Madonna to perform at Super Bowl! now official!

laroux22

I hope we get fresh performances and not the S&S performances. It's been a while since we've seen ROL without a guitar, although I suspect GAYL is going to be pretty high energy so S&S version of ROL will be her "rest" so she can get through the next three numbers which will undoubtedly be high energy as well. IF she must do S&S ROL then I hope she has improved just a little on the guitar so she can show off just a little. If she can actually do it right, what better place to show off her guitar playing muscles than the Super Bowl? All the straights are bitching how they want their "real rock stars" there....so let 'em get their rock fix Madonna style. :vogue::lol:

Well ROL is difficult as well. And aren't all Superbowl's lypped anyway for technical reasons? It was already reported that Minvaj and M.I.A. went into the studio to do a "superbowl version".

I can already foresee that we will have the original version in the first week of iTunes and the Superbowl version gets released after the performance...

FYI in terms of last year's Halftime Show ratings (household ratings listed here):

The SUPER BOWL HALFTIME SHOW, featuring the Black Eyed Peas posted a 44.7/68 from 8:00 PM ET-8:30 PM ET, only -3% lower than the entire game. That's a slightly better audience retention than was delivered by recent halftimes featuring The Who in 2010 (-4%), Bruce Springsteen in 2009 (-5%) and Tom Petty in 2008 (-6%). It is the highest-rated half-time since Michael Jackson performed in 1993 (45.5).

Guest groovyguy

I hope we get fresh performances and not the S&S performances. It's been a while since we've seen ROL without a guitar, although I suspect GAYL is going to be pretty high energy so S&S version of ROL will be her "rest" so she can get through the next three numbers which will undoubtedly be high energy as well. IF she must do S&S ROL then I hope she has improved just a little on the guitar so she can show off just a little. If she can actually do it right, what better place to show off her guitar playing muscles than the Super Bowl? All the straights are bitching how they want their "real rock stars" there....so let 'em get their rock fix Madonna style. :vogue::lol:

It's not a 2-hour show. It's only 12-15 minutes. I think we will get super high energy for the whole performance, guitar or no guitar. Can't wait to see the performance with Cirque du Soleil.

I dont think she has been training the guitar lately. She barely had time to record her new album. :wacko:

Guest bluejean

If she can actually do it right, what better place to show off her guitar playing muscles than the Super Bowl? All the straights are bitching how they want their "real rock stars" there....so let 'em get their rock fix Madonna style. :vogue::lol:

Considering people bitched about Prince and his apparently "mediocre" guitar playing abilities when he played a Jimi Hendrix song at Superbowl, I can't see Madonna on guitar getting rave reviews.

Sure the average idiot will say "Didn't know she played guitar" but the music experts will be extra vocal in saying her playing is sub par. You watch.

I hate that fucking movie

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/madonna-torn-over-super-bowl-performance_1276354

Madonna Torn Over Super Bowl Performance

Madonna is having second thoughts about signing up to perform at the Super Bowl - because she fears she has taken on too much for the beginning of 2012.

The pop superstar confirmed she'd be playing the half-time show at the American football final earlier this month (Dec11) but with her directorial debut W.E. to promote, she worries that she'll be losing a lot of sleep.

She says, "I was really torn about doing Super Bowl because I thought, 'Oh God, how can I do that and promote my film at the same time. It's a little bit much.' But my manager talked me into it and I'm still punishing him for that."

Well hopefully when she releases her NEXT album there will be no film hanging over her.

:lmao:

Imagine the pressure though? tens of millions will be watching. She has her work cut out for her.

Well hopefully when she releases her NEXT album there will be no film hanging over her.

:lmao:

I know right, she is promoting that flop like there's no tomorrow but she won't do anything the week the album is out. She will be busy rehearsing.

And aren't all Superbowl's lypped anyway for technical reasons?

Some have been, at least partially. But the more recent ones have all been sung 100% live.

Edited by Msig

http://www.contactmu...ormance_1276354

Madonna is having second thoughts about signing up to perform at the Super Bowl - because she fears she has taken on too much for the beginning of 2012.

The pop superstar confirmed she'd be playing the half-time show at the American football final earlier this month (Dec11) but with her directorial debut W.E. to promote, she worries that she'll be losing a lot of sleep.

She says, "I was really torn about doing Super Bowl because I thought, 'Oh God, how can I do that and promote my film at the same time. It's a little bit much.' But my manager talked me into it and I'm still punishing him for that."

Nobody cares about your silly movie M so hush and just worry about the superbowl! ugh

I'm so fucking sick of hearing about it..it almost feels like the doom of body of evidence and all the promo going into it...all the interviews and press lasted longer than the run in theaters.

but the interviews were great!

I think I'm the only one who was a fan of the RIT version of Holiday. :shy:

i loved the RIT Holiday too. I'm one of the few who thought the Girlie Show version was a bit retarted. Loved Holiday in Virgin Tour and BA as well. Why did someone say it was bad in S&S?? didnt remember Holiday being performed since RIT??

i loved the RIT Holiday too. I'm one of the few who thought the Girlie Show version was a bit retarted. Loved Holiday in Virgin Tour and BA as well. Why did someone say it was bad in S&S?? didnt remember Holiday being performed since RIT??

I could never get tired of Holiday. Even the 2009 S&S version grew on me.

I like the rumored setlist. ROL oh well but it's something the casual fan would recognize. Vogue :thumbsup: except no mashup maybe a reinvention and Holiday :thumbsup: I woulda liked Get Together. It was one of my favorites from the Confessions Tour. Music oh well to that too. :thumbsup::thumbsup: If this is a preview of the up coming tour this is the way to get people wanting more.

Edited by pattitude

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/madonna-torn-over-super-bowl-performance_1276354

Like we care for a fucking movie. She needs to put her ass on music pronto!

Guest bluejean

Did she actually say that?

God, did Guy talk her into doing an album as well? :lmao: Imagine if the whole album is a bunch of Give Me All Your Luvin's with Masterpiece tacked on at the end :demonic:

Well, you should've released your damn movie on Dec. 9th as originally planned.

I really don't know why she keeps releasing movies/documentaries the same time as her albums.

I, too, have waited patiently for the Queen's return; however . . .

As a performing musician, I, for one, can understand her current reluctance. She has spent 3 years doing intense and exhaustive research for this film, invested millions of her own money, and put her own music career on hold to make it happen. Excuse the pun, but W.E. truly is her masterpiece. This isn't just some little vanity project. If you haven't noticed from the previews, it looks absolutely stunning. Have seen how happy she's looked at each of the premieres? Just positively GLOWING. Do any of you have any clue how incomprehensibly difficult it is to make a movie, let alone a period piece of this nature? This movie is the product of her blood, sweat, and tears over most of the last five years and is immensely important to her. She has given the last 3 decades of her life, 11 albums, and numerous HUGE hits to all of the trifling queens who are bitching about this movie.

As an artist, have you ever given absolutely everything you had to a creative project hoping that it will flourish in its own way and resonate substantively with its audience?

Well, if you haven't, I would like to kindly ask you to shut the fuck up, and as someone once wisely sang, sit your ass down.

As a performing musician, I, for one, can understand her current reluctance. She has spent 3 years doing intense and exhaustive research for this film, invested millions of her own money, and put her own music career on hold to make it happen. Excuse the pun, but W.E. truly is her masterpiece. This isn't just some little vanity project. If you haven't noticed from the previews, it looks absolutely stunning. Have seen how happy she's looked at each of the premieres? Just positively GLOWING. Do any of you have any clue how incomprehensibly difficult it is to make a movie, let alone a period piece of this nature? This movie is the product of her blood, sweat, and tears over most of the last five years and is immensely important to her. She has given the last 3 decades of her life, 11 albums, and numerous HUGE hits to all of the trifling queens who are bitching about this movie.

As an artist, have you ever given absolutely everything you had to a creative project hoping that it will flourish in its own way and resonate substantively with its audience?

Well, if you haven't, I would like to kindly ask you to shut the fuck up, and as someone once wisely sang, sit your ass down.

+ 1 :clap:

:clap:

:bow:

AMEN to that PINK ELEPHANTS... This is precisely why I am a little, but just a little, that ordinary people don't appreciate just how difficult it is to make a movie like this and recognize her for her efforts... I mean have they forgotten that there are very few women directors because the job is very hard? It takes really artistic and visionary women to direct. Every time I look at the trailer and somewhat feel that our M have finished a very good movie makes me really proud to be a fan of her. I really wish she gets some Oscar nominations at least (technical awards will do)... Not wanting a win, just a nomination is already a recognition from her peers...

It's suppose to be all about the music M. Making music is like a side job for her now :(

:clap:

Post-of-the-daycheck.jpg

Guest bluejean

I know what you are saying, but that doesn't mean we as fans have to care about the movie or blindly accept music that is sub par.

I am interested to see this movie, but nowhere near as much as an album or a tour. I want the album to be good, I think that's normal if you're a fan of a music artist.

I personally rarely watch movies at all, they bore me. I appreciate the artistic merit and time and effort put into them and I'm not going to trash the movie without even seeing it. Just because I'm a fan of her music doesn't mean I owe her any respect whatsoever and should worship every project she is involved with just because its hers. If she wants to do movies and then slap together half arsed music I'd rather she just sticks to movies really.

I can continue to enjoy the years of great music she's already done.