Madonna to perform at Super Bowl! now official!

laroux22

The NFL declined to comment and Madonna rep Liz Rosenberg says she "can not officially confirm at this time."

http://www.ksee24.com/news/local/Madonna-Rumored-as-Super-Bowl-XLVI-Halftime-Performer-130992938.html

I wish they would hurry up and confirm it,one way or the other.This news is spreading like wildfire!

I wish they would hurry up and confirm it,one way or the other.This news is spreading like wildfire!

I'm having fun reading the reactions on sports forums. Beyond predictable, anyone here could guess the sort of things they're saying, but it's fun reading them nonetheless :lol:

I'm having fun reading the reactions on sports forums. Beyond predictable, anyone here could guess the sort of things they're saying, but it's fun reading them nonetheless :lol:

what did they say? now i'm curious

Guest valhum

Ok, if she does it, it would be soooo cool but of course, she will sing:

Holiday, La Isla Bonita and Music......just change Music in case she wants to promote the new single but Holiday and La Isla Bonita will DEF be in there. She has that in her contract or something that she needs to perform that song EVERYTIME she does something :lol:

what did they say? now i'm curious

They all seem to agree that anything would be better than the Peas, but that's as far as it goes...

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=12496282

http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f54/madonna-perform-halftime-super-bowl-xlvi-164316/

Why couldn't they get someone good like Judas Priest?

:lmao:

Madonna>black eyed peas

That's kind of like saying Syphilis is better than Hepatitis. In the end both still suck.

And so on...

Her 'Live 8' performance went down a storm. That was 'Like A Prayer, 'Ray of Light' and 'Music' which are all great for a general audience. I would love her to just blow the roof of with a great performance of iconic songs. Save the obscurer stuff for the tour.

Or she could just blow it and play 'American Life', 'Erotica' and 'Justify My Love' :p

This is all over the place, its likely true. She should perform:

1) Holiday (this is to please the general public, not for hardcore fans that are bored of the song. This song will get everyones attention.)

2) Like A Prayer

3) New Song (if she has one)

Hung Up & Vogue are too gay for the Superbowl.

BTW, the news is getting almost pure negative comments at a sports site:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-10-03/madonna-super-bowl-xlvi-46-halftime-show

for someone who asked what setlist Prince did: it was "We Will Rock You," "Let's Go Crazy," "Baby I'm a Star," "Proud Mary," "All Along the Watchtower," "Best of You," "Purple Rain" in 2007. Rolling Stones in 06 did "Start Me Up," "Rough Justice," "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction", McCartney in 05 "Drive My Car," "Get Back," "Live and Let Die," "Hey Jude", The Who in 2010 "Pinball Wizard," "Baba O'Riley," "Who Are You," "See Me, Feel Me," "Won't Get Fooled Again" and BEP did 8 tracks, so maybe there's a chance she will be doing a few more than just 3 songs. Maybe five like a promo tour? I totally agree she should do iconic revisiting of her catalogue and end with a smashing new hit single that everyone gets crazy about to be premiered there. I'd say something in the order of: 1. Into The Groove (Holiday could work too), 2. Like A Prayer, 3. Vogue, 4. Hung Up segued into 5. New track

Perform new single at Super Bowl and drop it on iTunes the next day. :doofus:

Absolutely! This is such major perfect timing for the promotion of her new single and new era. If just half of the viewer watch the halftime show, the audience is so huge that everything Masonna will explode. Think Modonna Glee resurgent in sales and multiply that by 10. Excellent move from her and Live Nation. :)

A little Like A Prayer never hurt anyone :dramatic: whatever she does I know she will bring it.

qqv9s7.jpg

well this is good news i wont be surprised now that LiveNation is involved anything can happen

EXACTLY!! This is a golden opportunity for Madonna.Over 100 million people are gonna be watching.Finally,a new Madonna single has the chance to get the maximum exposure/promotion.

I bet that is exactly what happens. She isn't going to let an opportunity to give her new music MASSIVE attention pass her by. Well, if this Super Bowl rumor is indeed true anyway.

This would *probably* mean that her new album is due the first or second week of March. Her last few albums have had the single released approximately 1 month prior to the album release date. I would also argue that an early March release date would probably mean a better chance of some promo appearances. She could push the album/single for the majority of March. Then do tour rehearsals in April/May and launch the tour in June/July. If the tour is going to kick off in Europe as rumored, that would have her off the continent by the time the Olympics role around (July 27).

This is all over the place, its likely true. She should perform:

1) Holiday (this is to please the general public, not for hardcore fans that are bored of the song. This song will get everyones attention.)

2) Like A Prayer

3) New Song (if she has one)

Hung Up & Vogue are too gay for the Superbowl.

BTW, the news is getting almost pure negative comments at a sports site:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-10-03/madonna-super-bowl-xlvi-46-halftime-show

Well clearly this son of a bitches haven't seen the Queen Live....

I would also like to add that this venue would be the ideal place to debut a test set for a concert "in the round" since she probably won't block off part of the stadium.

Guest Not4Pussies

into the groove, vogue, music, new single

most likely: holiday, music, ray of light (for sure with guitar), la isla bonita

and this has to be completely new!

she has no tour or promo tour to recycle from

she might even surprise us with Celebration

- MEDLEY OF CLASSICS

Give bits of the classics to the mass. Medleys work really well with crowds and they will not complain if it's too long but consistent... one classic after other (Holiday, Like a Virgin, Material Girl, Into The Groove, Like a Prayer, Ray of Light & Music). CALL STUAR FOR THIS! She's Madonna after all, everybody will want to hear "this" or "that" song.

+

- NEW SINGLE.

Then end the show with the NEW SINGLE for the fans (and she'll be happy too, she's there for this after all).

That would be too good to be true. NFL happy, M team happy, everybody happy, haters mad.

Edited by Tonight