The Smirnoff Co. Partners With Madonna

akurren

Yeah, I always thought Smirnoff was quality. I mean it's no FINLANDIA or as expensive as Grey Goose which is more of an American thing but it was always the standard. Vodka is vodka at the end of the day *swigs a bottle of Asda Smart Price* :wow:

I can't stand Red Square, that stuff tastes like shyt. I guess Smirnoff is roughly equivalent to the more stylish Absolut in stature.

And trust Dr Lecter to approve of a VODKA deal! :D

For a colourless, flavourless spirit, it certainly inspires some strong opinions! They changed the Finlandia bottle recently. I prefer the old one.

Personally I think it's just a random song and it has nothing to do with the album. But I knew right after I finished the video that it was just a matter of time before the album rumors.

I can't believe anybody would think that it was a new Madonna song. :lmao:

For a colourless, flavourless spirit, it certainly inspires some strong opinions! They changed the Finlandia bottle recently. I prefer the old one.

Give me a bottle of Stoly anytime.

joanna_lumley_abfab.jpg

My brothers girlfriend is Russian and HATES Vodka. She's a Wine expert. She does bring back Russian standard whenever she goes home. Smirnoff is basically no frills but it's perfectly servicable as an everyday drink.

Fab. The dance contest is a cute idea, and this deal will encourage me to drink even more Smirnoff. And no they did NOT use both bits of Candy Shop & 4 Minutes for Madge's little cameo? :wow:

PS- I'mma win that contest, join the upcoming tour, & persaude her to sing LDLHA. Thank me later.

:shock::wow::clap::bow:

Guest groovyguy

Madonna Planning Tour, Launches Global Dance Contest With Smirnoff

madonna_live8_19-500x333.jpg

Madonna is currently in the middle of working on her new album (check out all the reports and rumors concerning the album here and here), but it’s never too early to already be thinking about your tour! The 53-year-old pop queen has teamed up with Smirnoff for the Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange Project, which will hold a global dance contest to find the best dancer to join her on her next tour. It’s So You Think You Can Madonna?, folks!

Here’s the basic rundown of the competition:

Smirnoff will help Madonna pick a dancer for her next tour in a new promotion that will try to get 10 million people in 50 countries to swap their nightlife stories via social media. The promotion, called the Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange Project, asks fans from around the world to share their nightlife experiences on the brand’s Facebook Page. The campaign, created by ad agency JWT, will include an event on November 12 in which 50 parties will happen simultaneously. Madonna will be attending one of the parties where dancers will compete in front of her. The winner of that dance-off may be chosen as a dancer for Madonna’s next tour.

Dancers can enter the contest by uploading a 60-second video of them dancing to Madonna’s “Celebration”. Submissions will be accepted until October 10. Get crackin’, kids! (Also, we love that that the dance-off winner “may be” chosen as Madge’s dancer. So if she doesn’t dig the guy or girl who wins, this whole contest was for naught!)

Check out all the details on the event’s Facebook page. And oh yeah: woo hoo! Another Madonna tour!

Guest groovyguy

Madonna and the Global Dance Contest: Get the Details Here!

Why did Smirnoff choose Madonna?

We wanted to be involved with Madonna because she is an original artist who wants to find the next best dancer. The best dancers are usually looking for the most original experiences just like we are doing.

Is this the first time Madonna has been involved in a competition like this?

This is the first time that Madonna has hosted a competition to find a dancer for her next tour.

Will Madonna be performing at a Nightlife Exchange Project experience?

No, she will not.

What is Madonna’s role in the Nightlife Exchange Project if she is not performing?

Madonna is joining the Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange Project to find the best dancer to join her next tour by having a global dance contest. Once the dance contest is closed and all video auditions have been submitted, the best dancers will be selected to attend a Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange Project experience. Here, finalists will dance in front of Madonna to compete for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join Madonna on her next tour as one of her dancers.

Can anyone enter the global dance contest, even if they are not from one of the 50 countries participating in the Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange Project?

Everyone can enter the contest but not everyone is eligible to win. The countries participating in the contest are: Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, UK, Germany, Ireland, Jamaica, Mexico, Netherlands, Panama, Paraguay, Poland, Uruguay, Thailand, Venezuela, and the USA.

Why am I not able to upload my video?

That’s because not all participants are able to upload their videos on August 18th but don’t worry, you have until October 10th to submit your entry! Check out the dates below for when you can upload your video:

August 18th - UK, Australia, Germany, Argentina, Ireland, USA, Netherlands, Mexico

August 22nd - Jamaica, Thailand, Venezuela, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Panama, Paraguay, and Uruguay

September 7th – Belgium and Poland

Why is the contest not available globally?

The dance contest is open to millions of people in 21 countries. Due to legal limitations in some countries, the dance contest is not available globally.

Why did Smirnoff choose to host a dance contest for Nightlife Exchange Project 2011?

The Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange Project strives to showcase, mix and unite the world through unique nightlife. Nightlife and dance go hand in hand and as such, the best dancers from around the world will be highlighted for their own style and flair.

Is Madonna one of the judges?

No. Finalists are dancing for Madonna at a Nightlife Exchange Project experience but she will not be selecting the final winner.

Who is selecting the winning dancer on November 12?

Madonna’s choreographers and representatives from The Smirnoff Co. will select the winning dancer.

How does the dance contest work?

The submission for the dance competition begins August 18th at 12:01 GMT and runs until October 10th. To enter, dance to the song provided on the tab and post a 60-second dance video to www.Smirnoff.com.

When will the finalists and winner be announced?

Dance contest finalists will be announced on October 10. The winner will be announced on November 12th at the Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange Project Experience Madonna is attending.

Is there a specific track to use for the dance contest video submissions?

Auditions must be performed to Madonna’s “Celebration” track that you can download from www.Smirnoff.com when submitting your entry into the contest.

Guest chatty kathy

Is there a specific track to use for the dance contest video submissions?

Auditions must be performed to Madonna’s “Celebration” track that you can download from www.Smirnoff.com when submitting your entry into the contest.

Well what do you know, promo for 'Celebration' too little, too late?

That's so Jesus era. Just sayin...

Guest jordywind

dont see why people are moaning about this, atleast shes doing something alil different for once and making some effort!

• 3 weeks later...

Audition Details

322 West 45th St

Date: Thursday, September 8th

Time: 7am – 1pm. Auditions begin at 7:30am SHARP.

Details: Must be 21 years or older. Must not wear clothing with visible logos/brands. Come dressed to dance!

11-09-08-madonna-smirnoff-s.jpg

Madonna Searches for Dancer for World Tour; Auditions 9/8

To kick-off the competition, two of Madonna's esteemed choreographers - Rich + Tone Talauega- will hold live auditions with Smirnoff on September 8, 2011 between 7AM - 1PM at Broadway Dance Center, 322 West 45th Street, New York, NY to select one lucky dancer who will join the online finalists from across the globe at the November event.

Whether it's krumping, salsa, pointe, pop and locking, or lyrical, dancers are invited to put their skills to the test for the ultimate prize. Registration to begin at 6:30AM. Rich + Tone have worked with some of the best artists in the industry including Pink, Chris Brown and of course, Madonna.

If unable to make the in-person NYC auditions, aspiring dancers are encouraged to upload a 60-second video of their most original routine by October 10 to be selected for one of the ten remaining spots at the November live auditions. For details on the dance submission process and terms and conditions, visit www.smirnoff.com or www.facebook/madonna.

Read more: http://broadwayworld.com/article/Madonna-Searches-for-Dancer-for-World-Tour-Auditions-98-20110907#ixzz1XJUnzwf8

Rich + Tone Talauega did the choreography for her "4 Minutes" video, as well as stuff on Sticky & Sweet.

Guest groovyguy

Dance Auditions for Madonna's Next Tour in London

... there will be dance auditions in London on Friday 23 September 2011 for Madonna's Next Tour. "We thought this would be a great opportunity for any of Madonna fans to get involved."

To kick-off the competition in Great Britain, Madonna and Smirnoff are teaming up with well known Pineapple Dance Studios to host open audition filming on Friday 23 September 2011 between 12:00PM – 9:00PM at Pineapple Dance Studios, 7 Langley Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JA.

Whether it’s krumping, salsa, pointe, pop and locking, or lyrical, dancers are invited to put their skills to the test for the ultimate prize.

We remind you that, for those hopefuls unable to make the open audition filming, aspiring dancers are encouraged to upload a 60-second video of their most original routine by October 10 to be selected for one of the ten spots at the November live auditions. Entrants must be 21 years old and over. For details on the dance submission process and terms and conditions, visit www.smirnoff.com.

Madonna will attend the Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange Project event in New York City on November 12, it was confirmed by Live Nation Entertainment. The event will include the search to find the most unique, and innovative dancer who performs in front of Madonna and her long-time choreographers, Rich + Tone Talauega. The last dancer standing at the end of the epic dance-off has the chance of winning the coveted prize and becoming part of her official dance crew.

^ If this had happened in London a few weeks ago I would have taken part. Too bad, I live in Newcastle now.

Still, I could upload a video but it's not the same as being THERE in person is it?

Guest groovyguy

GOSSIP NEWS

LOURDES LORDS IT OVER MADGE STAFF

26th September 2011

MADONNA’S daughter Lourdes Ciccone left dozens of dancers steaming mad after she was given the power to hire them for her mum. Hundreds of wannabes went into a huff as they realised they were at the mercy of the mini Material Girl.

Hordes of dancers turned up for an X Factor-style audition to join Madge’s dance team on her new tour.

They flocked to the trendy Pineapple Dance Studios in London thinking they were to be judged by the original Material Girl, 53.

But a source said they were left sulking after realising that Lourdes, 15, was in charge and not her mum.

The teen got the gig as she’s been a pupil at the studios for years. She has perfected a mix of styles and will join the team of back-up dancers on her mum’s shows.

Our source said: “Lourdes does routines every day in her mum’s studios as well as taking classes.

“She can now do jazz, hip-hop, popping, contemporary and even tap. That’s why she is qualified to judge who would be the best back-up dancers for her mum.”

The dancers recorded a one-minute video of them moving to Madonna’s hit Celebration. Lourdes will pick the best from the heats also being held in New York.

Madge will still judge the final few and have the last say on who joins her tour.

Our source said: “A lot of dancers were upset Madonna wasn’t involved at the audition stage.

“But she knows Lourdes is more than capable of picking from the heats.”

The insider added that Lourdes, ambassador for her mum’s Material Girl clothing range, is enjoying earning her own cash.

The auditions were run with Smirnoff as part of its Nightlife Exchange Project where 14 countries will swap their best party ideas with each other.

Madonna will go to one of the bashes and finalists will compete in front of her. A Smirnoff spokesman confirmed the last say will not be down to Lourdes.