Madonna to perform at Super Bowl! now official!

laroux22

A friend of my sisters bumped into Madonna at the Langham hotel a couple of days ago and said she looked amazing (my sisters fried complimeneted her handbag which she said was a birthday present). She ordered a Champagne cocktail. I was at my sisters house when her friend came over the day after and she didn't realise I was such a huge fan. She was just saying how great she looked and she was surprised how incognito she was. The story got me extra mega excited. There's always been something old Hollywood about Madonna. Her understated and yet undeniable presence everywhere she goes. I think this era is going to be more brilliance and I'm really excited for any live performances. Can't wait.

Guest bluejean

I sort of hoped Madonna would blow the world away and release a song so great that US radio couldn't ignore it. But unfortunately that is probably a pipe dream when it comes to US radio.

There is one positive side to this and that is that she is doing ACTUAL promotion with this single. I don't know what the figures are but I imagine the Superbowl is one of the biggest television audiences in the US?

I sort of hoped Madonna would blow the world away and release a song so great that US radio couldn't ignore it. But unfortunately that is probably a pipe dream when it comes to US radio.

There is one positive side to this and that is that she is doing ACTUAL promotion with this single. I don't know what the figures are but I imagine the Superbowl is one of the biggest television audiences in the US?

Over 100 million viewers are gonna be watching the SuperBowl.This is a golden opportunity for her to promote the new single.If she releases this song the very next day,she will have a guaranteed Top 10 smash.With Nikki Minaj on the track,there is no way that radio will ignore it,especially in the US.

RiRi is on Coldplay's latest and she could score another from her album- so it's only a matter of time in that regard. And when it happens, whoop-dee-doo.

Wonder how long they'll wait to make the official announcement, with all the fan-site buzz.

Guest bluejean

I don't think Minaj is a guarentee that US radio will play it the way Timberlake was. Although no doubt it will help.

I also think #1 is overly optimistic. Hopefully she can do it. But I'd actually prefer the album to do well overall which will require good reviews/positive press/hype about Madonna being "back."

Whatever happens, I can't see this album being a total bomb a la American Life. It could be another 'Hard Candy' with a big hit song but not really standing out. That's worst case scenario. But I think there's already too much of a positive vibe around this project for it to be a true flop. People are hungry for a new Madonna album.

Whatever happens, I can't see this album being a total bomb a la American Life. It could be another 'Hard Candy' with a big hit song but not really standing out. That's worst case scenario. But I think there's already too much of a positive vibe around this project for it to be a true flop. People are hungry for a new Madonna album.

Well, no one should get too optimistic about commercial success. This new album is coming out in the spring and unless you are Gaga, you barely break platinum these days. I do hope she gets to 1 million in the U.S. though.

While I'm inclined to think that the days of Madonna ruling the Billboard charts are over, I'm always reluctant to count her out. It's usually when expectations are low and people have written her off that she comes back stronger than ever. I want her to wipe the floor with the competition and leave people in no doubt that she's the one and only Queen. I want this new album to explode like no other Madonna album has. Sadly, I don't think it's gonna happen.

A friend of my sisters bumped into Madonna at the Langham hotel a couple of days ago and said she looked amazing (my sisters fried complimeneted her handbag which she said was a birthday present). She ordered a Champagne cocktail. I was at my sisters house when her friend came over the day after and she didn't realise I was such a huge fan. She was just saying how great she looked and she was surprised how incognito she was. The story got me extra mega excited. There's always been something old Hollywood about Madonna. Her understated and yet undeniable presence everywhere she goes. I think this era is going to be more brilliance and I'm really excited for any live performances. Can't wait.

Lucky girl !

A sure #1

imo not even top 10 is definite cuz unlike 4 minutes this song will mostly depend on madonna

nicki never had a #1 single and i think only 2 of the 20+ songs she's featured on were top 10

her chart strength is no where near timbaland/timberlake

Guest FrozenEyes

So this news about the lead single with Madonna shacking up with rappers again is true?? :manson:

I like Nikki, but come on Madonna stop trying to be cool. I would have thought Hard Candy would be a good lesson. If it's true, I'm a little disappointed in her. Madonna's best when she's on her own. Her catalogue clearly shows that. But I'll wait to judge it because even if it is true, still could be some really great music.....

imo not even top 10 is definite cuz unlike 4 minutes this song will mostly depend on madonna

nicki never had a #1 single and i think only 2 of the 20+ songs she's featured on were top 10

her chart strength is no where near timbaland/timberlake

This new song will be her #1 the long-awaited 13th....just as long as her team don't screw up.

So this news about the lead single with Madonna shacking up with rappers again is true?? :manson:

I like Nikki, but come on Madonna stop trying to be cool. I would have thought Hard Candy would be a good lesson. If it's true, I'm a little disappointed in her. Madonna's best when she's on her own. Her catalogue clearly shows that. But I'll wait to judge it because even if it is true, still could be some really great music.....

Madonna needs these rappers to get USA hits. So good on her. Even the new song title screams "give me a hit".

Guest groovyguy

http://twitter.com/#!/WilliamOrbit

Working on a track with @st_vincent and Emile Haynie thatÂ’s tingling every socket of my spine

4 Sep

St Vincent is another rumoured guest musician on the album - when quizzed about the possible collaboration by NME this week she remained tight lipped but confessed to being a big Madonna fan. NME Music News.

Madonna is set to have three music guests on the SuperBowl stage, and supposedly two of them are the new single's guest singers mentioned above.

The third music guest is St. Vincent?

Guest groovyguy

Who is St. Vincent and why should I be excited?

An American multi-instrumentalist and singer-songwriter. She plays the guitar, bass, piano, and organ, and her music also often features violins, cellos, flutes, trumpets, clarinets, and other instruments. Her unorthodox musical style has been characterized by critics as a mixture of chamber rock, pop, indie rock, and cabaret jazz.

I love St. Vincent! But I'm not sure how her more indie rock sound is going to fit in with a pop/dance album. If she's on the record, it will be interesting to say the least.