Madonna NEW ALBUM Thread: Updates and Rumours

horn

Let's hope someone leaks the lyrics to 'Give Me All Your Love' ASAP. I'm praying it's not the same vapid, childish fodder we've gotten the last few years. I'm still surprised by who she is choosing to align with musically. I'm sure I'll be bashed for saying this but I suspect she's way more caught up in the need to appeal to young audiences than she'll ever admit. You can say it's the demographic most entertainers want to appeal to because it's where the money is, but I think it goes much deeper for her than that.

you can think whatever you want, it's not like u can read her mind anyway...now, wouldn't that be interesting? what would be in her mind: "kabbalah,gaga,tic tac, fuzzy,hesitate,yeahhh,young hotties to screw with,malawi,W.E.,menopausy=ahhhhhhhhhhhh!"...anyway, she has always been recognized to be smart enough to keep flowing into the mainstream of Music through the years and not become some sort of obscure 80's star, so let's let her play her game...i'm sure this won't be HC 0.2(lol) for obvious reasons ...

Now give me an L, give me an O, give me a V and an E!...

what does it say!?!?........L-U-S-T!!...oops! :horn::lol:

If she just wanted HOT artists she wouldn't have chosen MIA. Sorry but whether you are in the US, or the UK, Europe, Australia etc an average person has NO IDEA who MIA is. Absolutely no idea. She has ZERO top10 hits in the UK, and only one top10 hit in the US. Paper Planes, her most popular single, didn't even hit top50 on the European Hot100.

Even her ONLY hit, Paper Planes, was a hit only in 2 countries. The US and Canada. And even there it had moderate airplay.

She is very influential though, the critics like her and the people who know about her know her due to the quality of her music. She is far from a mainstream top40 artist. The exact opposite in most cases. The selection of MIA makes things very interesting!

Justin and Timbaland were MONSTERS everywhere before 4 Minutes. And it looked too desperate because of their size. You'd get them only if you wanted a hit. Everyone knew them. It's funny how hard Timbaland is flopping now. 4 years ago he was God. Choosing MIA doesn't look despearte at all.

Minaj in the project looks a desperate move but, actually, the problem is not desperation. The problem with Minaj is that people think she is cheap, ghetto, not classy and a circus. I love Nicki because she is fun. She has said many times her dream is to work with Madonna.

Minaj is popular only in North America, Australia and New Zealand.

In Europe, only if you go to east London she is big!

Pleased that Orbit and Solveig are on board not so keen on Minaj. Hasn't she learnt her lesson from HC and Revolver?

I thought the new album was going to be Madonna on her own not hiring guest vocalists.

It all seems a bit desperate. I will reserve judgement until I hear the finished product.

Oh, and no official word on the way the new album is shaping yet from Guy Oseary. Yet again it's the fansites the give us all the latest info.

M.I.A.'s material has not been "fluffy" or anything, right? So maybe there's hope that the single will be a "Holiday"-like track, having universal appeal and all of that.

A bit desperate? Like when she featured on MATM and had Timberlake on 4M? :) Like I said, Madonna obviously wants a shot at U.S. radio relevancy- at least with the lead single- and, like it or not, her chances are limited with Madonna-only tracks.

Get Together shouldn't have flopped. I have yet to meet someone who doesn't like the song when I show it to them. It's an amazing song with amazing production and it suffered from bad promotion. It's definitely one of the best from the 2000s.

Six years after it's release, it sounds fresh AND is better than any electronic/dance production on the radio right now.

This song properly promoted could have been massive. Do you recall this FABULOUS performance????

One of the best moments in her whole career is when she starts spinning around. I recall when i watched it back then that i got shivers!!!!!!!!1

Guest bluejean

I don't mind 'Get Together' but I've always thought it was abit overrated with fans. I think 'Jump' would have followed 'Sorry' perfectly, it had hit written all over it.

Madonna has very good lyrics, but her best songs aren't specially relevant lyrically. Into the Groove, Everybody, Music, Hung Up... are lyrically "weak" but wonderful. So if the lyrics leak and the chorus is like "Give me all your love/ I can't get enough/ Give me all i need/ I can set you free" there's no reason to panic.

Exactly! And it seems like her simpler songs resonate with the public better than stuff like Oh Father, Drowned World or American Life. What's perfect is when she goes right in the middle...like Like A Prayer for example. That song is "meatier" lyrically than say ITG or HU but still simple and catchy enough to appeal to the masses.

I've always considered her ability to translate simple lyrics into fabulous pop songs as one of her greatest talents. I mean...."do you like to boogie woogie?"....."I like to singy singy singy like a bird on a wingy wingy wingy".....on paper that all sounds ridiculous but it works and it works WELL when you hear it all together in it's proper context. I have faith in our girl!! I'd like to think she'll have that "talent" forever, it's not something you just lose overnight.

Exactly! And it seems like her simpler songs resonate with the public better than stuff like Oh Father, Drowned World or American Life. What's perfect is when she goes right in the middle...like Like A Prayer for example. That song is "meatier" lyrically than say ITG or HU but still simple and catchy enough to appeal to the masses.

I've always considered her ability to translate simple lyrics into fabulous pop songs as one of her greatest talents. I mean...."do you like to boogie woogie?"....."I like to singy singy singy like a bird on a wingy wingy wingy".....on paper that all sounds ridiculous but it works and it works WELL when you hear it all together in it's proper context. I have faith in our girl!! I'd like to think she'll have that "talent" forever, it's not something you just lose overnight.

I agree. In fact, most popular POP songs have simple lyrics. Look at most of her hits... most of them are about having a good time, dancing and partying. The others are jilted love songs or about being in love. The rest is up to the actual hook and being catchy. Trying to come up with a song where she has this message or Epiphany on life tows the line of getting "preachy" and most people kinda shy away from that. She has managed to successfully have a few hits with such message driven songs... "Like A Prayer", "Papa Don't Preach" and "Ray of Light".

The problem is that Madonna has set a standard between her music and music videos, fans EXPECT so much and then get let down if it doesn't meet up to their expectations. I still recall the days that looking forward to a new Madonna album or song was more about just hearing it, rather over thinking what she's gonna sing about and how profound she will get within the lyrics. The same goes for the videos. I always looked forward to the visuals and the possible transformation or look she will have. If she tackled a controversial issue in it, then great. Though, it wasn't something I expected.

Guest groovyguy

The Nervo Twins: Madonna is ICONIC!

MTV just posted an interview with the Nervo girls where they talked about Madonna…

MTV: I saw another thing recently that you guys might be working with Madonna? Is that true?

Nervo Twins: That one, you know, it’s another one of those we’ll see if the stars align, but she’s expressed interest in a song of ours and she’s working with William Orbit, who’s an incredible producer, and who she’s worked with in the past. She did “Ray of Light” with him.

He actually was the one who heard the song of ours – pitched it to Madonna – and fingers crossed!

Now that we’ve spoken about it, of course, it’s not going to happen. We totally jinxed it! (laughs)

MTV: Do you know what song… obviously you know what song… You can’t say?

Nervo Twins: We don’t. We jinxed it already this far, so… (laughs)

MTV:What would that mean to you if she chose one of your songs?

Nervo Twins: Oh, that would be amazing. Madonna is iconic… ICONIC!

MTV: You don’t really get bigger than that.

Nervo Twins: No. It would be amazing. It would be an absolute career highlight!

Watch the interview:

I don't mind 'Get Together' but I've always thought it was abit overrated with fans. I think 'Jump' would have followed 'Sorry' perfectly, it had hit written all over it.

Absolutely.

M.I.A.'s material has not been "fluffy" or anything, right? So maybe there's hope that the single will be a "Holiday"-like track, having universal appeal and all of that.

A bit desperate? Like when she featured on MATM and had Timberlake on 4M? :) Like I said, Madonna obviously wants a shot at U.S. radio relevancy- at least with the lead single- and, like it or not, her chances are limited with Madonna-only tracks.

I still think she is trying to hard to be "current " and "trendy". Revolver was a prime example, it's probably one of worst

songs she has ever recorded.

She's at her best when it's just Madonna. I wish she would just focus a proper Madonna album a'la LAP or ROL.

Hiring the latest hip vocalist may give her a hit but the songs will be quickly forgotten they won't be classic Madonna.

The Nervo Twins: Madonna is ICONIC!

MTV just posted an interview with the Nervo girls where they talked about Madonna…

Watch the interview:

I actually love hearing about all these random (possible) influences on the album. I don't mind Madonna going outside herself for creative inspiration. She has great instincts. It also increases the likelihood that we won't have lyrics like "hesitating, waiting, fuzzy, part, heart." I really wish Joe Henry was in these rumors though. :(

Maybe her Nervo song is a cover of Rachel Stevens' "Negotiate with Love" (which they wrote). I would just die if she did that! :wow:

I always thought it had a hint of first album/Virgin era Madonna about it. "I Know It" for the '10s :wow:

I still think she is trying to hard to be "current " and "trendy". Revolver was a prime example, it's probably one of worst

songs she has ever recorded.

She's at her best when it's just Madonna. I wish she would just focus a proper Madonna album a'la LAP or ROL.

Hiring the latest hip vocalist may give her a hit but the songs will be quickly forgotten they won't be classic Madonna.

But wait, isn't that what makes Madonna.. Madonna... always up and up on the current trends? I'm confused? Do you want her to simply just start singing retro songs and standards? Even if she went with someone less known (which she is apart from William Orbit), she still is searching for the latest and current trends. I always thought that is what made Madonna so popular from day one... she was able to bring forth the latest trend and Madonnaize it. Or she is able to utilize others talents to craft a hit song whether they are the latest producer or someone who has been part of the music scene for years.