Madonna on Out Magazine's Greatest, Gayest Albums Of All Time.

HolidayGuy

Haven't seen a full list, but this was shared by matt cho:

1. David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust

2. The Smiths - The Smiths

3. Tracy Chapman - Tracy Chapman

4. Indigo Girls - Indigo Girls

5. Judy Garland - Live at Carnegia Hall

6. The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead

7. Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

8. Madonna - The Immaculate Collection

9. Cyndi Lauper - She's So Unusual

10. Antony And The Johnsons - I Am A Bird Now

36. Madonna - Erotica

46. Madonna - Ray Of Light

86. Madonna - Madonna

87. Madonna - Confessions On A Dance Floor

The Smith/Morrissey and Madonna together make up 10% of the list, which is packed with 80s artists (Culture Club, Pet Shop Boys, Erasure, Cyndi Lauper, The B-52's, Prince, Bronski Beat, Kate Bush, Yaz). A few newer artists as well, including Rufus Wainwright, Le Tigre, and The Gossip.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I spun Erotica the other week after not hearing it for ages. It's still such a sexy album. I love it.

Guest bedtimestorynyc

same here :lol: for the past 3-4 weeks it's been one of my most listened to albums, alongside with the new mylene's 'point de suture'

Ray of Light, eh? What an unorthodox choice.

If anything, Confessions and the debut should be MUCH higher than either ROL or Erotica, as clearly they are her most "gay-friendly" in terms of their accessibility to the dance-loving queens.

Perhaps Ray of Light is there because it's her most recognizable latter-day Madonna album? I'm glad to see Erotica to be the highest of the studio albums. Makes sense. Madonna and COADF also. Ray of Light though? Maybe they read the tracklist and saw Candy Perfume Girl and thought straight away...

Some of the albums in the top 10 aren't for the dance-loving, though- i.e. The Smiths, David Bowie. svper, stereotypical thinking goin' on? :gent:

RE ROL- remember M saying that some of the music was great to listen to while on E or somethin'? Well, there's reason right there to be on the list, me guesses!

BTW- matt cho said Out polled "100 gay notables, asking them to list the top 10 albums that 'left the most indellible impression' on their lives.' " This included Boy George, Rufus Wainwright, Jake Shears, Indigo Girls, John Cameron Mitchell, Darren Hayes, Holly Johnson, Ari Gold, etc. etc.

IC is not gay at all as its the most popular non-fan non-gay album imo.

100% agreed! Everybody i know owns the IC...i'd pick Erotica and COADF as her 'gayest' albums whatever that's supposed to mean.

I don't see most of her work as gay. Just the fact she is a ballsy successful female artist earned her that title but most of her songs are just pop and not in any way camp.

COAD is probably the gayest of the lot but looking at the top ten I am looking at it from a camp factor and the list clearly isn't otherwise it would Erasure, Pet Shop Boys and the Village People hogging the top spots.

Some of the albums in the top 10 aren't for the dance-loving, though- i.e. The Smiths, David Bowie. svper, stereotypical thinking goin' on? :gent:

I'm speaking relative to Madonna's inclusions, not the list as a whole. When the gays think of Madge's albums in terms of the "fabulous," something tells me that ROL isn't the first to come to mind.

You Can Dance should be #1.

c'c'c'c'c'c'c'c'c'c'c'c'c'c'mon! :lmao:

YAY

I used to dance to that all the time as a limp-wristed little 7-year-old.

I even made up my own You Can Dance Tour 1988 with my little tape player. The setlist included "Can't Stop" and "Ain't No Big Deal" :lmao: