Madonna to perform at Super Bowl! now official!

laroux22

Guest bluejean

If push comes to shove and people fire Madonna for being LEGENDARY enough, they can always bring over Kylie and her fountains. EVERYONE will enjoy THAT,

:wacko:

[quote name=M!chael :D' date='10 October 2011 - 10:43 AM' timestamp='1318261396' post='1144987]

Exclusive setlist preview

1. Incredible

2. Push

3. Don't Stop (oldie but goodie)

4. 12 second preview of new single

5. Mother and Father (encore)

:confused:

If push comes to shove and people fire Madonna for being LEGENDARY enough, they can always bring over Kylie and her fountains. EVERYONE will enjoy THAT,

Yes! Our Queen Kylie will own the Super Bowl stage! Madonna, who is too old and too irrelevant, shouldn't perform at the Super Bowl because she hasn't dyed her hair in forever, and refuses to change it up. Queen Kylie, however, just did that. She's such a LEGEND and an ICON.

:madgemanson:

Yes! Our Queen Kylie will own the Super Bowl stage! Madonna, who is too old and too irrelevant, shouldn't perform at the Super Bowl because she hasn't dyed her hair in forever, and refuses to change it up. Queen Kylie, however, just did that. She's such a LEGEND and an ICON.

:madgemanson:

Madonna can only be saved if she wears CLOWN DRAG and is more like TAKE THAT

Madonna can only be saved if she wears CLOWN DRAG and is more like TAKE THAT

Don't forget RedOne! She has to work with RedOne in order to be accepted by the younger generation.

As well as look as great as this QUEEN.

mamie-van-dorn-02242011-03.jpg

Aphrodite Les Folies is getting a US DVD/Bluray release (11/29), I don't think that's been mentioned in Flop Princess. :thumbsup:

Well it would be perfect timing if she performs at Superbowl. I'm sure it will be a smash seller in the USA :rotfl:

Let's face it, 3D TV is only like the 17th best technology invention of the 21st century ever :wow:

2dv0776jpg.gif

Seriously...the next revolutionary invention will only come in like 20 years when...

Chair is already dead

Lady GaGa is called too old for the show buisness

Madonna is in retirement

and Willow Smith and Justin Bieber are in rehab

:electropop:

Edited by devil-within

Not sure if this was posted, but in Entertainment Weekly's "The Bullseye"- which appears on the very last page- it has a pic of M with the following text:

Reports say Madonna may perform at Super Bowl halftime show. "I wonder what else is on TV right now," will say every straight man in America.

:grr: but also kinda :lmao:

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/10/26/madonna-beats-lady-gaga-to-perform-at-super-bowl-2012-115875-23515087/

Madonna beats Lady Gaga to perform at Super Bowl 2012

HAPPY days in the Madonna household, my source says.

At the third time of trying, the Material Girl Gran has landed the biggest gig of her life – performing at the US Super Bowl.

Madge, 53, will headline the annual NFL match on February 5, following in the footsteps of the Black Eyed Peas, the Rolling Stones, Michael Jackson and Justin Timberlake.

It seems Madge has snatched the coveted spot from her young rival Lady Gaga, 25.

Fresh from the London premiere of W.E., Madge is again focusing on her music.

My source says: “When Madonna heard Gaga was in the frame, she knew she had to step up her efforts. She is going to deliver the kind of show never before seen in NFL history.”

Madge 1 Gaga 0.

:bad:

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

Gaga showed no interest in performing at the Superbowl, there goes the british tabloids again making up bullshit stories.

I guess the new "in thing" is to keep comparing Gaga and Madonna, to me it's such a stupid comparison, Madonna has a 30 year legacy and Gaga is still relatively a new artist. Also I highly doubt Madonna is feeling pressure to deliver because of Gaga. Madonna is an artist who has seen countless of pop singers being labeled the "new madonna" and she has outlasted them all, she isn't threatened by anyone.

For someone who thinks GUY WILLIAMS (??) is a legend you sure are denying Madonna her rightful status. You are obviously a troll here to stir shit. She is one of the last people EVERYONE accepts as a legend.

As I said in another room in this forum, I think Live It Up is high most of the time with the shite he comes out with.

Any performance which exposes her to "non" fans is a good thing. Take two examples, Live 8 and Live Earth. She was appluaded all over the media for her fantastic performances at both these events (and Live 8 was during one of her "unpopular" periods). With the right songs and right performance, Madonna captivates an audience and reminds people why she is where she is and why she has been there so long.

And then this site reports what Liz R. said when the rumors started. A tad late on this one.

Madonna to play Super Bowl show?

By WENN.COM

Last Updated: October 26, 2011 5:13am

Madonna's publicist has fuelled rumours the singer is gearing up to play the 2012 Super Bowl Halftime Show by refusing to confirm or deny the reports.

The Material Girl is said to be joining the list of fabled performers to headline the big game's mid-point spectacular, according to sports blog SB Nation.

Her representative, Liz Rosenberg, has increased the speculation by telling Billboard.com she would neither "confirm or deny" the rumours.

Madonna previously agreed to play the Super Bowl in 2000 but was forced to pull out due to a scheduling conflict.

The pop icon will be in good company if she plays Super Bowl XLVI in Indiana next February, following in the footsteps of artists including Tom Petty,

Aphrodite Les Folies is getting a US DVD/Bluray release (11/29), I don't think that's been mentioned in Flop Princess. :thumbsup:

Yes and I am so buying it on Tuesday and have Kylie night :wow:

The tour in BluRay :inlove:

Gaga showed no interest in performing at the Superbowl, there goes the british tabloids again making up bullshit stories.

I guess the new "in thing" is to keep comparing Gaga and Madonna, to me it's such a stupid comparison, Madonna has a 30 year legacy and Gaga is still relatively a new artist. Also I highly doubt Madonna is feeling pressure to deliver because of Gaga. Madonna is an artist who has seen countless of pop singers being labeled the "new madonna" and she has outlasted them all, she isn't threatened by anyone.

I agree that the press is just trying to create fan wars here and are so desperate for a public comment of both Madonna and lady gaga, but why would gaga not want to perform at the superbowl? has she ever said that? because then I think shes a big hypocrite. I wouldnt be surprised if superstars are trying to do anything to perform there, its the best way to promote the work as a performer. literally hundreds of millions of people are watching. instead of doing 10 or 20 shows they can just perform once at the superbowl and its probably enough to make the sales of a new record or single go to sky high.