UK DATES FOR TOUR

debord

NIA approx 12700 capacity NEC 13 to 14000 capacity. So most likely she'd do a stadium in Birmingham as well if it goes ahead.

I thought they were much smaller than that. Just looked them up on Wikipedia. The NIA in central B'ham can indeed do close to 13,000 but the NEC's LG can seat 16,000 which is 3,000 more than Wembley arena so she could do a nice show in the LG.

All the standing tickets and cheap seats at Edinburgh have gone.

It is proving popular!

And what seems to be left is at the back of the stadium. So glad it has done well. Cant wait now! Scotland will go wild for her.

This show will also set the record for the biggest single gross in Scotland. 50,000+ tickets sold at her average will blow everyone else out the water.

I thought they were much smaller than that. Just looked them up on Wikipedia. The NIA in central B'ham can indeed do close to 13,000 but the NEC's LG can seat 16,000 which is 3,000 more than Wembley arena so she could do a nice show in the LG.

I would definitely make the trip to Birmingham if she played one of the arena's. She could easily sellout a couple of

shows there if the ticket prices are not too high.

If she can do Manc, then I don't see why not Birmingham. Really, the only disappointing thing about being a Madonna fan in Britain was despite her massive popularity from the start and the fact she moved here and had finally learned there was more places in the UK than London, she still insisted on being so London based, London is a separate place entirely compared to everywhere else and already has everything that other places don't have. Like saying "hello England" when playing that Radio 1 gig in Kent - what?! Don't you have a big ole country house in the SW (didn't realise it was as far out as Salisbury, thought it was nearer Kent!)?

The exceptions of course were early on you had Leeds Roudhay Park (wtf! but she was so huge then it makes a lorra lorra sense), then a BIG gap till Manchester 2004, then Cardiff (more the national venue than the place I'd wager, lovely as it is).

I know Dublin has been starved of her and should really have had their own separate gigs long ago, but I think she should play Belfast next, then all four constituent countries have had her.

No madonna gig for me this time around. Who wants to see a dot on the horizon. And I live in london.confessions tour was the pinnacle when I was so close I actually touched her.

u could go always to amsterdam, small venue, or barcelona. go and see her in an arena. u have to make an effort if you really want to see her. most of us fans have to do and travel to foreign places or venues not in out birthcity. there's more thanlondon u know.

I really dont understand..

I see her on maracana (rio de janeiro, br) and both golden circle and general admission are incredible! I have a great view (of course the golden circle is much closer and better).

Amazing experience see 70 thousand people jumpin with her in like a prayer! I NEVER FORGET!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any update on how many tickets have been sold for Edinburgh and Hyde Park so far, or is this information something we will only find out with the boxscore?

Guest astonishing!

The exceptions of course were early on you had Leeds Roudhay Park (wtf! but she was so huge then it makes a lorra lorra sense), then a BIG gap till Manchester 2004, then Cardiff (more the national venue than the place I'd wager, lovely as it is).

She played Leeds Roundhay Park?! :rosey::lol:

I'm never going to be able to look at the place the same again!

So does anyone know if they are going to add more UK dates.

I guess Hyde Park is selling really slowly. I doubt its because of the Olympics

and people not having much money. Coldplay have sold out 3 show in London at

The Emeriates Stadium ( capacity around 60k) in June. It's probably more to do with the choice

of venue.

Emeriates Stadium? Interesting.. never knew football grounds were used much for concerts, London isn't exactly short of venues.

it is short as venues prepare for the Olympics. I think it is her choice of venue and the timing, as well as the prices for basically a concert in the park. As I said before, she should have come back to London at the end of the European leg and played a few dates in the O2.

Guest northernlad

It is rather obnoxious to see all the regular New York and London attendees complaining about a lack of arenas when her 00's tours usually did A FIFTH or even a A QUARTER of all her dates between those two cities and fucked over the rest of the planet. Spoiled. :demonic:

But it is strange they didn't do Emirates or even Twickenham which were both in vogue for concerts when Wembley was defunct. They surely could have guaranteed two shows at either of those with a much better reception.

It is rather obnoxious to see all the regular New York and London attendees complaining about a lack of arenas when her 00's tours usually did A FIFTH or even a A QUARTER of all her dates between those two cities and fucked over the rest of the planet. Spoiled. :demonic:

But she is always going to play at lot of shows in London and New York since they are heavily populated, the catchment areas around them

are huge and the grosses from each city is usually the highest of the tour.

Rihanna is playing Hyde Park on July 8th. Tickets are £58 and have been onsale since before Christmas and the show hasn't sold out.

I guess the venue is not popular because Rihanna played 10 sold shows at the 02 arena last year.

I think a lot of Madonna fans are at an age where they dont want to stand in a park for hours (i know i dont) or have to get there at 6am for a good spot. It will really put a lot of people off. I believe Live Nation have fucked up with this choice of venue.

I think a lot of Madonna fans are at an age where they dont want to stand in a park for hours (i know i dont) or have to get there at 6am for a good spot. It will really put a lot of people off. I believe Live Nation have fucked up with this choice of venue.

Well this is Live Nation's second fuck up in a row in London because the S$S Wembley Stadium show was dreadful and the tickets were way overpriced.

At least this time the tickets are cheaper. Hopefully at Hyde Park she will have a huge catwalk, big video screens and a great sound system

so the audience can feel they are part of the show.

Guest northernlad

But she is always going to play at lot of shows in London and New York since they are heavily populated, the catchment areas around them

are huge and the grosses from each city is usually the highest of the tour.

Well certainly. I was simply pointing out how silly these feelings of entitlement are. And I'm sure she'll be no stranger to the O2 (or Madison Square Garden for that matter) in the coming years.

Guest northernlad

London crowds SUCK.

Do you remember when she dissed the 06' Rome crowd during her banter at Wembley Arena (complimenting the latter). It seemed so unbelievable.

I just want them to release some info on other UK venues like Birmingham or Manchester...I REALLY do not wanna go to a Madonna concert in Hyde Park! C'mon LN

Agree, no amount of cheap furry burger on a BBQ or whatever other sort of VIP shite tickets that are left will tempt me to Hyde fucking park just before the Olympics.

Birmingham, Manc or nothing.

At least her GA tickets this time are an OK price if i change my mind.

Apparently the RUMOURED show in Birmingham has been SCRAPPED because of the lacklustre Hyde Park sales.

Oh well, at least Madge will finally play to a decent UK audience at her soon-to-be SOLD OUT Edinburgh concert :bad:

Guest boytoyville

Well this is Live Nation's second fuck up in a row in London because the S$S Wembley Stadium show was dreadful and the tickets were way overpriced.

At least this time the tickets are cheaper. Hopefully at Hyde Park she will have a huge catwalk, big video screens and a great sound system

so the audience can feel they are part of the show.

Not to be rude but I never see these complaints from fans a rock bands that have basically no production at these venues whether it's a stadium or open air venue like Hyde Park. People are just happy to be at the show. If anything Madonna gives you more production that almost anybody else but fans still complain. Nevertheless like the complaining before all her other tours this one will also be 99.9 percent sold out. I guess some people must be going back to these venues again and again.