UK DATES FOR TOUR

debord

So basically its a Kylie situation - LACK OF DEMAND.

:lmao:

I would not go quite that far as she has sold out Murrayfield Stadium. This proves if she goes outside London there is the demand. Live Nation should look at a couple of arena shows elsewhere in the UK. I bet they would sell.

I agree. 70% are standing there, not moving an inch and not smiling. Not a nice crowd. Pretty dead.

I go to watch Madonna perform. She puts on a great show. I want to watch her not a load of self obsessed queens pretend people are interested in their needy behaviour. I'm glad you're all going to another event now. It will make it a lot more pleasant to enjoy Madonna.

I go to watch Madonna perform. She puts on a great show. I want to watch her not a load of self obsessed queens pretend people are interested in their needy behaviour. I'm glad you're all going to another event now. It will make it a lot more pleasant to enjoy Madonna.

Of course I go there to watch Madonna but as a concert-goer you also get to notice things about the different audiences. I was referring to the general audience I saw at her RIT concert in London, not to her hardcore queenish fans (that u might get at every one of her concerts), so straight couples too who are there casually, compared to the Italian general audience they definitely appear more restrained and cold. And it's the same with a Coldplay concert I saw in London compared to the same concert in Italy. That's all.

Of course I go there to watch Madonna but as a concert-goer you also get to notice things about the different audiences. I was referring to the general audience I saw at her RIT concert in London, not to her hardcore queenish fans (that u might get at every one of her concert), so straight couples too who are there casually, compared to the Italian general audience they definitely appear more restrained and cold. And it's the same with a Coldplay concert I saw in London compared to the same concert in Italy. That's all.

:p Sorry, I was being a bit harsh. And thanks for not tearing me off a strip like so many here. I know what you mean. It's a balance between people getting into the spirit of the event and attention seeking. I was at RIT and there was a girl's boyfriend next to me with his chin on his hand looking totally bored out of his head. On the other hand, at Sticky and Sweet, there was some idiot staggering up the steps at Wembley in a feather boa screeching. It's the sublime to the ridiculous.

I often find with Madonna's shows, there's so much going on I'm just focussed on watching.

Guest jamesshot

I think Madonna should skip London for a tour. She has toured there and lived there so long they need to miss her. She can make it up by playing more dates in Japan and New York ( MSG) and some other places.

Guest jamesshot

She's never missed NY or even Philly, so why would she miss there. Mind you, I don't see why she couldn't play Birmingham or something instead... not exactly far away.

I dunno. She seems to never have any trouble selling NY. NY seems to really give her the love every time. I may be wrong but it seems the London crowds aren't very lively, she sells slow or there is just some problem.

I dunno. She seems to never have any trouble selling NY. NY seems to really give her the love every time. I may be wrong but it seems the London crowds aren't very lively, she sells slow or there is just some problem.

Perhaps it might happen to be because London is hosting the world's largest sporting event the following week, a month after celebrating the diamond jubilee of one of the world's most famous monarchies? Also, it's at the start of the school summer holidays and on a week night. There's simply too much going on throughout the summer.

Guest northernlad

Perhaps it might happen to be because London is hosting the world's largest sporting event the following week, a month after celebrating the diamond jubilee of one of the world's most famous monarchies? Also, it's at the start of the school summer holidays and on a week night. There's simply too much going on throughout the summer.

Nothing like fans in overdrive. :D

I didn't realise all of Madonna's previous London gigs occured in an absolutely VACUUM without an iota of competition. Good lord.

Nothing like fans in overdrive. :D

I didn't realise all of Madonna's previous London gigs occured in an absolutely VACUUM without an iota of competition. Good lord.

In comparison to the Olympics and Diamond Jubilee? I think it's safe to say yes, there was an exceptional amount of competition this summer. That's why quite a few of the festivals have taken a year off clearly stating the reason is because of all that is going on. I hope people like you are never allowed to run a business because you're clearly clueless.

Or are you just implying that nobody wants to see Madonna?

This gig has taken nearly four weeks to sell out. The others have never taken anywhere near as long and we've never just had one date in England.

They may go for a Birmingham gig though as it's different location would be more accessible to a lot of people for whom London is just too far or inconvenient.

Wow, LOL at all the people saying that Hyde park was a flop. Now that it's sold out we might get the Birmingham date eveyone is waiting for ;)

I dont think we were under any illusions it would not sell out, but I still think its a bad choice of venue at a particularly bad time. I get the feeling Live Nation thought they would get two nights in London, but thats not going to happen now.

Posted on Tribe forums

I had the pleasure of meeting a lovely guy working for Live Nation Europe! After our second date I managed to get some insight!

As they stand, they are waiting for additional 5,000 tickets to be sold for Hyde Park and for Edinburgh to sell out before the announce Birmingham!

M is currently booked at the LG Arena on the 19.07 AND 26.07

He wasn't able to tell me more.... maybe if I get another date I will be able to ask more!!

I hope this helps???

Not to be rude but I never see these complaints from fans a rock bands that have basically no production at these venues whether it's a stadium or open air venue like Hyde Park. People are just happy to be at the show. If anything Madonna gives you more production that almost anybody else but fans still complain. Nevertheless like the complaining before all her other tours this one will also be 99.9 percent sold out. I guess some people must be going back to these venues again and again.

Fans don't complain, they r usually within the 1st few rows, I dunno if u go 2 many different types of concerts, but a Madonna type spectacle can leave the audience

a bit disengaged in a huge venue, if ur not close enough it can b like watching television...& let's face it, it's not like she sounds good. :lol:

Guest boytoyville

^ I guess we have to agree to disagree. I knew the Hyde Park date would sell out. I was getting a kick out of the meltdown going on because she "wasn't selling out" this date. I mean this tour was announced far in advance with no album out yet. Only Madonna fans. :crazy:

Seeing as she can't use the O2 or Wembley arena perhaps she should add a night at Earls Court.

I don't think it is being used for the Olympics and it would easily sellout.

Not keen on the venue but at least it's an arena. Unless of course the rumor is true and the do decide

to add Birmingham.

Guest northernlad

Seeing as she can't use the O2 or Wembley arena perhaps she should add a night at Earls Court.

I don't think it is being used for the Olympics and it would easily sellout.

Not keen on the venue but at least it's an arena.

They're doing the volleyball tournament there. I hope they take the time to dustoff all the cobwebs beforehand. :lol:

If she ends up doing Villa Park instead of the arena will go to see her anyway?

Oh I didn't realise EC was being used for the Olympics. I guess that's if for London then. I doubt

she could sell out a 2nd show at HP. If she plays an arena in either Birmingham or Manchester I think I

will make the trip. I would love to see her in a smaller venue and with my icon legacy pass I would be able

to get good seats.

Fans don't complain, they r usually within the 1st few rows, I dunno if u go 2 many different types of concerts, but a Madonna type spectacle can leave the audience

a bit disengaged in a huge venue, if ur not close enough it can b like watching television...& let's face it, it's not like she sounds good. :lol:

I agree with on the first thing, because her shows are really visual, and that´s why it´s important to be close enough 8 and same about the lights, I don´t like it when a show starts when you still daylight)

Posted on Tribe forums

I had the pleasure of meeting a lovely guy working for Live Nation Europe! After our second date I managed to get some insight!

As they stand, they are waiting for additional 5,000 tickets to be sold for Hyde Park and for Edinburgh to sell out before the announce Birmingham!

M is currently booked at the LG Arena on the 19.07 AND 26.07

He wasn't able to tell me more.... maybe if I get another date I will be able to ask more!!

I hope this helps???

They have the Elvis concert on the 18th...

I thought usually M's team would need a day or two to set up stage etc before a show... would leave very little time to setup if a concert was planned for the 19th

Posted on M Tribe

I managed to get more infos!!

Apparently they are always holding two dates in case of the first one selling out!!

I was shown an email with the following dates:

Hyde Park on hold for the 17th and 19th July

LG Arena Birmingham hold for 19th and 26th July (so if Hyde Park was to be sold out she would take the 26!)

Murrayfield Edinburgh on hold for 21st and 22nd July

And apparently Cardiff was on the table as well but no dates have been put on hold!

I will let you all know as soon as soon as I get more infos!!

I hope thats true but the LG in Birmingham being an arena will go like hot cakes. I guess even if they are shit seats they will still be better than being at the back of Hyde park. They wont be cheap.