MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

I have to say I'm not crazy about either cover. I think I like the photo of the deluxe version better while I like the overall design of the standard better (the title just looks weird on the deluxe), but the embossed effect on both just makes me think she's trying to hide what she looks like. I do like the position of her arms on the standard version - sort of looks like a M. Overall a step up from HC obviously.

See I did think that and it's been the criticism, but it's so aesthetically pleasing and looks so nice it don't matter - contrasted with her super fug Sour Candy.

With this latest version I'm again getting a COAD vibe, especially with that red dress.

See I did think that and it's been the criticism, but it's so aesthetically pleasing and looks so nice it don't matter - contrasted with her super fug Sour Candy.

With this latest version I'm again getting a COAD vibe, especially with that red dress.

I love 50 year old vag in the face.

I don't think she's trying to cover up what she looks like. I mean, she's made the effort to look great in all other mediums thus far (the single art, the video, Super Bowl) and has been successful at it. I think the filter is simply being used to create something aesthetically interesting that's unique to her work. And, at that, she has also succeeded.

Both covers are great. Just to note, the standard edition of the album has fifteen tracks.

Madonna fans, time to unveil the cover artwork to the 15-track edition of “MDNA”, which will hit the stores on March 26! Enjoy!

first time ever in M music history to have more songs in a album! 15!!! Erotica comes in no.2 with 14 songs I guess. :wow:

i think it's a typo. the regular edition has 12 tracks, the SPECIAL edition (CD) - 15, SPECIAL edition (itunes) - 17 and/or 18 (extra track for pre-order only).

I like both of the covers. This one is a little less iconic than the deluxe version, but it's also less camp. I love how beautiful she looks here. I know it's not a radical re-invention but I'd rather this, than something 'edgy' which might be less becoming. I hope we get to see her wear this dress during the album promo duties.

Edited by slam3000

Ok, this album photo is NOTHING like what the fansites said it would be. I am not complaining as I love these covers immensely, but I am wondering where and when the M&M photos of Madonna in a shoulder pad jacket and mohawk will surface? I want to see those too!

101804a.jpg

Guest groovyguy

i think it's a typo. the regular edition has 12 tracks, the SPECIAL edition (CD) - 15, SPECIAL edition (itunes) - 17 and/or 18 (extra track for pre-order only).

Madonna.com reports 15 tracks on the regular edition.

http://madonna.com/news/title/mdna-15-track-album-cover-revealed

small.jpg

MDNA - 15 Track Album Cover Revealed

While you all got to discover the cover art to the deluxe edition of Madonna's new studio album a few days ago, we are now happy to share the artwork to the 15-track edition of "MDNA", which will hit the stores on March 26. Enjoy!

'i fucked up' or whatever it's called is a bonus track, so i don't think so (they'll want to sell this in walmart I assume)

Thanks! I was kind of hoping it would have one like AL, CT, and Erotica before it. But sales wise makes sense to not have one.

clean cover from the official fb page

430705_10150653429869402_10584534401_11337692_731333634_n.jpg

I prefer the cover that's just a closeup of her face, it seems like a more iconic image.

It looks like it should be on the back of a CD, not the front. I def prefer the deluxe picture....much more fitting for a cover and iconic!