Madonna NEW ALBUM Thread: Updates and Rumours

horn

the n-th coming of veronica ethnica electronica. seeing ethnic and oriental does make the album sound promising. at least we know we're probably not gonna see her booty get down like.

What M does best is dance-pop that merges both art and commerce- just straight, commercial dance-pop was fine early in her career, but even then those songs were elevated by other factors (i.e. "Holiday," with the brilliance of its beneath-the-surface meaning). Fun, disposable pop is best left to others.

I think if half of what is written in the article is true - this album would be brilliant. Lets hope she is indeed helped with the lyrics - Joe Henry is a very good choice - I see solid writing in DTM, Jump, DWERY.

What tidbits? The report doesn't include one iota of news. Obviously they would have included Solveig in their recap which basically is a recap of a fan debate going on various message boards of how M writes or rather doesn't write songs. There r no new Solveig rumors floating around the internet...so there's nothing 2 pass off as exclusive. It's so transparent. :fag:

Well, the ethnic music influence is a new piece. William Orbit writing lyrics is new. I am not saying it's all true, but this is the fun part about a new album - following the rumors and waiting to see which ones turn out to be true. If they are false then I guess we will be REALLY surprised.

I think if half of what is written in the article is true - this album would be brilliant. Lets hope she is indeed helped with the lyrics - Joe Henry is a very good choice - I see solid writing in DTM, Jump, DWERY.

DTM was a cover essentially. That doesn't mean Joe Henry wrote lyrics 4 the songs they actually wrote together.

Jean Baptiste Kouame was confirmed by Madonna herself in a new interview (from Venice) published in Italy this week (Oggi magazine). She said he's gonna help with some songs on the new album.

no one else? could u give us the exact quote please? thank you :)

no one else? could u give us the exact quote please? thank you :)

I don't have the magazine in front of me now, but they asked her if it was true she was recording a new album. She said yes, since july and she'll work on it again in NY and fianally said " even Jean Baptiste Kouame from Black Eyed Peas will help on some songs".

And yes, it's the only name she said.

Guest northernlad

even Jean Baptiste Kouame from Black Eyed Peas will help on some songs".

And yes, it's the only name she said.

Now this deserves 11 pages. :zombie:

I don't get what the problem is. He's primarily a writer. On Kelis's newest album, he did writing and like no producing. With the Black Eyed Peas's The E.N.D., he co-wrote one four songs. The only song he's credited to producing (so far in my research) is Boom Boom Pow, which was co-produced with two other people.

Jean Baptiste Kouame was confirmed by Madonna herself in a new interview (from Venice) published in Italy this week (Oggi magazine). She said he's gonna help with some songs on the new album.

Is it somewhere online please?

If Jean Baptiste is involved,I am thrilled! I love the work he did on the Black Eyed Peas' 'The E.N.D.' album.He co-wrote "Meet Me Halfway" which I love.When I first heard this song,I thought of Madonna.It's exactly the type of song that she needs! In the chorus,Fergie sounds like Madonna in the 80s.

Jean also co-produced "Boom Boom Pow" which is just incredible.I hope Madonna allows him to not only write,but co-produce a few tracks too.He's very talented.

I loathe Black Eye Peas.

I hope this Jean Baptiste Kouame contribution is filtered and alerted and fixed by Orbit. I d hate if M records shit music as the Black Eye Peas or the horrible Fergie.

According with madonnarama he's working with Orbit, and he's mainly a writer and not a producer so relax guys.

yes I know that and I hope this info is true.

What M does best is dance-pop that merges both art and commerce- just straight, commercial dance-pop was fine early in her career, but even then those songs were elevated by other factors (i.e. "Holiday," with the brilliance of its beneath-the-surface meaning). Fun, disposable pop is best left to others.

She is best remembered for the commercial assembly line pop. Radio still plays them today. I doubt the general public remembers her more try-hard tracks except the hardcore fans.

She is best remembered for the commercial assembly line pop.

Yeah she's a regular Britney Spears :manson: I mean I love Britney but apart from a couple of True Blue-WTG era songs Madonna doesn't have a single generic sounding song. You invariably make the most moronic Madonna related comments.

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

I agree with HolidayGuy and GSM. Madonna has made a few generic sounding songs (e.g. Causing a Commotion, half of the True Blue album etc) but other than that her songs are unique, even stuff like Like a Virgin, Holiday etc were very unique (in terms of mainstream pop songs) for their time.

Actually believe it or not most people I talk to regarding Madonna seem to remember not only her "commercial assembly line" 80s pop songs but her later stuff too, I've talked to people who have sighted stuff like Music, Don't Tell Me, Ray of Light, Frozen, Hung Up, Secret hell even American Life as their favorite Madonna song and those are far from "generic".

Exactly. "Commercial assembly pop line" would be an apt description for some other acts- but not Madonna. She made mainstream pop exciting, because most of her material was not generic (whether thematically or sonically). Hopefully, the upcoming album continues in her tradition of merging art and commerce (which she didn't really do with Hard Candy).

That's what we need - maistream pop that is exciting and fresh. I feel we got that with Like a Prayer and Ray of Light. It all came together as classic Madonna in a surprise package with no gimimicks and booties. It might be asking for too much but I just want a eventful album with great melodies and insightful lyrics that I can say wow again.

That's what we need - maistream pop that is exciting and fresh. I feel we got that with Like a Prayer and Ray of Light. It all came together as classic Madonna in a surprise package with no gimimicks and booties. It might be asking for too much but I just want a eventful album with great melodies and insightful lyrics that I can say wow again.

I think we got that with Erotica and Music, too. Elements of COADF (my current favorite M album... it changes a lot) and Bedtime Stories as well. American Life is too polarizing to the fan community, much less the general pop-music buying public that still doesn't know it even exists, but it certainly has its fresh moments too.

She's gonna bring it with this new album. I'm not worried.