Madonna Super Bowl thread continued

Guest groovyguy

Guest groovyguy

http://www.blackbookmag.com/music/moment-factory-s-creative-director-sachkin-bessette-teases-madonna-s-superbowl-halftime-show-1.43602

Moment Factory's Creative Director Sachkin Bessette Teases Madonna's Superbowl Halftime Show

On February 5, at the Lucas Oil stadium in Indianapolis, Madonna will take the stage as part of the halftime show for Super Bowl XLVI. No one knows what to expect (although Nicki Minaj showing up is basically a done deal), but with Cirque Du Soleil's involvment already confirmed, it's safe to say the show will be visually spectacular.

Helping to realize those visuals is the Montreal-based multimedia design firm, Moment Factory. Responsible for some of the most recognizeable and cutting edge installations around the world (including Arcade Fire's now legendary LED ball drop at last year's Coachella), Moment Factory is working closely with Madonna to create something unforgettable for the world's biggest stage. We recently spoke to Moment Factory's founder and Creative Director, Sachkin Bessette, about his company and his work, and did our best to pry out secrets about February's big show.

What phase of development are you in for MadonnaÂ’s Superbowl show?

Well, weÂ’re still developing the whole project. This is the first time weÂ’ve worked with her, so weÂ’re getting to know each other, creating trust and an inspirational and creative relationship, which is a lot of fun. She really gets into the details, and sheÂ’s really focused on a lot of different levels, which not a lot of the artists are. Working with Nine Inch Nails for example, Trent was very involved in the details, but in a different way. With Arcade Fire it was different. It depends on the artist.

Did this partnership come about through Cirque du Soleil?

Yeah. basically MadonnaÂ’s management called Cirque to help out with the Superbowl project, and Cirque gave us a call and thought we would be a good fit.

Performing during the halftime show presents a lot of constraints. How will you deal with those?

We need to work within the perimeters. The box we’re working in is different. We have to find solutions that give us that theatrical effect that Madonna likes and wants, and we need to make it on par with her level of quality and detail—in the dance, the video, the choreography, the music. But at the same time, the short length of the show and the realities of working in a stadium are very different than a normal touring show for example. So it really requires different creative solutions.

:thumbsup::bow:

Awesome news about CELEBRATION. I will die if she performs the Benni Benassi mix! or maybe the song will sample Party Rock by LMFAO? :doodlemanson:

Hope not.

I know, I hope not. But my friend said they were surprise guest. They're so ridiculous. I wonder how/when this is idea to perform and collaborate with all these terrible people began but I hope it ends at the Super Bowl. Funny thing is, I can almost see the LMFAO thing being true...I can see Madonna with those nerd glasses with them dancing around on stage lol. I can almost cry but it's bittersweet. I'm excited for the new album/tour.

On a side note, I heard nicki Minaj's london dragon (or something like that) for the first time...oh god, that confirmed my dislike for the girl...that and last nights performance at the new years bash. Sadly, I couldn't change the channel. LMFAO's performance style is horrid.

Thank god, a true artist performed...Miss Florence and the Machine. Real music does exist, somewhere over a rainbow of garbage.

I know, I hope not. But my friend said they were surprise guest. They're so ridiculous. I wonder how/when this is idea to perform and collaborate with all these terrible people began but I hope it ends at the Super Bowl. Funny thing is, I can almost see the LMFAO thing being true...I can see Madonna with those nerd glasses with them dancing around on stage lol. I can almost cry but it's bittersweet. I'm excited for the new album/tour.

On a side note, I heard nicki Minaj's london dragon (or something like that) for the first time...oh god, that confirmed my dislike for the girl...that and last nights performance at the new years bash. Sadly, I couldn't change the channel. LMFAO's performance style is horrid.

Thank god, a true artist performed...Miss Florence and the Machine. Real music does exist, somewhere over a rainbow of garbage.

:thumbsup:

She started working with people (2007) when she lost interest in music during that time and now here we go again with the collaboration of M.I.A and Nicki for the first single. This is her way to stay relevant in music when doing it by herself now at this time isn't good or creative enough so she goes for some help support. I really hope GAYL to be a hit and 360* different than the demo, but reading the rumors, I don't hold my hopes too high.

Let's wait and see what happens with this project. The pop world is ready to get some new M.

M.I.A is amazing. I'm very happy about the collaboration. I don't care about Minaj at all, but she's fun.

I love M.I.A. ...no complaints there. She's talented and she won't overshadow Madonna as I think Nicki and LMFAO will. There outfits are stupid and nickis facial expressions are annoying and everything about LMFAO is just a problem. Lol but I'm not complaining at this point. I just wish Give Me was JUST a promotional single for the Superbowl with a video (that'd be fine) and a real first single. it wouldn't be too far fetched since she just switched to LiveNation AND interscope so maybe they are willing to throw extra money down for the biggest female artist of all time. Lol it will be like insurance to make sure the beginning of their 3-album deal is a success.

It's possible cause William did say there were a lot of treats to come. Maybe she knows the song isnt a reflection of the album and it will be a promotional thing to get her name out there again.

:thumbsup:

She started working with people (2007) when she lost interest in music during that time and now here we go again with the collaboration of M.I.A and Nicki for the first single. This is her way to stay relevant in music when doing it by herself now at this time isn't good or creative enough so she goes for some help support.

These people are generally tacked on (or Madonna is tacked on like the Britney single) so I don't think she is milking them for creativity, but the opportunity to have someone elses fan base exposed to her.

These people are generally tacked on (or Madonna is tacked on like the Britney single) so I don't think she is milking them for creativity, but the opportunity to have someone elses fan base exposed to her.

Yeah I see what you're saying.

Hopefully we will get another Super Bowl ad with a piece of the song or some shots from the video on the next 10 days.

Yep, I definitely see that's the case. She's just making sure her music gets exposed to the younger generation who may not know a lot about her or her music. It's actually a smart move on her part. She knows as she gets older, her music gets lost and since much of the pop scene is geared to younger audiences, she wants to remain within that niche'.

I do think if the LMFAO collaboration is true at SuperBowl, it will be a riot. Like them or not, they are very popular at the moment. They are pretty outrageous, so it's nice to see Madonna teaming up with the latest outrageous party anthem acts. It'll be cool to see her to get silly and act a bit crazy on stage with these guys.

I do think if the LMFAO collaboration is true at SuperBowl, it will be a riot. Like them or not, they are very popular at the moment. They are pretty outrageous, so it's nice to see Madonna teaming up with the latest outrageous party anthem acts. It'll be cool to see her to get silly and act a bit crazy on stage with these guys.

I agree 100%

Guest Not4Pussies

Hm could be true about LMFAO. It was reported there would be a third surprise act joining M besides Nicki and MIA. Guess im ok with them performing as long as they dont do that awful Sexy and you know it song

Yep, I definitely see that's the case. She's just making sure her music gets exposed to the younger generation who may not know a lot about her or her music. It's actually a smart move on her part. She knows as she gets older, her music gets lost and since much of the pop scene is geared to younger audiences, she wants to remain within that niche'.

I've often said that Madonna really goes out of her way to support other female artists. She stood by Britney during her troubled period and doesn't really trash other artists; she really is about promoting feminism and female equality. I think this gets totally overlooked by people and so many people write her off as a marketing exercise.

We all laughed when she said her core demographic was females 27 - 43 but she's not like GaGa courting the gay audience. Madonna actually doesn't overtly tartet gay men in the way Kylie, GaGa, etc It's all about female empowerment.

It remains to be seen if it's a hot mess but I do think her heart is in the right place.

Whether you believe me or not I have to share this news from a friend who went to the dance auditions for the Super Bowl/upcoming tour...

According to my friend, the setlist for the Super Bowl is...

1. Vogue

2. Music

3. Give Me All Your Luvin' ( with MIA and Nicki Minaj)

4. Celebration ( with LMFAO ...which I hate ugh...)

Of course this could change or may be completely inaccurate. I'm not used to sharing Madonna insider info ( since I'm never someone who gets any info) so take it with a grain of salt if you'd like, I just couldn't help but share the news if it's even true. If it turns out to be true, Happy New Year! I'm glad I could share it with fans first!

I'm not thrilled Nicki is in it and now LMFAO!!?? ugh this is turning out to be a mess (for my personal taste) but he did say Give Me All Your Luvin sounds very very similar to the demo and the choreography is VERY cheerleader. vogue is very gay and the rest is somewhat Egyptian but it's going to be huge and that it's non-stop dancing and it will be indoors. Again, I don't know if any of this is true but he is my friend and he did go to the auditions, got cut at the last 15 and also has a friend who's already been chosen to be on the tour and Super Bowl. Idiots true, I like the idea of Celebration being thrown out to the public. It's a great song with a very 2012- Holiday feel to it. Hopefully this means she'll perform it on tour.

He did also mention she will not be going to South America this tour. Not sure where he heard that but he's not a Madonna fan and wouldn't be caught dead lurking on forums or reading up on her fan sites. He's a dancer and would have loved being on tour with her. Regardless it does sound more plausible for a 15 minute set as opposed to the 5 song setlist that leaked earlier. He did sound extremely optimistic and said that although Give Me isn't the best, the Superbowl performance will be amazing and it will be very similar to what the upcoming tour will feature which I know we all already guessed and heard. Hope I provided some real insight! Goodnite guys.

Awesome, that's EXACTLY what I hoped she would perform. I think I included ROL also. Anyway, there's no 80's hits. I hope she has a bit of Holiday with Celebration. Otherwise, it's perfection (minus LMFAO).

Latest rumour:

Katy Perry to join Madonna, Minaj and MIA for Superbowl?

It has emerged that the latest pop princess to join the mistress of reinvention on her much-anticipated, much-hyped return to pop music at the 2012 Superbowl half-time performance is none other than Katy Perry, MTV's artist of 2011. The "I Kissed a Girl" singer is hotly tipped to be performing alongside the pop queen on a reinvention of one of Madonna's old classics. Details are highly-guarded but it appears that she may be joining Madonna by strapping on a guitar and performing Madonna's 1998 classic hit single, "Ray Of Light" along with Madge herself.

Spokespeople for Perry and Madonna have not returned calls.

Source: www.mybumhole.blogspot.com.

Latest rumour:

Katy Perry to join Madonna, Minaj and MIA for Superbowl?

It has emerged that the latest pop princess to join the mistress of reinvention on her much-anticipated, much-hyped return to pop music at the 2012 Superbowl half-time performance is none other than Katy Perry, MTV's artist of 2011. The "I Kissed a Girl" singer is hotly tipped to be performing alongside the pop queen on a reinvention of one of Madonna's old classics. Details are highly-guarded but it appears that she may be joining Madonna by strapping on a guitar and performing Madonna's 1998 classic hit single, "Ray Of Light" along with Madge herself.

Spokespeople for Perry and Madonna have not returned calls.

Source: www.mybumhole.blogspot.com.

Guest bluejean

Regardless of who she includes, I'm sure it WILL be HER show.

None of these people have the potential to upstage her.

I just hope it's Madonna songs only.