Madonna Super Bowl thread

Guest Pud Whacker

Guest groovyguy

Devon Anjelica @DeviDev

Music Director Kevin Antunes is here giving us the details on the half time show Madonna will be doing at Super Bowl. Sounds amaze!

Someone at MadonnaTribe is "reporting"/speculating that NBC "pushed" the guests onto Madonna- and that she had to oblige, otherwise no gig. I guess it's possible (especially Ce-Lo Green, as he's on The Voice). others in the past were announced as the primary performers, and they ended up with guests (i.e. Damita Jo Jackson, Aerosmith- even Black Eyed Peas last year). Of course, Madonna doesn't NEED any guests, but apparently the NFL likes them from time to time.

Guest ditaluver

I can totally see that happening. this deal is between the nfl/bridgestone/nbc and madonna. they all want the most out of this performance.

but really, madonna could have easily backed out if she wasnt down with their ideas.

we shall see

JUST POSTED!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

@NICKIMINAJ

Nicki Minaj Super Bowl rehearsals w/the Queen ;) ----> RT @HumbleNika: @NICKIMINAJ what does your agenda contain today Nic? :)

Guest groovyguy

Quote Of The Day

perezhilton.com

‎"You don´t have to show your nipples to be interesting, and it doesn´t necessarily mean you´re cutting edge if you do." - Madonna, on her Super Bowl halftime show...

Guest bluejean

That quote is abit annoying because it makes it seem like she's having a dig at Janet when she's simply answering the question she's being asked.

That quote is abit annoying because it makes it seem like she's having a dig at Janet when she's simply answering the question she's being asked.

Yes. And Madonna also showed her tits plenty of times. :crazy:

Guest bluejean

Yah- no Damita dig.

And Madonna could have backed out- but I imagine she warmed to any NBC stipulations, as she would lose out on a huge audience if she did back out.

If true it would have been part of the initial agreement. I've suspected this all along.

Madonna talks about her long-awaited performance at Super Bowl on February 5, and admits that it is the thing she has been more nervous about.

"I have 12 minutes and 40 seconds to do something extravagant and exciting in the middle of something that's quite sacred to all of America," Madonna told the Los Angeles Times. "No one's asked me to tone down my moves. They were curious about my costumes and the costumes of the dancers.... They were very clear with us up front that they don't want nipples or anything like that, and I didn't have any intention of doing that, so I was like, 'OK, we're cool.'"

"I'm more nervous about this than most things I've done, simply because ... it's not how I'm used to working. I'm a perfectionist," Madonna goes on. "I like everything to be done just so, and I like to run things and run things and run things until people can do it with their eyes closed."

Madonna compares directing a movie to putting up one of her demanding tours. "When you're putting a show together, you're dealing with so many elements," she said. "You're creating a stage and working with lights and costumes and dancers, who you could say are the actors. You're paying attention to the minutiae and you're also stepping back and looking at the bigger picture. I always like to tell stories in my show and have some kind of an arc. I have a crew that I rely on desperately and... I'm working with creative people, so I need to be judicious with the way that I speak with them. I've always been intricately involved in every aspect of my show. I know where all the nails are on the stage

I don't think she needs to resort to blatant flesh now.

She would make much of a statement by just having a very gay, flambouyant show in such a conservative, male environment. It doesn't need to be graphic or suggestive to make an impact and I think Madonna knows she shouldn't do a repeat of the American Life video as people just stop listening.

Janet's silly token asian friend and "dancer" Gil just tweeted

Gil DuldulaoQuote:U don't have to kiss a girl on stage to be cutting edge or interesting. LolQuote:How about adopting a kid when everyone was doing it. Ok I'll stop. Cutting edge.Quote:Damn heroin addict

Quote:So many of those instances that def was cutting edge and interesting. Look at your resume boo.

Quote:Noones talking about that addiction. Real t. Get help

Quote:U go in on mine. I'll go in on yours. It's natural.

Quote:U have children. Worry about raising them then talking to hear urself talk- role model. Ok done for the day. Muah kiddos. Lol.

Quote:Look I intend on having children one day. And I sure hope I ain't acting and sayin foolish things at that age. For my kids sake.

janetgil1.jpg

Guest groovyguy

is he calling madonna a 'heroin addict'?

that's like calling janet a 'relevant artist'

it makes no sense :confused:

He is such a good role model with his trash talk.

What a pathetic, foolish loser! His Janet should learn not to diss others first. And exposing her nipple at the Superbowl is so classy!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mjmUCuap68I

Fans make more of this than the artists do. Anyway, I enjoy both, but Madonna did lie in the '94/95 interview when she said "I don't know anyone she knows" when a couple years before she did attend the Academy Awards with Michael Jackson and did go home together. They even met in '85. Neither Madonna or Janet are really innocent here, but I don't think they care as much as fans do about this silly "feud".

Guest bluejean

I don't think Madonna meant to diss Janet anyway, it was just the way the question was asked. I'm pretty sure Janet is the last thing on Madonna's mind :lol:

Guest bluejean

Fans make more of this than the artists do. Anyway, I enjoy both, but Madonna did lie in the '94/95 interview when she said "I don't know anyone she knows" when a couple years before she did attend the Academy Awards with Michael Jackson and did go home together. They even met in '85. Neither Madonna or Janet are really innocent here, but I don't think they care as much as fans do about this silly "feud".

Yes but she didn't really know MJ, it was a brief encounter and it didn't really continue after that. As for meeting Janet, if it were in 1985 that would be before Janet had a successful singing career, so Madonna probably didn't even know one Jackson sister from another to remember/care.

Guest groovyguy

http://madonnascrapbook.blogspot.com/2012/01/whos-zoomn-who-now-miss-jackson-if.html

Who's Zoom'n Who, Now? Miss Jackson if you're Beastly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crTummNYkO4

You don't have to show nipples to be interesting or/and it doesn't necessarily mean you're cutting edge, if you do. Right? - Madonna on the Super Hole half-time.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lygxo7Mf1l1qlycwjo1_500.jpg (NSFW)