Full GMAYL DEMO leak!

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

Very Katy/Gwen/Kylie. I totally dig the track. Demo needs more polishing though. She needs young guest star on this track to get it to the top :bow:

WTG and CAC were trashed back in 1987 for being generic and too similar to to LIB and ITG respectively. As mentioned earlier, "Vogue" wasn't universally praised when it was premiered (when it was first played on my local radio station, one of Australia's biggest solo acts at the time commented after it that she "wasn't feeling it" and "come on, Madonna, you can do better than that!" Maybe she was just bitter because LAP had kept her at #2 the year before, but she still didn't rate it. A Whitney Houston fan told me when LAP was released that it just sounded like Madonna was "trying too hard". LTT was greeted with a massive big question mark and speculation that it could be Madonna's first big flop, since it was so different to anything she'd done before a. JML had people wondering whether she'd lost the plot, and TUTBMP was considered a snooze-fest. When "Frozen" was leaked by Jason Goh (Singapore Madonna Connection) after having been played early by a Singapore radio station, the old Madonna Mailing List went into meltdown, with some claiming that it was going to be her worst performing single ever (peaking even lower than "Human Nature" :dramatic: ). BS was labelled BS by many, and when "Music" leaked, all hell broke loose again. Ditto for HU and 4M.

Just an average day on a Madonna Forum :)

I've had the song on repeat all day whilst working (alone, so I'm not driving anyone else crazy!) and I really like it! It's not going to end up being one of my favourite Madonna songs, but that doesn't bother me. All I want from Madonna is music that I can connect with (either on a deep level, such as with a masterpiece like "Oh Father", or a fun, superficial level like with "Celebration" or GMAYL) - as far as I'm concerned, she's done it again :thumbsup:

Yep I remember all that too Carta and agree the new track is great.

Popjustice has gone into meltdown over the leak, some of them are claiming they prefer 4 Minutes over GMAYL.

Oh god. :lmao:

GMAYL is miles ahead of 4 Minutestoolong.

but let them bitch.

:lol:

Popjustice has gone into meltdown over the leak, some of them are claiming they prefer 4 Minutes over GMAYL.

I wouldn't be surprised if deaf people liked 4 Minutes more. After all deaf people only get to read the lyrics and see Justin Timberlake in the video with M.

GMAYL is better to those with functioning eardrums though!(at least sane people with functioning eardrums)

That's the place where everyone wears fake black rimmed glasses, argyle, weighs about 2 pounds, and piss themselves every time Lady Gaga inhales? Yeah, I think Madonna's gonna be ok not having their endorsement.

I'm old enough to remember people's reaction to "Vogue" when it was first released and they hated it !

Those type of people doesn't know how to decipher "hit potential"... VOGUE of all songs? Hated on first listen? Are we talking about 40+ male demographic here?

I still listen to it all the time and think it's super cute but it kind of puts Celebration and Revolver in perspective and that makes me worried for the rest of the album. OH WELL, we'll see I guess.

That's okay.

Keep dancing around in your room alone to Oops! I did it again and pretending....

Edited by HydrangeaKiller

Guys remember some of the "hated" M songs at the time became classics.

I was reading how Vogue was criticized for being too similar to EY when it was first released but it is now one of M's biggest songs. Also remember this version of GMAYL is apparently a demo.

Also with Orbit on board I'm sure he has changed it into something spectacular even though I still like this version too and even if it is the final version I can see it becoming a big hit.

If you genuinely don't like it that is fine but give it time to sink in - the song IS a grower.

Fresh play with headphones on the way to work .

Lives it.

God some people go on like her origins are not fun breezy pop.

Get a grip

Fresh play with headphones on the way to work .

Lives it.

God some people go on like her origins are not fun breezy pop.

Get a grip

Yes but we're now 30 year on from her 'origins'. Also, COADF was a RETURN TO DANCE, HC was a RETURN TO HER ROOTS, at what point do we move on?

I think M is gonna exist the music scene as a dance artist just how she started.

She tried experimenting, her most sonically adventures album - American Life was a commercial flop, so unfortunately ever since then she has been kinda pandering to the masses. It IS disappointing that after every risky album (Erotica, AL) she plays it safe for a while (Bedtime Stories, COADF) but that is the kinda artist M is, she will always make sure from now on her songs have that commercial appeal to them.

I have to be honest when I heard Orbit was on board I got very excited I thought she'll be making another incredible album like LAP and ROL but I guess she is making a dance record instead which I'll happily accept, any new music is better than nothing imho.

Guest Not4Pussies

That's the place where everyone wears fake black rimmed glasses, argyle, weighs about 2 pounds, and piss themselves every time Lady Gaga inhales? Yeah, I think Madonna's gonna be ok not having their endorsement.

haha that description is so true!! haha

Its good, esp the 2nd half but not great IMO. I think it was written for the superbowl and will end up being tagged onto the end of the album.

It's been around for months, though - would she really have been writing a song for the Superbowl back in July?

I see the usual suspects still have the sticks inserted deeply into their anal cavities. Geez....nobody predicted that. :manson: I think we all could've predicted the reactions of SOME a year ago without knowing the first thing about the song/album. If she would've went the HC route again they would've hated it, if she would've tried to follow in Gaga's footsteps she would've been desperate, she does a very Madonna-esque track and she still can't catch a break. I think it's safe to say she is beyond able to please the "usuals" at this point....some here obviously just have a chip on their shoulder about everything she does, no matter what it is lately...music or otherwise. I just don't see how some can analyze a little pop song so INTENSELY. How can people be so offended by a song that has "cheerleaders" commanding us to L-U-V MADONNA...with the song title Give Me All Your Love?? :lol: It's obvious that this song is not meant to be taken so seriously and analyzed like it's Mozart's last work or something. Chill the fuck out....have a joint! :fag:

The song is fun and not what I expected at all and I mean that in a good way. It's like a throwback to ROL era (very Beautiful Stranger) and 80s Madonna vocals meets New Wave meets the 60's.....definitely not what's happening on radio right now so I think she did a good job of sticking out from the rest yet blending in enough to be able to get radio play. Even the song in it's current incarnation sounds like a hit IMO and it's going to be a blast live.

I'm also old enough to remember fan reactions of many first singles. With Erotica her well had run dry as it was a inferior rehash of JML to some....Secret was just a bore and a bit of desperate attempt at M trying to "down with what's hot" by hooking up with Dallas Austin.....Frozen was labeled weird....Music was laughable and just HORRIBLE "do you like to boogie woogie. OMG SHE'S LOST IT!"......DAD was tired and the worst Bond song ever.....HU was too gay and frothy.....and of course 4M released in March of 2008 which had the misfortune of sounding SOOOOOO 2007 (just ancient!) and of course desperate. It's the same ol' song and dance every time.

And may I just add how much I love her sassy little "it's time FOR!!" at about 2:30....how Madonna 1985 Madonna is that? Oh and the little reference to Lucky Star!! :wow:

I honestly, really like it. I can't wait to hear the 'proper' mix, whenever that may be. Some people's OTT negative reactions to this are just baffling.

Upon first listen my initial reaction was..meh! Not bad, nothing spectacular. After a few repeats the song has grown on me and aslong as this IS just a demo and there are still some things to be added to the track I think it has potential. It's a risk, given what's out there at the moment but if she handles this well and the finsihsed product steps it up a gear, then I think she could be on to a hit. That said, if I so much as see her even THINK about wearing a cheerleading outfit in the video I will actually die of embarrassment. I would hate to see all her hard work go down the shi*ter because she can't resist the urge to flash her half a century old lady parts!