M's New Album Title: M.D.N.A.

Flip The Switch

I liked Hard Candy as an album title. I just had no idea she would allow such revolting album artwork to be a literal interpretation of the title. She clearly clocked out during that era. :zombie:

I had no problem with 'Hard Candy' as an album title,but I think she should have titled it 'Beat Goes On'.

I had no problem with 'Hard Candy' as an album title,but I think she should have titled it 'Beat Goes On'.

Licorice would have been ok but even Hard Candy sounds better.

M-Dolla

HARD CANDY is an iconic album cover. It STANDS OUT on the shelf. It DEMANDS you look at it.

Tis the point when selling a record.

HARD CANDY was iconic. (the album cover anyway)

LOOK AT ME!!!!!

MADONNA-Hard-Candy.jpg

on topic of the 'hard candy' cover, i remember it reminding me of her first album cover when i first saw it. so to me it was kind of book ends for warner. it's weird, but it's interesting to know she was gonna call it 'give it 2 me' right? and so it still sez 'give it 2 me' on her belt... and then some big bubbly letter person came around and stamped 'hard candy' across the top of it all in a rude kinda slanty sorta way. i can't hate coz it has 'devil' on it which is one of my faves by her (though i want the 'i'm breathless' version of it if yaknowwhatimsayin...). anyway.. yay! MDNA!

LOOK AT ME indeed! I like both album cover and title... it does demand attention!

HARD CANDY is an iconic album cover. It STANDS OUT on the shelf. It DEMANDS you look at it.

Tis the point when selling a record.

HARD CANDY was iconic. (the album cover anyway)

LOOK AT ME!!!!!

MADONNA-Hard-Candy.jpg

Guest bluejean

Are you people serious?

The album screams "look at me" sure, but not in a good way. It looks tacky and the photo is not flattering. 'Vogue' magazine :lol: Her worst album cover ever.

you can dance is everything!

love how it contrasts with true blue

it totally fits the album and that era beautifully

i liked hard candy's cover when it 1st came out

it seemed very interesting esp when linked to this teaser

but it got really tired after a couple of months

and now looking back it seems random and not well thought out

the tour book session/art would've worked better imo

Madonna-Sticky-And-Sweet-TourBookCover.png

Madonna+-+Sticky+%26+Sweet+%28Tour+Studio+Version%29.jpg

Maybe I'm wrong, but I've always thought the HC cover was meant to be obnoxious and somewhat tacky. I mean she's sitting with a very self conscious "come hither" pose in front of a background of a giant peppermint....if this were Mariah I may think she's taking it seriously (see Rainbow cover) but Madonna is too smart for that. Without pissing people off with another HC essay....HAHA....or maybe I should ;) ......I'll just say in regard to the album cover, I feel like her fans took the cover far more seriously than she did. She was in on the joke, I don't think the fans got the joke at all. Fans seemed to think she was all like "LOOK AT ME. I'm 50 but I'm still young, hip and cool". I never took it that way at all.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I've always thought the HC cover was meant to be obnoxious and somewhat tacky. I mean she's sitting with a very self conscious "come hither" pose in front of a background of a giant peppermint....if this were Mariah I may think she's taking it seriously (see Rainbow cover) but Madonna is too smart for that. Without pissing people off with another HC essay....HAHA....or maybe I should ;) ......I'll just say in regard to the album cover, I feel like her fans took the cover far more seriously than she did. She was in on the joke, I don't think the fans got the joke at all. Fans seemed to think she was all like "LOOK AT ME. I'm 50 but I'm still young, hip and cool". I never took it that way at all.

Completely agree with you and I feel the exact same way about the American life rap...people took that way too seriously and evaluated it like she was seriously trying to rap, rather than mocking it and being tongue-in-cheek. I actually think the HC cover is genius for all the reasons stated above

EXACTLY! Alot of times,many people don't always "get" what Madonna is trying to do.They don't get the sarcasm,the irony,the *joke*.

I think lyrics about her booty and the poor spanish in spanish lesson weren't meant to be taken seriously either :lol:

Are you saying it was...

wait for it...

EYE-RAW-NICK?

I agree actually, I don't think it was that serious (ARE YOU GETTING HARD?) but the end result wasn't that aesthetically pleasing anyway.

I get the concept she was going for, it was just executed horribly and she looks terrible on the cover.

Guest FrozenEyes

I've really warmed up to the M.D.N.A. now, I like it.

My first response with the dna connection was "that's stupid," but I think it's actually pretty cool and thoughtful. I'm glad my mind changed it's opinion. I really do want to like this era.