Madonna to perform at Super Bowl! now official!

laroux22

Lowers herself? The performers from 2005-2010 ere all Rock Hall of Famers- and past performers also were HOF acts. Of course, some years featured acts who are not nor probably will not be considered for the HOF, but doing the halftime show hardly something to frown down on.

I agree. I think it was inevitable that she would do the Super Bowl some day. And who knows, maybe she'll be the first one to make it "cool." ;)

Guest groovyguy

MADONNA TO PERFORM AT SUPER BOWL?

October 4, 2011

Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on reports that the NFL may invite Madonna to perform during Super Bowl XLVI:

The NFL would do well to drop any plans it may have about inviting Madonna to perform during the Super Bowl. Here's why.

In 2004, the NFL invited 'N Sync's JC Chasez to sing during the halftime of the Pro Bowl game. When Chasez said he was going to sing his latest single, "Some Girls (Dance with Women)," the NFL objected, citing the sexual lyrics that may offend viewers (at the time, the NFL was still receiving flak over the Justin Timberlake-Janet Jackson Super Bowl controversy). The NFL then asked Chasez to sing "Blowin' Me Up (With Her Love)" instead. Chasez agreed to do so. Then the NFL decided that the singer had to drop the lyrics "horny" and "naughty" from the song. Again, Chasez acceded to the request. The NFL then reconsidered the propriety of having Chasez sing altogether, and decided to withdraw the invitation (he was offered to sing the national anthem, but declined).

The NFL cannot expect Catholics to be treated any different. Chasez may be known for some dicey lyrics, but he is chopped meat compared to Madonna. For decades, Madonna has blatantly offended Christians, especially Catholics. The offensive lyrics, lewd behavior and misappropriation of sacred symbols are reason enough not to have her perform. Worse, she has repeatedly mocked the heart and soul of Christianity: Jesus, Our Blessed Mother, the Eucharist and the Crucifixion.

If JC Chasez is unacceptable to the NFL to perform during halftime at one of its classic games, Madonna must be deemed unacceptable to perform at the Super Bowl. There is only one playbook in this game.

I think people will boo if she decides to stand still behind a guitar. It's 15 minutes, make it exciting.

yeah, she needs to be very careful with what the does during the Superbowl. This is not a typical music loving crowd that she's used to. These are football fans that are there to watch a football game. The last thing she needs is to get booed.

1) Holiday

2) Like A Prayer

3) New Song

Would be safe, fun and effective.

Guest FrozenEyes

BoyCulture

Madonna is not bullshitting around with this next album—she'll reportedly play the Super Bowl on February 5, where she'll likely debut a fresh single. Which requires her to ingratiate herself to sports fans, perform new material for the very first time live AND be in Indiana, all challenges.

Why is being in Indiana a challenge? :lol:

Guest FrozenEyes

I don't think he should be representative of the entire state. And to be honest, I live a state over, so it most likely is pretty boring. It is the midwest after all. :lol:

what did straight pple think of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMTN774MJbk

Amazing :inlove:

If this happens I have no doubt that Music will be on the setlist. Not sure hat else. Maybe Into The Groove or Holiday. I hope she doesn't do anything dumb like a rendition of Imagine......

If rumor is not true about Madonna then Kylie would be a good draw for the Superbowl crowd :confessions:

If rumor is not true about Madonna then Kylie would be a good draw for the Superbowl crowd :confessions:

Yup, this is perfect for the Superbowl:

Yup, this is perfect for the Superbowl:

:drool:

mmmm perfect everything!!!!

NOW THAT would be the ULTIMATE Superbowl show. I know I would actually sit and be mesmerized.

:drool:

mmmm perfect everything!!!!

NOW THAT would be the ULTIMATE Superbowl show. I know I would actually sit and be mesmerized.

You know, it would actually be fun to watch how those testosterone-filled fans respond to Kylie :lmao:

Perfect :wow:

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

LOL @ people thinking that pop dolly Kylie would be perfect for the superbowl, if the crowd was a bunch of middle aged gays then maybe, but even then they would prefer Madonna.

Poor Kylie and her LES FAGGOTS eeer sorry FOLIES tour, she couldn't even sell out most of her concerts, some even as low as 60% tickets sold. R.I.P Kylie's career :cries:

Guest bluejean

yeah, she needs to be very careful with what the does during the Superbowl. This is not a typical music loving crowd that she's used to. These are football fans that are there to watch a football game. The last thing she needs is to get booed.

1) Holiday

2) Like A Prayer

3) New Song

100% agree. Or as much as fans would groan, Ray Of Light would also be good.

As much as M's done it, "Music" is a universal-type anthem- not quite as impactful as "Holiday," but her biggest universal anthem of the last decade-plus, no doubt. "holiday" definitely should be part of the set, though, if this happens.

As much as M's done it, "Music" is a universal-type anthem- not quite as impactful as "Holiday," but her biggest universal anthem of the last decade-plus, no doubt. "holiday" definitely should be part of the set, though, if this happens.

Is 'Holiday' loved that much in the US? I wondered as she performed it as an extra at the Brixton Academy for the Music promo but not in the US. So, I kind of assumed it was something special to the UK/Europe.

A kick-ass remix of 'Celebration' would be great or at least mixed into another song to avoid the crap verses. However, not heard any really great mixes of it so far.

The last thing she needs is controversy!

1) Holiday

2) Like A Prayer

3) New Song

I'd be okay with this.You're absolutely right,she has to play it safe since this is an unfamiliar crowd for her.

erm.. they kind of have to know who she is first .... :blink:

So I told my friend about this yesterday. She's a long time Madonna fan but definitely not a Madonna loon. She doesn't own all the albums and stuff that she likes from M post Bedtime Stories is very hit and miss....I thought she'd find this news interesting though. Her response? "Great....only has beens perform at that thing. Nobody gives a fuck about the half time show." :lol:

YAY!!

As much I wish Ceelbration would be performed, I think most people won't know the song, so I say Holiday is the perefect choice.

Into the groove / Music mash up would be perfect

And New Song

Sorry but I think Like a prayer is not a good choice for the Super bowl instead I'll go for Express youself

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

I think Everybody will be a really nice surprise, although it isn't her most well known song. Vogue will also be a refreshing, she hasn't performed it in a while.

Things that I don't want:

- La Isla Bonita

- Anything Gypsy

- Guitar

- Crow vocals

Other than that I'll be pleased with anything at this point, I just miss Madonna doing something musically related, so even something as typical as Music or ROL will get me excited.