Tour 2012

Guest groovyguy

I'd really like 4 this Tour 2 'underperform' (a little) in terms of sales. The concert business needs 2 b taken down a notch. :fag:

I wonder if they're considering the global financial crisis at all. :scared:

I'm definitely going to see her in a few Euro cities this time, can't be fucked with UK gigs. UK Madonna audiences are after all THE WORST EVER.

I'm seriously considering Israel. :fag:

According to a quite reliable Turkish website (cnnturk.com) she is performing in Istanbul TT arena on 7 June 2012.

The article on cnnturk.com also says that Madonna is going to perform in Abu Dhabi on 6 June and in Tel Aviv on 10 June.

While Madonna performing in Israel, Abu Dhabi and Turkey in the same week seems realistic, she's performing in Tel Aviv on 31 May, according to DrownedMadonna and ynetnews.com, the Israeli news site that also broke the news about Madonna's Israeli 2009 shows. Furthermore, Madonna hasn't performed back-to-back shows in different venues for almost 30 years...

Btw, the Türk Telekom Arena, where Madonna is rumoured to perform, is a 70,000 capacity stadium with a retractable roof. It was opened less than a year ago.

The article on cnnturk.com also says that Madonna is going to perform in Abu Dhabi on 6 June and in Tel Aviv on 10 June.

While Madonna performing in Israel, Abu Dhabi and Turkey in the same week seems realistic, she's performing in Tel Aviv on 31 May, according to DrownedMadonna and ynetnews.com, the Israeli news site that also broke the news about Madonna's Israeli 2009 shows. Furthermore, Madonna hasn't performed back-to-back shows in different venues for almost 30 years...

Btw, the Türk Telekom Arena, where Madonna is rumoured to perform, is a 70,000 capacity stadium with a retractable roof. It was opened less than a year ago.

It is possible that they are still moving dates around. It would be cool to see Madonna perform in Istanbul after all these years. If she plays Abu Dhabi, I bet she will make bank.

It is possible that they are still moving dates around. It would be cool to see Madonna perform in Istanbul after all these years. If she plays Abu Dhabi, I bet she will make bank.

DWT $75m - RIT $125m - CT $200m - S&S $400m

It's amazing the difference in the span of barely 7 years

Do you think we'll continue with the increasing trend with this coming tour? :dramatic:

I hope she doesn't try to break the S&S record. It was way too long and draining for her. If the rumours are true I'd love see her in Istanbul which is my home town. It will bring so many memories back from 1993 girlie show. And obviously gonna see her in London.

ok, apparently I´m a platinum member of icon: what does it mean? I´ll be able to have presale tickets???

and about wanting to have sales underperferfoming...well, if the album doesn´t have at leat one hit, mmmm,some places won´t have several dates.I mean, hey always do the same, they annouce one or two dates in a place, and, if the sales work, they add a few more.But, in the places that she never has been or she went when everything was in balck and white (australia...) she will have huge sales for sure

A member of the AbsoluteMadonna forum, one of their mods, in fact - sonicboy - posted this:

I'm not sure how much of this might have already been reported elsewhere from other sources, but a friend of mine in the UK is an account coordinator for a company that works with Live Nation and he has provided me with some information he obtained from LN about the next tour. He confirmed that the Hyde Park gig is happening on the date that has been rumoured, as other fan sites have also stated. The original plan was for that date (along with other European dates) to be officially announced today with tickets going on sale this Friday. Those plans changed last week with Live Nation postponing the official announcement and on-sale dates until February. No reason was given by LN for this change in plans. He also said that Live Nation was being unusually tight-lipped about the remainder of the European tour schedule but that it is finalized. He said that the European dates will be mostly (if not all) stadiums and will be followed by a North American leg consisting of mostly arenas (as usual) and that Australian dates were in the works for late November/December 2012.

Of course this is subject to change but I will say that any touring info I've obtained from this friend in the past has always been accurate, so take from it what you will.

Edited by Msig

since it starts late may, we'll have around 85 shows up to the australian leg, if she adds a japan/asian leg and south american leg, i presume she will hit 100 and end off mid january, unless that is, she decides to add another leg of european shows. means she'll probably perform to around 4.5 million people and gross around $550 million. :dramatic:

Guest northernlad

There's no way she'd do that many consecutive shows, she doesn't have the voice for it. If that rumour is true I think they'd break for two or three months between North America and Australia/Asia.

So that fan says February and there was speculation tix would go on sale day after superbowl, I think that sounds accurate...

Latest news on the tour (source: MadonnaTribe)

Tickets for the tour were supposed to go on sale before Christmas, with the tour kicking off in Auckland, New Zealand in March 2012.

However, due to changes in the touring schedule, the Auckland show has been moved to October 2012.

According to Finnish press, it is very likely that the tour will stop in Finland in the summer of 2012. Live Nation Finland has neither confirmed nor denied this rumour, but confirmed that the tour will be officially announced next year.

[My comment: This all fits with what Sonicboy wrote in the AbsoluteMadonna forum and with Ynetnews.com and DrownedMadonna's reports about the tour starting in Israel in May 2012. It also indicates that the 'fake' tour itinerary published by DrownedMadonna last month could indeed have been an early draft of the tour itinerary.]

Edited by Msig

Latest news on the tour (source: MadonnaTribe)

Tickets for the tour were supposed to go on sale before Christmas, with the tour kicking off in Auckland, New Zealand in March 2012.

However, due to changes in the touring schedule, the Auckland show has been moved to October 2012.

Per promoters in New Zealand...it looks like that could be very true:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/music/6062480/Madonnas-show-may-go-on

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6192

Madonna MMXIIThe Queen of Pop's world tour may yet kick off in Auckland, Stuff.co.nz reports.

In a recent council meeting, Regional Facilities Auckland discussed negotiations that were underway to secure a large concert for the venue. In the Operations Performance Report from the board of directors dated October 19, the board discussed the concert that was "initially scheduled for March 2012 but has now been moved to October 2012 due to changes to the touring schedule".

Regional Facilities Auckland's Paul Brewer said he can't say who or what the show is until the deal is signed, sealed and delivered but confirmed talks for a show were ongoing.

"Negotiations are underway. I wish I could say [more] but I would be shot,'' he said. "We are always trying to negotiate concerts and obviously they have to be strictly confidential until things are signed on the dotted line. But rest assured, we are always doing our best to bring in acts from overseas and in New Zealand."

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6193

Finnish media is reporting that Madonna is in negotions to perform in Finland in Summer 2012.

Live Nation Finland does not confirm or deny this yet. They say they cannot say anything specific at the moment, only that official announcements about the tour schedle will be made next year.

As MadonnaTribe readers know, the tour is currently shaped to include Europe, North America, South East Asia and also stop Down Under, while a return to Japan was apparently scrapped to make space to other destinations.

With an original plan to announce the 2012 Tour and start ticket sales as soon as the month of December, it is now likely that the whole deal will be revealed early next year.

A second Italian date in Florence that the local press has been mentioning in the past days is "very likely", according to MadonnaTribe sources, with ticket sales to be expected in the month of February 2012.

Guest groovyguy

[My comment: This all fits with what Sonicboy wrote in the AbsoluteMadonna forum and with Ynetnews.com and DrownedMadonna's reports about the tour starting in Israel in May 2012. It also indicates that the 'fake' tour itinerary published by DrownedMadonna last month could indeed have been an early draft of the tour itinerary.]

Per promoters in New Zealand...it looks like that could be very true:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/music/6062480/Madonnas-show-may-go-on

In August, Smirnoff released details on its website regarding an international dance contest indicating that successful finalists would be dancing with Madonna.

Terms and conditions outlined that participants must have 12 month validity on their passport from March 2012 and make themselves available to travel all over the USA, South America, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand.

unconfirmedtouritinary.jpg

Guest groovyguy

http://www.drownedmadonna.com/

Madonna's Tour 2012 Itinerary

Madonna's next world tour will start in the Middle East, and exactly in Tel Aviv, Israel, on May 31, 2012, as we at DrownedMadonna.com exclusively announced.

In June and July the tour will move to Europe, followed by shows in North America in August and September.

A tour announcement was planned for early this week with tickets going on sale this Friday. But Live Nation recently changed this original plan. Now everything is apparently postponed for next year.

But this is not the only change to the original plans of this very high budget tournèe. As you remember, DrownedMadonna.com received an early draft of Madonna's tour itinerary by an anonimous and unconfirmed source. We were not able to confirm or deny it at the time, and after a few hours of debate, we decided to share it with all Madonna's fans.

The tour was expected to start in Auckland, New Zeland, in March 2012, followed by several shows in Australia and South East Asia. What we are hearing these days is that, when Live Nation decided to postpone the tour, the shows in New Zeland and Australia have been moved to October and November 2012. Also Stuff.co.nz is talking about negotiation to bring Madonna to New Zeland in October 2012. If things do not change again, these shows will follow concerts in South East Asia.

Talks are that there could be a second leg of the tour on 2013, including shows in Japan and South Africa.

To sum up, the itinary of Madonna's next world tour taking shape now is:

May 31, 2012: Tel Aviv, Israel

June-July 2012: Europe

August-September 2012: North America

October 2012: South East Asia

October-November 2012: New Zeland and Australia

The tour was expected to start in Auckland, New Zeland, in March 2012, followed by several shows in Australia and South East Asia. What we are hearing these days is that, when Live Nation decided to postpone the tour, the shows in New Zeland and Australia have been moved to October and November 2012. Also Stuff.co.nz is talking about negotiation to bring Madonna to New Zeland in October 2012. If things do not change again, these shows will follow concerts in South East Asia.

Talks are that there could be a second leg of the tour on 2013, including shows in Japan and South Africa.

To sum up, the itinary of Madonna's next world tour taking shape now is:

May 31, 2012: Tel Aviv, Israel

June-July 2012: Europe

August-September 2012: North America

October 2012: South East Asia October-November 2012: New Zeland and Australia

Very exciting. Hope it is all true! I want her to tour SE Asia!! I hope she hits Japan again soon.

I'm definitely going to see her in a few Euro cities this time, can't be fucked with UK gigs. UK Madonna audiences are after all THE WORST EVER.

really? why? they just stand there and refuse to move like the boring brits they are?