Madonna NEW ALBUM Thread: Updates and Rumours

horn

Guest groovyguy

NME Music News: Madonna planning live return at London's Hyde Park next summer?

A raft of collaborators have been rumoured to be appearing on the album, with Nicki Minaj and MIA apparently in line to appear on a single titled 'Give Me All Your Love'.

St Vincent is another rumoured guest musician on the album - when quizzed about the possible collaboration by NME this week she remained tight lipped but confessed to being a big Madonna fan.

Mert & Marcus for the album shoot is also amazing news, cannot wait.

Yeah ! am excited. Love their work. Thank god it's not Steven Klein !

St Vincent is another rumoured guest musician on the album - when quizzed about the possible collaboration by NME this week she remained tight lipped but confessed to being a big Madonna fan.

:dramatic:

i can't wait for this

I'm genuinely quite excited about all this. Minaj isn't a favourite, but I trust Madonna's judgement. This is going to be a big album for her - she's not about to fuck it up.

I also like the sound of the three producers mentioned so far. 2012 is going to be a great year to be a Madonna fan.

Yeah ! am excited. Love their work. Thank god it's not Steven Klein !

Mert and Marcus are some of my favourite photographers as well and they managed to make Madonna look SENSATIONAL in every shoot she did with them so far! I also hope Fabien Baron is involved in the album artwork!

positive buzz building already.

reminds me of the buzz Confessions.... had.

which HC didn't have.

Are you talking about fan buzz? Because Hard Candy had quite abit of positive buzz (industry-wise) prior to its release, especially after Timbaland played a snippet of "4 Minutes" at a concert.

Guest groovyguy

RECAP: RECENT TWEETS ABOUT M'S NEW ALBUM

Recent Tweets by producers William Orbit and Martin Solveig who did spend time together in the recording studio, this week, to work on Madonna’s next record.

It’s also the first time, Solveig tweets anything that confirms him being involved in Madonna’s next musical project!

From William Orbit’s Twitter…

Madonna has phenomenal understanding of both the minutiae of music and the big picture. Zooming in, zooming out. 4ever amazing. Plus VISION!!!

From Martin Solveig’s Twitter

@WilliamOrbit Nice to meet you man, enjoy a bit more studio time and see you soon.

From William Orbit’s Twitter…

@msolveig Great meeting you too Martin! What a week!

From William Orbit’s Twitter

Working with Madonna is a treat. Fantastic tracks and vibes. Going deep. She’s ON IT !!! This is THE album!

Here’s what William Orbit wrote on Facebook

No question in my mind. Jean Baptiste Kouame, greatest singer songwriter of our times. He is the future You’ll know why next year! And a fabulous human being too.

And Freeschool! Hottest team on the planet. New frontiers.

Guest Not4Pussies

Are you talking about fan buzz? Because Hard Candy had quite abit of positive buzz (industry-wise) prior to its release, especially after Timbaland played a snippet of "4 Minutes" at a concert.

perhaps but Confessions had some real excitement to it like it feels like now.

Guest groovyguy

I found this in my diary I write about this record :-D :-D :-D

William Orbit

Working on a track with @st_vincent and Emile Haynie that’s tingling every socket of my spine

4 Sep

http://twitter.com/#!/WilliamOrbit

:clap:

twitter.com/#!/WilliamOrbit

WilliamOrbit William Orbit

but Hot Hot Hot in the studioooooo

13 minutes ago »

A Fairy Tale in New York

23 minutes ago »

WOWOWOWOW just looked out the window here in NY and IT's SNOWING !!!!!

25 minutes ago

Demo's lovely wife Nelly Furtado dropped by the studio last night. One of my fave artists! Has amazing energy. They both do

50 minutes ago

perhaps but Confessions had some real excitement to it like it feels like now.

Hmmm...I guess I remember things differently. I felt like there was a lot of uncertainty leading up to Confessions among the fan boards. She had just come off American Life and was working with Stuart Price who was an unknown variable at that time. I remember the few mentions of Mirwais being involved were met with some hostility. Also, Price really didn't have a large body of work for people to base a solid opinion on. However, the end result was fucking awesome. I felt like the real buzz started when "Hung Up" was released in that Motorola commercial.

Hmmm...I guess I remember things differently. I felt like there was a lot of uncertainty leading up to Confessions among the fan boards. She had just come off American Life and was working with Stuart Price who was an unknown variable at that time. I remember the few mentions of Mirwais being involved were met with some hostility. Also, Price really didn't have a large body of work for people to base a solid opinion on. However, the end result was fucking awesome. I felt like the real buzz started when "Hung Up" was released in that Motorola commercial.

It was a very exciting time, that "Hung Up" ringtone was a stroke of genius... I had to download it on my mum's phone as she had a Motorola and remember the "ring ring ring goes the telephone, the lights are on but there's no one home" snippet as a ringtone, it sounded so good! All that was missing was the damn ABBA sample of course so that was a bit of a let down.

She could do no wrong for Confessions, then came the adoption.. that arguably plunged her stock lower than American Life and it hasn't been the same since. Hard Candy left a sour aftertaste for many in more ways than one, and the abrasive artwork sure didn't help.

13 minutes ago »

A Fairy Tale in New York

23 minutes ago »

25 minutes ago

Demo's lovely wife Nelly Furtado dropped by the studio last night. One of my fave artists! Has amazing energy. They both do50 minutes ago

He's Also Working with Nelly ? :shock::wow: and Yes we got this weird october snow... but It's beautiful outside! :wow:

She could do no wrong for Confessions, then came the adoption.. that arguably plunged her stock lower than American Life and it hasn't been the same since. Hard Candy left a sour aftertaste for many in more ways than one, and the abrasive artwork sure didn't help.

I hope she follows this album through to the end of this era. As much as I love Confession it kind of lost steam towards the end where she just couldn't even be bothered to make decent vdos. I love Jump and was shocked when I saw the vdo for that! It was embarrassing . Hard Candy is something I would rather forget. When I saw the cover I was so disappointed .

I hope that guy Giovanni whateverhisname is not doing the artwork for this new album !

let's not get too excited... MADONNA just probably turned off the airconditioning...

13 minutes ago »

A Fairy Tale in New York

23 minutes ago »

25 minutes ago

Here’s what William Orbit wrote on Facebook

No question in my mind. Jean Baptiste Kouame, greatest singer songwriter of our times. He is the future You’ll know why next year! And a fabulous human being too.

And Freeschool! Hottest team on the planet. New frontiers.

Is there any chance that the single will be out earlier than February? It's a torture getting all this information and having to wait four months to hear the song.

I think the soonest would probably be 1 week before unless it leaks. I can see them sending it to radio just before the Superbowl, but not before New Years.