Tour 2012

Guest groovyguy

so what do you know? whats happening in NY with the obvious reference to madison square garden?

i wonder if the first list that came out back in october is actually the real one. the one that had her playing the stadium in jersey and no garden dates.

i'm ok with stadium dates as long as its not one in my city! LOL. but she doesnt seem to come to washington dc anymore so i have to go to her.

so what do you know? whats happening in NY with the obvious reference to madison square garden?

What I wrote. That she doesn't perform in MSG but in the stadium. Which honestly is quite shocking:

US fans should also be ready for a surprising - and for some also shocking - news, as in a certain very important market Madonna will not perform in a certain Garden anymore, but will rock a Stadium audience instead.

Madonna World Tour is very ICONIC and since the album is called MDNA it fits. Also, it looke like it's her first album since Erotica without a main theme of look. I mean yes, the them is that she's amazing you can barely see her face/look in the picture (I adore it, btw).

Guest northernlad

Which honestly is quite shocking:

Because they aren't stopping renovations for her to play there? :p With a fall tour it was always a strong possibility.

What I wrote. That she doesn't perform in MSG but in the stadium. Which honestly is quite shocking:

Its really not. The demand for her there is so high that she'll make more money off a few stadium shows, and much quicker. Once these older big acts start using stadiums, they never go back. Look at the Rolling Stones, how long has it been since they performed in arenas?

Guest northernlad

she's not in the US til the end of August, I think MSG renovations are over the summer.

They haven't scheduled anything through at least October.

to me it seems more impressive when you sell out 7 nights at the garden versus one stadium night. i remember when Confessions Tour was at the garden and it seemed she was there an entire month. Loved every moment of that time frame.

plus i cant stand worrying about the weather. every time i've seen her in a stadium show, it rained and rained and rained...ugh

do you know what stadiums she'll perform in NY or NJ?

just wait a few hours mate. we have all the venues in the list but it's right to leave to live nation to break the ground.

Madonna World Tour is very ICONIC and since the album is called MDNA it fits. Also, it looke like it's her first album since Erotica without a main theme of look. I mean yes, the them is that she's amazing you can barely see her face/look in the picture (I adore it, btw).

This is all probably a place holder tour theme. If MDNA has some big hits, you can be pretty sure the tour logo, poster and name will change.

Guest Topaz Scorpio

They could always manipulate the letters too to make the MDNA stand out

MADONNA

WORLD TOUR

Obviously that's a crude representation, but you get the idea.

Hmmm? I just don't buy the reason for the title of the tour is because they are afraid of the single "under performing". It's not like she necessarily have named her tours after her songs. I don't have a problem with the tour being called "The Madonna Tour", but why can't she just come up with a title either relating to her album or what not? It doesn't have to be named after her song. I'm fine with the current title. It's possible it all under wraps right now since it's not even in rehearsal stages yet.

Guest northernlad

Where Shakira leads, Madonna fol... :rotfl:

After three silly / irrelevant tour titles in a row she probably just got sick of naming them for the sake of it.

This is all probably a place holder tour theme. If MDNA has some big hits, you can be pretty sure the tour logo, poster and name will change.

Stop it. Her last tour had a name and she was with Live Nation, and the tickets went on sale right after the album.. Madonna is NOT Shakira.

Its really not. The demand for her there is so high that she'll make more money off a few stadium shows, and much quicker. Once these older big acts start using stadiums, they never go back. Look at the Rolling Stones, how long has it been since they performed in arenas?

Of course it is not shocking from a Live Nation point of view.

But MSG wasn't simply an arena, it has been a special place for Madonna fans for decades.

And if you look at what is possibly the world's second alpha city, M went back from Wembley Stadium to the O2 for S&S part II

Where Shakira leads, Madonna fol... :rotfl:

After three silly / irrelevant tour titles in a row she probably just got sick of naming them for the sake of it.

That wasn't what I said. Its not their decision anymore, its Live Nation. They decide what to call the tours and they tend to think similarly for all the acts they have under contract. Its not about leading or following, its about the same company managing them, Live Nation. If you notice, I didn't mention the past, but the current Live Nation eras for them.

Fans tend to just think of the artists and pretend like they do everything. For example, if Madonna wears something that's similar to something another star wore, what do fans do? They says "so and so copied so and so." The reality is that the stylist is the person that's responsible. Similarly, when dealing with pop stars, it's the management that is responsible for what is going on. Obviously they do value Madonna's opinion and give her creative control, but Live Nation does have the final say in everything.

Saying _______ follows _______ leads is just silly fan talk.

Stop it. Her last tour had a name and she was with Live Nation, and the tickets went on sale right after the album.. Madonna is NOT Shakira.

Her last tour had a big hit though, it was announced when 4 Minutes was already a solid hit worldwide. That's the difference. Record labels are not fans, like we are. They see things much differently. This isn't about them, but about their management. They both have the same type of contact with Live Nation. A similar example would be how people bring up Gaga when trying to see how Interscope will handle Madonna's album. Obviously people here are not comparing Gaga to Madonna. Its about the management, not them as artists.

Guest northernlad

just wait a few hours mate. we have all the venues in the list but it's right to leave to live nation to break the ground.

If you have the info you could at least divulge how many cities are included. :)

Poor Madonna is only #1 worldwide with an album that it's not even out, her Super Bowl performance was the biggest thing in tv history, her last tour was the biggest selling tour for a solo artist EVER but yeah, Live Nation doesn't let her have a title for the tour if she wants because you never know, she could FLOP! :lmao:

After all they did it with Shakira so.. :lol:

Guest northernlad

Poor Madonna is only #1 worldwide with an album that it's not even out, her Super Bowl performance was the biggest thing in tv history, her last tour was the biggest selling tour for a solo artist EVER but yeah, Live Nation doesn't let her have a title for the tour if the wants :lmao:

Clearly it was only a matter of time before Madonna fell prey to their corporate puppetry after they'd SO EASILY stripped the biggest selling female. . . Colombian artist of all time of all her choice and artistry :(

Clearly it was only a matter of time before Madonna fell prey to their corporate puppetry after they'd SO EASILY stripped the biggest selling female. . . Colombian artist of all time of all her choice and artistry :(

I know. It's all so sad.

Poor Madonna is only #1 worldwide with an album that it's not even out, her Super Bowl performance was the biggest thing in tv history, her last tour was the biggest selling tour for a solo artist EVER but yeah, Live Nation doesn't let her have a title for the tour if she wants because you never know, she could FLOP! :lmao:

After all they did it with Shakira so.. :lol:

Look, you're thinking like a fan. They are not fans, they are managing her. This is how they think. They know how much Madonna makes, which is why she has such an expensive contract. From that, they only want to go higher. They are trying to maximize the profits. Of course she's not going to have a flop tour. That's Mnation fan talk. This is how they think. If the tour title is associated with an underperforming song, it could lead to slightly lower ticket sales. If the lead single is a hit, then they want the tour title to be associated with the era. But, for Madonna, this has nothing to do with a flop tour. They know that will not happen, they want the title to be as appealing as possible to maximize the exposure and profit of the tour. The albums for Live Nation are pretty much just promo for the tour. They do not care much about the money they make from the album/single sales. For Live Nation, they try to connect EVERYTHING with the tour. That's not what labels in the past have done. Fans are blinded by the big numbers. They see $350 million and laugh, then say "its so much money that Madonna can do anything she wants." Labels see $350 million and think, "how can we get $450 million?"

The album being #1 is irrelevant because they expect it to be #1 due to M's name recognition. They are thinking of the longevity of the project at this point.

Also, obviously Shakira & Madonna are not on the same level. They are aware of that and they aware of what each of their global reach is. They have extremely detailed charts of the demographics of each of them. They are aware of what their appeal and reach is. An example of this would be how Coca Cola handles Coke & Dr Pepper. Obviously Coke is the bigger soda for them, but they do market them similarly because they are both popular sodas.

As for the Superbowl, its yet another example of them handling them similarly. Live Nation got the Superbowl for Madonna and the World Cup for Shakira. GMAYL has a football theme and Waka Waka had a soccer theme. GMAYL was performed at the Superbowl, Waka Waka was performed at the world cup.

I know that arena, and there arn't any clubs, suites, or boxes in the lower level. Only in the upper level.

Well, maybe that is why they are more $$$ if they are in the upper level where seats are normally cheaper.

I am not keen on a tour with no name, but whatever. Let's get this show on the road.