Madonna Super Bowl thread

Guest Pud Whacker

Guest Not4Pussies

i think it might be that guitar solo that u can hear during the Confessions Tour, end of Lucky Star, beg of Hung Up. that guitar solo is similar to GAYL

And where would the choir fit in? "Like a Prayer" would be the only sensible track to include a choir.

i'm sure if Like A Prayer is not there, that choir may pitch in for "Music, makes the people come together!"...

Madonna on guitar?

No. I think it will be Monte. I imagine something in the style of the transition from "Lucky Star" to "Hung Up" on the Confessions Tour.

Or, as DrownedMadonna mentions, from "La Isla Bonita" to "Hung Up" during Live Earth.

i think it might be that guitar solo that u can hear during the Confessions Tour, end of Lucky Star, beg of Hung Up. that guitar solo is similar to GAYL

YUPP. Just like what they did at Grammys with the Gorillaz's performance.

By LISA HIRSCH

January 28, 2012

Celine Dion is sharing her thoughts on fellow music superstar Madonna performing in next week's Super Bowl halftime show, and disclosed why she herself won't be up on that stage.

Celine tells The Trend on Zappos Couture, "I'm not going to be performing at the Super Bowl because I'm pretty booked, I'm in Las Vegas right now at Caesars Palace doing a lot of shows so I won't be at the Super Bowl."

"But I love Madonna and know her well," she continued. "I know she'll do just fine, she doesn't need any luck. She's going to do her thing, she's going to do what she does best, she's going to give us something for us to remember. She's going to be great, just fine."

Stuart Price for a remix? I thought he disliked her now?

Nope. But I am sure some got that impression as he had expressed a bit disappointed that he hadn't been called back to help with her future album. I believe this was right when Madonna was starting to conceive the idea for her new album. Or maybe I'm confusing it with something he said shortly before Hard Candy was released.

Either way, it's obvious they are on good terms. Why would she ask him back to remix Miles Away and supposedly this project? He should know she doesn't usually rely on the same producers/collaborators from album to album.

Stuart Price for a remix? I thought he disliked her now?

I'll probably be in the minority with this but I really wasn't impressed with his mixes of the classic hits on Re-Invention. He created magic with "Erotica" (CT) and her recent work but give me "Vogue" "Like A Prayer" "Into The Groove" "Music" from Sticky & Sweet anyday.

Give Me All Your Luvin' is blending into Hung Up through the guitar solo.

He means the guitar part of Give me all your luvin after the You have all i L.U.V....

Err, "Music" of course! Do you not remember Live 8? They joined in at the end :wow:

my thoughts so too... but *sigh* Like A Prayer should've been a MUST...

Like A Prayer is full of drama and building... "life is a mystery....... when you call my name, it's like a little prayer... "

Liz should've given her a call...

Guest groovyguy

DrownedMadonna.com heard that Stuart Price and William Obit did mixes of some Madonna's classics for Madonna's Super Bowl long-awaited performance, and are meant to be mixed into each other to create a MASH-UP.

Without ruining plans for a surprise for the her show, we decided just to reveal that Give Me All Your Luvin' is blending into Hung Up through the guitar solo. Keep in mind that it is still subject to changes. Also the mash-up originally included more tracks than what they are currently rehearsing.

We still don't know what the set list is. All we now know is it's one MASH-UP of songs including GAYL and Hung Up.

The show is being described to DrownedMadonna.com as "a magnificent symphony of visuals." Expect the unexpected!

Can't wait!

Guest bluejean

I'll probably be in the minority with this but I really wasn't impressed with his mixes of the classic hits on Re-Invention. He created magic with "Erotica" (CT) and her recent work but give me "Vogue" "Like A Prayer" "Into The Groove" "Music" from Sticky & Sweet anyday.

Most people would agree with you, most of the "reinventions" on that tour were dire. Either that or they were pretty much identical to the original (Vogue for example.) But none of those really incorporate his own personal style. Like A Virgin on Confessions was utterly brilliant. He also did The Drowned World Tour including 'Holiday' which was far superior to the Kevin Atunes take on the song. Overall though I also prefer Kevin Atune's arrangements but I wouldn't be particularly concerned that Stuart would do a bad job. Mind you, I'm not sure I even believe this rumour.

Guest groovyguy

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/verona-native-to-direct-super-bowl-halftime-show/article_2101a4c0-4901-11e1-8318-001871e3ce6c.html

Verona native to direct Super Bowl halftime show

GAYLE WORLAND | Wisconsin State Journal | gworland@madison.com | Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2012 6:00 pm

As tens of millions watch Madonna take the stage at the Super Bowl halftime show next Sunday, Jamie King expects to be in a production truck near the field watching the spectacle — his spectacle — unfold on video monitors.

And in a career full of apexes, 2012 promises even greater heights. Though this is his third Super Bowl (he appeared as a dancer with Michael Jackson in 1993 and choreographed Diana Ross' halftime show three years later), it's his first as a director — a no-brainer, since he's been Madonna's creative director for well over a decade.

What can he reveal about the Super Bowl halftime show?

"Oh, that's not fair," he said, laughing. "Well, it is Madonna, so expect the unexpected, right? In our 16 years of working together, we like to make people 'wait' for it."

By LISA HIRSCH

January 28, 2012

Celine Dion is sharing her thoughts on fellow music superstar Madonna performing in next week's Super Bowl halftime show, and disclosed why she herself won't be up on that stage.

Celine tells The Trend on Zappos Couture, "I'm not going to be performing at the Super Bowl because I'm pretty booked, I'm in Las Vegas right now at Caesars Palace doing a lot of shows so I won't be at the Super Bowl."

"But I love Madonna and know her well," she continued. "I know she'll do just fine, she doesn't need any luck. She's going to do her thing, she's going to do what she does best, she's going to give us something for us to remember. She's going to be great, just fine."

so she was their first choice?? ;)

L.U.V Opening (Cirque du solei)

Give Me All Your Luvin mash Hung Up (Mia and Nicki Minaj)

Vogue Ninja Mix (Ninja House)

Stupid Hoe (Nicki minaj)

Madonna Mix (Express yourself,Like a virgin,Like a Prayer,Papa Dont Preach,Ray Of Light,4 minutes and Music)

L.U.V Opening (Cirque du solei)

Give Me All Your Luvin mash Hung Up (Mia and Nicki Minaj)

Vogue Ninja Mix (Ninja House)

Stupid Hoe (Nicki minaj)

Madonna Mix (Express yourself,Like a virgin,Like a Prayer,Papa Dont Preach,Ray Of Light,4 minutes and Music)

Ok Nicki Minaj will NOT perform a song called Stupid Ho, she couldn't if she wanted to considering the venue, so can we put that rumor to bed now?

Guest groovyguy

http://www.drownedmadonna.com/index/item/504-madonna-super-bowl-show-what-madonna-is-currently-rehearsing.html

Super Bowl Half Time Show

Madonna Super Bowl Show: What Madonna is currently rehearsing

DrownedMadonna.com learnt what Madonna is currently rehearsing for the Super Bowl Half Time Show this Sunday, February 5. As we told you on our latest news about the Super Bowl, we do not want to ruin the surprise. Therefore, we took several hours to decide if we had to post it or not. Since things are still subject to changes and the setlist is partially leaking anyway, we finally decided to share what we heard.

If you do not want to ruin the surprise, do not read what follow.

Here are the songs that Madonna is currently rehearsing and planning to perform as part of a MASH-UP, with Give Me All Your Luvin' taking more time:

Give Me All Your Luvin'

Hung Up

Vogue

Like a Prayer

Ray of Light

Music

Holiday was also mixed and rehearsed, but now we may just get some element of this 80's classic throughout another song, like Into The Groove had bits of Jump for the Sticky & Sweet Tour. But, keep in mind that Madonna could change her mind and actually perform Holiday as part of the MASH-UP.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/34616145

Madonna Super Bowl setlist revealed in NFL mag

By Will Brinson

INDIANAPOLIS -- If you're like us, you've been wondering exactly what songs Madonna would play at halftime of the Super Bowl. Sure, there's been some chatter about the various numbers she'll drop, but nothing official.

However, for our Sunday afternoon flight to Indy, we picked up a copy of the new NFL Magazine and three songs are confirmed by the league in a blurb about the Material Girl: "Gimme All Your Luvvin," "Ray of Light," and "En Vogue."

"Though Madonna's set list was not officially announced at press time, fans might expect her to give all her luvvin', provide a ray of light and be in vogue with her music," the magazine reads. "The Super Bowl is almost a national holiday, after all."

Though we wholeheartedly agree about the holiday aspect of things, we're kind of unsure exactly what that has to do with Madonna playing a new single.

Whatever, we appreciate the NFL dropping some nuggets in the magazine, which was a pretty enjoyable read. Also, for those that hadn't noticed yet, Madonna's going to have the people from Circque du Soleil with her. That alone's worth the price of admission.

Oh yeah, and if you can still get odds on what song Madonna's playing first, you might want to hustle up on that.