Madonna to perform at Super Bowl! now official!

laroux22

RUMOUR

Fresh from rehearsal studio

These are the 12 songs on Madonna's 'longlist' at the moment -

1. Holiday

2. Get into the Groove

3. Where's the Party

4. La Isla Bonita

5. Like a Prayer

6. Express Yourself

7. Ray of Light

8. Music

9. Don't Tell Me

10. Hung Up

11. 4 Minutes to Save the World

12. Celebration

Like HG said, I don't think she is rehearsing already. However, this would seem a likely candidate list. "4 Minutes" would actually be perfect for this venue, but I cannot see her rolling out Timberlake again - especially with his notorious association to the Janet fiasco. Of course, maybe they would do something cheeky to acknowledge that moment (but it would be less controversial).

"Celebration" should not be on that list at all. If she did the Benny Benassi Remix, maybe. I still don't think that song has much personality.

I think she'll do 3-4 songs. One will definitely be new.

is express yourself supposed to be a rip off from this?

cuz srsly i dn't hear it...at all

doesn't this sound like more of a sampling than anything else?...express yourself...respect yourself...it's not like Madonna was preaching this was the ultimate original anthem when she came up with this song, did she?...she even included the "respect yourself" part, didn't she?...imagine if BTW would have had the lyrics like: "don't go chasing waterfalls"...or " Express yourself, you gotta make him express himself hey hey " :lol:

Humm... won't her present the new song? It's February 05!

And if there is any other songs are probably "Ray of Light" and "Like a Prayer" - look at other events!

Like HG said, I don't think she is rehearsing already. However, this would seem a likely candidate list. "4 Minutes" would actually be perfect for this venue, but I cannot see her rolling out Timberlake again - especially with his notorious association to the Janet fiasco. Of course, maybe they would do something cheeky to acknowledge that moment (but it would be less controversial).

"Celebration" should not be on that list at all. If she did the Benny Benassi Remix, maybe. I still don't think that song has much personality.

I think she'll do 3-4 songs. One will definitely be new.

That's exactly why she would pull him out...poor blacklisted & boycotted Janet :(

Just my opinion to please the general audience:

Begin with band intro of 4 Minutes.

Short medley Into the Groove, Open Your Heart, Holiday.

Short version of Like a Prayer with choir.

MUST introduce New Single

End with Music - to leave the audience with a well known pop song and a sing along.

Guest ditaluver

Id love to see Celebration! she hasnt performed it so I KNOW she will rock it.

Holiday

Like a Prayer

Music

Hung Up

Into The Groove

Id love to see Celebration! she hasnt performed it so I KNOW she will rock it.

Well in a sense it could be nice to see since she hasn't performed it live yet, but Super Bowl performance better be treated as a serious promo strategy rather than a fan treat, if she does stuff like Celebration that people never heard and if she doesn't take the opportunity to present something new, then there's no use in this performance at all.

She better be smart here.

And Express Yourslef HAS to be one of the songs aswell!

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

I'm thinking this may work as well if she wants to perform something different other than the usual Music, ROL and Hung Up performances.

1. Like a Virgin

2. Express Yourself

3. New song

4. Like a Prayer

RUMOUR

Fresh from rehearsal studio

These are the 12 songs on Madonna's 'longlist' at the moment -

1. Holiday

2. Get into the Groove

3. Where's the Party

4. La Isla Bonita

5. Like a Prayer

6. Express Yourself

7. Ray of Light

8. Music

9. Don't Tell Me

10. Hung Up

11. 4 Minutes to Save the World

12. Celebration

These were on my shortlist + new song. DTM is the only surprise IMO. Cool. Then again... rumour.

Guest groovyguy

These were on my shortlist + new song. DTM is the only surprise IMO. Cool. Then again... rumour.

To me, the only surprise is Where's the Party.

Guest ditaluver

Well in a sense it could be nice to see since she hasn't performed it live yet, but Super Bowl performance better be treated as a serious promo strategy rather than a fan treat, if she does stuff like Celebration that people never heard and if she doesn't take the opportunity to present something new, then there's no use in this performance at all.

She better be smart here.

And Express Yourslef HAS to be one of the songs aswell!

so you dont want celebration cause people have never heard....but you want a new song that people have never heard?

either way, im going to love it

theres no doubt, no matter what she chooses, shes going to rock it.

so you dont want celebration cause people have never heard....but you want a new song that people have never heard?

either way, im going to love it

theres no doubt, no matter what she chooses, shes going to rock it.

Because the new song would be promoted as the new single from her upcoming album, it would be a huge opportunity. Performing Celebration, on the other hand, is pointless.

I don't want Madonna to perform "Celebration".It's a weak song.....a flop single that most people have never heard.If she's gonna do a song about celebrating,it should be the superior,timeless "Holiday",a song that everyone knows.

Guest ditaluver

part of madonnas magic is taking a sub par song and turning into something fucking spectacular once we see it live. WATCH NKM

what if, SHOCKER, people fucking like celebration AND the new single (if there is one) no reason why should couldnt work celebration with holiday and vice versa

how bout being a little less pessimistic and know our Lady M can rock anything she wants - and rock it well!!!!!