Madonna to perform at Super Bowl! now official!

laroux22

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

Madonna hasn't performed Vogue in a while? :blink:

tumblr_llm774f0tq1qezxsoo1_500.gif

LOL complete fail on my part, for some reason I forgot she did on the S&S tour and was thinking Re-invention was the last she did it.

I guess I like to think S&S never really happened. :lol:

Guest Not4Pussies

yeah, but live 8 (2004 RIT, 2005 Live8) and Live Earth was 2007, confessions was 2006, Sticky and Sweet 2008/09 Superbowl 2012??

yeah i know thats why im hoping she creates a completely new performance

I doubt that she will create any new performance. She will probably just slighty modify something already done and obviously change the wardrobe. I think the final 3 to 4 songs performed will come from this short list:

1. Holiday

2. Into the Groove

3. Ray of Light (she did it on Live 8 and Live Earth already)

4. Music (she did it on Live 8)

5. Celebration

6. New Single

I don't think EY, LAP and HU would be very appropriate and she probably won't perform them anyway. These songs short listed are the usual crowd pleasers with the exception of Celebration which I can easily see as a show finale on her next tour.

If I could pick the songs and performances (assuming that she will just use something she's done before), it would go like this:

1. Holiday (TGS version with the huge American Flag, marching band, and the navy motif which would be very appropriate since the Super Bowl is, dare I say, almost patriot... )

**** Marching band plays 4 Minutes intro while she strips her peacoat

2. Vogue (S&S version, I know any fan has seen that performance but the majority of the 100 million in the audience have not... and remember the first time you saw it?? The whole world needs to witness that)

**** In the end, when she's singing "let your body move the music," have it repeat the word "music" a few times and then start playing

3. Music (DWT version)

**** "Thank You, Indiana/America/Whatever," darkness on stage, suspense

4. Encore: New Single

**** Available on iTunes on pre-sale, release it on the following Tuesday to maximize positioning on the charts... :lmao:

Never gonna happen, but it's perfect in my dreams.

Edited by IslandBreeze

I doubt that she will create any new performance. She will probably just slighty modify something already done and obviously change the wardrobe. I think the final 3 to 4 songs performed will come from this short list:

1. Holiday

2. Into the Groove

3. Ray of Light (she did it on Live 8 and Live Earth already)

4. Music (she did it on Live 8)

5. Celebration

6. New Single

I don't think EY, LAP and HU would be very appropriate and she probably won't perform them anyway. These songs short listed are the usual crowd pleasers with the exception of Celebration which I can easily see as a show finale on her next tour.

If I could pick the songs and performances (assuming that she will just use something she's done before), it would go like this:

1. Holiday (TGS version with the huge American Flag, marching band, and the navy motif which would be very appropriate since the Super Bowl is, dare I say, almost patriot... )

**** Marching band plays 4 Minutes intro while she strips her peacoat

2. Vogue (S&S version, I know any fan has seen that performance but the majority of the 100 million in the audience have not... and remember the first time you saw it?? The whole world needs to witness that)

**** In the end, when she's singing "let your body move the music," have it repeat the word "music" a few times and then start playing

3. Music (DWT version)

**** "Thank You, Indiana/America/Whatever," darkness on stage, suspense

4. Encore: New Single

**** Available on iTunes on pre-sale, release it on the following Tuesday to maximize positioning on the charts... :lmao:

Never gonna happen, but it's perfect in my dreams.

On the contrary, if she's going on tour, which we know she is, it is likely these would be new performances that would be used in the new tour.

vogue S&S would work great at the super bowl

maybe she'll do Holiday S&S with more of Celebration in it

My guess:

Holiday Sticky & Sweet Tour version + Music + New Song

Am I the only one who wants controversy? A big fuck you to the conservative american society, I wanna see her fucking Jesus right there in the middle of the stage.

Jesus?

thats yesterday dude. its all about Barain or whatever the fuck his name is. horny.gif

Am I the only one who wants controversy? A big fuck you to the conservative american society, I wanna see her fucking Jesus right there in the middle of the stage.

:lol: After what happened to Janet Jackson,Madonna's gotta play it safe.The one thing she doesn't need is a Janet-styled Super Bowl backlash,lol.

Yeah, definitely respected as one of their greatest living legends (hence move to England and accent was damaging).. even if the records aren't bought in huge records, she always has huge media presence regardless, fascinated by her everyday moves.

For Americans otherwise, I've been told she's widely considered an old slut there. I suppose Sex permanently damaged her there than anywhere else - hence a quickie repair album with Babyface to recapture the heartland.

Did you see the Pyjama party?

Guest DJ_EffremAdams

She's probably gonna open up with "Vogue" or "Express Yourself", and end off with "4 Minutes feat Justin Timberlake" :lmao:

NPR

Madonna At The Super Bowl: 7 Songs We Hope She Plays

by Ann Powers

gettyimages_85225534_wide.jpg

She's tough enough. Here Madonna is on stage during the Blonde Ambition tour in 1990.

Blockbuster entertainment just got better, or at least could be for at least one 30-minute stretch in February. After two years of Super Bowl halftime performances that earned mostly boos — The Who's faltering attempt to rock out in 2009 and The Black Eyed Peas' typically ADHD-inducing routine in 2010 — a take-charge woman might be moving in to tidy up the place. Nothing has been confirmed yet, but Madonna is reportedly in talks with the NFL to play the halftime show.

Doubters might question Madonna's ability to be family-friendly, or the wisdom in bringing her estrogen-powered hits into a testosterone-fueled environment like Indianapolis's Lucas Oil Stadium. But Madonna was born (or self-invented, anyway) to play the Super Bowl.

Our Lady of Platinum and Corsets is the most competitive player in the history of American music — an up-by-the-bra-straps Horatio Alger who's consistently worked to have the biggest crossover hits, the most elaborate tours, the most attention-getting videos and the tightest abs in pop. Since the 1980s, she's eaten steamed vegetables out of Tupperware to stay in fighting form when she could have dined on caviar every night. And she loves sports!

Sure, Madonna's taste runs to athletic pursuits that aren't the most conventional: parkour, yoga, feminist boxing. But her fighting spirit will serve her well on that awkward mid-field stage, making her appearance the most Super Bowl-appropriate in years. Here's a playlist of Madonna songs that would perfectly fit the halftime show.

Madonna Super Bowl Playlist Wishlist

Holiday

One day a year Americans come together to eat chips and dip, drink carbonated beverages and yell at a television. In these divided times, it's important to cling to our secular holidays, and Madonna's 1983 hit sets the mood.

Borderline

Football is a sport of lines, border and otherwise. As we cheer for every first down, this 1984 classic will help the Packers and the Patriots (or the Redskins and the Chargers, or....you tell me) keep on pushing.

Keep It Together

Sports is more exciting when things start to fall apart. That doesn't always happen in the Super Bowl. Mismatches and flat-out slaughters are common. On the off chance that this is a competitive, exciting game, we recommend this funk cut from Madonna's groundbreaking 1989 album Like A Prayer, which is a great rallying cry for an ace team under stress.

This Used to Be My Playground

It's highly doubtful that Madonna will perform any ballads during her possible Indianapolis extravaganza. If she should choose to bring the mood down for a minute, though, an excerpt from this 1992 ballad would be quite appropriate. It's the theme song from her own sports movie — the femme baseball biopic A League of Their Own -- and, with its wistful tone, captures the melancholy, Friday Night Lights side of the gridiron.

Ray of Light

"And I feel like I just got home ..." Madonna's 1998 ode to yoga bliss may seem a bit hippie-dippy for end zone dances, but with William Orbit's intelligent dance beats behind her, Madge transforms a meditation on self-acceptance into a kick-ass rallying cry. I want to see somebody do a touchdown dance to this.

The video for this inspirational track from the 2006 album Confessions on a Dance Floor features parkour, the French street dance/sport that Madge also incorporated into her subsequent tour. Running backs might consider some of the moves invented by these streetwise Euro dudes to get through the line.

Inviting Justin Timberlake to cameo during a Super Bowl spectacle is certainly a risk. But Madonna's not one to brook any slips, nipple or otherwise (in the video, Justin relieves Madge of nothing more than a harmless belt). And what more could a pigskin-preoccupied American want than a game in which any given four minutes really matter? Bring it!

She's probably gonna open up with "Vogue" or "Express Yourself", and end off with "4 Minutes feat Justin Timberlake" :lmao:

I doubt that they would even allow Justin Timberlake anywhere near the Super Bowl....lol...if she performs "4 Minutes",she may have to use another male vocalist.