Madonna to perform at Super Bowl! now official!

laroux22

Hmmm... Nicki Minaj is a Madge fan. But, maybe it could turn out alright, if it doesn't have a "typical" production sound. I'd like a memorable first single- "4 Minutes" served its purpose fine, but other than that...

For me, "Waiting" was Madonna's best hip-hop moment.

Guest northernlad

Give Me All Your Love, you know what would compliment that - OPEN YOUR HEART. :wow:

Make it happen Madonna.

Or at least reclaim another sidelined (!) classic.

Hmmm... Nicki Minaj is a Madge fan. But, maybe it could turn out alright, if it doesn't have a "typical" production sound. I'd like a memorable first single- "4 Minutes" served its purpose fine, but other than that...

For me, "Waiting" was Madonna's best hip-hop moment.

I'm a bit curious (if true) to see how Nicki is included. I'm not really a fan of her music. Though she does have a few decent songs. I like the song she did with WILL-I.A.M.Also when she just sings, she sounds decent. Though, I'm sure she'll be featured more as the rapper on M's track(s). She's very popular right now within the R&B and hip hop world... even though she hasn't had a huge huge Pop hit. But it's not uncommon for Madonna to use less obscure artists like M.I.A to come up with an edgy different sound to bring into the mainstream.

ok, it will be: Holiday, Where´s the party, Music, and 4 minutes (Glee version) plus the new song

Where's The Party would fit perfectly. Wish she would perform that again on tour in a party section of the tour, but I doubt she will perform that at the Super Bowl when there are far more popular songs in her catalog people would recognize.

All of the Super Bowl buzz happened a lot earlier than when they usually announce the halftime act, didn't it? And if it's officially confirmed soon, still pretty early to make an official announcement. But, when it's MADONNA, all bets are off in terms of standard practice. :demonic:

All of the Super Bowl buzz happened a lot earlier than when they usually announce the halftime act, didn't it? And if it's officially confirmed soon, still pretty early to make an official announcement. But, when it's MADONNA, all bets are off in terms of standard practice. :demonic:

Well she's a big act. It's probably hard to keep something like that under wraps once a deal is made. Though, I don't think the "buzz" is as big as it is in the world of Madonna fans. I don't think many people know or care at this point who is performing. I'd think her fan base are the majority who know this. I suspect the buzz has just begun. The network airing Super Bowl will probably make a big deal throughout January regarding their half-time act. I'm sure it will rival the attention Michael Jackson got when they first started using known entertainers for their half-time performances.

EXCUSE ME. DID I READ CORRECTLY. THE NEW SINGLE WILL BE A FEATURE?

Yep,the new single "Give Me All Your Love" features Nikki Minaj and MIA ;) All three of them will debut this track at the Super Bowl.

New York Post Updated: Thu., Oct. 27, 2011, 6:08 PM

Madonna teaming up with MIA and Nicki Minaj

Last Updated: 6:08 PM, October 27, 2011

Posted: 6:07 PM, October 27, 2011

Madonna has lined up serious female star power for her upcoming single -- both MIA and Nick Minaj will appear on the track. The three could even perform it at the Super Bowl.

Sources tells the Web site MadonnaTribe.com that nine tracks off Madge's new album are already complete, and that the first single -- starring MIA and Minaj -- has already been chosen. The album will be released in spring of 2012 and will have a "pop dance" vibe. It is being produced by William Orbit, who worked with Madonna on "Ray of Light," along with French DJ Martin Solveig and Italian house music afficionado Benny Banassi.

Earlier this month, it was announced that Madonna would play the Super Bowl XLVI halftime show on Feb 5., although there is no word yet on what exactly she will perform. Perhaps Madge, MIA and Minaj can do an homage to Madonna's Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera three-way kiss back at the 2003 MTV Video Music Awards.

Madonna's still-untitled album will be her 12th and judging by her recent comments, she's no doubt excited to get back to her area of expertise -- music. Her movie, "W.E.," is receiving heavy criticism.

"I love writing," the Material Girl said of the movie. "Directing, I also love. The whole process has been extremely inspiring and exhausting. I've never worked so hard in my life."

(NEW YORK POST)

As much as I'm excited to hear new Madonna music, I can't deny that this news has left me feeling a tad queasy! What is her obsession with appealing to younger audiences, like seriously?! Your coming up for sixty sweetie, be content with your already huge fanbase, don't go hiring the current 'it' stars to bring in a few more. We get it, you look fab for your age but Jesus, if I have to see you flashing your clunge on every continent again I swear I will forever lose respect for you. This is going to be Hard Candy Part Two and that is not a good thing. Okay, 4 Minutes was a hit, but it wasn't an M record. The whole shtick was barely passable then, fast forward four years and it's just going to look desperate now. The barely legal boyfriends, the ever so 'trendy' musical directions, the ever expanding hamster cheeks. What is her obsession with youth!! Why not just celebrate getting older and supposedly wiser. It's funny, Michael Jackson seemed obsessed with recapturing his youth and look what happened there, and I'm sooooooo not ready for seeing Madge doing Superbowl in diapers!

I like Nicki Minaj in spite of whatever I say here, certainly more than Justina anyway but HONESTLY. This was supposed to be Madonna's BIG COMEBACK SONG to remind everyone why she is the FIRST and the BEST. Does she really need the flavor of the month rent-a-rapper AGAIN? Does she really need to go where Mariah went 2 years ago? I mean honestly. What happened to her fucking integrity. If she MUST have a rapper, why not choose someone who hasn't worked with Rihanna, Britney, Kanye, Drake and EVERYONE IN THE FUCKING INDUSTRY. Jesus Christ.

I like Nicki Minaj in spite of whatever I say here, certainly more than Justina anyway but HONESTLY. This was supposed to be Madonna's BIG COMEBACK SONG to remind everyone why she is the FIRST and the BEST. Does she really need the flavor of the month rent-a-rapper AGAIN? Does she really need to go where Mariah went 2 years ago? I mean honestly. What happened to her fucking integrity. If she MUST have a rapper, why not choose someone who hasn't worked with Rihanna, Britney, Kanye, Drake and EVERYONE IN THE FUCKING INDUSTRY. Jesus Christ.

100 % AGREE

I'm gonna be bluntly honest here: Without a "hot" guest artist,a new Madonna single will flop in America.No pop radio station in the US would play a new single by a 63-year old lady,unless it was a collaboration with a younger,hotter artist."Hung Up" barely made the Top 10 in America and the three follow-up singles went nowhere.Madonna needs the first single to be HUGE,so she has to use the heavy artillery and pull out all the stops.She's on a new label,she's starting a new era...she HAS to do what she can to get people's attention.Call me crazy,but I like seeing Madonna in the Top 10.

Most likely,the follow-up singles won't have guest stars,but for the first single,guest artists will help her get airplay.

It's gonna be a PINK SUNDAY!! Madonna, M.I.A. and Minaj all together on one stage. Three strong minded women projecting all that p*ssy power onto that testosterone soaked audience is gonna be a sight. :lol:

I'm gonna be bluntly honest here: Without a "hot" guest artist,a new Madonna single will flop in America.No pop radio station in the US would play a new single by a 63-year old lady,unless it was a collaboration with a younger,hotter artist."Hung Up" barely made the Top 10 in America and the three follow-up singles went nowhere.Madonna needs the first single to be HUGE,so she has to use the heavy artillery and pull out all the stops.She's on a new label,she's starting a new era...she HAS to do what she can to get people's attention.Call me crazy,but I like seeing Madonna in the Top 10.

Most likely,the follow-up singles won't have guest stars,but for the first single,guest artists will help her get airplay.

Well Hung up and the whole confessions era was much more successful than HC , and M still has a lot of fans

seriously, some people here need to take that enema off their asses! it's preventing oxygen from entering!

Love it how Madonna doesn't seem to give a damn on uptight fans who want more Like a Prayer or Ray of light...I mean damn!, Eminem goes whoring every other artist out there and getting so many awards and you want Da Biggest Pimp on Pop Music History to become another Michael Jackson feeling himself so almighty as to giving us the same shit over and over and thinking because it's him we will just eat it out?...duh!...and haven't u people stopped to think that she might just happened to include those 2 ladies specially because of this Superbowl thing?, I mean, it's not like the new generations have any respect towards her(like kids defying their parents taste in Music and their heros) and there are plenty of youngsters that follow that game and would just turn on to another channel or go wanking instead of giving themselves a nice chance to meet Da Legend of Lengeds Alive...and sorry, but i do not think someone like her would stick to another Hard Candy episode, she's not retarted for G-d's sake!...give her some credit for all these soon 30 years !...

Give me some love

please don't hesitate

it's not a fuzzy dream

give me some love...yeeeah

:lmao::vogue:

Edited by deltax

She's 53. Did you miss the correct number on your key board?

I agree. Totally. Madonna still sells but she no longer sets the US Singles Charts on fire. I just don't understand why she cares so much. She has nothing left to prove to anyone and I would rather she puts out an incredible 'Madonna' single and it bomb than a second rate Madonna/Rhianna/Minaj/Timbaland cut that just makes her look sad. Whoever pushes her or advises her towards these things needs shooting! Nobody is going to hear a Madge/Minaj single and think, hey Madonna rocks, they're going to think the same thing they did when 4 Minutes came out which was largely 'catchy tune but meh'. Sounds like EVERYTHING else going on right now. Madonna used to set trends, not follow them and her eagerness to align herself with these 'hot' acts just further highlights how far she has slipped. Instead of rising above it and saying 'this is what I do', she's cheapening herself by saying 'this is what I now NEED to do' while I struggle to remind people that I'm still here! I think people would respect her more if she did what she wants to do as opposed to what she feels she needs to do to make good on all that money Live Nation gave her.

It's gonna be a PINK SUNDAY!! Madonna, M.I.A. and Minaj all together on one stage. Three strong minded women projecting all that p*ssy power onto that testosterone soaked audience is gonna be a sight. :lol:

:lmao: can envision men of different ages suspiciously hiding their hands on their pockets with holes!... :lmao:

seriously, some people here need to take that enema off their asses! it's preventing oxygen from entering!

Love it how Madonna doesn't seem to give a damn on uptight fans who want more Like a Prayer or Ray of light...I mean damn!, Eminem goes whoring every other artist out there and getting so many awards and you want Da Biggest Pimp on Pop Music History to become another Michael Jackson feeling himself so almighty as to giving us the same shit over and over and thinking because it's him we will just eat it out?...duh!...and haven't u people stopped to think that she might just happened to include those 2 ladies specially because of this Superbowl thing?, I mean, it's not like the new generations have any respect towards her(like kids defying their parents taste in Music and their heros) and there are plenty of youngsters that follow that game and would just turn on to another channel or go wanking instead of giving themselves a nice chance to meet Da Legend of Lengeds Alive...and sorry, but i do not think someone like her would stick to another Hard Candy episode, she's not retarted for G-d's sake!...give her some credit for all these soon 30 years !...

Give me some love

please don't hesitate

it's not a fuzzy dream

give me some love...yeeeah

:lmao::vogue:

:lmao::thumbsup: