Madonna NEW ALBUM Thread: Updates and Rumours

horn

What's with the MIA hate? I've loved her since 2005's Arular. She's fantastic!

Nicki Minaj I'm not so excited about but I suppose it's a necessary evil if she wants the first single to be a hit in the USA. :bad:

If she releases a ballad from W.E., maybe it will scrape the Hot 100. :p

And, M.I.A. is an ACCLAIMED artiste. Minaj, on the other hand, not so much. But, as Suedey said, it could be another way to appeal to the younger set. I guess we're gonna have to face and accept that if Madonna wants to have commercial relevancy on ageist U.S. radio, she's gonna do what she feels she has to do.

William Orbit (Twitter)

“I hesitate to make a comment about anything musical, y’all might think is a cryptic tease. But will say: \o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/”

Hesitate Feat. Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.

Single of the year.

madonna.gif

Edited by Tonight

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

William Orbit (Twitter)

“I hesitate to make a comment about anything musical, y’all might think is a cryptic tease. But will say: \o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/”

Hesitate Feat. Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.

Single of the year.

madonna.gif

Fuzzy Dream ft. Lady Gaga!

tumblr_lrd09pcM1f1qdt23mo6_250.gif

If she releases a ballad from W.E., maybe it will scrape the Hot 100. :p

Yeah, I can't imagine it will get a lot of fanfare being it's a movie song to an already mixed reviewed film. I doubt radio will jump on board to play it other than maybe a number of European countries. Youtube won't gain her enough attention unless she some how incorporates the song into heavy advertising of the film. She would almost have to perform the song on some television that gets a lot of viewers. X-Factor is currently probably her best outlet since that show will be closing sometime in December. I also think she should use American Idol as well next spring to help promote her new album.

^It probably wouldn't be a radio release- perhaps just iTunes and whatnot.

More:

Hey! What? Listening Session: Details On Madonna's Album, Tour & Movie

Independent of the news over at MadonnaTribe and Madonnarama (both which have some more deets than I could confirm, including Madonnarama naming the single "Give Me All Your Love," a reverse Stacey Q!), I can confirm the following about the work-in-progress recording of Madonna's next, as-yet-untitled, studio album:

*** The overall sound is "pop/dance."

*** Madonna has recorded a ballad that will live on the W.E. soundtrack. (Speaking of that movie, there is a screening of the re-cut version in Manhattan momentarily.)

*** The lead single features Nicki Minaj and MIA (how original—sorry, I'll stifle it and stay positive) and is like a "cheer". The three would perform it at the Superbowl, which is happening.

*** She's touring from the spring.

*** Solveig, Orbit and Benassi are the album's producers.

Stacey Q. had a track titled "Give You All My Love," so I'm guessing that's what was being referenced.

If that title pans out, it would be very Madonna- like saying, "You've got to prove your love to me." :vogue:

"American Idol, Xfactor" FOX stations .... I don't think so.

Don't confuse the FOX NEWS channel with the networks. I know they are all associated, but you can't believe Madonna should just pass up some major exposure on both of those shows simply over politics. It's not like they air shows that are very conservative anyway. Even a couple of Fox News personalities had a go at American Idol a few times and it's associated with their network. Also GLEE is on Fox and they featured Madonna. Leave the politics out. She needs the greatest exposure ever with this latest album especially being the first off her Warners label.

Madonna- and her team- supposedly has yet to give clearance to use her songs for Idol live shows (she didn't compose "You Must Love Me"). But, they did give Glee clearance- and it's a FOX show- so maybe it's just a matter of time.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I love that performance so much :inlove:

It should have been Miss MIA & Stacey Q for the collab instead of Nicki Minaj!

BAD IDEA. We don't want Stacey UPSTAGING Madonna :wow: