MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

Even if I get a "free" physical copy of the standard edition with tour tickets, I still bought the digital edition on iTunes and will buy the physical edition of the deluxe to bump in my car so she's still getting at least two sales from me! :lol: and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's going to do that.

Even if I get a "free" physical copy of the standard edition with tour tickets, I still bought the digital edition on iTunes and will buy the physical edition of the deluxe to bump in my car so she's still getting at least two sales from me! :lol: and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's going to do that.

For some reason I think it may seem free bu it will be deducted and charged as a sale. I swear Madonna doesn't seem to be the type to just give away her albums to promote ticket sales...she always sells out and she wants to push her record as she always does with her setlist. There's some type of new marketing scheme going on here.

For some reason I think it may seem free bu it will be deducted and charged as a sale. I swear Madonna doesn't seem to be the type to just give away her albums to promote ticket sales...she always sells out and she wants to push her record as she always does with her setlist. There's some type of new marketing scheme going on here.

Agreed. That's why I called it "free." If you read the press release, they never mention the word free.

US residents ordering tickets online to a US performance will receive their choice of a digital or physical copy of Madonna's new MDNA album with every ticket purchased.

I'm sure they bumped up ticket sales that ten dollars for it to qualify as album sales.

I thought the tour was a promotional tool for the record and not the other way around. A casual music fan goes to a show to see MADONNA likes what he hears and picks up the album. In any case, as PBG would say Livenation has the numbers and done the focus testing or whatever and I don't really know anything about THE BIZ and I certainly have no energy or intention to fight with anyone especially when responses are on the caliber of HAHA BRITNEY SPEARS IS FAT :bad: Carry on.

Touring a promotional tool for the record? What kind of universe are you living in? From a business sense they are separate entities which completely support the other. TheXX etc don't know what they're talking about. The album is already number one worldwide on pre sales alone. It's not about Madonna giving away her album for free. It's about her record label promoting her and making an increase in lasting public presence. I don't understand why anybody would have a problem with it anyway. Why spend time second guessing chart statistics and marketing issues? If you enjoy doing it get a PR/marketing job.

poor GU :lmao:

when forum gods collide! :lol::lmao:

does anybody know for sure if those albums coming along with the tickets will be added towards MDNA sales?, and if so why not do it worldwide?...I think it woul be a good way of selling albums...of course that only works if the price of the cd is included in the ticket because it's not like they're gonna record albums with all the expense it implies and just give it for free...and who pays for those albums if they're for free? Interscope? Live Nation? Madonna?, Mariah Scary? :lol:

That doesn't stop you from running your mouth about everything under the sun you have no clue about. I mean HONESTLY.

Such as? I admit when I don't know about things. Such as...Geography. Sorry to disappoint the munster duo.

It's clear that the touring aspect is more important than all the rest and not just for Madonna these days.

Some people seem to have forgotten Madonna's press statement that went with the announcement of her Live Nation deal back in late 2007. "The business model within the music industry has changed" END. I don't undestand why people would find any fault about how this new era has started.

She's giving her cd in the US to her concert customers? Big Deal. Prince was doing it almost 10 years ago. How many 53 yo pop (or other) acts who've been around for three decades manage to come out with a video and a performance like those and a number 1 album on Itunes (based on pre-order alone).

She is going to get another top 10 best-selling album of the year and another huge high-grossing tour. Isn't that good enough?

Ultimately, it's about reaching a broader audience and getting your music heard (whether it's "free" CDs or performing at the Super Bowl). I think in the last decade, Madonna's albums have been more promotional tools for her tours (and not the other way around).

I suppose though, everyone will head that way, as less and less music is actually purchased by consumers. Having the album number 1 in 54 countries on pre sale alone shows she still at the top of her game surely.

For some reason I think it may seem free but it will be deducted and charged as a sale. I swear Madonna doesn't seem to be the type to just give away her albums to promote ticket sales...she always sells out and she wants to push her record as she always does with her setlist. There's some type of new marketing scheme going on here.

That could be great!

Ultimately, it's about reaching a broader audience and getting your music heard (whether it's "free" CDs or performing at the Super Bowl). I think in the last decade, Madonna's albums have been more promotional tools for her tours (and not the other way around).

I disagree on that part specifically because a top 5, top 10 or top 15 best-selling album of the year wouldn't qualify as a mere promotional tool for the touring side. Especially considering her field and her age at the time of the last 4 tours/records.

Guest groovyguy

Martin Solveig dans le Petit Journal pour parler du retour de Madonna

Martin Solveig in Petit Journal to talk about the return of Madonna.

The video is in French.

Watch here

Martin Solveig dans le Petit Journal pour parler du retour de Madonna

Martin Solveig in Petit Journal to talk about the return of Madonna.

The video is in French.

Watch here

I watched it. I don't speak French. :lol: Martin's cute.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-02-08/madonna-s-disco-groove-thumps-on-mccartney-sends-nostalgic-valentine-cds.html

Madonna’s Disco Groove Thumps On

Strip away Madonna’s relentless publicity machine, Givenchy costumes and Super Bowl appearance and what’s left is a single, “Give Me All Your Luvin,’” her latest reprise of the 1980s dance music that has made her career one long dance party.

Her latest 3-minute-22-second pop number is pumped up with football-style chants and raps by Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., who departed from script at the Feb. 5 Halftime Show in Indianapolis by making a finger gesture: Doesn’t she know that hell hath no fury like a Madonna upstaged?

“Give Me All Your Luvin’” is no better or worse than Madonna’s last singles -- she has released more than 70 and has been on a whirlwind of television and magazine interviews to also promote her movie “W.E.”

Many people are already Madonna-ed out, even before she orders, as she has done for decades, “give me all your love, let’s forget about time and dance the night away.”

This banal lyric is on a par with “hey Mister DJ, put a record on, I wanna dance with my baby,” though that unremarkable line at least kick-starts her insidiously sexy anthem “Music.”

Perhaps we should savor the ever-more unseemly spectacle of Madonna getting raunchy in the hilarious video -- she’s sending herself up in a clinch with hunky sportsmen -- because it’s not an act she can keep up forever.

Pop Crown

The headlines are bound to say that, at 53, she’s back to recapture her “Queen of Pop” crown. Young pretender Lady Gaga was born in 1986, at which time Madonna had already enjoyed No. 1 hits such as “Crazy for You” and “Like a Virgin.” Still, Madonna has never really been away, because her influence looms large over many divas who have followed, from Britney Spears to Rihanna.

She deserves credit for her strong-willed perseverance. Not that it’s enough of a reason to add this slight yet fun download to the 300 million records she already has sold. It puts down the template for the album, set for release on March 26, that’s titled “MDNA,” an abbreviation for Madonna.

By the time she starts her biggest-ever world tour in Israel in May, Madonna probably will be back at No. 1 in many countries. You have been warned. Rating: ***

I really don't get the drama about the "free" cds and the whole chart positions issue. I mean, who fucking cares?

I do agree. I mean... we all knew that it's all about the touring for Madonna anymore. It's funny that so many go on and on about they don't care how she charts anymore, but then freaks out when they find out the free copies won't count in the charting. LOL!

she's gonna sell 99.99% of the tickets without the album included anyway, so might as well not give it out for free. instead they should give out some tour version of the album for a discounted price above 3.99. this way, it can chart on billboard as well as sell useful copies. the sticky and sweet tour had 3.5 million audience, so it would mean at least 3.5 million more potential buyers since they are mostly fans.

twitter it to guy oseary

can't squeeze it into 140 characters lol

I do agree. I mean... we all knew that it's all about the touring for Madonna anymore. It's funny that so many go on and on about they don't care how she charts anymore, but then freaks out when they find out the free copies won't count in the charting. LOL!

i think in these schemes the word "FREE" is quite loosely used...

Tickets priced at $50 could easily include the price for the "FREE" CD that they are talking about... moreso with $300 tickets...

its like $290 is for tickets and the $10 is actually for the CD... it's actually like selling the CD tied in with concert tickets...

they are just using the word "FREE" to make it seem like an incentive a gullible ticket buyer will chew on...

personally, i think such schemes should be counted by Soundscan... it's just another form of selling the CD, people are still shelling out money for it...

it is not any different from buyers getting multiple copies of the CD at a record store... during big discount sales...

Guest groovyguy

Watch video (French)HERE

Martin Solveig talked to Nikos Aliagas about the release of the new album of Madonna .mdna, the new album of Madonna in collaboration with Martin Solveig

Martin Solveig : "J'ai dit beaucoup de bêtises au début"

Martin Solveig se confie au micro de Nikos Aliagas à l'occasion de la sortie du nouvel album de Madonna.MDNA, le nouvel album de Madonna en collaboration avec Martin Solveig

i think in these schemes the word "FREE" is quite loosely used...

Tickets priced at $50 could easily include the price for the "FREE" CD that they are talking about... moreso with $300 tickets...

its like $290 is for tickets and the $10 is actually for the CD... it's actually like selling the CD tied in with concert tickets...

they are just using the word "FREE" to make it seem like an incentive a gullible ticket buyer will chew on...

personally, i think such schemes should be counted by Soundscan... it's just another form of selling the CD, people are still shelling out money for it...

it is not any different from buyers getting multiple copies of the CD at a record store... during big discount sales...

Well, one can look at it that way, but the tickets aren't really that more expensive than previous tours, unless you're going for VIP tickets. Even still, people do expect to pay an arm and a leg for VIP.

I love to see her get more #1's, but on the business end of things, I do understand the tour is her bread maker. She's gonna concentrate on that!!

Guest groovyguy

http://www.mynewyorkworld.com/wordpress/?p=193

MDNA Decoded – Madonna’s Latest Album Cover Art Explained

This entry was written by citizennyc1, posted on 31 Jan ’12 at 9:43 am, filed under Faces Of newyorkers, Rantings of A Sleepless newyorker and tagged Rantings of A Sleepless newyorker.

Ok it’s official, mynewyorkers: Madonna Mania is back in all its glory. As if we ever thought it would be completely gone. The undisputed queen of pop, Madonna, will be releasing her 12th major studio album, MDNA, on March 26th, 2012. Now as you know, this fellow newyorker rarely talks about celebrities but hey…it’s Madonna after all and she did make it here and everywhere.

My Facebook page has been abuzz about the latest cover with tons of “Oooooooohs” and “Ahhhhhhhhs” – mostly positive reaction. Personally, I think it’s a little reminiscent of her True Blue album cover back in 1986. It was that realization that made me look at it further and realize that the cover is actually quite genius and speaks volumes more than what the ordinary eye can see. Madonna sees the title of the album, MDNA, as a play on her name. Taking it further you can rationalize it to be “Madonna’s DNA” – not literally but her creative DNA. So now that we’ve established the play of words of the album title, what else?

What is your DNA but a personal, intimate record of your life – of what makes you YOU biologically. In this interpretation we have an image of Madonna that at a quick glance takes you back to her early days in the business – again, True Blue anyone? The pose, the hair – it all yells True Blue. To further solidify the True Blue homage, MDNA will be released 26 years to the day of the release of her FIRST track from True Blue: “Live To Tell” which was released on March 26, 1986. Also of interest is that “Live to Tell” was the original working title of True Blue before it was changed. That very image seems to be under the microscope of a beveled glass that resembles a prism. The “beveled glass”, if you will, is divided into 12 distinct rows clearly representative of her 12 studio albums, including MDNA. Take that even further and you see that if you read it from left to right it goes from blue and transitions into red. In astronomy, we learn that anything that is “Red Shifted” is moving away from you so you can interpret the final row, representing MDNA in red, to be moving away from us. Perhaps it’s an indication of another departure and evolution into an unknown side of Madonna?

Well there you have it in a nutshell, my fellow newyorkers. This is my personal interpretation of the meaning behind the cover. The personal musings of a mad insonmiac trying to get some rest!

http://www.mynewyork...ordpress/?p=193

MDNA Decoded – Madonna’s Latest Album Cover Art Explained

This entry was written by citizennyc1, posted on 31 Jan ’12 at 9:43 am, filed under Faces Of newyorkers, Rantings of A Sleepless newyorker and tagged Rantings of A Sleepless newyorker.

Ok it’s official, mynewyorkers: Madonna Mania is back in all its glory. As if we ever thought it would be completely gone. The undisputed queen of pop, Madonna, will be releasing her 12th major studio album, MDNA, on March 26th, 2012. Now as you know, this fellow newyorker rarely talks about celebrities but hey…it’s Madonna after all and she did make it here and everywhere.

My Facebook page has been abuzz about the latest cover with tons of “Oooooooohs” and “Ahhhhhhhhs” – mostly positive reaction. Personally, I think it’s a little reminiscent of her True Blue album cover back in 1986. It was that realization that made me look at it further and realize that the cover is actually quite genius and speaks volumes more than what the ordinary eye can see. Madonna sees the title of the album, MDNA, as a play on her name. Taking it further you can rationalize it to be “Madonna’s DNA” – not literally but her creative DNA. So now that we’ve established the play of words of the album title, what else?

What is your DNA but a personal, intimate record of your life – of what makes you YOU biologically. In this interpretation we have an image of Madonna that at a quick glance takes you back to her early days in the business – again, True Blue anyone? The pose, the hair – it all yells True Blue. To further solidify the True Blue homage, MDNA will be released 26 years to the day of the release of her FIRST track from True Blue: “Live To Tell” which was released on March 26, 1986. Also of interest is that “Live to Tell” was the original working title of True Blue before it was changed. That very image seems to be under the microscope of a beveled glass that resembles a prism. The “beveled glass”, if you will, is divided into 12 distinct rows clearly representative of her 12 studio albums, including MDNA. Take that even further and you see that if you read it from left to right it goes from blue and transitions into red. In astronomy, we learn that anything that is “Red Shifted” is moving away from you so you can interpret the final row, representing MDNA in red, to be moving away from us. Perhaps it’s an indication of another departure and evolution into an unknown side of Madonna?

Well there you have it in a nutshell, my fellow newyorkers. This is my personal interpretation of the meaning behind the cover. The personal musings of a mad insonmiac trying to get some rest!

Interesting.

Guest groovyguy

Album titbits:

There are 5 Orbit's songs, and 4 Solveig's on the standard edition. Solveig's songs (light) are placed in the middle of the album - tracks 5-8. The album ends with Orbit's songs (dark) - tracks 10-12.

Tracklist of standard MDNA edition

1. Girls Gone Wild* - Benny Benassi /Madonna

2. Gang Bang - William Orbit/Madonna

3. I’m Addicted

4. Some Girls - William Orbit/Madonna

5. I Don’t Give A - Martin Solveig/Madonna

6. Turn Up the Radio* - Martin Solveig/Madonna

7. Give Me All Your Luvin’* - Martin Solveig/Madonna

8. B-day Song* - Martin Solveig/Madonna

9. Superstar

10. I’m a Sinner - William Orbit/Madonna

11. Masterpiece* - William Orbit/Madonna; Written by Madonna, Julie Frost and Jimmy Harry

12. Falling Free - William Orbit/Madonna Written by Laurie Mayer