MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

According to the offical tour announcement, the regular cd will be given for free for each ticket purchase in the US. Clearly, they don't care about how the album or single would chart. It's all about making money from the tour. I must give up caring about her chart positions cause it doesnt seem relevant anymore.

Prince did this exact same thing in 2004,which "inflated" his record sales and chart positions.Not sure if Billboard still allows the CDs to chart this way.

my thoughts exactly.they dont care about charts anymore.ohhh God. i had big hopes from interscope.

but let's be honest....look how hard it is to get a Top 10 hit for Madonna these days."Hung Up" barely reached the Top 10 in America."4 Minutes" reached Number Three but it features Justin and Timbaland all over it.The new single "GMAYL" features the red-hot Nicki Minaj and it's still not a guaranteed Top 10 smash.

Maybe they should just focus on worldwide album sales,which we know will be impressive,and the tour.

THIS IS MORE MORE LOOKING LIKE THE MOST EXCITING ERA SINCE RAY OF LIGHT!

ALL SHE HAS DONE SO FAR IS GRAET! GOD BLESS INTERSCOPE!

WARNER ALMOST KILLED HER!!!!!

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

Prince did this exact same thing in 2004,which "inflated" his record sales and chart positions.Not sure if Billboard still allows the CDs to chart this way.

they don't. an album has to be at least 3.99 or something like that to chart. but i don't know why people are worrying about that. it's like, i'd assume most fans are going to the tour....those fans will have already bought the album...so it's not like she's gonna lose a ton of sales. it would be nice if they counted towards the chart, but it's not like she's gonna debut at number 99 on the top 200 albums chart because of this.

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

lets not complain that they are giving you the album for free :lol:

:thumbsup:

just means i only have to buy the physical deluxe to add to my godonna collection.

but let's be honest....look how hard it is to get a Top 10 hit for Madonna these days."Hung Up" barely reached the Top 10 in America."4 Minutes" reached Number Three but it features Justin and Timbaland all over it.The new single "GMAYL" features the red-hot Nicki Minaj and it's still not a guaranteed Top 10 smash.

Maybe they should just focus on worldwide album sales,which we know will be impressive,and the tour.

GMAYL is selling because it is a MADONNA song... Nicki and M.I.A have difficulty on their own...

I bet you would be singing a different tune if it was any other artist.

Honestly, is this what Madonna thinks of her work that she will give it away for FREE?

Well her record label is her touring company... considering every person buying tickets would buy the album anyway, it's a nice jesture on their part.

Honestly, is this what Madonna thinks of her work that she will give it away for FREE?

She's not really giving it away for "free".Have you seen the ticket prices for this tour?! :lol: I'm sure the price is included in that.

GMAYL is selling because it is a MADONNA song... Nicki and M.I.A have difficulty on their own...

I agree, and if anyone hasn't noticed MOST of the time Nicki jumps on someones track it flops.

:lmao:

So the free cd's given with the tour tickets won't count for charts?...hmm...so let's say half a million colorful USA gays attend the show it will mean that they won't really need to buy the album on a regular basis because they will already have it for free ? i doubt they won't have already bought the album because how are they going to sing along with her ? :lol: ...now, if these albums are for free, they won't be added to the album total sales? regardless it doesn't count for charting though? because those albums must come from the record company, right?...how strange :wacko:

You think £350 is free? It's a great strategy. Many people who see her tour are fans who will buy the album anyway. However, there are many people who go to a tour just to see Madonna. Those people will now be more familiar with her work rather than solely her amazing performance skills. If the person has the CD and gives it away to a friend then it is only going to help grow Madonna from a commercial sense. It's a great strategy from a US marketing point as it's been so lacking there for so long. She is still selling it for like 8 times more than gaga did with born this way online. :inlove: I'm guessing that's the instance you're thinking of. Obviously it's not quite the same. I must say that even if Madonna only sold two CDs I wouldn't care. As long as I feel the music then it's all good.

she's gonna sell 99.99% of the tickets without the album included anyway, so might as well not give it out for free. instead they should give out some tour version of the album for a discounted price above 3.99. this way, it can chart on billboard as well as sell useful copies. the sticky and sweet tour had 3.5 million audience, so it would mean at least 3.5 million more potential buyers since they are mostly fans.

So the free cd's given with the tour tickets won't count for charts?...hmm...so let's say half a million colorful USA gays attend the show it will mean that they won't really need to buy the album on a regular basis because they will already have it for free ? i doubt they won't have already bought the album because how are they going to sing along with her ? :lol: ...now, if these albums are for free, they won't be added to the album total sales? regardless it doesn't count for charting though? because those albums must come from the record company, right?...how strange :wacko:

prince used to gave for free his album...well, he did it once, and he went to number 3 (?) in the hot 200 without having an album in the stores, just because he was giving the album with the tickets...they changed the rule for the billboard 200, just to avoid this

she's gonna sell 99.99% of the tickets without the album included anyway, so might as well not give it out for free. instead they should give out some tour version of the album for a discounted price above 3.99. this way, it can chart on billboard as well as sell useful copies. the sticky and sweet tour had 3.5 million audience, so it would mean at least 3.5 million more potential buyers since they are mostly fans.

twitter it to guy oseary

That's a REALLY good idea.

You think £350 is free? It's a great strategy. Many people who see her tour are fans who will buy the album anyway. However, there are many people who go to a tour just to see Madonna. Those people will now be more familiar with her work rather than solely her amazing performance skills. If the person has the CD and gives it away to a friend then it is only going to help grow Madonna from a commercial sense. It's a great strategy from a US marketing point as it's been so lacking there for so long. She is still selling it for like 8 times more than gaga did with born this way online. :inlove: I'm guessing that's the instance you're thinking of. Obviously it's not quite the same. I must say that even if Madonna only sold two CDs I wouldn't care. As long as I feel the music then it's all good.

I thought the tour was a promotional tool for the record and not the other way around. A casual music fan goes to a show to see MADONNA likes what he hears and picks up the album. In any case, as PBG would say Livenation has the numbers and done the focus testing or whatever and I don't really know anything about THE BIZ and I certainly have no energy or intention to fight with anyone especially when responses are on the caliber of HAHA BRITNEY SPEARS IS FAT :bad: Carry on.

wait so what they "give away" with tickets wont count towards its chart position? In that case she may aswell stop making new albums altogether and just reply on her reputation as a good live act like the Rolling Stones. thats a fucking joke if it is the case.

According to the offical tour announcement, the regular cd will be given for free for each ticket purchase in the US. Clearly, they don't care about how the album or single would chart. It's all about making money from the tour. I must give up caring about her chart positions cause it doesnt seem relevant anymore.

Seems likely right now. Which is kinda stupid since good chart position generate more positive attention to the project and eventually, for the Tour.

Maybe the theme for the project is "I don't give a F"?

I thought the tour was a promotional tool for the record and not the other way around. A casual music fan goes to a show to see MADONNA likes what he hears and picks up the album. In any case, as PBG would say Livenation has the numbers and done the focus testing or whatever and I don't really know anything about THE BIZ and I certainly have no energy or intention to fight with anyone especially when responses are on the caliber of HAHA BRITNEY SPEARS IS FAT :bad: Carry on.

I think that changed years ago. Touring is the main income for Madonna and her label (Live Nation). She probably did the record so she can tour with new music and the first single coz its great live, so..

Edited by dollhouse

wait so what they "give away" with tickets wont count towards its chart position? In that case she may aswell stop making new albums altogether and just reply on her reputation as a good live act like the Rolling Stones. thats a fucking joke if it is the case.

I agree-