Madonna NEW ALBUM Thread: Updates and Rumours

horn

Anyway, what ever happened to the rumour Britney was working with William Orbit? Did they actually do some stuff that didn't make the cut or was it just a rumour?

he was supposed to do a song or two with her- don't know how far anything got but he wrote on twitter she's likely to retire soon out of disinterest so it doesn't sound like it went well :rosey:

he was supposed to do a song or two with her- don't know how far anything got but he wrote on twitter she's likely to retire soon out of disinterest so it doesn't sound like it went well :rosey:

When did he tweeet that?

Guy Oseary just tweeted 1 hour ago about Madonna:

she's in the studio all this week... and the music is so goooooooood...

:lmao:

He tweeted the same thing when she was in the studio recording Celebration and Revolver!

Is that the best he can do? Talk about LACK of info.

He tweeted the same thing when she was in the studio recording Celebration and Revolver!

Celebration kinda slayed though, sis.

it's a shame the fags didn't use.

oreallyfagg.gif

Yeah, I know. I wish he would at least hint at a lyric or two. Or even drop a producer's name. I really don't think she worked with Orbit this past week. She may have in July, but Orbit's Twitter seems to indicate he is still in Cali. Granted, he is saying that he is "mixing" tracks so maybe their work together is done and she has moved on to some new people.

Yeah, I know. I wish he would at least hint at a lyric or two. Or even drop a producer's name. I really don't think she worked with Orbit this past week. She may have in July, but Orbit's Twitter seems to indicate he is still in Cali. Granted, he is saying that he is "mixing" tracks so maybe their work together is done and she has moved on to some new people.

You would think Guy would throw us some breadcrumbs - the direction the album is taking or a photo of Madonna in the studio - didn't we get photos of her in

the studio during the recording of ROL?

You would think Guy would throw us some breadcrumbs - the direction the album is taking or a photo of Madonna in the studio - didn't we get photos of her in

the studio during the recording of ROL?

Perhaps. But I think it was after the fact when we got them. By that I mean they didn't come out until recording was finished. I could be wrong.

The only thing that I recall with ROL was getting the song titles Candy Perfume Girl (I believe it played in some fashion show) and Little Star via an Icon newsletter sometime in fall of '97. Of course that was 14 years ago so I could be totally forgetting something. Although I really don't remember seeing photos, footage in the studio etc until after the album was released.

Edit: actually we may have gotten that photo of her and Orbit where she has pig tails prior to album release (maybe with the newsletter...like I said it's been a while). That photo was from ROL sessions right? The pig tails always throw me off because I associate them with the Erotica era and he did remix stuff for her during that time.

I kind of like the fact that he's deliberately being as vague as possible, that way when M finally unravels the goods it'll all be a huge surprise

Exactly. I wish people would stop bleating for snippets for info. Whatever comes out, people will start carping about it, so it's better to wait until closer to release date.

Exactly. I wish people would stop bleating for snippets for info. Whatever comes out, people will start carping about it, so it's better to wait until closer to release date.

Everyone has their preferences. I hate surprises, so I like more info upfront. :)

Blame the internet for that. I'm fine with what we get too.

When youve been a fan for over 20 years a few crumbs might be nice, the dial is turning from annoying to ignorance. I started this post with 'She doesnt owe us anything' but then deleted it. £160 a ticket every couple of years with flights, trains and hotels? Shes left me fucking broke some years, and Guy.O cant even give us a song title? He's got the easiest job in the fucking universe.

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

I don't mind the lack of information, but I just hope the lack of information is because they want to keep everything secret and not because Madonna hasn't really decided on what she wants to do with the new album.

Bingo.

the ONLY thing I want to hear before the release is the single.

I want to totally immerse myself.

:dramatic:

Me, too! I like it that she's keeping it quiet. A lot of records are ruined for me too because you know everything about it before it comes out. It takes the magic out of getting a new record from your favorite artist. The only thing I really want to know is that she is going into the studio and actively working on a new record.

Guest bluejean

I don't mind the lack of information, but I just hope the lack of information is because they want to keep everything secret and not because Madonna hasn't really decided on what she wants to do with the new album.

I think not knowing what she is doing would be a good thing. Let the creative process happen and let it evolve. That's how alot of her best albums came about. Hard Candy on the other hand was "Make my record sound like JT/Nelly Furtado" and that was kind of uninspired.

I think if they give too much info it creates a certain expectation in people's minds. Madonna has always preferred to surprise her fans, she even says things like "I don't want to ruin the surprise." So I'm cool to hear very little official until the month or two leading up to the release.

whatever and whoever it is. she knows exaactly what shes doing. #1 cockteaserqueen of all time !! wont be any pre j*zz just a massive thick load of instant smash hit