Madonna 2012 New Album Thread

Chuck82

Her co-producers have always made remarks like this, ever since Pat Leonard. They always act shocked that she knows how to produce her own music and doesn't just turn up for a few hours to sing!

Guest bluejean

Well I think his point was that she defied his expectations. Sure he knew she was going to be involved in the production, but that he did not expect it to be a 50/50 collaboration. Most artists do not get involved in music production to that extent unless they are sitting there doing it by themselves.

I find it extremely annoying how people (esp the public) have this perception that she just turns up and "Pastes" her vocals onto a ready made track and that's it.

From what we've seen over the years, she looks like a very "hands on" artist. It's a shame the public rarely get to see that side of her.

Guest groovyguy

I find it extremely annoying how people (esp the public) have this perception that she just turns up and "Pastes" her vocals onto a ready made track and that's it.

From what we've seen over the years, she looks like a very "hands on" artist. It's a shame the public rarely get to see that side of her.

Hope there's more (and longer) behind-the-scenes like the birthday song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBfBQfdEDzc

Hope there's more (and longer) behind-the-scenes like the birthday song.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=GBfBQfdEDzc

That was wonderful, but 1 minute clips just aren't enough.

As much as it would be a gruelling process, I do wish she would let the cameras in from day one until the completion of an album. That would be immense.

I don't think's ever been done before has it?

I'm just pleased that Madonna is working with "fresh" talent on the album (Solveig), and not someone who's worked with so every other act in the business. It's what we wanted, after all. :vogue: Reuniting with Orbit for some tracks also is a great move.

Guest groovyguy

I'm just pleased that Madonna is working with "fresh" talent on the album (Solveig), and not someone who's worked with so every other act in the business. It's what we wanted, after all. :vogue: Reuniting with Orbit for some tracks also is a great move.

A good balance. Especially like her description: a good combination of light and dark songs.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.billboard.com/new-releases/madonna-s-m-d-n-a-album-preview-1005867752.story#/new-releases/madonna-s-m-d-n-a-album-preview-1005867752.story

Madonna

Title: "M.D.N.A." | Release Date: March

Madonna scored her first top 20 Billboard Hot 100 hit in 1983 with "Holiday" -- and she's been on the move ever since. One of the music industry's few career artists, the singer/songwriter/producer/entrepreneur -- in tandem with longtime manager Guy Oseary ( @guyoseary) -- possesses an innate sense when it comes to reading the pulse of the industry and what her fans want.

Following November rumors, it was formally announced in December that the singer had inked a three-album pact with Interscope -- at a base of $1 million per album. This is in addition to her continuing the 10-year multirights album deal with Live Nation signed in 2007, which is reported to be worth as much as $100 million.

During her three-decade career, Madonna's Nielsen SoundScan-era (1991-present) U.S. album sales stand at 26.9 million, and she holds the record for the most successful tour by a solo artist, according to Billboard Boxscore. The seven-time Grammy Award winner is also a Rock and Roll of Fame inductee. Her last album, 2008's Hard Candy, debuted at No. 1 in 27 countries.

The first studio album under Madonna's new pact -- and first since leaving longtime label Warner Bros. after Hard Candy -- will be released in late March. The yet-untitled set finds Madonna collaborating with producers Martin Solveig and William Orbit. Through spokeswoman Liz Rosenberg, Madonna told Billboard that she's "thrilled" to be collaborating again with Orbit, who co-produced her 1998 album, "Ray of Light."

Also in December, the singer completed the Megaforce-directed video for the new album's first single, "Gimme All Your Luvin'." Featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., the single arrives the last week of January -- just ahead of Madonna's buzzed-about performance at Super Bowl XLVI's halftime show on Feb. 5. With Cirque du Soleil, Moment Factory and Jamie King in tow as collaborators, the performance is sure to be memorable.

It's my day

I'm gonna rock the town tonight

Gonna let my hair down

Boogie woogie woogie all night

Age is just a state of mind

Don't bother me with numbers

I haven't got the time

It's my birthday, it's my time shine

Been workin' my fingers to the bone

Since I was a queen without a throne

Now I'm livin it up

Taking the high road baby

na na na na na na na na na

na na na na na

Gonna sing my song tonight

Pop the cork

And turn down the lights

Crank up the beats

And let's boogie all night

Time to celebrate the life that I love to live

Now I'm livin it up

na na na na na

na na na na na

Where's the party

I'm feeling so alive

Where's the party

It's gonna last all night

Where's the party

I'm gonna free my soul

Where' the party

I'm gonna lose control

The beat goes on and the beat goes on

And on and on and on

Guest ditaluver

im going with what someone else said and that is the SUPERBOWL

either that or the Q&A she'll be doing soon to promote the SB (according to lighthouse on tribe)

From Lighthouse (Madonnatribe Forum):

I just got the bulletin from The AP Wire and i did sign up for live coverage for us all to enjoy here, as this event is not broadcast on TV.

The AP says they'll have writers, photographers and video from the event. I signed up for all three.

Images will be delivered in real time.

Madonna will preview what's coming up in her show and take questions.

Final date and time is TBA, for now it looks like to be on Friday, Feb. 3rd.

There was a snippet in the new NME which is a special about new albums coming out this year

25781712.jpg

the NME havn't bothered to write anything about her for the past couple of years so this is amazing to see they are hyped about MDNA.

Guest groovyguy

Adam Lambert is helping to promote the Queen.

http://celebs.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981028813

Adam Lambert 'Raves' about Madonna's 'M.D.N.A.' Album Title

January 16, 2012

Adam Lambert took to Twitter today to comment about the title Madonna recently announced for her upcoming album. He really liked the title and shared his opinion with his more than 1.3 million followers. Adam tweeted, "Madonna's new album is called 'M.D.N.A.' hahah Genius!!!!" What exactly does he think is genius about the title? In addition to being an abbreviation of her name, many think the title has a double meaning, related to the drug Ecstasy. Ecstasy is known scientifically as methylenedioxymethamphetamine, or "MDMA." Obviously, Madonna's album title varies a little, using an "N" instead of an "M," but it still seems like a play on the drug name.

Apparently many of Adam's fans did not get it, because he followed up with another tweet, "Oye. So many replies that don't get the title. Hello.... Ever been to a rave? Or know what those are??" For those unaware, a "rave" is a party featuring electronic music, often involving Ecstasy and other drug use. Adam is not the only one that made the association between the album title and the drug. Although, unlike Adam, some don't see it as such great idea. The UK's MNE reports that, "Lucy Dawe, a spokesperson for the campaign group Cannabis Skunk Sense, told The Sun that Madonna's choice of album title was 'an ill advised decision'."

Adam Lambert has said that when he was younger, he was a "club kid," so he has probably had his fair share of rave experiences. But even if you have not experienced a rave or MDMA yourself, you might agree that Madonna's album title is clever. What do you think? Do you agree with Adam that it's genius?

the NME havn't bothered to write anything about her for the past couple of years so this is amazing to see they are hyped about MDNA.

NME is a pile of shit like most other journalistic outlets.

It's my day

I'm gonna rock the town tonight

Gonna let my hair down

Boogie woogie woogie all night

Age is just a state of mind

Don't bother me with numbers

I haven't got the time

It's my birthday, it's my time shine

Now I'm livin it up

na na na na na

Pop the cork

And turn down the lights

Crank up the beats

And let's boogie all night

Time to celebrate the life that I love to live

Now I'm livin it up

na na na na na

na na na na na

Where's the party

I'm feeling so alive

Where's the party

It's gonna last all night

Where's the party

I'm gonna free my soul

Where' the party

I'm gonna lose control

The beat goes on and the beat goes on

And on and on and on

That was horrible!!! it betta be phake!! :thumbsdown:

Edited by LUV

Adam Lambert is helping to promote the Queen.

http://celebs.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981028813

Adam Lambert 'Raves' about Madonna's 'M.D.N.A.' Album Title

January 16, 2012

Adam Lambert took to Twitter today to comment about the title Madonna recently announced for her upcoming album. He really liked the title and shared his opinion with his more than 1.3 million followers. Adam tweeted, "Madonna's new album is called 'M.D.N.A.' hahah Genius!!!!" What exactly does he think is genius about the title? In addition to being an abbreviation of her name, many think the title has a double meaning, related to the drug Ecstasy. Ecstasy is known scientifically as methylenedioxymethamphetamine, or "MDMA." Obviously, Madonna's album title varies a little, using an "N" instead of an "M," but it still seems like a play on the drug name.

Apparently many of Adam's fans did not get it, because he followed up with another tweet, "Oye. So many replies that don't get the title. Hello.... Ever been to a rave? Or know what those are??" For those unaware, a "rave" is a party featuring electronic music, often involving Ecstasy and other drug use. Adam is not the only one that made the association between the album title and the drug. Although, unlike Adam, some don't see it as such great idea. The UK's MNE reports that, "Lucy Dawe, a spokesperson for the campaign group Cannabis Skunk Sense, told The Sun that Madonna's choice of album title was 'an ill advised decision'."

Adam Lambert has said that when he was younger, he was a "club kid," so he has probably had his fair share of rave experiences. But even if you have not experienced a rave or MDMA yourself, you might agree that Madonna's album title is clever. What do you think? Do you agree with Adam that it's genius?

How wonderful :newspaper: