Madonna NEW ALBUM Thread: Updates and Rumours

horn

Nicki Minaj is a lucky bytch! About a million people have said they wanted to work with Madonna and she was their #1 choice of a collab, including some of the ones I mentioned above. She's the only one it's came true for!

She's also done just about every diva there is.. she's only missing a Kylie or a Whitney or Janet. I think she was meant to work with Brittany but some other bytch got the rap on the album, but she did eventually work with her in a performance, no?

http://www.facebook....5024717&sk=wall

...insiders said GMAYL will be more comercial and the rest will be deep, different sounds.... totally diferent.omg omg so excited

Madonna FansWorld

Bullshit alert! Madonna isn't going just have one commercial sounding song on her album. Certainly, she's going to have a number of songs that going to try to have a commercial/general audience feel. Even ROL had that.

It's just interesting to see who comes out of the woodwork saying they have "inside" info. The album is in the bag now. It's all about getting the cover, artwork, video and promotion together now. So these people who claim to have some "inside" info is going to look like a fool when the album is nothing like they say.

My suspicions that the album is probably going reminiscence the ROL and Like A Prayer albums.

Guest groovyguy

Bullshit alert! Madonna isn't going just have one commercial sounding song on her album. Certainly, she's going to have a number of songs that going to try to have a commercial/general audience feel. Even ROL had that.

It's just interesting to see who comes out of the woodwork saying they have "inside" info. The album is in the bag now. It's all about getting the cover, artwork, video and promotion together now. So these people who claim to have some "inside" info is going to look like a fool when the album is nothing like they say.

My suspicions that the album is probably going reminiscence the ROL and Like A Prayer albums.

I don't they are saying the album has ONLY 1 commercial song. They are just saying that GMAYL is the most commercial song on the album. Even Madonnarama said: Keep in mind that this (GMAYL) is one of the fun, radio friendly tracks and absolutely perfect for the Super Bowl. The overall album contains much more deeper and personal lyrics.

The inside info stems from the listening of the 9 tracks + 3 demos at Universal held some weeks ago.

Well, keep in mind this is the opinion of someone else. I actually don't think much of Ray of Light is that "commercial" anyway. Maybe 2-3 songs were "mainstream".

Well, keep in mind this is the opinion of someone else. I actually don't think much of Ray of Light is that "commercial" anyway. Maybe 2-3 songs were "mainstream".

You're right. ROL is less "mainstream". But do you really believe GMAYL is going to be the ONLY song with friendly mass appeal? Even ROL had more than one song that was very friendly.

I just think all these fan sites are just gathering opinions mostly by hearsay. Madonnarama and those other sites have not heard the album. Though, they come off like they have by making all these claims. I just don't buy it. Madonna is all about "commercial appeal". That's who she is. Certainly, that doesn't mean she won't produce some off the wall tracks that are very deep and possibly personal, enlightening or "out there" (IE: Mer Girl). LIKE A PRAYER was a pretty personal album, but it was a solid pop album. A lot of mass appeal.I'm betting she's shooting for something in between LAP and ROL this time around.

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2011/11/26/m-i-a-and-solveig-tweet-and-exclusive-info-on-ms-new-album/

M.I.A and Solveig Tweet + Exclusive Info on M’s New Album

Today M.I.A. tweeted about Madonna and Nicki Minaj with the following…

summond to NYC by bitchesses > MADONNA and @NICKIMINAJ > cofffffiiiiiiieeeeeeeeee it iz a good day to get me tho trustttt bitches

A few minutes later, Martin Solveig replied…

@_M_I_A_ @NICKIMINAJ swag !

This confirms that Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. have been working on Madonna’s upcoming track “Give me All Your Love” produced by Martin Solveig…

An exclusive Madonnarama addition: Minaj and M.I.A. will be featured on more than one track in Madonna’s next album, which absolutely remains electro-pop and takes a totally different direction than Hard Candy!

If they are on more then one track, its hard candy 2 ...(until I hear it)When did Madonna become David guetta with all these extra appearances on 1 album? :( she's the Queen. It should only be her. Shit man, I was so excited. I'm over it. Karma is a bitch...next time I'll just think of Gaga never working with Madonna so that they can come out wih a whole album together. Anyone else...and it had to be her. Damn man. This blows...

I'm just going to consider the leaked versions remix as the actual single cause that sounds better than all this. Excuse my bad attitude, I'm just depressed now.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

If they are on more then one track, its hard candy 2 ...(until I hear it)When did Madonna become David guetta with all these extra appearances on 1 album? :( she's the Queen. It should only be her. Shit man, I was so excited. I'm over it. Karma is a bitch...next time I'll just think of Gaga never working with Madonna so that they can come out wih a whole album together. Anyone else...and it had to be her. Damn man. This blows...

I'm just going to consider the leaked versions remix as the actual single cause that sounds better than all this. Excuse my bad attitude, I'm just depressed now.

Sounds serious. Will pray for you.

All i know is 99% of the time the first single is the strongest single off of the album. It's what will sell an album ESPECIALLY a Madonna album. All of her albums have been about the first single. If it stinks there goes interest in the album.

We keep getting these insiders claiming the rest of the album is more deep bla bla bla....the first song needs to be killer period.

!

Guest Fukujima

it's funny how she refused to work with REALLY amazing artists in the past and now she is teaming up with MIA and Nicki. Nothing against the two girls but i'd prefer an entirely solo album at this stage of her career

it's funny how she refused to work with REALLY amazing artists in the past and now she is teaming up with MIA and Nicki. Nothing against the two girls but i'd prefer an entirely solo album at this stage of her career

Oh good grief... most of her albums have been a SOLO effort. Give the woman a break. But let's also not jump to all these conclusions. I find it odd that she makes ONE album (Hard Candy) where some fans don't favor the collaboration effort, so they throw everything she did in the past out the window. In fact, EROTICA had a number of songs which had collaborations, but I don't see anyone bitching and moaning about that? Also, and I've said this before, if she was really looking to make a perfect hit record, there are far more popular and famous entertainers she could collaborate with than Nicki and M.I.A. It seems to me this is a combination of Madonna hoping to add a little more flavor to her record as well as possibly looking to generate a bit of youth appeal. Nicki and M.I.A are hardly Billboard/mainstream pop music. Yes, Nicki seems to have had more mainstream appeal lately, but a lot of that is due to her collaborations and her one song "Super Bass".

I don't believe for a second the two are all over new record as Justin and Timbaland were on HARD CANDY.

You're right. ROL is less "mainstream". But do you really believe GMAYL is going to be the ONLY song with friendly mass appeal? Even ROL had more than one song that was very friendly.

I just think all these fan sites are just gathering opinions mostly by hearsay. Madonnarama and those other sites have not heard the album. Though, they come off like they have by making all these claims. I just don't buy it. Madonna is all about "commercial appeal". That's who she is. Certainly, that doesn't mean she won't produce some off the wall tracks that are very deep and possibly personal, enlightening or "out there" (IE: Mer Girl). LIKE A PRAYER was a pretty personal album, but it was a solid pop album. A lot of mass appeal.I'm betting she's shooting for something in between LAP and ROL this time around.

Oh I definitely believe this album is going to have mass friendly appeal, after all Madonna's core has always been pop. It just gets dressed in different clothing with each album. I don't think they mean we are getting an Aphex Twin album or something unique and obscure. I do hope the rumors are true that this is something completely new for her, however I am still expecting an element of dance/pop. She's not Bjork afterall.

I'm not going to judge or bitch until I hear the complete, finished product. It's impossible for Madonna to create a "bad" album in my opinion. Sure, I have some albums I favor more than others, but at the end of the day, M always brings the energy! I'm so excited and I have complete faith that Madonna is going to blow my mind/ears/load in 2012 :asian:

Guest groovyguy

I'm not going to judge or bitch until I hear the complete, finished product. It's impossible for Madonna to create a "bad" album in my opinion. Sure, I have some albums I favor more than others, but at the end of the day, M always brings the energy! I'm so excited and I have complete faith that Madonna is going to blow my mind/ears/load in 2012 :asian:

:thumbsup:

This is the enthusiasm I like to see. I prefer to be positive about something rather negative, especially since much of what we're hearing is rumors and hearsay. While I am not extremely impressed with the demo we heard of GMAYL, I still enjoyed it and I do know that most of her demos have made a huge change by the finished product. Just look at many of the RAY OF LIGHT demos that leaked. Look how different "Broken" sounded from the acoustic demo to the more polished pumped up version. The same for "It's So Cool". Even the songs from her first album went through many reincarnations before the polished version on the album.

I think fans get stuck with the idea of how she recorded one song called "Revolver" where she pretty much sang to a completed polished demo and totally throw out everything she did before that.

Guest groovyguy

Oh I definitely believe this album is going to have mass friendly appeal, after all Madonna's core has always been pop. It just gets dressed in different clothing with each album. I don't think they mean we are getting an Aphex Twin album or something unique and obscure. I do hope the rumors are true that this is something completely new for her, however I am still expecting an element of dance/pop. She's not Bjork afterall.

On November 13, I posted the following quote:

...People who have heard the 3 other demos, as well as the 9 track listening party have said the album is very much "Like a Prayer" meets "American Life"...very emotional, dark, light hearted and cathartic.
We don't know if those websites have actually heard the songs + demo or not or they just report from what their sources tell them. Either way, we should be grateful for whatever tidbits/insider info they give us especially since they are the ones who gave us the the info on the producers, the GMAYL title and lyrics and the Superbowl news. People who think these websites are bullshitters should keep away from this thread - since most, if not all of the info we are now getting come from these websites -and just wait for Guy Oseary's official announcements on the album. Regarding the ROL album, it's so easy now to say that it is very much a commercial album because of its success but at the time it was released, how many felt it was? Even when the first single, Frozen, leaked on that Singapore Madonna website, some fans didn't like the song and thought the song was very non-commercial and it would not be successful on the chart. When people say that GMAYL is one of most radio friendly tracks off the album, it doesn't mean the rest of the album is not commercial at all. It's just an opinion. Regardless of what clothing the new album is gonna be dressed in, I agree that Madonna's core has always been pop.

Guest groovyguy

I don't understand how it can be "dark" and"emotional" and then "light-hearted" at the same time though. Do these people have problems with English?

Different tracks, different vibes. Some tracks are "dark' and "emotional"; some tracks are "light-hearted". That's what I think they are trying to say when describing the 9 tracks + 3 demos.

I don't understand how it can be "dark" and"emotional" and then "light-hearted" at the same time though. Do these people have problems with English?

Yes.. I was thinking that as well..

Unless..

the only few songs of LAP and AL I can think of as "dark" and "light hearted" at the same time are "Till Death Do Us Part" and "Mother and Father". It sounds light at first listen but if you pay attention to the lyrics and how she uses her voice at certain times in the songs, its definitely more emotional.

so maybe thats what they mean by it? :nocomment:

Guest groovyguy

Yes.. I was thinking that as well..

Unless..

the only few songs of LAP and AL I can think of as "dark" and "light hearted" at the same time are "Till Death Do Us Part" and "Mother and Father". It sounds light at first listen but if you pay attention to the lyrics and how she uses her voice at certain times in the songs, its definitely more emotional.

so maybe thats what they mean by it? :nocomment:

I like your interpretation. Yes, TDDUS and M&F, while lyrically are emotional but the sound/tune is upbeat.

What happened to it being like Like A Prayer and Ray Of Light? Anyway, at this point, let it be what it'll be.

I had the strangest dream last night where I had somehow been hanging out with Lola and when to their NYC apartment. Madonna was in the shower (the whole dream :( ) but I was with Lourdes dancing around secretly trying to record the whole apartment lol and then I wanted her to send me the videos we just recorded of us dancing around, but I went onto ITunes and tried to see the new songs and put them into my IPod. I saw other song titles ( which I can't remember right now) but I played one song and it was amazing lol. Almost like a more industrial Ray of Light.

That just gave me hope.

All I know is "dark, emotional and cathartic" were not descriptions given about Hard Candy pre album release. I really like the buzz this album is getting. This is an exciting time to be a fan, I don't think any of us know what to really expect this time around vs. last time we pretty much knew what we were gonna get. It's been said before, but I think this album is going to set the tone for the next few years for her musical career, much like ROL set the tone for her music for the next decade following nearly.

As far as the album being lighthearted and dark.....well, I think most of her albums have that juxtaposition going on. It's more prominent on some than others but even the last album which is considered mindless, hip-pop R&B by most has light hearted stuff like Candy Shop and Spanish Lesson. She gets a little deeper with DWRY and Voices. The whole COADF album has always had a dark undertone to it to me but it's still a light hearted "dance" album. Going back to LAP, there are light hearted tracks like EY and Cherish and then the darker more introspective stuff like OF and PTT.

I'm so stoked for this project!! March can't come soon enough.

All I know is "dark, emotional and cathartic" were not descriptions given about Hard Candy pre album release. I really like the buzz this album is getting. This is an exciting time to be a fan, I don't think any of us know what to really expect this time around vs. last time we pretty much knew what we were gonna get. It's been said before, but I think this album is going to set the tone for the next few years for her musical career, much like ROL set the tone for her music for the next decade following nearly.

As far as the album being lighthearted and dark.....well, I think most of her albums have that juxtaposition going on. It's more prominent on some than others but even the last album which is considered mindless, hip-pop R&B by most has light hearted stuff like Candy Shop and Spanish Lesson. She gets a little deeper with DWRY and Voices. The whole COADF album has always had a dark undertone to it to me but it's still a light hearted "dance" album. Going back to LAP, there are light hearted tracks like EY and Cherish and then the darker more introspective stuff like OF and PTT.

I'm so stoked for this project!! March can't come soon enough.

madonna.jpg