCAP), EMI Blackwood Music, Inc. (BMI), Money Mack Music/Harajuku Barbie Music adm. by Songs of Universal, Inc. (BMI), Universal Music-Z Tunes LLC (ASCAP)

Interscope Records

Rating: 60/100

1581669-madonna-give-me-all-your-luvin-art-617-409.jpg

When Madonna's "Give Me All Your Luvin'" fell victim to a widely publicized leak in November, this reviewer's main reaction was, "that's it?" Sure, the track had many elements of the song types currently dominating the radio -- peppy production, a cheerleader chant straight out of "Hollaback Girl," an easy-to-remember chorus -- but it felt like something was missing. When Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. were confirmed to appear on the finalized track, the assumed missing piece was "guest raps," but now that "Give Me All Your Luvin'" is out in full, very little has changed. What the raps add, if anything, is a temporary distraction from the tedious proceedings: Minaj spits her guest verse so quickly, the listener barely has time to register lines like "I'm Roman / I'm a barbarian / I'm Conan" before she's off the track. Ditto M.I.A., who appears just long enough to drop a few scientific adjectives ("supersonic / bionic / uranium") before effectively dropping the mic with, "I'ma say this once -- yeah, I don't give a shit." It amounts to a subpar effort from all parties, particularly Madonna, who hasn't sounded this robotic since the more tweaked-out moments on her last album, "Hard Candy." Here's hoping her other collaborations with Solveig, as well as longtime collaborator William Orbit, produce better dance-pop results when new album "M.D.N.A." comes out March 26.

New Music Video: Madonna feat Nicki Minaj & M.I.A. – ‘Give Me All Your Luvin’…

Madonna finally premiered her ‘Glee’ inspired Megaforce-directed music video for new single ‘Give Me All Your Luvin’ today. Madge is saying it’s completely fine to relive your cheerleader days at 53 but she is not fooling anyone with her age-defying antics. Yet, here she is trying to show her “lessors” Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. how it should be done in a high school themed music clip. Plus feeding her ego with having them tribute her former glory days when she was on top. Sadly, all the video did was show that Madge is the mother of all desperation who needs to act her age.

The teenybopper chants in the ‘L-U-V Madonna’ part is what makes the chorus infectiously catchy. Despite it’s retro sound and Britney-esque dubstep breakdown, the melody and the lyrics to the Martin Solveig-produced cut is very corny and the track is still very lackluster. I just don’t understand how she has the cheek to call someone’s music “reductive”, when this generic, outdated, teenybopper direction is what she’s serving up for a comeback. I feel like, if you’re going to make such statements, then at least put your money where your mouth is, back it up and release something absolutely amazing.

source

NOTE: This hater reviewer is a Janet stan who has been bashing Madonna all week since her comments about not showing nipples at the superbowl

BILLBOARD Track Review: Madonna, 'Give Me All Your Luvin''

by Andrew Hampp | February 03, 2012 1:00 EST

MADONNA FEAT. NICKI MINAJ AND M.I.A.

"Give Me All Your Luvin'" (3:22)

Producers: Madonna, Martin Solveig

Writers: various

Publishers: Webo Girl Publishing Inc. (ASCAP), EMI Blackwood Music, Inc. (BMI), Money Mack Music/Harajuku Barbie Music adm. by Songs of Universal, Inc. (BMI), Universal Music-Z Tunes LLC (ASCAP)

Interscope Records

Rating: 60/100

1581669-madonna-give-me-all-your-luvin-art-617-409.jpg

When Madonna's "Give Me All Your Luvin'" fell victim to a widely publicized leak in November, this reviewer's main reaction was, "that's it?" Sure, the track had many elements of the song types currently dominating the radio -- peppy production, a cheerleader chant straight out of "Hollaback Girl," an easy-to-remember chorus -- but it felt like something was missing. When Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. were confirmed to appear on the finalized track, the assumed missing piece was "guest raps," but now that "Give Me All Your Luvin'" is out in full, very little has changed. What the raps add, if anything, is a temporary distraction from the tedious proceedings: Minaj spits her guest verse so quickly, the listener barely has time to register lines like "I'm Roman / I'm a barbarian / I'm Conan" before she's off the track. Ditto M.I.A., who appears just long enough to drop a few scientific adjectives ("supersonic / bionic / uranium") before effectively dropping the mic with, "I'ma say this once -- yeah, I don't give a shit." It amounts to a subpar effort from all parties, particularly Madonna, who hasn't sounded this robotic since the more tweaked-out moments on her last album, "Hard Candy." Here's hoping her other collaborations with Solveig, as well as longtime collaborator William Orbit, produce better dance-pop results when new album "M.D.N.A." comes out March 26.

right :doh:

The Vancouver Sun

Video: Madonna steams up the football team in her Leopard skin bra

Pop star's Give Me All Your Luvin' features Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.

BY LEAH COLLINS, POSTMEDIA NEWS FEBRUARY 3, 2012

Madonna in the "Material Girl" referencing video for "Give Me All Your Luvin." The boys with the cold hard cash aren't always Mr. Right. If he'll take a bullet for you while dressed like a quarterback, then maybe he's got something.

Photograph by: Screen shot, Screen shot

"Give me all your luvin," and all your attention too, because Madonna's launch of M.D.N.A.'s lead single has blanketed TV (American Idol, the Super Bowl), radio and the interwebs this week-- and along with today's radio premiere of the Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. featuring track today, the video for "Give Me All Your Luvin'" is here, as well.

6097841.bin

Madonna in the "Material Girl" referencing video for "Give Me All Your Luvin." The boys with the cold hard cash aren't always Mr. Right. If he'll take a bullet for you while dressed like a quarterback, then maybe he's got something.

That's it posted below, and though you don't necessarily have to "L-U-V" Madonna to appreciate this campy and cartoon-colourful Megaforce-directed clip, it would certainly help. M.D.N.A., Madonna's 12th studio album, isn't touted as a greatest-hits compilation, but this lead video revisits Madge's pop iconography as though it were a very special episode of Behind the Music. She makes her entrance pushing a baby buggy (her current incarnation as a devoted Madonna with child), then later dons the white-lace drag of her "Like a Virgin" days, and at another point dodges gangster bullets like Dick Tracy's Breathless Mahoney.

But it's a tip to the 1985 video that gave Madonna her most enduring alias -- "Material Girl" -- that's the clip's cleverest motif. Instead of being carried by a dance squad of tuxedo-wearing playboys, Madonna is flanked by a football team. Like her "Material Girl" back-up dancers, Team Madonna carries her and caters to her throughout the video -- but they take their devotion one step further, helping her defy gravity (in several eye-popping sequences), and even taking the occasional bullet.

We're living in a material world, but three decades of "luv" and slavish fan devotion has its value, too.

(And yeah, maybe all the football references will remind you -- again -- that she's playing the Super Bowl show this Sunday.)

Watch "Give Me All Your Luvin'" below, and if, for some reason, you don't press play, you won't escape the track's cheerleader chanting for long. We make threats because we care. Fair warning: from Feb. 3 through Feb. 5, Clear Channel radio stations are playing the song on the top of every hour.

M.D.N.A. arrives in stores March 26.

Rolling Stone

Madonna feat. Nicki Minaj & M.I.A.

“Give Me All Your Luvin’”

Rolling Stone: 2/5 star rating

index.php?q=aHR0cDovL2Fzc2V0cy5yb2xsaW5nc3RvbmUuY29tL2Fzc2V0cy9pbWFnZXMvc29uZ19yZXZpZXcvZ2l2ZS1tZS1hbGwteW91ci1sdXZpbi0yMDEyMDIwMy8xNzB4MTcwL3NxdWFyZS5qcGc%3D

By JODY ROSEN

FEBRUARY 3, 2012

Madonna is a stressed-out party host on the first single from her forthcoming MDNA – so determined to show her guests the funnest time ever that she winds up snapping champagne flutes in her white-knuckled grip and driving everyone out the door before the clock's struck 10:00. "Give Me All Your Luvin'," written and produced by Madge and her latest Euro-dance collaborator, French DJ Martin Solveig, wants badly to be an irreverent bubblegum romp. It has a perky electro beat, a dippy singsong melody, and a cheerleader chant ("L-U-V, Madonna/Y-O-U, you wanna?") designed to evoke silly-fun pop classics like "Mickey" and "Hollaback Girl." But the tune and the lyrics seem dashed off, and the aggressive, assaultive spunkiness makes you want to run and hide. Not even the presence of two of the world's most reliably irrepressible pop stars, Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., can lift this party out of the doldrums. N-O thanks: don't wanna.

Montreal loves Madonna usually they are hating this new single.

It's very weak.

that was my initial reaction 3 months ago comparing it to BS and Amazing rehashes... but they'll learn to love it...

Well..second weakest. American Life, the song, takes the cake for that one.

This one isn't bad. Just mediocre especially by her own standards.

THIS.

"American Life" remains a botched abortion. This new song is just a light-weight in the pop department. Ironically, both have pretty good videos.

There was so much anticipation with Madonna this time around because of the Gaga factor it's too bad she's lost her touch of creating a great single.

The anticipation and the superbowl hype is what is saving this song on the charts or will.

It has a perky electro beat, a dippy singsong melody, and a cheerleader chant ("L-U-V, Madonna/Y-O-U, you wanna?") designed to evoke pop classics like "Hollaback Girl." But the tune and the lyrics seem dashed off, and the aggressive, assaultive spunkiness makes you want to run and hide. Not even the presence of two of the world's most reliably irrepressible pop stars, Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., can lift this party out of the doldrums. N-O thanks: don't wanna.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Sez it all. Look, I would not be expecting good reviews for this one, this is not a critics song at all. If even Slant don't like it then that tells you all you need to know. Hell, ask some hardcore Madonna fans and the story would be the same there.

I'd be interested in articles about the video though, much more to chew on there.

the site is run by women, which is what i found so bothersome about it. they defend every other woman who is 'older' and acts sexy/dates young men/etc but they rip MADONNA to shreds everytime she queefs basically. it's hypocritical. and considering the women who run the site, and most of their readers, are in their 30's to late 40's, you'd THINK they'd cheer her on as well. like i said, they're cool with any other woman doing it. if this had been barbra streisand in this video, they would have said she was paving the way for older women to be cool and sexy.

i love that gif! and yes, i agree!!! :lol:

I don't remember reading ANYTHING positive about Madonna on Celebitchy . They are always nasty about her even when they are a little complimentary it's always back handed. If they said her dress was nice it's always instantly followed by how horrible her old granny hands were.

I'm a little shocked that the site is run by women. They are not very kind to women in general . Not just Madonna.