Your Single Choices for "Ray of Light"

MPowered

"Frozen" was fabulous as a first single. :inlove:

FCJuuCu.jpg

Wasn't it the other way around, loomz? -- M fought for it when Warner wanted "Ray of Light"? Can someone lemme know?

I wish I knew, my darling.. I think I was only going by conjecture.

lol @ another dead thread being revived. I was surprised to see I already posted. :rotfl:

1. Ray of Light

2. Frozen

3. Nothing Really Matters

4. The Power of Goodbye

5. Skin

I pretty much agree with this. The amazing Drowned World I think would be most appreciated by her fans. Most of the general public think if you have money and fame you have everything.

Frozen now I think is one of her best singles but at the time I thought it was a mistake making it the first single. To me, it didn't seem strong or catchy enough. Secret on the other hand I loved from the moment I heard it. And I remember a few of the aussie interviews at the time saying that it was a bold move to make Frozen the first single.

1. Ray of Light

2. Frozen

3. Nothing Really Matters

4. The Power of Good-Bye

Skin and Sky Fits Heaven would make good promo singles and sent to clubs.

1. Frozen

2. Ray Of Light

3. Sky Fits Heaven

4. Nothing Really Matters

5. Power Of Goodbye

6. Skin

7. Drowned World

3-year Anniversary Re-release:

1. Arioso

2. Pagan Poetry

3. Aurora

15-year Anniversary Re-re-release:

1. Let It Go

2. Bitch, I'm Febreezing

3. #unapologeticfrosty

could've easily outsold Thriller

1. Frozen

2. Ray of Light

3. Sky Fits Heaven

4. Nothing Really Matters

5. Drowned World/Substitute for Love

I can't believe people are dissing Ray of Light and it's video. Sacrilege.

Aside from all the MTV awards it received, the song itself and video were everywhere for at least 12 months after it's release nd is still remembered to this day. There was also the Microsoft campaign and the Oprah performance. To die for, all of it!!!

Nothing Really Matters was meant to be the 3rd single. Then, it semed warners didn't know which route to take and changed their minds released Drowned World in Europe then a couple of months later Power Of Goodbye. They really stuffed it up then, they should have stuck with Nothing Really Matters and released Drowned World/ Power Of Goodbye (even though I don't think POG Is single worthy) later on. Sky Fits Heaven would have been a perfect last single even though it most likely wouldn't have done well it would have been cool to get a video

I can't believe people are dissing Ray of Light and it's video. Sacrilege.

Aside from all the MTV awards it received, the song itself and video were everywhere for at least 12 months after it's release nd is still remembered to this day. There was also the Microsoft campaign and the Oprah performance. To die for, all of it!!!

I love this performance. One of her best

1 Frozen

2 The Power Of Good-Bye

3 Skin

4 Sky Fits Heaven

5 Nothing Really Matters

The best remixes Of all time!

ROL had good remixes too, But I dont Like the original version!and I would include Has To Be in it.

As much as I love Skin, I don't think it would have been a successful single because of the track length and the super fast jungle beats. Sky Fits Heaven is catchier and would have been a better single candidate IMO.

That said, the single releases were perfect. I just wished they would have released Drowned World as the 5th single because the gap for worldwide singles was just too big between ROL and POG