UK DATES FOR TOUR

debord

Oh do they? that would be worth paying more for.

Ultimate VIP Package ($1250.00)

SOLD OUT

Each Madonna Ultimate VIP Package includes:

One reserved ticket in the front row

Exclusive pre-concert party

One parking space per order (where available)

Specially designed Madonna concert shirt

Limited edition tour poster (numbered, exclusive)

Official tour program

Exclusive tour gift item

Official VIP laminate

Commemorative ticket

Crowd-free merchandise shopping

On-site VIP host

----

In the end its the concert experience that matters

200,000 people attended Live8 so they will just add more tickets to the allocation for the 17th. No need to add an extra date.

I would never buy that VIP package shit. Why the hell would pay for a DJ or some hostess? and those gifts are a joke t-shirt, laminate pass and Tour program are not worth that much money.

they should consider more exclusive things, like meet and greet, signed Tour program, front row, special edition cd etc.

Edited by dollhouse

For an eye watering £948 Platinum Hyde Park ticket you get the following

The Platinum Experience

The exclusive Madonna pre-party will be hosted at One Mayfair, one of London’s most beautiful and historic venues. The Grade I listed building, which has been lovingly restored to its former glory, will be dressed in homage to Madonna’s iconic ‘Like A Prayer’ music video, to set the scene for a truly once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Platinum Experience guests will be treated as true VIPs with a number of exclusive surprises throughout the day.

Pre-show Hospitality – Just ‘Like A Prayer’ @ One Mayfair

• Champagne reception on arrival at One Mayfair

• Gourmet three course lunch including complimentary bar (excludes champagne)*

• Club DJ

• Commemorative tour laminate

• Dedicated event staff and hostesses in attendance throughout

• Exclusive tour gift

Please note that the pre-show hospitality event at One Mayfair takes place in a deconsecrated church. If you have any questions regarding the content of the event, please contact our customer services representative.

The Platinum package at One Mayfair will begin about 2pm and run until approximately 5pm (*Complimentary bar runs for 3 hours.) It is a 5 minute walk from One Mayfair to Hyde Park (2 short blocks), then another 5-10 minute walk to the VIP entrance in Hyde Park.

Concert Venue – Hyde Park

• General admittance ticket to see Madonna live in London’s Hyde Park

• Reserved grandstand seating

• Private entrance to the concert site

• VIP garden with undercover facilities and garden seating

• Luxury private restrooms

• Resident DJ

• BBQ with hot and cold food platters

• Full complimentary bar (excludes champagne)

:lmao:

just looking at Ticketmaster for Hyde Park. You can choose from:

Premium Experience

Premium Club

Club Experience

Hot Ticket

and standard.

Also, there are Platinum Tickets which have a row and seat number for £300 each. I just clicked on them to see more and it says 'Face Value £125' 'Gold Circle Standing'!

According to Ticketmaster:

Ticketmaster's Official Platinum Tickets program enables market-based pricing (adjusting prices according to supply and demand) for live event tickets, similar to how airline tickets and hotel rooms are sold

Given there are only two standard prices, looks like they're trying to make more cash from crappy upsells.

What happened?

Nothing. Apart from the fact the sound was dreadful and distorted, she came on late and thousands of

people missed the last tube and were stranded. The video screens were way to small for people

at the back who couldnt see anything. Also tickets were sold that were way beyond

the side view past lines - those tickets should have never been sold in the first place. She got very bad

press coverage the next day and Live Nation refused to apologise.

http://www.gigwise.com/article.php?id=46023&view=all

Just got my tickets £77 tickets for Hyde Park. I might try to get a Birmingham ticket too if they do a show there.

I think it's event overkill rather than the S&S mess. They've just announced the Buckingham Palace gig in June with Elton John and Paul McCartney, the Olympics are just over a week after the Madonna concert. A lot of people won't have a lot of cash to keep going in and out of London for these big events.

Lots of festivals have been put on hold for this year. There were a lot of festivals cancelled last year too due to poor sales because of the recession and it will be even worse this year with the Olympics this year. I fear she may struggle to sell this one.

Madonna has toured here four times in the last ten or so years too so it's not like it's a must-see event. I'm also not really feeling the hype for the album in Britain. The Superbowl made good headlines but that was it. It's not a big event and most people won't have seen it. The single isn't get much airplay. The album needs to get some great reviews to push this to the average, casual fan.

Nothing. Apart from the fact the sound was dreadful and distorted, she came on late and thousands of

people missed the last tube and were stranded. The video screens were way to small for people

at the back who couldnt see anything. Also tickets were sold that were way beyond

the side view past lines - those tickets should have never been sold in the first place. She got very bad

press coverage the next day and Live Nation refused to apologise.

http://www.gigwise.com/article.php?id=46023&view=all

The Wembley gig was terrible. I could hardly hear anything.

I think it's event overkill rather than the S&S mess. They've just announced the Buckingham Palace gig in June with Elton John and Paul McCartney, the Olympics are just over a week after the Madonna concert. A lot of people won't have a lot of cash to keep going in and out of London for these big events.

Lots of festivals have been put on hold for this year. There were a lot of festivals cancelled last year too due to poor sales because of the recession and it will be even worse this year with the Olympics this year. I fear she may struggle to sell this one.

Madonna has toured here four times in the last ten or so years too so it's not like it's a must-see event. I'm also not really feeling the hype for the album in Britain. The Superbowl made good headlines but that was it. It's not a big event and most people won't have seen it. The single isn't get much airplay. The album needs to get some great reviews to push this to the average, casual fan.

I tend to agree. I think for the general public/casual fans it's concert fatigue.

She has toured here quite often and the public think her ticket prices are too

high. Her comments about her tickets prices recently when she said " save up I am

worth it" make her seem arrogant and out of touch. People in the UK are hurting badly

from the financial crisis.

You watch her release Birmingham, I get tix and she brings out Manchester. :doh: Where would it be in Birmingham though? Villa? The NEC would be amazeballs as its an arena. Someone on digitalspy said they knew about Birmingham last week, I didnt know whether to believe them. Mmmmm

Hyde park is the worst venue possible, now i'm actually glad i couldn't get any tickets for golden circle. The acoustics would be awful and i don't know what general admission will get to see being miles away from the stage. I really hope Brum rumours are true. Otherwise, i'll try to get good tickets for Istanbul.

OMG YES! YES YES YES YES YES! If the main London venues wont ve available she should play Birmingham and Manchester! Come on Madonna, us Brits love you!

Then the Brits should show a little more luv for the new single :americanlife:

But a 3rd UK date would be awesome :thumbsup:

Very well I think. No standing left and shitty pairs of seats up the very back corners (for 90 quid :thumbsdown: )

Great. I just dont want the whole "madonna plays to half empty venue" headline. Looks like it will be far from that. Standing alone must be 10,000 +?

Great. I just dont want the whole "madonna plays to half empty venue" headline. Looks like it will be far from that. Staning alone must be 10,000 +?

Nah, she's doing great for the first day. Standing was gone early afternoon. Well over 10,000 on the pitch I imagine. Nearly 70,000 on sale all in.

Guest boytoyville

Madonna playing BRUM? Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Anyway, I doubt it. London's already going at a snails pace....

Are you kidding me? It's not like she is going to do some club that holds 500 people or some lame gay pride event. They are just trying to do some new markets this time. Sheesh.

Are you kidding me? It's not like she is going to do some club that holds 500 people or some lame gay pride event. They are just trying to do some new markets this time. Sheesh.

Exactly. It's mind boggling that she actually never performed in brum and chose places like Manchester and CARDIFF!!! Lol. Brum is obviously much more central and would attract so many more people from lots of regions plus there are great venues like the NIA and the NEC. And trust me, definitely more sophisticated than Cardiff if that matters.

Yes, had there been Birmingham originally I may have gone there. Good venues and transport links. Cardiff is a good venue too to get too.

Although Hyde Park isn't great from a stage point of view it's a great location and transport links are excellent. So many bands and festivals go there now. Why they built the new Wembley in the old place when it's in the middle of an industrial estate is beyond me. It was such a lost opportunity.

Hoping Birmingham is added.

I am going to the diving final and closing ceremony in August so I have decided I am definitely not coming down to London and spending even more on hotels and transport.

Also, can someone give a definitive guide on what types of tickets there are? Are gold circle separate to other standing? Or are they something else, e.g. club experience. The official website is a pain in the arse to find out info.

If Edinburgh sells out I think they may try to add a B'ham gig. But perhaps in a stadium rather than an arena. I think B'ham's two arena are quite small capacity (<10,000?). She is unlikely to do those I would think. If they can get Aston Villa FC stadium then they can charge the same prices as Edinburgh and probably have another sell out.

If Edinburgh sells out I think they may try to add a B'ham gig. But perhaps in a stadium rather than an arena. I think B'ham's two arena are quite small capacity (<10,000?). She is unlikely to do those I would think. If they can get Aston Villa FC stadium then they can charge the same prices as Edinburgh and probably have another sell out.

NIA approx 12700 capacity NEC 13 to 14000 capacity. So most likely she'd do a stadium in Birmingham as well if it goes ahead.