Madonna to perform at Super Bowl! now official!

laroux22

People are either gonna hate her or love her, but I bet they will all watch it just to criticize. At the end of the day, she's just adding another great performance to her career that another copycat can't.

Guest bluejean

I agree, she will play the guitar and it will either be Ray Of Light or Hung Up :lol:

Even though fans complain about it I personally don't mind when she does guitar. She may not be a great guitarist but it is good for her image and ALOT of people still don't even know she plays guitar. The fact is, on tour the amount of guitar playing has always been pretty minimal.

That video clip got me so angry, i can't believe some people. Attitudes stink! I can't believe the level of hate towards her in the US its shocking!! I really hope she nails it with this performace and throws it at their face! Idiots..

People are either gonna hate her or love her, but I bet they will all watch it just to criticize. At the end of the day, she's just adding another great performance to her career that another copycat can't.

well i'm glad the haters don't have the guts to speak out and all they did was honk! everyone else's answers were fair, not fan-type which i enjoyed cause it seemed more of a general public. even the guys think she deserves it so i'm happy about that.

That video clip got me so angry, i can't believe some people. Attitudes stink! I can't believe the level of hate towards her in the US its shocking!! I really hope she nails it with this performace and throws it at their face! Idiots..

the way you responded its as if everyone was nasty about her. I thought it was reasonable.. 50/50.. of course people honked because they wrote "DON'T" in a super high capitalized letters, what they first wrote seemed less readable, or maybe Im just finding excuses ;) But it seems human nature to let people know you don't like the artist opposed to liking the artist. Its easier somehow.. or more acceptable to dislike high profile commercial artists who "have it all". Its cooler to show how much you like a rock band than a female popstar.

the way you responded its as if everyone was nasty about her. I thought it was reasonable.. 50/50.. of course people honked because they wrote "DON'T" in a super high capitalized letters, what they first wrote seemed less readable, or maybe Im just finding excuses ;) But it seems human nature to let people know you don't like the artist opposed to liking the artist. Its easier somehow.. or more acceptable to dislike high profile commercial artists who "have it all". Its cooler to show how much you like a rock band than a female popstar.

I know, i refer to the negative comments in the video and i guess each to their own i suppose, everyone has their likes and dislikes but it just stings that bit more cos its about somebody i love, respect and admire but oh well :) And yes its very true, its defo much easier and 'cooler' to big up a rock band than a female popstar, yup.

i guess GMAYL song is hit made just for super bowl but it is not the song that describe new album era or album style...(i rally hope)...something like mega single and bonus track on upcoming album. in other way she ll loose a lot of respect from older fans

Madonna has ALWAYS been disrespected and even hated by American audiences throughout her career. Almost every time she has a new album coming out, people say "she's over!" Most people are afraid and uncomfortable of who she is. All we know for certain, though, is that M is going to be one of the GREATEST Super Bowl half-time acts ever! She is going to blow everyone away with another amazing and memorable performance from the Queen of Pop! We just need to route for her; we're Madonnists, afterall :bow:

The comments on Yahoo News are disgusting regarding the Superbowl article. Literally, I ran through 100 comments, and not ONE was a positive comment. They all made comments about her age, she's a whore, she's an 80s star, she doesnt belong in the supwerbowl, they are going to get beer and take a shit while she sings. etc etc etc

..Oh and i'm so overly excited that shes finally doing this!! And personally, i think these 'hits' will be more suitable for the SB (imo)

* Give Me All Your Love

* 4 Minutes

* Like a Prayer

* Music

too monster-ish

Not at all! It's not even that I'm an insecure, weak-minded gay kid needing someone to lift up my spirits. Madonna is my religion and way of life, inspiring me to live my life any way I desire. There's no comparison, so don't even bring up that ugly Madonnabe

The comments on Yahoo News are disgusting regarding the Superbowl article. Literally, I ran through 100 comments, and not ONE was a positive comment. They all made comments about her age, she's a whore, she's an 80s star, she doesnt belong in the supwerbowl, they are going to get beer and take a shit while she sings. etc etc etc

Where is this article? Link please... We have to invade this wretched article... :rant:

I was watching E! earlier today and they mentioned Madonna's performance at the Super Bowl. They supposedly had an online poll asking something like "Are you excited to see Madonna performing at next year's Super Bowl?" and a surprising amount of 74 percent answered no. Had me wondering if some little monsters had ravaged the poll, cuz that sort of response from a place like E! is kinda shocking. Even my casual fan mom was like what?

if it were Gaga or Britney performing and facing this kind of backlash ...their fans would have SWARMED :boxing::rant: the web with positive posts and rebuttals....can only guess M fans are either accostomed and/or worn out after 25 plus years of the same negative crap and criticism

Wanda 7 hours ago Why isn't an American artist doing the half time show? This is an American event........... The Cirque du Soleil is not American either.......... :lol:

GlennN ā€¢ Fountain Valley, United States ā€¢ 21 hours ago Why? She has not been good for years.

My pick? Metallica. :lol:

Kelly about an hour ago Madonna sucks! She sold 300 million records and we all know that people who are popular are bad singers. Madonna is bad! She transformed the pop industry and we all know that people who are transformative are bland and boring. We also hate madonna because she empowers women! :lol:

Guest groovyguy

http://www.drownedmadonna.com/#

Cirque du Soleil and Moment Factory Talk About Madonna and Superbowl

It was Madonna's longtime choreographer and creative director Jamie King, who recently directed the Cirque's "Michael Jackson: The Immortal Tour," to suggest to bring the Cirque du Soleil in. And the Cirque brought Moment Factory, one of their longtime collaborators, on board.

"Madonna is the leader," says Jacques Methe, the Cirque executive producer in charge of special events. "What we're doing there is contributing to the creative process that will lead to the creation of this very special moment. For us, it's an interesting opportunity. It's not something that we do very often, working with other stars."

While he hasn't spoken to Madonna himself, Eric Fournier, the executive producer at Moment Factory, said he's heard from members of his team that she's heavily involved in the planning. "From what I get, she's a very rigorous and very professional person. Very cool to work with," Fornier says. Then, asked if he's a Madonna fan, Fournier laughed. "Yeah," he said. "Who's not?"