Which M's studio album has the most fillers tracks?

Sky Fits Heaven

This thread has made me realize that none of Madonna's albums have any OUTRIGHT SHIT songs on them (barring Don't Stop from BS that is unlistenable). That said, the records with the most meh songs have to be either Erotica (still love it though) or Hard Candy (still think it's despicable).

For me, it's ROL. I would be happy if the album stopped after Shanti Ashtangi. It would have been a really tight album then.

ROL is over stuffed. Has to Be should've made the official track listing.

Guest bluejean

I think all of her albums have afew filler tracks, but none stand out as having more filler than others. 'Music' has the least filler imo (and this was why she only wanted 10 tracks) and yet its far from her best album. Sometimes the filler tracks add to the flow of the album.

To use Ray Of Light as an example I would consider Shanti and Little Star to be the filler on there, but yet they are integral to the overall flow of the album and the story she is telling. I don't skip them when I listen to it as a whole.

It's the same as when you go to a live show, she could do hit after hit but it would be overkill. You need those duller moments to make the highlights really sparkle.

I think all of her albums have afew filler tracks, but none stand out as having more filler than others. 'Music' has the least filler imo (and this was why she only wanted 10 tracks) and yet its far from her best album. Sometimes the filler tracks add to the flow of the album.

To use Ray Of Light as an example I would consider Shanti and Little Star to be the filler on there, but yet they are integral to the overall flow of the album and the story she is telling. I don't skip them when I listen to it as a whole.

It's the same as when you go to a live show, she could do hit after hit but it would be overkill. You need those duller moments to make the highlights really sparkle.

I really love your posts, they are very readable. :thumbsup:

American Life... the whole album was a filler

:thumbsup:

But because it was not a commercial album then it is ART. I don't hate it but it is inferior to everything else she's done. I think it should have been called B-Sides and sold with a Deluxe version of "Music" (if they cared enough to release Deluxe versions).

Guest bluejean

This thread has made me realize that none of Madonna's albums have any OUTRIGHT SHIT songs on them

Very true. I think what's also interesting is when you hear those leaked demos its very obvious why most of those songs weren't included. Apart from Has To Be, Animal, Like A Flower and afew others most of the excluded tracks are pretty weak.

I think what's also interesting is when you hear those leaked demos its very obvious why most of those songs weren't included. Apart from Has To Be, Animal, Like A Flower and afew others most of the excluded tracks are pretty weak.

Yes! I can totally see why she left out these:

Ain't No Big Deal -> first single? No.

I Can't Forget -> very cheesy!

Gone, Gone, Gone/Revenge -> great songs, but the production is poor in comparison to other tracks from Ray of Light

Run/Like a Angel Passing Through My Room -> one word: OVERRATED

Little Girl -> don't know what to say about this

The Game -> I think think the final version is better!

Keep the Trance -> can't compete with the other tracks...

Triggering -> I freakin' love this song! But it needs a better production...I think a more elaborated version could've been a hit single!

Edited by devil-within

• 2 years later...