Confessions Tour Billboard Boxscore Thread

Guest Beautiful Stranger

Bravo Madonna! I long for the next tour when she will no doubt break her own record. I'm not Australian, nor do I live there, but I really hope she hits some different markets (including them & South America) next time.

Guest Beautiful Stranger
The 2008 tour will haul in at least $250million :wow:

I think that if it is sort of tied in with her 50th birthday and 25th year in the business, etc she will make it mostly a greatest hits tour and play many more dates than usual. Her show in 2008 could very easily play to 2 million or more and be one of those $300 million+ grossing tours than only US and The Rolling Stones have had thus far. :wow:

I want a FORGOTTEN GEMS tour next time.. she did the greatest-hits proper for Re-Invention, but she hinted at the old gems this time with "Lucky Star" and "You Thrill Me". She needs to take it one step further and do it properly..

I want a setlist that has stuff like "Till Death Do us Part", "I Want You", "Bad Girl" and "Sanctuary" on it please. :wow:

Guest jamesshot

Madonna 25th anniversary is 2007. She officially signed with Sire in 1982 and released Everybody that same year, right? I have always read she was eligible for the R&R Hall of Fame, which would mark her 25th anniversary.

Guest Beautiful Stranger
Madonna 25th anniversary is 2007. She officially signed with Sire in 1982 and released Everybody that same year, right? I have always read she was eligible for the R&R Hall of Fame, which would mark her 25th anniversary.

Don't the yearly inductions happen earlier in the year? How late in 1982 was the Everybody single released? If late then her induction might have to roll over to 2008.

Guest jamesshot

I have always read she was eligible in 2007 because it either goes by when you first sign with a record company or release any material, whether a song or album. For some reason, they may roll her over but they shouldnt as 2007 is officially her 25th year.

She becomes eligible in October 2007 (25 years after the release of her first product) and if she's accepted, she will be in the "class of 2008", as they are officially inducted in the year after their nomination has been accepted.

How late in 1982 was the Everybody single released? If late then her induction might have to roll over to 2008.

She signed her Sire contract in April 1982, but "Everybody" didn't show up (I think) until the November 6, 1982 dance/club play chart.

Guest Topaz Scorpio
She signed her Sire contract in April 1982, but "Everybody" didn't show up (I think) until the November 6, 1982 dance/club play chart.

She would be eligible based on her first RECORD RELEASE not when she signed her contract. So she would be eligible as of Everybody's single release date.

Guest Beautiful Stranger
She would be eligible based on her first RECORD RELEASE not when she signed her contract. So she would be eligible as of Everybody's single release date.

Which would roll over into the 2008 inductions, consider that everybody was released later in the year 1982 and the hall of fame inductions happen earlier in the year.

Guest jamesshot
She becomes eligible in October 2007 (25 years after the release of her first product) and if she's accepted, she will be in the "class of 2008", as they are officially inducted in the year after their nomination has been accepted.

Thanks for clearing that up. I knew 2007 was her 25th year in the biz officially.

I know. I was just stating the fact. :rolleyes: