Madonna Super Bowl thread continued

Guest groovyguy

LMFAO are super funny. I wonder how many Madonna fans are leaving in the 80's. I can't wait for this performance it will gonna be so much fun! Who do you expected Madonna to perform with? Boy George or Mike And The Mechanics?

:lmao:

Goodness...some of you guys need to get over this whole "Madonna can't work with younger current artists" kick. Who honestly thinks Madonna would surround herself with musical "dinosaurs" on stage?? That will age her...she's a POP star and to an extent she always has and always will (most likely) somewhat chase a more youthful market. Personally I don't care for Cee Lo's music but I do have respect for him as a musician and I don't know a lot about LMFAO nor do I really care to. If they perform with her then that will probably the extent at which I know them. Should be no surprise guest stars will be here, it's the Super Bowl....doesn't that happen with every performer typically?

And hey, it could be worse....think of how the poor Aerosmith loons must have felt after they shared a stage with Britney fucking Spears. She's like anti everything diehard rock fans stand for. At least these artists seem to have SOMEWHAT of a relation to the style of music Madonna does....it's not like oil and water!

Guest bluejean

Goodness...some of you guys need to get over this whole "Madonna can't work with younger current artists" kick. Who honestly thinks Madonna would surround herself with musical "dinosaurs" on stage?? That will age her...she's a POP star and to an extent she always has and always will (most likely) somewhat chase a more youthful market. Personally I don't care for Cee Lo's music but I do have respect for him as a musician and I don't know a lot about LMFAO nor do I really care to. If they perform with her then that will probably the extent at which I know them. Should be no surprise guest stars will be here, it's the Super Bowl....doesn't that happen with every performer typically?

And hey, it could be worse....think of how the poor Aerosmith loons must have felt after they shared a stage with Britney fucking Spears. She's like anti everything diehard rock fans stand for. At least these artists seem to have SOMEWHAT of a relation to the style of music Madonna does....it's not like oil and water!

At least she's not sharing the stage with Britney Spears again also. She wouldn't really fit in :lmao:

I would just prefer her to perform alone, unless she had someone like Lenny Kravitz come out and play guitar. Who really wants to see Nicki Minaj sing stupid hoe? Cee-Lo will probably be there to, imagine all of them onstage doing holiday? If you look at past performers like The Who, Springsteen, Paul McCartney,Tom Petty, STones, they didnt have anybody else come on stage..I guess she feels she really needs to get a young audience.

I would just prefer her to perform alone, unless she had someone like Lenny Kravitz come out and play guitar. Who really wants to see Nicki Minaj sing stupid hoe? If you look at past performers like The Who, Springsteen, Paul McCartney,Tom Petty, STones, they didnt have anybody else come on stage..

I guess she feels she really needs to get a young audience.

Did Prince have anybody perform with him? I don't recall. If I could choose anybody for Madonna to pair up with it would be Prince but that ship sailed long ago I'm sure. The difference between Madonna and all those above mentioned legends is that they haven't had hit songs in years nor do they seem to really care. They do just fine doing the oldies on tour every couple years and making a shit ton of money in the process. It's obvious Madonna doesn't want to be in that category.

I know most here would prefer her solo and if she MUST team up I'm sure most would prefer someone more legendary....perhaps like Prince...I know Santana was mentioned in another post too. It's funny though because the reaction of the fan bases of those artists would be the same as some of the reactions here about LMFAO if Madonna were to dare perform with one of them. :lol:

At least she's not sharing the stage with Britney Spears again also. She wouldn't really fit in :lmao:

:lol:

Britney couldn't do more than be a stage prop these days....bless her....she just doesn't have IT anymore on the stage.

Shame cuz her music is better than ever. :(

Anyways....back to Madge....:)

Did Prince have anybody perform with him? I don't recall. If I could choose anybody for Madonna to pair up with it would be Prince but that ship sailed long ago I'm sure. The difference between Madonna and all those above mentioned legends is that they haven't had hit songs in years nor do they seem to really care. They do just fine doing the oldies on tour every couple years and making a shit ton of money in the process. It's obvious Madonna doesn't want to be in that category.

I know most here would prefer her solo and if she MUST team up I'm sure most would prefer someone more legendary....perhaps like Prince...I know Santana was mentioned in another post too. It's funny though because the reaction of the fan bases of those artists would be the same as some of the reactions here about LMFAO if Madonna were to dare perform with one of them. :lol:

Prince performed alone too I'm pretty sure... I just hope Madonna doesn't share the stage for most of the show with the guests. Minaj and Mia were not that bad but LMFAO,, :)

Guest groovyguy

Spot on.

Guest groovyguy

OFICIAL SETLIST? (INFINITY MADONNA)

L.U.V Opening

Give Me All Your Luvin - Madonna feat Nicki Minaj and M.I.A

Express Yourself - Madonna

Stupid Hoe - Nicki Minaj

Vogue 2012 mix - Madonna and Ninja House

Music/Holiday - Madonna feat Cee Lo Green and L.M.F.A.O (Giant Choreography)

If true, Nicki's part is probably a snippet much like Missy E's @the MTV 2003. And Cee Lo and LMFAO are joining her only for her final song - Music/Holiday mash-up.

I doubt that Madonna will allow any guest to have anything more than a minor role. Perhaps the presence of guests is dictated by the organizers. Even so I'm sure their stage time will be very short and they will be made to look like Madonna's worshipers. It will highlight the respect she commands from musicians of younger generations.

Personally I love Cee Lo Green, he has an amazing voice and I wouldn't mind him covering a Madonna classic.

It's not that LMFAO are young and current. It's that they are positively grotesque with no redeeming qualities WHATSOEVER. They make past collaborators from Britney Spears to Nicki Minaj look like Mozart.

Guest Lovesong

i highly doubt madonna has any time for a costume change.

12 minutes and thats it

Me too, No one ever done that on the Superbowl performance so far I know...(but mostly were male performers so.. yeah lol)

It's not that LMFAO are young and current. It's that they are positively grotesque with no redeeming qualities WHATSOEVER. They make past collaborators from Britney Spears to Nicki Minaj look like Mozart.

I agree with this, at least Britney or Justin were kinda established acts. LMFAO barely has 2 singles, they are one hit wonders, anyway I just hope that this is just an awful rumour.

:clap:

Guest groovyguy

http://fitperez.com/2012-01-26-madonna-told-no-for-luxury-hotel#.TyGdzPkk0wB

Madonna Gets Told 'No' Before The Super Bowl

Madonna gets what Madonna wants or Madonna don't stay in Indianapolis.

Don't worry, she's still performing at the Super Bowl, but the divalicious singer won't be in the same city for very long.

A source tells us that Madge wanted the penthouse at the Conrad, but they told her it had been reserved a year in advance. Instead of settling for another room either at the Conrad or another 5-star hotel, she's staying in Chicago and flying in to Indianapolis the DAY of the big event!

Wow! She must not have liked ANY of the other accommodations the Indiana city had to offer. Or she wanted to prove a point — don't say NO to Madonna! Ha!

who has confirmed that these NOBODIES are even performing with her? if so its PATHETIC and will only serve to make her look even more ELDERLY

Exactly she doesn't need to perform with them it's so unnecessary.

Does she really think it will make kid rush and download GMAYL?

Guest Not4Pussies

what is she thinking? was this suggested by Lourdes or Rocco?

this is Madonna's problem since Hard Candy. The younger people she surrounds herself with, the younger people she works with,

the younger men she fucks. The pre HC Madonna would never!

LMFAO is on the same level as Jersey Shore and Paris Hilton. that's how tacky and bad they are.

this is low, low like the Gap ads, the children's books, the gyms and MATM.

if she starts shuffling... :doh:

I don't mind ifshe performs with young artists, but with fucking LMFAO, their music is horrible.

This is just Madonna like when on "The Virgin Tour" she decided that Beastie Boys would do first part as they were so horrible that people would wish for her and she would shine even more. If they are that horrible live then people will actually verify that those guys that had 2 Billboard Hot 100 in the past 6 months are way worst live than the Fantastic Veteran Madonna. Plus lot's of people will plug-in on LMFAO, people that Madonna wants to market to also! (especially young and commercial/independent dance audience).

I think this idea it's just pure mastery!

She knows what she does ;)

She is THE BEST!