Madonna to perform at Super Bowl! now official!

laroux22

can't wait for the lavish productions they have to put up with...it's the biggest show in america...i hope it pushes through.. :bow:

Hi there everyone I'm new here! :)

I really hope this rumor turns out true, would be great exposure in the USA and for the new album if she plays all her cards right and really take this opportunity.

If I should suggest on a setlist, I think this one could be good for the occasion:

- 4 Minutes intro

- Express Yourself (like someone wrote on another page it's time she takes this song back from the cheap copy and it would be a great opportunity to show who is the real deal and expose the copy for the whole public finally)

Medley:

Holiday / Music / Like a Prayer (with gospel)

- NEW SINGLE (If she doesn't take the opportunity to present something new here then she's really stupid, she better close this thing with the new single)

I hope she won't do any guitar stuff, she has 15 minutes for this very important "comeback" occassion and it would be idiotic for her to blow it with boring the audience. No Hung Up/ROL/Vogue thank u! She needs to be smart here and cater to the public.

Guest groovyguy

Madonna rumoured to perform live at 2012 U.S. Superbowl

Rumours are abound that enduring singer/songwriter Madonna will perform at next year's U.S. Superbowl.

The Ray of Light star, who has a fiercely loyal gay and lesbian following, is said to be in contractual negotiations for the show at the Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis on 5 February, although the NFL is yet to confirm the report.

If true, the booking is considered one of the most high-profile entertainment slots on American television.

The Superbowl is the championship game of the National Football League – the highest level of professional American football in the USA.

Last year, Christina Aguilera fluffed the lines to the national anthem while performing at the U.S. Sperbowl.

Last month Madonna delighted fans by revealing plans to release her next studio album in the first quarter of next year.

The US star announced the news in Venice, during a premiere of her latest film project W.E – a romantic drama which focuses on the affair between King Edward VIII and American divorcée Wallis Simpson.

Guest groovyguy

anyone's seen the jokes david letterman did on his show about madonna at superbowl? exhilarating

ACT 1:

MONOLOGUE

- "Madonna will perform at the Super Bowl halftime show. I can already see the referee throwing a penalty flag for too many men on Madonna."

It's been announced that Madonna will be the entertainment at the 2012 Super Bowl. Always the professional, Ms. Madonna is already hard at rehearsal. We take a look. It looks like she's going the flapper route. She's hard at work getting the steps to the Charleston.

ACT 1:

MONOLOGUE

- "Madonna will perform at the Super Bowl halftime show. I can already see the referee throwing a penalty flag for too many men on Madonna."

It's been announced that Madonna will be the entertainment at the 2012 Super Bowl. Always the professional, Ms. Madonna is already hard at rehearsal. We take a look. It looks like she's going the flapper route. She's hard at work getting the steps to the Charleston.

and then they show video of madonna reharsing for superbowl :lmao:

Hi there everyone I'm new here! :)

I really hope this rumor turns out true, would be great exposure in the USA and for the new album if she plays all her cards right and really take this opportunity.

If I should suggest on a setlist, I think this one could be good for the occasion:

- 4 Minutes intro

- Express Yourself (like someone wrote on another page it's time she takes this song back from the cheap copy and it would be a great opportunity to show who is the real deal and expose the copy for the whole public finally)

Medley:

Holiday / Music / Like a Prayer (with gospel)

- NEW SINGLE (If she doesn't take the opportunity to present something new here then she's really stupid, she better close this thing with the new single)

I hope she won't do any guitar stuff, she has 15 minutes for this very important "comeback" occassion and it would be idiotic for her to blow it with boring the audience. No Hung Up/ROL/Vogue thank u! She needs to be smart here and cater to the public.

I agree with everything you said! The "4 Minutes" intro is a GREAT idea.Everytime I hear the "marching band" sound,I think of a football field,so that song would work perfectly for this event.

"Express Yourself" is a perfect opener and yes,Madonna can claim it back from the rip-off artist (Gaga) and show the world who did it first!

Your medley idea is fantastic! And then she launches into the new single......this is PERFECT!!

I have to post this, it's funny and freaky LOLOLOL

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/catholic-league-finds-madonna-unacceptable-for-super-bowl/

Catholic League finds Madonna unacceptable for Super Bowl

New York City, N.Y., Oct 6, 2011 / 01:58 am (CNA).- Madonna's history of religious provocation makes her unsuitable for a possible halftime stint at Super Bowl XLVI, according to Catholic League President Bill Donohue.

“The NFL would do well to drop any plans it may have about inviting Madonna to perform during the Super Bowl,” Donohue said in an Oct. 4 response to rumors of a planned performance. “For decades, Madonna has blatantly offended Christians, especially Catholics. The offensive lyrics, lewd behavior and misappropriation of sacred symbols are reason enough not to have her perform.”

“Worse, she has repeatedly mocked the heart and soul of Christianity: Jesus, Our Blessed Mother, the Eucharist and the Crucifixion.”

The sports website SB Nation reported on Oct. 3 that next February's halftime entertainment would feature the controversial pop star, who was expected to appear at the 1998 and 2000 games but ultimately did not. Neither the National Football League nor Madonna has confirmed what SB Nation heard from “sources close to the event.”

In recent years, Madonna has been more closely associated with the Jewish mystical tradition of Kabbalah than with her childhood Catholicism. On her 2006 “Confessions tour,” however, she performed one song while suspended from a mirrored cross and wearing a crown of thorns, harking back to her 1980s reputation for using Catholic imagery in a highly sexual context.

The Catholic League president said the NFL would be wise to steer clear of controversy during halftime, as it has since Janet Jackson's embarrassing 2004 “wardrobe malfunction.”

After that February 2004 incident, Donohue recalled, the football league had begun exercising more caution in its halftime entertainment choices.

“In 2004, the NFL invited 'N Sync's JC Chasez to sing during the halftime of the Pro Bowl game. When Chasez said he was going to sing his latest single, 'Some Girls (Dance with Women),' the NFL objected, citing the sexual lyrics that may offend viewers.”

At that time, Chasez agreed to sing a different song, which would have to be lyrically censored. Ultimately, Donohue recalled, “the NFL … reconsidered the propriety of having Chasez sing altogether, and decided to withdraw the invitation.”

The National Football league, Donohue reasoned, should not violate this precedent by inviting a more controversial performer than Chasez, to a much more important game than the Pro Bowl.

“Chasez may be known for some dicey lyrics, but he is chopped meat compared to Madonna,” the Catholic League president said. “If JC Chasez is unacceptable to the NFL to perform during halftime at one of its classic games, Madonna must be deemed unacceptable to perform at the Super Bowl.”

When it comes to cultural sensitivities, Donohue said the National Football League “cannot expect Catholics to be treated any different” than other groups: “There is only one playbook in this game.”

I agree with everything you said! The "4 Minutes" intro is a GREAT idea.Everytime I hear the "marching band" sound,I think of a football field,so that song would work perfectly for this event.

"Express Yourself" is a perfect opener and yes,Madonna can claim it back from the rip-off artist (Gaga) and show the world who did it first!

Your medley idea is fantastic! And then she launches into the new single......this is PERFECT!!

Aaw thank u :)

Glad someone liked my idea.

But really, I think it could work out very well if done right.

And yes, she has a brilliant moment at claiming back Express Yourself once and for all! I can't remember when she did it live last time anyways and it's a classic that most seem to like; men/women - gay and straight alike, so it would fit well for this occasion aswell I think.

So here she has a possibility at reclaim the throne, expose the copies, present her classics and also present something new to a multi-million public. It's a win-win situation for her if she does it right.

Edited by M@rtonna

Oh, that Bill Donahue- when he was dissin Stefani G, he mentioned that she didn't have the "looks and talent of her role model," so now he and the league are back to their anti-Madonna stance. :lol:

she last did Express Yourself during Re-invention Tour, and it was performed on Glee.

Glee is not a Madonna performance though.

Hm I don't remember it from Re-Invention, what version?

Anyways it would be a good opportunity in this whole "Gaga the new Madonna" craze era. Expose the rip-off!

^Come on boys, do you believe in love?" She turned "Express Yourself" into an anti-Don't-Ask-Don't-Tell anthem. :vogue: Some aren't crazy about the performance- granted, it's not as strong as the Blond Ambition performance- but I liked it fine enough.

^

So basically that answers my question that there haven't been a "real" full on performance of EY in a long time.

I'd say Super Bowl would be an amazing opportunity then, and again it would expose that copycat once and for all to the main public who might have forgotten who was FIRST.

And then some medley and then a new single.

This could be SO good for M if she does that.

RUMOUR

Fresh from rehearsal studio

These are the 12 songs on Madonna's 'longlist' at the moment -

1. Holiday

2. Get into the Groove

3. Where's the Party

4. La Isla Bonita

5. Like a Prayer

6. Express Yourself

7. Ray of Light

8. Music

9. Don't Tell Me

10. Hung Up

11. 4 Minutes to Save the World

12. Celebration

RUMOUR

Fresh from rehearsal studio

These are the 12 songs on Madonna's 'longlist' at the moment -

1. Holiday

2. Get into the Groove

3. Where's the Party

4. La Isla Bonita

5. Like a Prayer

6. Express Yourself

7. Ray of Light

8. Music

9. Don't Tell Me

10. Hung Up

11. 4 Minutes to Save the World

12. Celebration

What she's gonna perform ALL of those or those are just up for consideration?

If she doesn't perform the new single at all then she/her team is extremely stupid for letting down on a brilliant promo moment for her net material.

Out of those I still say 4 Minutes should open as an intro, then Express Yourself (to reclaim the song from Gaga and for the simple reason it's universally appreciated), some medley out of some of those ( I would drop Celebration, ROL, WTP, DTM and HU though).

She BETTER perform a new single and take this opportunity!!

Isn't this a bit far-stretched? Some single parts are alike, but not more than that.

As for BTW though that's more or less a copy of EY and many of the young public think Gaga is some sort of original, new queen of pop. Madonna should take this moment to reclaim that song and the throne.

What she's gonna perform ALL of those or those are just up for consideration?

If she doesn't perform the new single at all then she/her team is extremely stupid for letting down on a brilliant promo moment for her net material.

Out of those I still say 4 Minutes should open as an intro, then Express Yourself (to reclaim the song from Gaga and for the simple reason it's universally appreciated), some medley out of some of those ( I would drop Celebration, ROL, WTP, DTM and HU though).

She BETTER perform a new single and take this opportunity!!

Apparently someone in the studio saw it on her Blackberry or something. That's all I can say at the moment.