Madonna NEW ALBUM Thread: Updates and Rumours

horn

i hope she loses arianne philips on the next tour too. i don't find her stylish at all and its always the same boring black gloves, black dresses, black boots...

I agree.I hope Madonna works with an entirely NEW team.

i hope she loses arianne philips on the next tour too. i don't find her stylish at all and its always the same boring black gloves, black dresses, black boots...

I think Arianne gets her style and the black is Madonna's choice. Remember when another stylist did her clothes at the beginning of HC and we got the wonder of BEDAZZLED TRACKSUITS? Just no.

Do you expect Madonna to have a 2-story house on stage and play a housewife in all of the 20 songs?

GOOD IDEA! :wow: Madonna doing different things in every story, and of course the bombastic moment would be TILL DEATH DO US PART, with loads of dishes flying by. And she could sing Supernatural with a ghost and some dancers would be the neighbors thinking she's gone crazy.

GOOD IDEA! :wow: Madonna doing different things in every story, and of course the bombastic moment would be TILL DEATH DO US PART, with loads of dishes flying by. And she could sing Supernatural with a ghost and some dancers would be the neighbors thinking she's gone crazy.

Yes, and when she beats her red-headed step child during Live to Tell. Classic.

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

All I hope is that this era isn't rushed, there is no need to rush the singles, I say at least 3 or 4 proper music videos and singles. Though judging from the information we have so far she is obviously quite eager to tour - it seems it'll kick off a couple of months after the album is released. Yes she is Madonna and the album will sell at least a couple of million regardless of how many singles are released but it'll be a treat for fans if she spends time promoting the album and not rushing off to tour.

If this year has proven anything, it's that people still do buy albums (e.g. Adele, Gaga etc) and that people are looking forward to music videos again with the YouTube generation. If Madonna wants to remain a mainstream artist then she needs to keep up with the trends/get with the times, considering it's been almost four years since the release of her last album.

Some ideas/suggestions I think will work well:

- a YouTube exclusive concert where she'll perform several songs off the new album, and possibly a classic or two. If it has the right amount of hype surrounding it then millions of people will watch

- Embrace social media. I don't know if I want to see Madonna on twitter, but It'll be great if she can post on her Facebook from time to time, and maybe post a youtube video or two where she addresses the fans

- Do more award show performances like she use to, a GMA mini concert and It'll be great if she can also appear on SNL, Leno, Letterman etc

- Debut the new single in an epic way, a brilliant performance of it and a solid music video.

Just some suggestions.

I think Arianne gets her style and the black is Madonna's choice. Remember when another stylist did her clothes at the beginning of HC and we got the wonder of BEDAZZLED TRACKSUITS? Just no.

Yeah it was a mess

HARD_CANDY+out.jpg

Madonna+20081219HardCandyOuttakes2.jpg

@Madonna Bowie Prince

I Agree with everything u said , but i really doubt anything of that will happen , i expect a HC era II

Edited by Starmen

Didn't she say, she'll b 'in the studio' 'till the end of the year, That doesn't sound like she's rushing things. She seemed really excited when asked about 'new music' in Venice.

Plus, Live Nation is gonna have 2 prove their investment. I predict this album 2 b everywhere upon release.

Also, I think it's ridiculous that she has 2 compete with the likes of Gaga in terms of sales & exposure. She's the Madonna with almost 3O years under her belt.

She should embrace her status. Quality is the key here, so fuck radio friendlyness & internet crap. Good word of mouth will b much more effective at this point in the game.

C also, COAD in the US. That album did amazing there, taking everything into account...with the lack of real radio hits etc.. .

Didn't she say, she'll b 'in the studio' 'till the end of the year, That doesn't sound like she's rushing things. She seemed really excited when asked about 'new music' in Venice.

Plus, Live Nation is gonna have 2 prove their investment. I predict this album 2 b everywhere upon release.

Also, I think it's ridiculous that she has 2 compete with the likes of Gaga in terms of sales & exposure. She's the Madonna with almost 3O years under her belt.

She should embrace her status. Quality is the key here, so fuck radio friendlyness & internet crap. Good word of mouth will b much more effective at this point in the game.

C also, COAD in the US. That album did amazing there, taking everything into account...with the lack of real radio hits etc.. .

She's not rushing things in terms of recording the album - no one claimed that, but she will probably rush things in terms of promotion to get to the tour and that's what I, personally, don't want.

Also she is competing with Gaga, and every other mainstream pop star at the moment. Madonna will never be "quality over quantity" she will always make her music with the right amount of artistry and the right amount of commercial appeal, hell I would do anything for Madonna to make some incredible experimental album but she isn't going to do that, her next album will most likely be dance-pop and her name alone isn't enough to sell it - if it was then why did HC sell only 3 million worldwide compared to the 10-12 million that COADF did? file sharing can't be blamed for a decrease that big, you gotta remember that the latter era had much more promotion than the former.

She's not rushing things in terms of recording the album - no one claimed that, but she will probably rush things in terms of promotion to get to the tour and that's what I, personally, don't want.

Also she is competing with Gaga, and every other mainstream pop star at the moment. Madonna will never be "quality over quantity" she will always make her music with the right amount of artistry and the right amount of commercial appeal, hell I would do anything for Madonna to make some incredible experimental album but she isn't going to do that, her next album will most likely be dance-pop and her name alone isn't enough to sell it - if it was then why did HC sell only 3 million worldwide compared to the 10-12 million that COADF did? file sharing can't be blamed for a decrease that big, you gotta remember that the latter era had much more promotion than the former.

Experimental? Wy would anyone even want that? Her talent is beautiful pop. I actually meant the opposite...something musically organic. & 3m in this day & age is great. She's a 102.

I hope she skips promotion altogether & starts touring the minute the album hits Itunes. Or better yet, release the album in the middle of the tour. Honestly, r u people fans of promotion? Also no videos please.

RE: COAD sold around 8.

I hope she skips promotion altogether & starts touring the minute the album hits Itunes. Or better yet, release the album in the middle of the tour. Honestly, r u people fans of promotion? Also no videos please.

Extra performances, videos and interviews? HELL NAW. Much better to get another recycled Jamie Queen 4 part show with RAY OF LIGHT and LA ISLA BONITA.

Extra performances, videos and interviews? HELL NAW. Much better to get another recycled Jamie Queen 4 part show with RAY OF LIGHT and LA ISLA BONITA.

& a eskimo version of HUNG UP!

I don't understand why people say promotion is a treat for fans. For me, as a fan seeing Madonna perform live in concert in front of her own fans is much more exciting, than all these promotional interviews on daytime tv shows or performances on one song in front of a studio audience or even seeing a new video. Do people get more excited about promotion than actual concerts? That seems strange to me.

I would like to see her on Anderson Cooper's new daytime talk show. She's friends with him and I think they would be great together.

I don't think Madonna has to compete with Gaga and Adele. No matter how much promotion she does she's not going to get the same sales as people basically beginning their careers in the music industry.

Madonna has to do her style which is pop/dance, but she doesn't have to conform to current trends on the radio either. She's not competing with them, but doing the same style that she's always done and what she does best. She can't do something that is too weird or avant garde and unmelodic because that's not Madonna. I think she needs to find something that isn't too manufactured but isn't experimental or avant garde either. Her best records hit the middle ground between the two extremes.

Of course I'm a fan when Madonna promotes, as GSM we get extra performances and interviews, of course the music is first and foremost but what is so bad about wanting some extra promotion? some people can never see her on tour so youtubing performances of her is the only why they can see her "live" and doing interviews where she actually talks about the creative process of the album will be great. Just because she's an established artist doesn't mean she shouldn't at least do some performances and interviews imho.

CHANGE OF HABIT: Arianne Phillips celebrated her return to full-time fashion styling by hitting Paris Fashion Week. “I’m taking a sabbatical from film,” she announced at the Nina Ricci show. “The crazy thing is that even though fashion is at a quick pace, at least I can kind of schedule my time so I can have a little bit of a life.” Phillips will continue to work with Madonna, having most recently designed costumes for “W.E.,” the singer’s second directorial effort.

“Madonna has a lot of new stuff coming out in the New Year as well because she’s recording an album, so we’re going to have so much to do,” she said. Down the row, Poppy Delevingne revealed she had just shot a campaign for the Zadig & Voltaire fragrance Tome 1 La Pureté with photographer Fred Meylan. “It’s pretty racy,” she said. “It’s something very out of the norm for me, I guess. It’s kind of pushed me to a new boundary.” Delevingne refused to say more, but whatever they had her doing on set, it was clearly addictive. “It was a very chilled atmosphere, so I wanted to do it for days,” she giggled.

Source:WWD

Madonna does do interviews and performances to promote each of her records when it first comes out including HC. I'm not saying she shouldn't do any, but what's the point in doing so many for months and months, answering the same questions in interviews. I think she should do a round of interviews when the album is first released to make people aware but then move on to the tour.

The problem with the media today is it seems there aren't that many outlets that want to talk about the music or the creative process, they want to talk about personal stuff and human interest things like her children.

^ HAHAHAHAHA

Oh, and i think that Madonna will be INDEED competing with Lady Gaga. But it doesn't have to be a negative thing. She can compete in a Madonnish way, i mean, she had her greatest hits claiming "be strong" "I am the best" "nobody is like me" and all that. Now is the moment to go and tell the world "she's not me". But she needs a VERY VERY VERY VERY good song.

Well Madonna was never a Michael type to toot her own horn and have album titles like BAD, DANGEROUS and INVINCIBLE (we all know how THAT one turned out). But I agree she will be competing with her just because I think she's a very competitive person and she keeps an eye on what's out there, be it Paula Abdul, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey or Britney Spears.

I don't think that's Arianne; didn't the black stuff all start with that 'B' woman? I agree Madonna's style recently is shit though, and tbh Arianne wasn't that much better.

Guest Not4Pussies

I want a change, something that will blow our minds again. Something with substance and not her trying to follow the latest trend and try to sound hip in her songs. I also dont want a ROL repeat which i hope shes not trying to do.