GMAYL Reviews

IslandBreeze

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1678478/madonna-give-me-all-your-luvin-video.jhtml

Madonna Goes Old-School In 'Give Me All Your Luvin' ' Video

"Fans can make you famous, a contract can make you rich, the press can make you a superstar, but only luv can make you a player."

And with that message, Madonna's funky, fun and surreal (and almost cartoony) "Give Me All Your Luvin' " video kicks off.

Full of appearances from Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., masked cheerleaders, beefy football players and old-school Madonna references a-plenty, the Megaforce-directed clip is fun and light-hearted, much like the bouncy pop anthem itself.

The clip opens with Nicki and M.I.A. done up in cheerleader costumes chanting Madge's name. It then cuts to Madonna, clad in a trench coat and sunglasses, kicking down the door of her suburban home, pushing along a baby stroller.

From there, the video takes many unusual turns: football players tackling street signs, Madonna abandoning her baby carriage to hang out with her cheerleader crew, shots of her done up in black lingerie and a giant cross (the first of many looks that reference the many looks Madonna has worn over the years) dancing in front of a brick wall.

Sparks falls from the sky as she runs around the streets near her house, her football players protecting her with some giant umbrellas — creating an eye-catching visual. As she makes her way through town (which does little to not look like a movie set), they continue to be by her side and the video begins to play tricks on the viewers' eyes. They help her walk across a world turned sideways. It appears that they may have taken cues from her "Material Girl" video.

Madonna looks like she's having an incredibly fun time throughout the visual — smiling and shimmying her way through this fictional, hyper-fantasy world. Watching the clip, one may wonder what doesn't happen in the video. Madonna gets shot at with old-school guns (perhaps an homage to her "Dick Tracy" days)! She climbs up a giant pile of football players! She plays with a baby doll! (Yes, that happens!)

As the song approaches its breakdown, Madonna fans everywhere will certainly begin to stand out hard.

Carried by her football players into a new setup (some kind of club-like setting), Madonna becomes the "Like a Virgin" version of herself. Dressed in white lace, a curly bob and lots of diamonds, she clearly is paying homage to that infamous era. Her two rapper pals are also dressed in similar looks as they spit their rhymes over the Martin Solveig-produced track. There's also a few other Madonna refs in there: In addition to rolling around on her little stage (you know like she did at the VMAs back in 1984, there's also two girls kissing (she's also done that at the VMAs) and a bunch of Smirnoff vodka bottles (she recently partnered up with the alcohol brand).

From there, Madonna stage-dives into layers upon layers of football players' hands and, at the end of it, gets caught by two of the players. The always-fierce Queen of Pop wraps up the video with a dance routine with all the characters along the way. When one of her masked cheerleader bats the head off one of her football players, she catches the helmet and proudly displays it, surrounded by sparklers.

The video ends with Madonna tossing her baby doll to the side as one final message flashes across the screen: "Touchdown!"

"Give Me" is the lead single off her March album release, MDNA.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/madonna-give-luvin-single-video-score-a-touchdown-days-super-bowl-article-1.1016518?localLinksEnabled=false

Madonna’s ‘Give Me All Your Luvin’' single and video score a touchdown days before Super Bowl

Has Madonna, at 53, turned into Sporty Spice in her prime?

That's the athletic persona — and the peppy sound — she adopts for her new video and song, "Give Me All Your Luvin'." Surrounded by pumping cheerleaders and worshipful football players, Madonna shimmies and preens through the clip. Though she'll debut the song live this Sunday, during a time when half the country ducks into the kitchen to replenish the bean dip, here Madonna acts like she's the Super Bowl's central figure, an icon even football heroes must bow before.

Oh, and for some reason, she's wheeling a baby carriage at the start of the clip and, later, nursing a (plastic) baby. Luckily, she winks through every twist and turn, making clear the clip's tone: camp.

It's the right stance for the song. "Give Me" breaks rank with the cool and sophisticated dance songs that marked Madonna's excellent last CD, "Hard Candy." Instead it's a pure snap of bubble gum, closer to an early single like "Burnin' Up" than any of her more recent club hits. Only the rap cameos from the quite camp Nicki Minaj, and the less so M.I.A., tell us what decade we're in. Similarly, Madonna pushes aside the more womanly voice she has used since "Evita," in favor of the yap and squeak of her early days. She even makes lyrical reference to her early '80s single, "Lucky Star."

"Luvin'" doesn't have that song's pop perfection. It's just a trifle. But it's a fun one, brimming with a kind of humor Madonna could always use more of.

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/thesound/a363798/madonnas-give-me-all-your-luvin-new-music-video-five-best-bits.html

Madonna's 'Give Me All Your Luvin'' new music video: Five best bits

Ever since the first whisperings of Madonna's new single surfaced during the latter months of 2011, fans have been salivating over the song's accompanying music video.

Meticulously planned, the video premiered online a good 48 hours ahead of her Super Bowl performance on Sunday (February 5); and judging by the clip, you'd never have guessed Madonna was about to hang out with a bunch of American footballers.

After giving the video a few runs, Digital Spy has pulled out five of the best moments from the 3 minutes and 45 seconds of pure Madonna madness.

Sidestepper

Hoisted up by a gaggle of burly footballers, Madonna does a Spider-Man and starts walking across the wall. If this routine isn't featured in an episode of Glee within the next 12 months, we'll eat our hats.

Elton's revenge

We can only assume Elton John was pretty miffed Madonna bagged that Golden Globe for 'Best Original Song'. Good job those stacked footballers were there to take a few bullets for the team.

Baby Ga Ga

Madge does little to clinch that 'Mom of the Year' title by throwing her little 'un to one side after giving them a measly helping of the boob. Poor little monster.

Dressed to impress

We were under the illusion that the older you got, the longer it takes to dress yourself. Madonna proves otherwise with the quickest and smoothest costume change in music video history

Keeping it cool

Nicki Minaj's rap may only last 14 seconds, but her usual tongue-splitting injection of Harajuku Barbie rhymes is a welcome contribution. Plus, it keeps Madonna relevant to the kids, right?

idolator.com

Madonna Scores In “Give Me All Your Luvin” Video With Nicki Minaj & M.I.A.

madonna-luvin-500x353.jpg

Madonna has had all our luvin for quite some time now, but we suppose a little more can’t hurt. As we spied in the “Give Me All Your Luvin” video preview, Madge is definitely working the Super Bowl angle, surrounded by faceless football players who are always around to catch her when need be. And you know she’s a diva when she’s got Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., two of the hottest musicians in the game, on her own personal cheer squad. We estimate this video’s value at, oh, about $300. So grab your pom-poms and watch below.

Well, no one will be accusing Madonna of having low self-esteem any time soon. That hasn’t changed. The video is a fun, playful ego boost to the MDNA superstar, and needless to say, the Material Girl pulls it off with flying colors (and pom-poms!). If we had one complaint, it’d be that we see and hear too little of Nicki Minaj! (But of course our pop Evita can’t be upstaged.)

“Give Me All Your Luvin” is a little creepy (those masked cheerleaders!), a little campy (well, a lot campy), and a little bit different from anything else that’s out there right now. That’s our girl!

Or, in other words, touchdown!

Newsday: Watch Madonna's 'Give Me All Your Luvin' video

Madonna was certainly thinking big for her new single “Give Me All Your Luvin'” (Interscope), which she will perform at the Super Bowl halftime show on Sunday.

Featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., “Give Me All Your Luvin'” is part cheerleader chant, part slick Euro-pop dance number, sounding like a cross between Avril Lavigne's “Girlfriend,” Madge's “Ray of Light” and a Target commercial. Subtlety? You may need to go elsewhere on the upcoming “MDNA” album. Fun? Totally.

Co-written by Madonna, Martin Solveig (best known for the irresistible pop confection “Hello”), Minaj and M.I.A., “Give Me All Your Luvin'” is an all-out demand for pop radio submission, with its chant-along chorus “L-U-V! Madonna! Y-O-U! You wanna?!”

It will get a running start Friday morning, airing at the top of every hour on Clear Channel stations across the country, including Z100 and KTU, until she performs it on the Super Bowl.

The video picks up the football theme with M.I.A. and Minaj as cheerleaders and Madge dancing among football players and strutting over their letterman jackets, before they save her from gunfire (!) and carry her around like the tuxedoed guys from “Material Girl.” There's a nod to her “Like a Virgin” period with a white lace dress, which Minaj and M.I.A. also wear as they deliver their fun, but too-short verses.

POPCRUSH.COM MADONNA, ‘GIVE ME ALL YOUR LUVIN” FEAT. NICKI MINAJ + M.I.A. – SONG REVIEW

by: Cristin Maher 36 minutes ago

Interscope

madge1.jpg

“L-U-V, Madonna! Y-O-U, you wanna?!” Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. are chanting cheerleaders throughout most of Madonna’s new dance-pop song ‘Give Me All Your Luvin’.’ So, do we really love Madge’s new single?

‘Give Me All Your Luvin” kicks off with a drum roll and the aforementioned cheerleader backup cries from Minaj and M.I.A. We feel like the women are getting us pumped up at a pep rally for the main event that is Queen Madge. We also can’t help but draw comparison to Toni Basil’s iconic cheer track ‘Mickey’ when Madge’s sexy and edgy backup girls are crying out, pom poms in hand.

Soon enough, the full beat kicks in, and it’s a dance-inducing blend of retro ’60s-inspired tones (a la Madge’s 1999 tune ‘Beautiful Stranger’) and contemporary elements, like hectic yet bouncy synth, in addition to groovable, hard-hitting drums. It’s an undeniably catchy beat, and Madonna’s high-pitched, hypnotizing voice sounds as good as ever when she croons the chorus, “Don’t play the stupid game / Cause I’m a different kind of girl / Every record sounds the same / You’ve got to step into my world / Give me all your luvin’, give me your love / Give me all your love today.”

The Harajuku Barbie and the ‘Paper Planes’ hitmaker later step down from their cheer pyramids for their own individual rap verses. Minaj comes through like a bull in a china shop as her alter ego Roman Zolanski as she light-speed raps, “You can be my boy, you can be my boy toy / In the nick of time, I can say a sicker rhyme / Cause it’s time for change, like a nickel or a dime / I’m Roman, I’m a barbarian, I’m Conan.” After a short, dubstep-esque breakdown, M.I.A. slows down the pace as she gets her swag on and rap-sings in her signature voice.

Overall, Madonna will surely please her millions of fans with this uptempo tune. While some might label the cheerleading elements as annoying, Madonna’s new song has an infectious quality that really sticks in your head. On ‘Give Me All Your Luvin’,’ Madge has once again proved that she can morph and change with the times, as evidenced by her collabos with Nicki and M.I.A. as well as the whole sound of the effervescent, dance-and-clap-inducing track. Expect to hear this one on the radio a lot in the coming months.

PopCrush Rating: ***1/2

New music: Madonna – Give Me All Your Luvin' feat MIA and Nicki Minaj

It seems nothing is going to stop Madonna reclaiming her pop crown from Lady Gaga. Apart from this flat performance …

Michael Cragg

guardian.co.uk, Friday 3 February 2012 14.48 GMT

Article history

Four years ago Madonna released her last album, Hard Candy. Produced by the Neptunes and Timbaland, and featuring collaborations with Justin Timberlake and Kanye West, it was her hardest album to love (yes, harder to love than American Life). What should have been a collection of futuristic R&B was in fact a flaccid facsimile of what everyone else was doing at the time. Whereas 1998's Ray of Light, 2000's Music and 2005's Confessions on a Dancefloor felt like she was slightly ahead of the curve, Hard Candy sounded desperate (if you can listen to Candy Shop's confectionery-based sex metaphors than you have a stronger stomach than me). Luckily, Madonna seems to work best when she's following up a relative flop so expectations are high for her forthcoming album MDNA. Featuring production from Martin Solveig and Benny Benassi, as well as William Orbit, it's shaping up to be the album Madonna promised when she said: "I need to move. I need to sweat. I need to make new music I can dance to."

As you would imagine, the campaign is being launched in a fairly low-key manner with a performance of Give Me All Your Luvin' during this weekend's Super Bowl in front of a global audience of one billion. Even a pesky internet hacker that leaked a demo version of the single last November has been disposed of (well, arrested and charged). Nothing it seems is going to stop Madonna reclaiming her pop crown, even if Lady Gaga has been wearing it proudly for the last four years. So, is Give Me All Your Luvin' any good? Well, it's not bad. Musically it's a pretty joyful four minutes, featuring bouncing beats, acoustic riffs and Gwen Stefani-style cheerleader chants, but there's something a bit flat about Madonna's delivery. Given all the love she's demanding, you'd think she'd be more excited. Instead she sounds like she rush-recorded the vocal before a screening of W.E. Perhaps that's why MIA and Nicki Minaj were drafted in, to give the whole thing a bit more oomph. Minaj certainly does her best, her typically frantic rap an exercise in squeezing as many words into a 10-second space as possible, while MIA's more laconic drawl loses momentum. Still, the Megaforce-directed video is a hoot, featuring creepy cheerleaders, Madonna breastfeeding a doll, and a finale that involves ripping the head off an American footballer. Welcome back.

Madonna’s Give Me All Your Luvin’ music video – we’re obsessed!

Posted by heatworld 03 February 2012 15:00

madonna_m.jpg

Get lost Lady Gaga! Move over Britney Spears! Madonna is back to re-claim her Queen of Pop crown with her video for new song Give Me All Your Luvin’.

We’ll ignore the shameless products placements and instead focus on the fact that Madge looks amaze-ING, particularly in the retro Madonna sequence. Oh, did we mention that two of the hottest ladies in rap, M.I.A and Nicki Minaj, are in the video, too? The girls basically make up the coolest girl group ever! We so want to be part of their gang!

What else can you expect from the vid? You’ll find masked cheerleaders, American footballers (in honour of her Super Bowl appearance this weekend), and some cool rapping from M.I.A and Nicki.

What do you think of Madonna’s new vid, are you a fan?

Madonna Shows She's Queen Of Pop In 'Give Me All Your Luvin'' Video

Ahead of this weekend's all-important Super Bowl performance, the video for Madonna's new single, 'Give Me All Your Luvin'' has been released online. Proving that she is still the Queen of Pop, after all these years, Madonna makes a salient point in the opening scenes of the video, with Nicki Minaj and Mia dressed up as her cheerleaders. The video is packed full of self-reference - she is held aloft by a team of American footballers who lay their jackets over puddles of glitter for her, with the team of cheerleaders never far behind. It's an obvious reference to the hotly-anticipated Super Bowl performance.

Proving the point that pop will eat itself, Madonna then appears on screen in outfit that make an unmistakable reference to her outfits circa 'Like A Virgin,' which was released in 1984. And in case you hadn't got the message in the opening scenes, she has Nicki and M.I.A. dressed up in identical outfits, mere pretenders to the star of the show - Madonna herself. There's even an old-school gangster element to the video, recalling her DICk Tracy days.

Whilst she gears up for the Super Bowl performance on the weekend, Madonna has made sure that her entourage keep up their energy for the big day, by buying pizza for them all. A source told TMZ that Madonna ordered no fewer than fifty pizzas for her team from a Papa John's close to her hotel. The pizza-makers gave her a tidy discount, so the treat cost her $467 and she gave the delivery guy a "very decent tip."

Contactmusic

MTV Buzzworthy Blog

New Video: Madonna Featuring Nicki Minaj And M.I.A., 'Give Me All Your Luvin''

Posted 1 hr ago by Nicole James in Celebrity, Music

comp.jpg

Madonna teams up with M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj in "Give Me All Your Luvin.'"

Some people might think that Madonna teaming up with Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. is like finding an Odd Future CD hidden in your mom's car -- you're terrified and confused, but also curious and intrigued. The first single from Madonna's upcoming twelfth studio album MDNA, "Give Me All Your Luvin'" is a youthful, peppy anthem, proving once again that no matter how many detours Madge might take, she's never veered off the track as the Queen of Pop Music.

Dressed as funky cheerleaders, Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. call out for their team capitan: "L-U-V Madonna!/Y-O-U, you wanna!" Madonna busts down her house door decked in a trench and sunglasses as she pushes a baby carriage through a small town set. Football players fall over themselves to worship her every move as Madge strips down into a two-piece and fishnets, leaving us all wondering how the hell this woman is over 50. Madge leads Nicki and M.I.A. to a party where they sport their finest '80s-inspired Madonna gear (#blondwigsFTW) as the two hip-hop stars impressively hold their own next to the icon.

"Give Me All Your Luvin'" harks back to the sound that made Madonna stick -- solid bubblegum pop with a healthy dose of camp and fun. And while we're sure the football theme might have something to do with that little halftime show she's planning at the Super Bowl this weekend, it also speaks to a larger idea: Madonna's never been the cute and innocent homecoming queen, but those wholesome, all-American football players still wanna kick it with her. That's talent... and she's honed it to perfection.

SPIN

Good Sport: Madonna, M.I.A., and Minaj Play Ball in 'Give Me All Your Luvin' ' Video

By Caryn Ganz on February 3, 2012 9:53 AM Comment

120203-madonna.png

Madonna is not a woman who likes to share her spotlight, so the fact that she surrendered the aesthetic of her new video for "Give Me All Your Luvin' " to promoting her upcoming appearance at Sunday's Super Bowl halftime show and asked M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj to appear on the track is no small feat.

The Madonna- and Martin Solveig-produced song — the first single from March 26's M.D.N.A. — channels the retro vibe of her Austin Powers single "Beautiful Stranger" through the "Mickey" filter (Tony Basil is even rocking a similar cheerleader chic look in its single cover). But Madonna has a little additional firepower here: Minaj contributes a blitzkrieg 16 referencing "boy toy" and her own alter ego Roman, while M.I.A. joins in a few seconds later with a handful of slo-mo bars that ends with a gun blast censoring her parting shot, "I don't give a shit." In short: Everyone plays themselves perfectly.

The video, directed by Megaforce, is regrettably light on Madonna's dancing, especially considering her videos for 2008's Hard Candy were elaborately choreographed. Her attempt to find a bridge between sports, love, and fame falls a bit flat — "Fans can make you famous, a contract can make you rich, the press can make you a superstar, but only luv can make you a player" is scrawled in cursive at the top of the clip — but in the end, the football players and cheerleaders in the video are all literally faceless passersby. They, like the two high-profile MCs, are all here in service of the Queen of Pop — they are shouting "M, A, D, Madonna" and taking bullets for her, after all.

But are those Smirnoff bottles we spy on the bar while Madonna strikes familiar poses and Nicki and Maya are decked out like virgins? Everyone's gotta play the stupid game these days, even if she is not only a different kind of girl, but a different kind of queen.

The Daily Princetonian

Music Video: Madonna, MIA, Nicki Minaj – “Give Me All Your Luvin’”

by LEKHA KANCHINADAM on February 3, 2012 ·

After painstakingly writing a post about MIA’s awesome, delicious video for her single “Bad Girls,” what do I find on the internet? A bizarre new Superbowl-themed video for a song by Madonna called “Give Me All Your Luvin,” featuring none other than MIA and Nicki Minaj. MIA has gone public about her admiration for Maddonna. In a NYT article from last year she’s quoted as saying, “I’ll fight the fight for Madonna. I think she should send me some chocolates or something to thank me.” Well, I think Madge owes MIA and Nicki quite a few chocolates for agreeing to prance around in cheerleading costumes while she delivers bubble gum torture. If you’re emotionally prepared, hit the jump to watch the video.

The video brings up questions like why does any producer still think spelling “love” incorrectly is cool? How is spelling out the words L-U-V and Y-O-U considered a valid song writing technique? For how many years can an aging artist realistically refer to herself as “girl?” Was the cheerleaders-in-a-suburb aesthetic really ever creative? Was that a baby at 1:46? And how did the irony of adding the lyrics “Every record sounds the same/You gotta step into my world” to one of the most generic sounding synth-dance-pop records in recent memory not disgust anyone in that recording studio enough for it to be nixed?

I want to alternately chastise and thank Nicki and MIA for their involvement in this embarrassment. Their verses of rap are bright moments in the song (especially Nicki’s — just fast forward to 2:13 if you need to) but are unfortunately nowhere strong enough to salvage it. I still can’t believe that two artists with as unique and deliberate style as theirs would agree to appear as minions in such an unimaginative video — even though it is Madonna.

So, cheers to the Superbowl. And Cheers to Madonna for still being enough of a cultural powerhouse to pull this collaboration together, even though it made me want to withdraw into a world without sound or sight.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/entertainment/Madonna+looking+Luvin+with+latest+video/6097966/story.html

Madonna looking for Luvin with latest video

By Leah Collins February 3, 2012 10:22 AM

Give me all your luvin, and all your attention, too, because Madonna’s launch of M.D.N.A.’s lead single has blanketed TV (American Idol, the Super Bowl), radio, and the interwebs this week — and, along with Friday’s radio premiere of the track featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., the video for Give Me All Your Luvin has also debuted.

Although you don’t necessarily have to “L-U-V” Madonna to appreciate this campy and cartoon-colourful clip directed by Megaforce, it would certainly help. M.D.N.A., Madonna’s 12th studio album, isn’t touted as a greatest-hits compilation, but this lead video revisits Madge’s pop iconography as though it were a very special episode of Behind the Music.

She makes her entrance pushing a baby buggy (her current incarnation as a devoted Madonna with child), then later dons the white-lace drag of her Like a Virgin days and, at another point, dodges gangster bullets like Dick Tracy’s Breathless Mahoney.

But it’s a tip to the 1985 video that gave Madonna her most enduring alias — Material Girl — that’s the clip’s cleverest motif. Instead of being carried by a dance squad of tuxedo-wearing playboys, Madonna is flanked by a football team. Like her Material Girl backup dancers, Team Madonna carries her and caters to her throughout the video — but they take their devotion one step further, helping her defy gravity (in several eye-popping sequences) and even taking the occasional bullet.

We’re living in a material world, but three decades of “luv” and slavish fan devotion has its value, too. (And yes, maybe all the football references will remind you — again — that she’s playing the Super Bowl show this Sunday.)

M.D.N.A. arrives in stores March 26.

© Copyright © The Calgary Herald

Madonna Unveils Super Bowl Themed Video ‘Give Me All Your Luvin’

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/02/03/madonna-unveils-football-themed-video-give-me-all-your-luvin/?mod=google_news_blog

By Christopher John Farley

Madonna is set to provide the halftime entertainment at Super Bowl XLVI between the New York Giants and the New England Patriots on Sunday, but she ‘s already got her head in the game. She just released the video for one of the songs that she’ll perform during the show, “Give Me All Your Luvin’” and at a press conference yesterday she said that she’d been practicing as hard as some of the players who are set to take the field. The new video has football theme, and also features rapper/singers M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj as cheerleaders.

You’ve got to give the Material Girl credit for a number of things on this video. First off, the 53-year-old pop star appears to be in better shape than many college students, which is crazy. She also gets points for picking two of the coolest collaborators around–M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj–and getting them to literally serve as cheerleaders for the Madonna brand. And lastly, readers of the Wall Street Journal can appreciate the canny marketing involved with releasing a sexy football themed video shortly before a Super Bowl performance. Sorry Haters, Madonna still has it. This clip is a touchdown.

Christopher John Farley is the editorial director of the Wall Street Journal blogs. Follow him on Twitter at @cjfarley

http://music-mix.ew.com/2012/02/03/madonna-give-me-all-your-luvin-video/

Madonna debuts 'Give Me All Your Luvin" video, featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.:

by Ray Rahman

madonna-video_510.jpg

Unbate your breath, Madge fans: it’s here.

After sprinkling around a string of promotional hints and teasers, Madonna is now allowing us to witness her sports-crazed video for “Give Me All Your Luvin’” in all its glory.

Surrounded by cartoonish, Dick Tracy-esque imagery and an (unbranded) football team, Madge runs around in various costumes while Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. — dressed as cheerleaders — goad her on.

The trio, as the video suggests, are psyched about their Super Bowl halftime duties this Sunday. Not even an anonymous gangster with a tommy gun can stop them now!

And as a bonus, one of the three outré personalities in the video attempts to nurse a plastic baby doll through her leopard-print brassiere. Which lady is it? Watch the video below to find out:

The song is the lead single off of MDNA, which is set to drop on March 26.

New music: Madonna – Give Me All Your Luvin' feat MIA and Nicki Minaj

It seems nothing is going to stop Madonna reclaiming her pop crown from Lady Gaga. Apart from this flat performance …

Michael Cragg

guardian.co.uk, Friday 3 February 2012 14.48 GMT

Article history

As you would imagine, the campaign is being launched in a fairly low-key manner with a performance of Give Me All Your Luvin' during this weekend's Super Bowl in front of a global audience of one billion.

:manson:

Low key? MDNA is everywhere!

First they dissed W.E., now they are doing that to GMAYL? Guardian is shit!

I think he was being sarcastic about it being "low key", at least I hope so, since he mentioned the fact that it was being performed in front of 1 billion people :lmao:

Guest astonishing!

Isn't he being sarcastic? I mean he says right after that she'll be preforming infront of 1 billion :wow:

EDIT: I see others beat me to it.

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

wow...so happy to see most of the reviews praising the song and video!!!

this is shaping up to be one of her best 'comebacks' ever!!! :bow:

Thanks for all the research MadCrazy!!!

Here's adding something you posted on another thread

The Telegraph

Madonna at the Superbowl: a new reinvention from the eternal Queen of Pop

By Neil McCormick Music Last updated: February 3rd, 2012

I don’t know much about American football but I am looking forward to Madonna’s comeback at the Superbowl on Sunday. I am presuming she won’t be donning a helmet and pads and taking to the field to attempt a touchdown, but you never know with Madonna. She is a very competitive woman.

It’s a big year for Madonna. She’s 53 years old, and still operating on a pop frontline that prizes youth, where the currency is dancing and sex. Most popular stars shift inexorably with time to a mature phase and find themselves bumped (whether they like it or not) from the singles playlist at Radio 1 to the gentler, albums-oriented world of Radio 2. It is certainly true that veteran artists are thriving in the modern era, and Madonna has a couple of decades to catch up with such enduring album artists as McCartney, Dylan and Cohen, but they all exist in musical spheres that allow and possibly even encourage them to slow down and deepen what they do, because their prime audience is one that is growing older with them. The same could be said of Kate Bush and Sade (amongst Madonna’s precious few long-standing female contemporaries), that they operate in musical genres that allow a retreat from the hurly-burly of the charts.

Madonna’s status demands that she remains current. She is an out-and-out pop diva. Certainly she carries a massive loyal audience with her, but she also needs to continually renew herself, and bring a younger audience on board. She is not celebrated for her fantastic singing or insightful lyricism (though she certainly has had her moments), she is a dynamic force of sex, adventure, provocation and physical movement. She makes high-impact music, that depends for its effect on qualities of aural surprise and compact catchiness. These are qualities that have made her the undisputed Queen of Pop for three decades, continually coming back from the brink of irrelevancy by refreshing her sound, adapting, and even creating, new musical developments and delivering pop hits.

Undisputed until now, at any rate. Women are currently the dominant sex in pop music, for the first time ever. Quite apart from the soulful supremacy of Adele or the startling rise of Lana Del Rey, artists like Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Rihanna and Katy Perry have encroached on Madonna’s territory, making highly combustible, sexy and provocative pop with a powerful personality at its core. These aren’t Madonna wannabes like the relatively lightweight Kylie and Britney, they are more like next phase Madonnas, the mark II, new and improved. To be sure, all of these artists have paid homage to Madonna as an “inspiration” – but that sounds like she is being declared an institution and parked in the pop museum.

Madonna had 15 top ten hits in the UK in the last decade, including six number ones (but only five substantial hits in the US and just one chart topper). Yet there have been signs of slippage. Her last studio album, Hard Candy, was an oversexed urban pop set with slightly passé connotations and dubious collaborations that reeked of trying too hard. Her last official single (Revolver, featuring rapper Lil Wayne) didn’t even enter the top 100. Her new material has to regain some ground, and she has to do it while a lot of other artists are not just encroaching on her territory but have practically annexed it.

But if you can’t beat them, join them. Or even better, employ them. Madonna has co-opted two of the most provocative and controversial female talents in modern pop, sonic terrorist MIA and attack rapper Niki Minaj, who contribute to her new single, Give Me All Your Luvin. I’ve got to admit, the sight of a 53-year-old mother of three misspelling the word Loving upsets my inner grammarian, and reeks of a dangerous dumbing down to stay in touch with youthful mores. But the single is a monster, delivering a sugar rush of bright beats and pop hooks. With a touch of egomaniacal branding brilliance, she fashions a hookline out of her own name, with MIA and Minaj chanting “L-U-V Madonna! Y-O-U Madonna!” Symbolically, she has turned her rivals into her cheerleaders, an appropriate image for its launch at the Superbowl.

Her album, which will follow in March, is entitled MDNA. The acronym sounds a bit like a club drug, but a quick search by Google reveals that it actually stands for Machinery Dealers National Association, an international non-profit trade association established to assure buyers of the integrity and reliability of used machinery (find out more at www.MDNA.org). I am not sure this is the association Madonna intended.

Being, like the good lady herself, a fifty something who is down with the kids, I thought it might be text speak for “Madonna”, until my son pointed out that, with predictive texting, you don’t need to leave out letters when you’re thumb typing any more. He suggested it was actually an abbreviation for mitochondrial DNA, a genetic building block passed from mother to child. Of course, I knew that.

It’s an interesting idea, particularly if you view all her rivals as her offspring. In the video for Give Me All Your Luvin (which will be premiered in the US today), she first appears pushing a pram, with MIA and Minaj chanting their allegiance. Is this Madonna as pop’s wolf mother, with her pack cheering her on?

The danger, of course, is that Madonna, in her competitiveness and drive, is turning into a narcissistic mother-monster, gate-crashing her daughter’s party and insisting on dancing with her date. I don’t think she’s reached that point yet. Sunday’s superbowl will show us more.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2012/02/madonnas-give-me-all-your-luvin-video-premieres-video.html

Madonna's 'Give Me All Your Luvin'' video premieres everywhere [Video]

February 3, 2012 | 10:32 am

6a00d8341c630a53ef016300a7d28c970d-600wi

The music video for Madonna's new single "Give Me All Your Luvin'" premiered Friday, just two days before the singer's much-hyped Super Bowl halftime show (where's she's expected to perform the song live). And if you haven't seen the clip yet, Clear Channel is doing its best to ensure you won't be able to get away from it.

In the video, which also features Nicki Minaj, M.I.A. and a host of anonymous (possibly robotic) football players, Madonna tosses aside the accouterments of motherhood and morphs into the late-1980s/early-1990s version of herself, with white lingerie and short blonde hair. The rest of the video is lighter in tone and slightly more whimsical than is usual for Madonna, with Minaj and M.I.A. cheering her on with cheerleader pompoms.

The song, which appears on Madonna's upcoming album, "MDNA," debuted simultaneously on 95 Clear Channel-owned radio stations across the country, as well as additional stations in Australia, New Zealand and the U.K. at the same time Friday morning. And the plan is for many of those stations to play the song at the top of every hour through the weekend.

Don't listen to regular radio? Well, you're not getting away from Madonna that easily. Clear Channel is using its network of outdoor digital billboards to play the video in full in "highly visible" locations in New York City, Las Vegas, Paris, London, Oslo and Helsinki.

Additionally, 1,600 smaller Clear Channel billboards in subway stations, malls and bars will be playing the video all weekend.

And the video is also widely available in all the usual spots online.

And of course she'll be on the most-watched TV event of the year on Sunday.

People of Earth, bow before Madonna!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2012/02/madonnas-give-me-all-your-luvin-video-premieres-video.html

Madonna's 'Give Me All Your Luvin'' video premieres everywhere [Video]

February 3, 2012 | 10:32 am

6a00d8341c630a53ef016300a7d28c970d-600wi

The music video for Madonna's new single "Give Me All Your Luvin'" premiered Friday, just two days before the singer's much-hyped Super Bowl halftime show (where's she's expected to perform the song live). And if you haven't seen the clip yet, Clear Channel is doing its best to ensure you won't be able to get away from it.

In the video, which also features Nicki Minaj, M.I.A. and a host of anonymous (possibly robotic) football players, Madonna tosses aside the accouterments of motherhood and morphs into the late-1980s/early-1990s version of herself, with white lingerie and short blonde hair. The rest of the video is lighter in tone and slightly more whimsical than is usual for Madonna, with Minaj and M.I.A. cheering her on with cheerleader pompoms.

The song, which appears on Madonna's upcoming album, "MDNA," debuted simultaneously on 95 Clear Channel-owned radio stations across the country, as well as additional stations in Australia, New Zealand and the U.K. at the same time Friday morning. And the plan is for many of those stations to play the song at the top of every hour through the weekend.

Don't listen to regular radio? Well, you're not getting away from Madonna that easily. Clear Channel is using its network of outdoor digital billboards to play the video in full in "highly visible" locations in New York City, Las Vegas, Paris, London, Oslo and Helsinki.

Additionally, 1,600 smaller Clear Channel billboards in subway stations, malls and bars will be playing the video all weekend.

And the video is also widely available in all the usual spots online.

And of course she'll be on the most-watched TV event of the year on Sunday.

People of Earth, bow before Madonna!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/03/idUS116868885520120203

Madonna Pre-Super Bowl Video Gets Some Cred From NFL, Nicki Minaj, M.I.A.

content by The Wrap

By Chris Willman at TheWrap

Fri Feb 3, 2012 1:07pm EST

The prop department on Madonna’s “Give Me All Your Luvin’” really had its hands full.

The video includes an infant carriage, baby doll, cutaway taxicab and tommy gun, among other accoutrements. Then there are the biggest props of all: the NFL, Nicki Minaj, and M.I.A.

Madge uses the “Luvin’” video to remind the world not just of her Super Bowl-worthiness, with its chorus lines of anonymous football players, but the fact that all the cool kids on the pop block still want to play ball with her, whether they represent radical chic (M.I.A.) or cartoonish commerciality (Minaj).

Gone are the days of Madonna chasing after the edgiest trends in icy electronica. Both the “Luvin’” single and video were released at 9 a.m. ET this morning (no sleepy-time midnight iTunes unveilings for this high-profile girl), and amid the froth overload of both, what was most immediately apparent was that the cred Madonna would now really like to appropriate is … Katy Perry’s.

Dr. Luke’s name isn’t on the production – Martin Solveig’s is – but the mixture of rock rhythm-guitar riffs, gurgling electronics, and harmonic cheer bears his mark. Certainly the enduring influence of Toni Basil will be oft-cited, too. Madonna must have slipped Minaj and M.I.A. a “Mickey” to get them to participate in a song that asks them to literally be cheerleaders for their host (“L-U-V Madonna/Y-O-U you wanna!”).

Of course, Madonna’s fellow stars are the only ones allowed to have faces in the “Luvin’” video. Several shots hard back to her seminal “Material Girl” video, where Madonna was passed overhead on the hands of dozens of men, as she is here. The difference is that back then, the extras had faces. Here, the guys all wear opaque football helmets and the girls all wear anime-style masks with big cartoon eyes. (Well, that’s one way to ensure the extras don’t make eye contact with the star on the set.)

Is it risible? Yes. Infectious? Yes, that, too. Everything here is as dumb as the titular spelling, but the campiness has its charm, at least if you like the old musicals that some of the tracking shots here are paying homage to. And there are very few things in life, popular entertainment included, that don’t go better with pompons.

Madonna is finally as well-styled as she is well-toned this time around, and the almost tippy-toe steps she does while trotting down the streets of a back lot (and stepping over the jerseys the football players lay across chivalrously puddles for her) are a clever visual complement to the very, very, very light touch of the music.

Miss M ditched the moodiness of her “Ray of Light” period for sheer sugar on her last album, “Hard Candy,” and this suggests she plans on continuing in the same unpretentious direction. There’s something about the goofiness that wears well on her, even – or maybe especially – at 53.

Still, it’s hard to ignore that there’s as much grease as sugar in this pan. Released three days before the Super Bowl, the video’s football imagery can’t help but suggest that Madonna is somehow paying the NFL back for its faith in her as a halftime draw – and/or just pulling out all the stops to ensure her gays tune in. It’s sexy-cute now, but will we still love it Monday morning?

And what in the world is in this for M.I.A., who looks great but seems a little out of her element cheerleading for anything other than Sri Lankan leftism? Isn't this a little beneath her, especially considering the brevity and banality of her guest rap late in the tune?

If you’re looking for the trail of grease here, look no further than to the fact that M.I.A.’s own new video, “Bad Girls,” also premiered this morning, coincidentally enough. Timing is everything, for radical pop stars as well as Laker Girls.